Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Sannin

11 61.11%
  • Team Kage

7 38.89%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Team Sannin vs Team Kage

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Sannin vs Team Kage

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    How can raikage's speed would allow him to hit and run the entire time when the ground his running for is already a swamp in the underworld? it doesn't make any sense. The sannin's summon alone will going to make the kage run for their money. Bunta and hermit jiraiya, their combination attack, but that includes ma and pa. Tsunade and katsui, and oro and manda, their combination attack is really dangerous and had a wide area of attack.
    Aside from the fact that Ee's lightning cloak would negate the chakra in the swamp cancelling it, both Gaara and Onoki would be capable of creating solid ground using their own abilities. Why would the Kages have any issue with some summonings when they'll been fighting clones using Susanoo who's just as big. In addition, all of them apart from Ee have shown massive enough attacks that could even do damage to giant summons.

I'm pretty sure Hermit jiraiya and bunta's combination attack, bunta for the oil, jiraiya for the fire and pa for the wind, or the combination attack of jiraiya, ma and pa, is no doubt more powerful than Mei's lava attack, Afterall, their attack/jutsu was fuel by senjutsu chakra.
    Having senjutsu in it doesn't mean it would be any more powerful then the attack of another person's attack. Considering Mei's water attacks are powerful enough to match and counter Madara's fire techniques, which actually required dozens of fodder ninjas to counter, she shouldn't have much problem with Jiraiya's attacks.

Even if gaara can manage turning the entire ground into a sand of tsunami, And Mei can hide the kages using her Hidden Mist and acid mist(?), and oonoki used his stone shields and golem, But still, this kind of defence is really useless to jiraiya. He can make the battle field/gaara's sand of tsunami into a swamp of the underworld.
    Um, no he couldn't. Jiraiya can't turn Gaara's sand into the swamp, given that Gaara's sand would have a whole different properties. And as mentioned before, the Kages fully have the means to create their own solid paths regardless of the field becoming a swamp. On the otherhand, none of the Sannins would have a way to move through or over the swamp. Meaning they would be sitting ducks for the Kages.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    Never without extensive knowledge of characters (we know what those characters are capable of because we know a lot more about them than the others) ... we basically know nothing about Oonoki except for his flying, dust element, and few golems ... but I'll give you that he can't fly but making Gaara unable to fly is taking away is sand and thus taking everything away ...

anyway even without flying I gotta go with Kages --- Oonoki and Gaara are real trouble ...

How is removing his ability to fly taking everthing away? Can he:

Create the skin like shield? Yes
    Create sand barriers? Yes
    Can he create sand Tsunamy? Yes
    Can he chase and grab people with sand? Yes.
    Can he put people underground? Yes.
    Can he crush people with sand? Yes
    Can he create that sand golem? Yes
    etc, etc, etc....

You really lost me, seriously. Having the ability to fly with sand could lift his entire team in the sky and nuke them all from up there. It would be a complete stomp as the other thing can't do ANYTHING to fight.
    Same reason why i removed the old man's ability to fly...
    As it is now 90% of people give the win to the Kages... Imagine with fly mode on.

@Rikudou King

It would be interesting to see what effect would oil have on Gaara's sand. As we know JMan has tons of it:P if we got by everthing else it should stop the sand from working.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The oil may perhaps ruin the sand Gaara's defending with, but it shouldn't prevent him from still using it. And as we saw, Gaara's pretty tricky when it comes to his sand usage. While Jiraiya wastes time targeting his obvious defenses, Gaara can strike from below while he's preoccupied.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The oil may perhaps ruin the sand Gaara's defending with, but it shouldn't prevent him from still using it. And as we saw, Gaara's pretty tricky when it comes to his sand usage. While Jiraiya wastes time targeting his obvious defenses, Gaara can strike from below while he's preoccupied.
    This is Gaara's sand reaction to a watery oil

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Yes, the oil ruined that sand, but didn't prevent Gaara from still using it with enough sand. Unless Jiraiya can literally flood the field with oil quickly, Gaara will be able to counter his oil with more sand while also attacking him from a different direction like below.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Yes, the oil ruined that sand, but didn't prevent Gaara from still using it with enough sand. Unless Jiraiya can literally flood the field with oil quickly, Gaara will be able to counter his oil with more sand while also attacking him from a different direction like below.
    True, but don't forget that Niidaime Mizukage's range of his oil seems to be the same range Suigetsu has with his water ( they both know Hozuki's Hijutsu apparently ), that Niidaime's oil seems "watery" and that Jiraiya can create a sea of oil in SM.
    Gaara is matched in area of attack imho, also dispose of said oil would be difficult for him since he hasn't any absorbing ability, and Jiraiya can easily pull it on fire with a basic katon

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite the Mizukage's whole body presumably becoming oily, it took time for him to seep through the sand around him. If Jiraiya employs a fire attack, or Mei does to take advantage of it, that would get rid of the oil freeing Gaara up, since we know his sand can withstand fire just fine. And Gaara definitely has the edge in area of attack. In addition, while Jiraiya would have to give all his focus to shooting out the oil at Gaara, we know that Gaara is capable of diverting his focus between both attacking and defending quite well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

team sannin without a doubt. Orochimaru and Jiraiya alone would whipe out almost all of the team kage lol

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Gats
    Please try to elaborate your point. Otherwise using the poll should be enough.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    How is removing his ability to fly taking everthing away? Can he:

Create the skin like shield? Yes
    Create sand barriers? Yes
    Can he create sand Tsunamy? Yes
    Can he chase and grab people with sand? Yes.
    Can he put people underground? Yes.
    Can he crush people with sand? Yes
    Can he create that sand golem? Yes
    etc, etc, etc....

You really lost me, seriously. Having the ability to fly with sand could lift his entire team in the sky and nuke them all from up there. It would be a complete stomp as the other thing can't do ANYTHING to fight.
    Same reason why i removed the old man's ability to fly...
    As it is now 90% of people give the win to the Kages... Imagine with fly mode on.

@Rikudou King

It would be interesting to see what effect would oil have on Gaara's sand. As we know JMan has tons of it:P if we got by everthing else it should stop the sand from working.
    becuase all of those abilities that you described are based on his sand hovering - so he can let hover anything else - enemies, trees what ever but himself and his comrades? See that?
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Murdock

How logic it is that he can't make himself hover is completly irrelevant. That does not limit his use of his other abilities.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd give this to the Kages, easily. Fight begins, Gaara guards Onoki. Onoki starts setting up dust release - Raikage and Mei charge in to keep the Sannin preoccupied. The dust release technique obliterates all but Tsunade, and then Onoki and Gaara (and the Raikage, if he was fast enough to evade) proceed to pummel Tsunade. Once Gaara has caught her arms, Tsunade's dead meat.

Epic Brofist!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

If Naruto wasn't in Sannins team, I daresay kages would definitely win.
    If kages were allowed to fly <at least those who can and can allow others to fly: Gaara & Oonoki>, I daresay kages would definitely win.

Ok, we have Naruto in Sannins team and kages cannot fly. Still, I will go with kages. <I think I somewhere put my perfect team, and if Tsunade was in kages team then it would be my perfect team xP> Ok, we can say that Sannins has experience fighting alongside each other but kages seem to share this as well <even more so if you consider that we didn't see much of Sannins teamwork and from kages we've seen>

Why kages win: almost perfect attack and almost perfect defence - Dust Release techniqes are not blockable <or however you say this>, if you're hit you're a goner <maybe Oro could in time made his Oral Rebirth or Tsunade heal herself but if Oonoki fires some bigger ones.. you're out, for good>; and Absolute Defense of Gaara - maybe its not sth Sannins cannot overthrow but still.. I can imagine Gaara pretty much defend any of the kages on his side with little to no effort <just imagine that Gaara, after fighting his father and Mizukage dude, was still protecting some of random dudes against Madara UNTIL Oonoki made his sand lighter> I can imagine he would do the same to kages <and he would be, from the start, with his full chakra capacity>
    Support/attack power: Raikage and Mizukage - well, short range fighter KA has nothing to worry about, he's speed will allow him to dodge almost anything Sannins would throw at him <Naruto would be the only one to keep up and be faster?>, not to mention that one hit from Raikage may be K.O. for an opponent, and Mei's youton is devastating as well <though slow it seems> Raikage and Mizukage pretty much did good against Madara at the beginning of 5 kages vs Madara fight.

My scenario:
    - Gaara defends Oonoki, Ka, and Mei from upcoming attacks
    - Oonoki fires Dust Release
    - KA goes on a rampage
    - Mizukage uses Youton
    - every other combo I can see and we've seen in manga: Oonoki doing support and making Gaara's sand lighter, 'summoning' his Golem, being on Raikage's back and making him lighter/heaveir, suiton/raiton attacks from Mei and KA, suiton mixed with sand, etc.

Not to be one-sided: Oro would do his stuff - would be 'killed' many times until he would no longer have the ability to do Oral Rebirth, Ji-man would buy some time to enter Sage Mode, Tsunade would be the same as Oro until she would be killed, and Naruto.. well, it seems Naruto & Ji-man may pose a danger to the kages if it means for attack power. Summoning would be cool but I wonder if they would use it against Oonoki.. those big summons would be plain obvious target for dust release technique. Like I said: if kages would win even Ji-man and Naruto wouldn't be a problem but they cannot fly so its harder to beat them methinks.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Naruto wins in feats and in hype imo. It seems that Kishi as of late is exemplifying just how terrifying and overwhelming a kage bunshin can be at the hands of characters such has Naruto, Madara, Hashirama and others who have incredible amounts of chakra, stamina and high level shinobi.
    A sage clone was able to take on the 3rd raikage who is very fast just like the 4 raikage and stronger than him.
    This is just one clone. Now imagine Naruto using 50-100 sage clones? Game. Set. Match.

Naruto also has Orochimaru(a very powerful venom who is extremely hard to kill),
    Tsunade who is the best healer in the world currently,
    Jiraiya(IMO the most legendary of the legendary sannin who is versatile in many form of combat),

Team Sannin certainly has my vote no questions asked

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3