Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 18.42%
  • Good!

20 52.63%
  • Regular

8 21.05%
  • Boring...

1 2.63%
  • Bad!

2 5.26%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by ghostexiled; June 22, 2012 at 05:58 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    No, I think Shelia might be misleading. If GS magic had a similar characteristic to Zeref's magic, Ultear would've mentioned it to FT. I'm guessing that Arcadias' plan is currently being put into motion.
    Actually that is a good point. The magic reminiscence to zeref has supposedly been there for a while, perhaps even before shelia ever participated in the tournament. In this regard, it might actually be a coincidence that arcadios just happened to do something as shelia started fighting with an ancient powerful lost magic. Basically a plot setup to mislead gerard. I wonder if we will actually see the tournament come to an end....

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been a fan of this whole God Slayer thing, but I was kinda relieved that it was a Lost magic and hoped only Zancrow would've access to it... But now, probably that Orga too can use it too, kinda lame if you ask me

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Why everyone insist on lame? There are only three users in the world, place din top 3 guilds and suddenly is lame?

Let's remember that DS Magic is also a lost magic. It only means that it can't be thought by regular means, but why the hell top warlocks would learn a magic by regular means?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Why everyone insist on lame? There are only three users in the world, place din top 3 guilds and suddenly is lame?

Let's remember that DS Magic is also a lost magic. It only means that it can't be thought by regular means, but why the hell top warlocks would learn a magic by regular means?
    As I said, it is the whole concept of " God Slayer " that I find lame to begin with, not the fact that 3 or 4 or 10 people knowing it honestly, but since it was a lost magic, I had hoped that maybe it will be limited to Zancrow only and that's it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

well maybe Zeref is the 'God' who thought people god slayer magic, it would explain why the dragons are so cautious of him. It could also explain why they seem to 'fear' him since god slayer magic seems to be very much like DS but so much stronger. Natsu almost killed himself to defeat (ish) Zancrow who got up a few chapters later like nothing and then Zeref just looked at him and byebye Zancrow.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    well maybe Zeref is the 'God' who thought people god slayer magic, it would explain why the dragons are so cautious of him. It could also explain why they seem to 'fear' him since god slayer magic seems to be very much like DS but so much stronger. Natsu almost killed himself to defeat (ish) Zancrow who got up a few chapters later like nothing and then Zeref just looked at him and byebye Zancrow.
    But if Zeref is a " God ", what is Acnologia then ? Mega God ? The way Zeref talked about Acnologia suggested that he's insanely strong, stronger than Zeref himself probably...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon Slayer is Lost magic, too. So is Arc magic of which we already saw Embodiment Arc, Time Arc and Tree Arc. And the rest of Grimoire Heart also used Lost Magic. It's the same with One Piece's Haki and Haoushoku: Fairy Tail is a story about the top notch mages. No one should be surprised that there's a lot of characters to be able to use magic that is said to be "rare".

If people start call it lame or even rubbish, then okay, it's their opinion. But - to repeat this over and over - they are simply reading the wrong manga and better should stop NOW before being disappointed too much. Because there's even more lost magic to come, and we can be 100% sure of it.

Now, as that is said: I'm actually curious how the hell Cheria (Tales of Graces reference?) was able to learn that magic...

12. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    But if Zeref is a " God ", what is Acnologia then ? Mega God ? The way Zeref talked about Acnologia suggested that he's insanely strong, stronger than Zeref himself probably...
    well he never looked like he feared acnologia so maybe its not Zeref whose under Acnologia but vice versa. Zeref gave life to numerious monsters and took life even so he's very godlike =/ its just an idea, it could be acnologia who is the 'god' and just used the form of a dragon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do we assume lost magic can't be taught by regular means? If I recall lost magic is one that had severe consequences and thus was lost in history. That does not imply it can't be taught like any other magic nor does it rule out some special process. For all we know there even are a few non lost magics that can't be taught regularly.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Acnologia didn't seem that cautious to me. It was the other way around. He probably boarded Hades' ship more to get away from the dragon than to punish the guy.

Either way, I doubt Shelia is a god slayer. She's probably got some neat trick, but to get a reaction from Mavis it isn't likely to be something the tournament already showcased.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    As I said, it is the whole concept of " God Slayer " that I find lame to begin with, not the fact that 3 or 4 or 10 people knowing it honestly, but since it was a lost magic, I had hoped that maybe it will be limited to Zancrow only and that's it.
    I think you take too seriously the "god" part. The whole thing merely means that there is a creature which at some point was called a god and magic to slay such creature was developed (which incidentally means human using the same powers as the creature they slay). Interestingly enough, there could even be other kinds of slayers for other lesser or greater creatures. Basically you find a powerful monster, make a human imitate its constitution and magic and you got a new slayer thingy lol.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    As far as we know zeref is a human though. Even then, if he is a god hellbent on destroying the world why would he teach others how to kill him? Even if he did, if natsu is the one supposed to defeat him then why would natsu be a DS and not a god slayer? There seems to be a clear connection between zeref and acknologia, I would argue it is far more likely that zeref is the DS of life and death or something rather than a god slayer. Granted, the supposed gods could have some important purpose in the grand scheme of the story but I doubt zeref himself would be one. Perhaps acknologia works for the gods and he merely took zeref in for some reason.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    As far as we know zeref is a human though. Even then, if he is a god hellbent on destroying the world why would he teach others how to kill him? Even if he did, if natsu is the one supposed to defeat him then why would natsu be a DS and not a god slayer? There seems to be a clear connection between zeref and acknologia, I would argue it is far more likely that zeref is the DS of life and death or something rather than a god slayer. Granted, the supposed gods could have some important purpose in the grand scheme of the story but I doubt zeref himself would be one. Perhaps acknologia works for the gods and he merely took zeref in for some reason.
    Well, a 'god' can mean something beyond human which Zeref seems to have achieved. maybe its not the orthodox meaning of 'god' we think. I mean he's liived beyond human age for around 400 years or so, he created life and took life which could be considered godlike but not the gods we think off. it seems its more plausible he is a DS but i never said he was a GS but rather a 'god'. I mean the dragons don't use DS magic but rather teach it. Although hades was the one who thaught Zancrow :/

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm...What if Zeref was the previous God-Wind Slayer who advanced enough to do "kill" magic?

Interesting, at least. So we know that dark elements are the "God" slaying versions. I assume that Sheila has a similar magic than Zeref because She's using the same principle, but less advanced.
    I kinda agree with this. Remember that Sky DS also had the ability to heal (=life). And if we consider that the GS magic is like the "opposite" of DS magic (the color is black, could be the counter part of the DS magic?), then the opposite of "giving life" is death. So yeah, Zeref could be the Sky GS, the only difference between he and Shelia being that he has mastered the "death" part of his power.
    Last edited by Ether; June 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast