Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 18.42%
  • Good!

20 52.63%
  • Regular

8 21.05%
  • Boring...

1 2.63%
  • Bad!

2 5.26%
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member adbanginwar's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

the chapter is out on mangareader..

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/288

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    Well, a 'god' can mean something beyond human which Zeref seems to have achieved. maybe its not the orthodox meaning of 'god' we think. I mean he's liived beyond human age for around 400 years or so, he created life and took life which could be considered godlike but not the gods we think off. it seems its more plausible he is a DS but i never said he was a GS but rather a 'god'. I mean the dragons don't use DS magic but rather teach it. Although hades was the one who thaught Zancrow :/
    Well, the issue with these slaying magics is that to begin with they mimic the constitution and power of the creature they are supposed to slay. In this regard, DS magic is basically the same stuff dragons use and GS magic is basically the same magic that gods use except that it is used by humans. Now, if the implication of both magics is the mimicking of a creature for the sake of killing that creature then how would it add up if zeref is a god? A human copying a human's constitution and magic for the sake of killing a human? It does not quite add up. The way I see it a god must be an intrinsically different creature from a human or dragon with insane powers to say the least so that it makes sense to copy its power and constitution.

I never really thought much against the idea hades teaching zancrow DS magic. Why would that make the magic not GS magic? If the principle of a slaying magic is to mimic a creature for the sake of killing it then why does it really matter who teaches it? Even DS with lachrima are by all intents and purposes fully functional as DS and we have seen that DS lachrima can actually enhance a DSs magic (sting and rogue apparently). Zancrow being a GS implies hades himself somehow acquired knowledge of how to take the power and constitution of a god. Its like saying grey is not an ice make user because ice didn't teach him the magic. As long as the creature in question is being effectively mimicked then we have no reason to suggest the user is not what he claims to be.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Just saw the scanlation on manga readers. It seems the one at manga fox missed the page with wendy and shelia eating the air lol. It does seem like shelia can heal better when eating the air... or is she perhaps able to use her wind magic to heal herself?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I did think of Orga as a GS, but not that Shelia was it. We did however gain some knowledge of it that I don't think anyone has brought up, and that is the way it is learned. The true dragon slayers are all raised by dragons, some might argue that they are dragons or share dragons blood, most of us are anyway familiar with the idea that Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel are either statues or over eighty years meaning more or less that they are not normal human beings. The GS on the other hand, through Shelia, are now known to be "human"(normal) and with relatives, since Shelia has her cousin. This should explain that GS are not raised by "gods" the same way true DS are raised by dragons, instead they are more like fake DS who have been infused with the magic.

I'm not the biggest fan of the GS nor the fake DS, since it kind of fouls the pureness and uniqueness of the DS that Mashima built up at the beginning of the manga, but I have to admit that it does bring some sort of superiority against the original DS, too bad Natsu already defeated his counterpart. With Orga it also brings the idea of a true lightning DS if not a lightning Dragon.

About the chapter though, Wendy has evolved a lot and it's a little unlucky for her to face her natural enemy, so I guess we still have to wait until she finally gets her chance to really prove herself.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: off-topic nostalgic memories... show

I hope Mashima explains the origin of the God Slayer magic. I can't believe Im saying this, but Wendys fight seems to be the most interesting fight so far. Other fights were rather just flashy (Erza, Laxus, Orga, Jura vs Myst) or just plain ass boring (Elfman vs Bacchus and the rest, who don't even need to be mentioned). This one seems to be rather big and important plot wise. Looking forward to some explanation (though I don't have much hope on that part).

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    Well, a 'god' can mean something beyond human which Zeref seems to have achieved. maybe its not the orthodox meaning of 'god' we think. I mean he's liived beyond human age for around 400 years or so, he created life and took life which could be considered godlike but not the gods we think off. it seems its more plausible he is a DS but i never said he was a GS but rather a 'god'. I mean the dragons don't use DS magic but rather teach it. Although hades was the one who thaught Zancrow :/
    Then Natsu & Gajeel & Wendy must be gods too ? Real DS certainly aren't humans and Natsu and Gajeel are more than 80 years old, probably Wendy too.
    The way I see it, to me, Dragons are the strongest beings out there, Acnologia's performance should be a proof of that, I fail to see any creature stronger than them except ofc " God " or whatever created this world if it does exist

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Dragon Slayer is Lost magic, too. So is Arc magic of which we already saw Embodiment Arc, Time Arc and Tree Arc. And the rest of Grimoire Heart also used Lost Magic. It's the same with One Piece's Haki and Haoushoku: Fairy Tail is a story about the top notch mages. No one should be surprised that there's a lot of characters to be able to use magic that is said to be "rare".

If people start call it lame or even rubbish, then okay, it's their opinion. But - to repeat this over and over - they are simply reading the wrong manga and better should stop NOW before being disappointed too much. Because there's even more lost magic to come, and we can be 100% sure of it.

Now, as that is said: I'm actually curious how the hell Cheria (Tales of Graces reference?) was able to learn that magic...
    Off-topic did Cheria's artes include wind attacks?? I haven't played the game yet....

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

So Shelia is Zancrow's successor huh?

Now I believe Zeref had something to do with her training, nobody gets lost magic for free.

Maybe she is not even Sherry's cousin and is using some sort of memory altering magic to looklike part of her guild.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets be honest.
    I am disappointed in this chapter.
    Another god slayer? What a coincidence!

Seriously. Could have thought of
    Something cool for Wendy to fight against...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Why the thread for chapter 288 is not open yet?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ramstain View Post
    Seriously. Could have thought of
    Something cool for Wendy to fight against...
    I think Mashima needed to be a God Slayer to wrap up some stuff.

It was not to make Wendy fight something cool (Although her fight so far is one of the best) but to develop the plot. I think it's quite obvious.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Actually that is a good point. The magic reminiscence to zeref has supposedly been there for a while, perhaps even before shelia ever participated in the tournament. In this regard, it might actually be a coincidence that arcadios just happened to do something as shelia started fighting with an ancient powerful lost magic. Basically a plot setup to mislead gerard. I wonder if we will actually see the tournament come to an end....
    Yeah, one of my first thoughts was if this was a red herring and Arcadios is busy, and has things set up such that it looks like one of the participants is the source of any dark magic that leaks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if anyone considered that this match could end up as the games first draw?

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    I was wondering if anyone considered that this match could end up as the games first draw?
    I doubt it, I don't think fairy tail A is going to alg significantly behind fairy tail B here. I think wendy is going to win but she is going to have to step her game up.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A should be a few points ahead right now. If they tie and end up a little behind then B just has to do a little worse at the next mystery event.

That said, I feel like the most likely tie is the final battle.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really a fan of there being more God Slayers. Judging by Orga's reaction it is safe to assume that he is a Lightning God Slayer, and all those God Slayer elements are actually black.

It was supposed to be super secret lost magic that no one knows about that Hades taught Zancrow, now it doesn't seem really special. It looks like it's only purpose is to introduce decent rivals to Dragon Slayer magic. Who knows, maybe there will be good explanation of its origin that will influence the story.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast