Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 18.42%
  • Good!

20 52.63%
  • Regular

8 21.05%
  • Boring...

1 2.63%
  • Bad!

2 5.26%
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

I believe God Slayer Magic's origin might be explained in the upcoming chapters by Mavis as it seems that she knows about the magic. Hope it will be revealed as we know quite a bit about DS Magic, but not GS Magic.
    About Wendy winning the match... I feel that it would be at least anticlimatic as she has said that she is out of magic power and is not only tired, but also quite beat up, while her opponent is quite well and kicking and her fellow Guildmembers said that her hasn't got serious yet, so for Wendy getting a tie would be actually quite a big result, especially that before timeskip she was close to useless even when it came to healing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehhhh......I don't really have much interest in Wendy. God Slayer Magic lost its uniqueness now too, the first arc after its introduction and Mashima has already introduced two more. DS and Make magic has lost its uniqueness too.....

But the thing that really bugs me is the way Mashima draws some of these attacks. All of Wendy and Shelia's attacks look exactly the same despite each having a different name, just like how most of Natsu's attacks look like the same fire explosion. I can't even tell what Wendy or Shelia's attacks really do based on the way their drawed, each one just looks like a generic wind blast projectile. Hopefully there's something special about "black wind".This fight is boring to me, but it is one of the better fights since it seems to be lasting longer and is being taken seriously by Mashima. That's kind of sad. I hope Mashima either reveals an interesting connection to Zeref or something next week, and/or hurries up to the next round so interesting fights can finally happen.

I know Wendy says she's out of magic, but due to past events that have happened in FT, I won't believe it til I see it.
    Last edited by exacta; June 22, 2012 at 02:42 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

My toughts are that the chapter was good, nobody expected both girls to throw such powerful attacks even if the nature of Shelia's magic sounded like BS to many people.

In my opinion the fight will end in a draw, Wendy will follow Natsu's example and suck Shelia's attack so she ends up using a haxor DS technique that beats the latter but knocks her out.

I think Wendy deserves at least a tie because she has been the pushover for too long, I mean it's her spot and she deserves to shine since Natsu beat his own GS counterpart.

Moreover, I think I am starting to grasp what God Slayer magic is.

God Slayer magic was created by Zeref in the past to act as a direct counter to the Dragon Slayers.

This is why a God Slayer has similar eyes to him when they power up, Zeref is the god who made their magic.

It's basically a technique from his Black Arts that perfectly imitates the nature of DS but overpowers the original element because the true element of GS is darkness.

When the DS zeroes his magical power he does the same thing Natsu did with Zancrow and later Laxus, he absorbs the alien element and combines it with his own.

The reason why Natsu could keep lighting and not darkness is probably because the later requires some negative nature from the DS and since Natsu is a good guy his body rejected the black magic.

Moreover, there is also a major difference between the GS of a true DS and the GS of a Lacrima DS and it probably has something to do with where their magic come from.

Orga is probably the God Slayer of Lightning, however, he never refered himself as such and there was no Zeref energy coming from him as far as everyone is concerned.

In my opinion dragon lacrima is made either by leftovers of a dead dragon or a dead true DS, that way the power of the fake DS is just earned from the previous owner rather than taught by a greater power.

The same goes for god slayers and because Orga simply got the Lightning God Slayer Lacrima rather than learning his magic from Zeref or a derivate, he doesn't show traits of lost magic on his God Slayer powers.

4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well...

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    My toughts are that the chapter was good, nobody expected both girls to throw such powerful attacks even if the nature of Shelia's magic sounded like BS to many people.

In my opinion the fight will end in a draw, Wendy will follow Natsu's example and suck Shelia's attack so she ends up using a haxor DS technique that beats the latter but knocks her out.

I think Wendy deserves at least a tie because she has been the pushover for too long, I mean it's her spot and she deserves to shine since Natsu beat his own GS counterpart.

Moreover, I think I am starting to grasp what God Slayer magic is.

God Slayer magic was created by Zeref in the past to act as a direct counter to the Dragon Slayers.

This is why a God Slayer has similar eyes to him when they power up, Zeref is the god who made their magic.

It's basically a technique from his Black Arts that perfectly imitates the nature of DS but overpowers the original element because the true element of GS is darkness.

When the DS zeroes his magical power he does the same thing Natsu did with Zancrow and later Laxus, he absorbs the alien element and combines it with his own.

The reason why Natsu could keep lighting and not darkness is probably because the later requires some negative nature from the DS and since Natsu is a good guy his body rejected the black magic.

Moreover, there is also a major difference between the GS of a true DS and the GS of a Lacrima DS and it probably has something to do with where their magic come from.

Orga is probably the God Slayer of Lightning, however, he never refered himself as such and there was no Zeref energy coming from him as far as everyone is concerned.

In my opinion dragon lacrima is made either by leftovers of a dead dragon or a dead true DS, that way the power of the fake DS is just earned from the previous owner rather than taught by a greater power.

The same goes for god slayers and because Orga simply got the Lightning God Slayer Lacrima rather than learning his magic from Zeref or a derivate, he doesn't show traits of lost magic on his God Slayer powers.

That's sound very reasonable but for some reason that Shelia girl gives me the creeps. like she's sort of doll, non-human because she kept on smiling no matter what. Yea I think draw's the best wendy can hope for. I think maybe she knows what to do or maybe Natsu will yell out the answer. Can he do that? Tell her what to do? Anyhow I'm sort of surprise Doranbolt didn't know that was Jellal and how did he know Mystogan left anyway? Does one know if he knows about Edolas? I think Jellal is in big ass trouble if it was anyone but mest who is fairy's ally and feels guilty enough to let Jellal slide for a short while.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After going through the past pages I feel so backwards for liking god slayer magic. Of all the lost magic used last arc that was the one that seemed like it could have the most interesting origin. The moment zancrow was given a specific element it seemed like it was inevitable that there would be other elements. Now I imagine that in the past there might have been some greek-like pantheon of elemental gods. I definitely look forward to some background if it ends up being more than just a unique class of magic.

I'm enjoying the match more than I thought I would. As much as I like Wendy I was really rooting for Chelia to be more than a Jenny-like nemisis. I just hope that it doesn't end exactly the way natsu vs. zancrow did. If Wendy does some how win then I'd like to see her put her own spin on how to counter god slaying magic.
    Last edited by Regret; June 22, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Regret View Post
    After going through the past pages I feel so backwards for liking god slayer magic. Of all the lost magic used last arc that was the one that seemed like it could have the most interesting origin. The moment zancrow was given a specific element it seemed like it was inevitable that there would be other elements. Now I imagine that in the past there might have been some greek-like pantheon of elemental gods. I definitely look forward to some background if it ends up being more than just a unique class of magic.

I'm enjoying the match more than I thought I would. As much as I like Wendy I was really rooting for Chelia to be more than a Jenny-like nemisis. I just hope that it doesn't end exactly the way natsu vs. zancrow did. If Wendy does some how win then I'd like to see her put her own spin on how to counter god slaying magic.
    I actually imagined some pantheon like thing too. Kinda like the god's pantheon vs the dragon's pantheon or something. I still think the gods in general are going to be related to the dark guild tartarus which in mythology is the prison of the titans.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the "moe" matchup!!
    in all seriousness the last character i figured to have a connection to zeref was the clumsy girl shelia from LS
    with that being said it makes for some nice suspense going into next week!
    anyone elsr find it interesting that wendy had a connection with mystogan in the past and now she is about to be saved by mystogan again?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanteSonOfSparda's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I believe God Slayer Magic's origin might be explained in the upcoming chapters by Mavis as it seems that she knows about the magic. Hope it will be revealed as we know quite a bit about DS Magic, but not GS Magic.
    About Wendy winning the match... I feel that it would be at least anticlimatic as she has said that she is out of magic power and is not only tired, but also quite beat up, while her opponent is quite well and kicking and her fellow Guildmembers said that her hasn't got serious yet, so for Wendy getting a tie would be actually quite a big result, especially that before timeskip she was close to useless even when it came to healing.
    That's the exact same situation Natsu was in when he fought against his GS counterpart (his name was Zancrow right? I'm too lazy to look that up now :P). In fact, being out of magical power was the key component of Natsu's victory at that time...

I'm not saying Wendy is sure to win: IMO it would be totally lame to hype the little GS-Girl by likning her to Zeref in some way, only to let her loose against the (probably) weakest member of "Fairy Tail A". On the other hand Raven Tail was also totally hyped, we all saw how they turned out (but at least they were trashed by Laxus)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Of the potential battles, Sky Dragon Slayer v Sky God Slayer didn't really register as a possibility for me. When you think about it, it was only a matter of time before we saw more God Slayers, as it appears that Orga is the Lightning God Slayer. I also didn't expect to see Shelia as the source of the Zeref connection. As for Wendy, when did she become such an able-bodied combatant. I expected to surpass her past shows, but she seemed like she could handle herself in a serious battle. I'm not too sure about the outcome of the battle, although I'd give the advantage to Wendy just because she needs a win. I've always wondered about Wendy's limits. Natsu and Gajeel's power-ups are limited by their source of food, Wendy's source is the sky....which is pretty much limitless. Is there a limit to how much Sky she can consume? A few surprises this chapter, looking forward to see what happens next in the battle.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Well unfortunately for Wendy this battle really has little to do with her it seems, meaning that she probably isn't going to come out on top this time around. Granted we do want to see the results of her training, but we kind of already did see that in this chapter. Overall this is far more about Shelia being a God Slayer and more importantly her somehow being linked to Zeref. Mainly because i don't think its God Slayer Magic in general that has drawn the attention of Jellal, otherwise the same would have happened with Orga who also seems to be a God Slayer. So its either something about Sky God Slayer Magic that Shelia and Zeref share in common, or its something completely different and very unexpected.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Well unfortunately for Wendy this battle really has little to do with her it seems, meaning that she probably isn't going to come out on top this time around. Granted we do want to see the results of her training, but we kind of already did see that in this chapter. Overall this is far more about Shelia being a God Slayer and more importantly her somehow being linked to Zeref. Mainly because i don't think its God Slayer Magic in general that has drawn the attention of Jellal, otherwise the same would have happened with Orga who also seems to be a God Slayer. So its either something about Sky God Slayer Magic that Shelia and Zeref share in common, or its something completely different and very unexpected.
    That's because Orga probably got his powers from a Lacrima while Shelia studied under a dark mage.

God Slayer is a dark type magic that copies the abilities of Dragon Slayer and surpasses them because darkness is the most powerful element. It's a derivate of Zeref's godlike Black Arts closest to the origin of magic that can basically create any freaking magic you can think of.

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure it has been said... but it is possible that Zeref created the GS ability in order to fight off the Dragons and the ones they raised as DS.

Since I believe that the Dragons and the DS's were on the side of good when fighting Zeref back then.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a far-fetched theory, actually. I kinda like the pantheon thing instead, and Zeref being connected to it. Maybe they were the first warlocks, the ones more close to darkness that fought with Dragons in ages of mythology. :O

Now I'm wondering if we will see the Sky Dragon form of Wendy. Would it have feathers? :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well...

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    That's because Orga probably got his powers from a Lacrima while Shelia studied under a dark mage.

God Slayer is a dark type magic that copies the abilities of Dragon Slayer and surpasses them because darkness is the most powerful element. It's a derivate of Zeref's godlike Black Arts closest to the origin of magic that can basically create any freaking magic you can think of.
    We don't know how Orga got his GS Magic. And its highly unlikely that Shelia would be allowed to be in Lamia Scale if she really did study under a Dark Mage like Zancrow did under Hades. Not to mention that we don't even know where GS Magic comes from. Its all just speculation and people's own opinions at this point. But it certainly doesn't have to do anything with Dark Magic or Zeref just because the color of GS Magic is black. The only thing we know about GS Magic is that it is a Lost Magic, which doesn't tell us very much because that category is somewhat large. On top of all of that the black color isn't even a give away of GS magic itself. No one said anything wen Orga was using his attacks and people outside of Lamia Scale only started commenting on Shelia's magic when she started saying "Sky God" before every attack.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It's not a far-fetched theory, actually. I kinda like the pantheon thing instead, and Zeref being connected to it. Maybe they were the first warlocks, the ones more close to darkness that fought with Dragons in ages of mythology. :O

Now I'm wondering if we will see the Sky Dragon form of Wendy. Would it have feathers? :O
    If you look at Grandine, she has feather-like or fur-like parts. She also has scales. I can't imagine Wendy with feathers. Wings, maybe. Do you think Wendy might use the milky way even if she has yet to master it? Lucy; when she summoned Gemini during the fight with Flare, Gemini pointed out that Lucy has yet to master the ultimate spell uranometria but used it anyway. Though it was cancelled because of RT, it was still implied, the magic would have been casted. Wendy might use it for the next chapter.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast