Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 18.42%
  • Good!

20 52.63%
  • Regular

8 21.05%
  • Boring...

1 2.63%
  • Bad!

2 5.26%
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

God Slayers:
    Zancrow (dead) - Fire
    Orga - Lightning
    Chelia - Sky

1st Gen Dragon Slayers:
    Natsu - Fire
    Gajeel - Iron
    Wendy - Sky

2nd Gen Dragon Slayers:
    Laxus - Lightning
    Cobra (presumed dead) - Poison

3rd Gen Dragon Slayers
    Rogue
    Sting

So we had 7 dragon slayers and 2 god slayers, yet it was really lame to introduce another god slayer? Would you rather have 2 god slayers for the rest of the manga? I'll answer that for you; probably not. There is a good reason Mashima introduced god slayers, we just don't know yet. So it isn't fair to jump to conclusions.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if I recall natsu emptied himself of magic and changed his body into one that could absorb the god flame. Right now wendy does not have any power left so she is in a prime situation to actually eat shelia's wind. Dragon god sky drill anyone? Well, perhaps not that but perhaps eating the god's wind would allow wendy to replinish herself in a similar fashion to shelia. Based on the title it seems the battle is going to end up with wendy using the cutest punch ever to bitchslap shelia.

On another note, shelia and wendy have the single most hax magic in the entire manga simply because being a sky magic slayer thingy allows them all the benefits it allows to any other users. SHelia is prove that a sky magic user can replenish herself merely through consuming the air, which is always present. This is relevant because it is the equivalent to natsu having a fight against an enemy while being surrounded by an infinite source of fire. So wendy can potentially heal others, herself, never run out of a natural source of her element and use all the DS and GS techniques we have seen so far. I find it a tad funny that mashima would give the single strongest magics we have seen to two little girls without an attitude for battle lol. I guess it kinda makes sense though.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She ended up being everything I hoped she wouldn't be. (New least favorite character)

Anyway, looks like Jellal's set himself up to get caught. If that girl turns out to be involved with the villains somehow that would be a good distraction to save Wendy's hide, but bad news for him

Edit: Just notice going through again. Why is Mavis looking windblown? Isn't she a ghost? There's no reason she should need to hold her dress down or have her hair blowing everywhere.
    Last edited by SerpentTailedAngel; June 22, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    She ended up being everything I hoped she wouldn't be. (New least favorite character)

Anyway, looks like Jellal's set himself up to get caught. If that girl turns out to be involved with the villains somehow that would be a good distraction to save Wendy's hide, but bad news for him

Edit: Just notice going through again. Why is Mavis looking windblown? Isn't she a ghost? There's no reason she should need to hold her dress down or have her hair blowing everywhere.
    She is a astral projection only able to be seen by Fairy Tail Members... And well she needed to pee remember? XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    She is a astral projection only able to be seen by Fairy Tail Members... And well she needed to pee remember? XD
    I am starting to think Mavis is not truly dead.

I mean, it is a magical world and she supposedly is manifesting her spirit with her magic but so far we never saw anybody else doing this.

This is major wild guessing but perhaps Mavis split herself in two with the little ghost being the light part whose body fadded away and the dark part being sealed in Lumen Histoire and bearing the same haxor immortality that Zeref possesses.

If Lumen Histoire is lost, Mavis could end up fusing back to her former living self and that could be a terrible thing if her dark side takes over.

One Zeref is bad, two bad people with that kind of power would spell DOOM. That said if Zeref doesn't sacrifice Lucy to spawn some planetary destructive Eldritch Abomination.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wendy enhancing herself with her magic reminds me of Cantus Bellax in Negima, I always liked that magic.

The battle was pretty intense, but it does not look good for Wendy now...
    I like the introduction of another God Slayer, wonder how many different elements they have?

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Fan service
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Lyon's arrogance in this chapter really piss me off, I hope Wendy wins just so that he would shut up.
    please click on them to help them grow.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Wendy's going to win. If they wanted to showcase how powerful Chelia or Shellia or whatever is, she would have curb stomped Wendy over the course of the chapter. The only time I can think of where a chapter ends with things looking bad for the protagonist where it actually does end badly is Erza v Jellal, and that was a special case. Just the fact that Jellal said Wendy was in danger ups her chances of pulling through.

On the other hand, if this girl really is linked to Zeref...
    Well, maybe if sh ine loses the tournament she'll do so behind the scenes crap. Team up with Obra or something. Watching her get high off of her battle while Wendy claimed she hated fighting definitely makes her seem like villain material. Or at least a Sting-class jerk. Either way, even without the reveal that she wasn't a total red herring, she doesn't seem nearly as sweet as she did last chapter.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dark angel KaRamo's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ether View Post
    I kinda agree with this. Remember that Sky DS also had the ability to heal (=life). And if we consider that the GS magic is like the "opposite" of DS magic (the color is black, could be the counter part of the DS magic?), then the opposite of "giving life" is death. So yeah, Zeref could be the Sky GS, the only difference between he and Shelia being that he has mastered the "death" part of his power.
    very good point but shelia the GS can heal herself very fast as I've seen wendy can heal other can't she heal herself as well why hasn't she done it yet come on and why did the make her magic run out so quick i want wendy to use milky way and kick Shelia's ass.
    Now back to zeref I've been thinning that zeref could be a DS (Dragon Slayer) but now i'm thinning DGS (Dragon God Slayer) why your comment and that time on tenroujima when the black dragon acnologia attack fairy tail in that time natsu was asking it about igneel zeref said it's pointless acnologia doesn't talk to humans because it hates them and that had me thinning that he new alot about acnologia not to mention he new that he was coming long before he was close to the island had me to believe that zeref have learn his magic from that dragon and then maybe try to kill him to be come a true dragon slayer and failed that's why acnologia hate all human now and then he went on to develop God slayer magic one that is even stronger than DS magic but got corrupted down that line and started to develop more and more evil magic (that is just my thought tho)

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    Lyon's arrogance in this chapter really piss me off, I hope Wendy wins just so that he would shut up.
    i feel the same way i want gray to kick is ass when they fight (if they get paired up)
    Last edited by dark angel KaRamo; June 23, 2012 at 01:17 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member chrizzl's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always read fairy tale on the side, just a way to help pass time between One Piece chapters but I have to say these last 2 arcs have been really really good. I'm really enjoying these magic games there seems to be lots of twists and turns that I cant dare to predict although I like the prediction that these GS are used on Zerefs side to compete with the DS.
    For next chapter I cant see wendy winning this fight as she's nearly out of power unless she tries eating the GS magic and her giving her yet another boost of power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    On another note, shelia and wendy have the single most hax magic in the entire manga simply because being a sky magic slayer thingy allows them all the benefits it allows to any other users. SHelia is prove that a sky magic user can replenish herself merely through consuming the air, which is always present. This is relevant because it is the equivalent to natsu having a fight against an enemy while being surrounded by an infinite source of fire. So wendy can potentially heal others, herself, never run out of a natural source of her element and use all the DS and GS techniques we have seen so far. I find it a tad funny that mashima would give the single strongest magics we have seen to two little girls without an attitude for battle lol. I guess it kinda makes sense though.
    Obviously this chapter did prove that they can run out of their natural source of element, since people experienced it a lot harder to breath. This means that too much air-eating would result in suffocation. I do agree though that the magic is very versatile and useful but the destructive power is below fire/lightning/metal.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it. If Wendy trains under someone who specializes in wind magic, say like Eligor. She could potentially learn how to use her attacks to cut rather than use the brute force of the wind/air. By forming the air to cut instead of using it with just the brute force of it, she can have a very large versatility of attacks. This would make her potentially stronger than Natsu or Gajeel. So her magic's destructive potential is very large and could very well beat Natsu and Gajeel if she was serious.
    Last edited by Newkerzy; June 23, 2012 at 05:45 AM.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There has to be more about Chelia than simply being a god slayer. The way she just healed back to perfect health.. she is more likely the counterpart of zeref in some way. Unlike Zancrow who got his Magic taught by Purehito i think she actually is some kind of child... coming from the heavens, the original Wind God Slayer. With her magic being similar, could it be that Zeref isn't a Dragon Slayer of Death like some people already think but a God Slayer of Death. Zeref doesn't look much older than Chelia. So i'll give a bold prediction here:

Chelia is Zeref's sister, her motive being love not death.

That or she is the living essence of all good that has been left in Zeref (and he spit it out)

Spoiler show

Wendy's magic was until now always shown as a pure positive magic with the power of healing and supporting others in any way. If you assume Zeref is capable of every Lost Magic somehow, Wind Slaying Magic (God or Dragon or whatever) might be the one less suited for his Karma.

Anyway, Wendy won't win this. And she won't pull a Natsu off, because that would just be boring and not creative at all. I'm sorry for Wendy if she loses but this Chelia is just another League and with her Ability of self-healing likely one of the strongest Mage's around. Basically her powers are stating that she can only be defeated if you work her out until she is out of magic power (At least she got a lot more than Wendy, thinking about the whole manga the person with the greatest reservoire of magic power seems to be Ultear, who in one day a) defeated zeref, natsu and grey (well don't think she would have lost if not Ul-plotted) and b) Restored the Tenrou tree back to life) or killing her.
    Well don't know, i guess you need Fairy Glitter or something of that level to destroy her.

PS: I don't think Orga is a God Slayer, more likely he even got Lightning Lacrima or something. Imho his destructive power as shown in this power test is too far behind to be God Slaying magic. Just look at what Laxus can do with "only" Dragon Slaying Magic.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wooticus View Post
    PS: I don't think Orga is a God Slayer, more likely he even got Lightning Lacrima or something. Imho his destructive power as shown in this power test is too far behind to be God Slaying magic. Just look at what Laxus can do with "only" Dragon Slaying Magic.
    If there was any doubt that he's also a God Slayer, I think the fact that Orga was shown commenting, removes it. His destructive power is still pretty big, plus, I have a feeling he didn't reveal his strongest attack on something as feeble as magic power testing device.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member JunKisaragi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...this chapter has taken me at the edge of my seat. I'm all for the underdog, and I guess next chapter's title "Tiny Hands" says a bit something about Wendy and Chelia's fight. A draw perhaps? Something that Lucy pulled off with her fight against Sherry Blendy at Galuna Island. A "cute" end to a "very cute" match-up (I did not just say that). Although there's nothing cute about getting one's butt kicked.

I guess finding other God Slayers is inevitable, especially when they represent a certain element (there's a handful of known elements - although not really related to Slayers but in general - in the FT universe after all). Having said that, I do agree that Orga might just be the Lightning God Slayer. Also, his reaction to Chelia's God Slaying magic is sort of a giveaway.

As to Chelia's relation to Zeref, this is a bit tricky. I think I somehow agree that Zeref might just be the God Slayer of Death, as the only relation I could think of is that Chelia's Sky God magic (one that heals, hence to some extent, gives life) is the polar opposite of Zeref's magic (one that takes life away). The mere fact that Acnologia views humans as insignificant means there is no Dragon Slayer of Death (Acnologia wouldn't teach a human anything if he viewed them as such). Also, It would be weird if there were one (and if that would be Zeref) 'cause that would mean there is a God Slayer of Death; someone that's possibly stronger (and scarier) than Zeref.

Anyhow, 'Good' chapter for me. I like seeing Wendy do something other than support. I'd rank next chapter as 'Epic' if she'd win, even if she does it by pulling off a Lucy-Sherry deja vu.

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast