Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 18.42%
  • Good!

20 52.63%
  • Regular

8 21.05%
  • Boring...

1 2.63%
  • Bad!

2 5.26%
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKisame View Post
    So we had 7 dragon slayers and 2 god slayers, yet it was really lame to introduce another god slayer? Would you rather have 2 god slayers for the rest of the manga? I'll answer that for you; probably not. There is a good reason Mashima introduced god slayers, we just don't know yet. So it isn't fair to jump to conclusions.
    I think the main concern is about overusing a magic class, which is considered lost and a rarity. Godslayer were only introduced in the previous arc, yet just a arc later we have already two new of them.

While I at this point do not share there viewpoint, I totally understand them. No matter what u like, if u happen to face it too often, it will lose its flavour. I believe ppl have a similar feeling right now with the Godslayers. If Mashima had Zancrow, Sheila and Orga introduced in a bigger gap, things would have been different, I think.

As to Dragonslayer magic, in my eyes it already lost its uniqueness. The 2nd and 3rd generation crap ruined it for me. Mashima should have stayed with only Dragon teaching humans. But Im still fine with Godslayer magic. I just wish Mashima to explain it. Since its about darkness, I think the origin lies within Zeref, but who knows...

Anyway, I like this fight. I get the feeling this is the first fight in which Mashima is serious about. I never rly cared for Wendy, did neither like or hate her. Yet surprisingly her battle seems to be the most interesting one. From new DS sky attacks to GS foe, this fight is enjoyable.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lionheart555's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

fascinating chapter. Chelia looks like she's possessed in that last frame of her from the angle right where Jellal comments about Wendy's situation. I don't think Wendy will lose this one. But it might take Jellal's intervention (and subsequent removal from the games) to help Wendy find a way to win.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah again another chapter that i fairly disliked . Here comes another good mage that will lose when all the lame ones won

I have to say i really hate that Chelia girl . The way she acts is pissing me off . She thinks to highly of herself IMO , acting like that with Wendy

She's a God slayer so what . We already saw that Natsu defeated a God slayer (Zancrow) , they're no big deal *shrugs* so i think Wendy'll be able to wipe that goody two-shoes smile of her face . I have this feeling she's not so innocent as she appears to be .

Even Jellal came to see the fight so it seems that Chelia is related to Zeref . I wonder how will Wendy fight next chapter . That Secret Dragon Technique must have been her trump card and it didn't do much damage

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont see why people hate that another god slayer was introduced this is a tournament where the strongest mages come to participate of course they will be powerful and special. plus they seem to have a connection to zeref or at least shelia and since the start of this arc we knew zeref will play a role. also zeref probably trained the new god slayer either to use them as an army or to kill him since he thinks natsu is gone. i really do think he will be a true god he has been alive for 400 year or maybe even more.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    Obviously this chapter did prove that they can run out of their natural source of element, since people experienced it a lot harder to breath. This means that too much air-eating would result in suffocation. I do agree though that the magic is very versatile and useful but the destructive power is below fire/lightning/metal.
    I would argue that if the destructive power of the magic is below other elements it is simply because of the limitations wendy and shelia have. I mean, the two of them have the power to unleash tornadoes on every attack and we know those are destructive.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would argue that if the destructive power of the magic is below other elements it is simply because of the limitations wendy and shelia have. I mean, the two of them have the power to unleash tornadoes on every attack and we know those are destructive.
    And if you add that to my previous post, then Sky Slaying Magic is perhaps the strongest and most hax magic in the entire series.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats the entire point I was originally trying to make lol.

Another thing to my previous post, the people in the stadium did feel the girls absorbing the air but it is not like they can actually run out of it. Its only a matter of time until air flows back in, if anything it should happen just about instantly. The only limitation they could have would be fighting in a closed space.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

i really want to see how a godslayer matches up to another godslayer or to a dragonslayer of another element. if we keep getting perfect set ups of the same elements it will be annoying.... so i hope orga fights chelia before his seemed to be destined beating from laxus. or she goes up against gajeel or natsu and has 'fun' fighting someone else who enjoys a good fight haha

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All this talk of Godslayers is fun to read but I'm gonna wait for more to be revealed about them just like Dragonslayer magic.

As for the chapter, I have to say that Wendy came far with her training. Mashima is probably saving the other technique from Grandine for later on in the arc.

Looking forward to how the fight ends and what exactly the Zeref energy signature was doing in the games and where its coming from.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dark angel KaRamo's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

that Shelia girl is acting to high and mighty i want wendy to just use her new attack milky way and just blow her a way but i thing jellal might jump in or wendy might just fall because of her lack of magic that she has left this fight should of be a little more epic, wendy should heal her self get a little anger and say this is for my guild and start fight like natsu even a little and maybe eat shelia wind and combine with her own to increase it's destructive capability

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member thousandIN1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO wendy will lose, i think the crowd won't even notice/care but be a little impressed(maybe) because wendy is so young and for a mage that young to put on a good fight is impressive in itsellf.As far as after the 3rd day; wendy will be in the sick bay again.
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x-men-legends-3/signatures.html

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Predicting Wendy losing right now after seeing Chelia stand up is way too predictable so I don't think so although I've never really thought about Wendy that much.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member thousandIN1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think a tie is too predicatable and the other way i see this ending is jellel interupts and gets FTB team disqualified and the match ends in no points.
    that way there will be 6 even teams
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x-men-legends-3/signatures.html

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    I think the main concern is about overusing a magic class, which is considered lost and a rarity. Godslayer were only introduced in the previous arc, yet just a arc later we have already two new of them.

While I at this point do not share there viewpoint, I totally understand them. No matter what u like, if u happen to face it too often, it will lose its flavour. I believe ppl have a similar feeling right now with the Godslayers. If Mashima had Zancrow, Sheila and Orga introduced in a bigger gap, things would have been different, I think.

As to Dragonslayer magic, in my eyes it already lost its uniqueness. The 2nd and 3rd generation crap ruined it for me. Mashima should have stayed with only Dragon teaching humans. But Im still fine with Godslayer magic. I just wish Mashima to explain it. Since its about darkness, I think the origin lies within Zeref, but who knows...

Anyway, I like this fight. I get the feeling this is the first fight in which Mashima is serious about. I never rly cared for Wendy, did neither like or hate her. Yet surprisingly her battle seems to be the most interesting one. From new DS sky attacks to GS foe, this fight is enjoyable.
    Sorry man, I don't get this logic. And I don't respect the opinion that it was too soon. I've tried following the hate on introducing another god slayer but I just don't understand what the deal is. It's not making sense to me. It doesn't matter how unique an element is, because that's irrelevant. It was never said that a dragon slayer had a completely unique element that no one would ever be capable of manipulating. Look at Gray, he manipulates ice at an advanced level and it's a no-brainer that there is going to be an ice GS/DS. He is proof that you don't need to be raised by a dragon or taught by a god to be powerful at an elemental magic.

Mashima introduced the first god slayer with Zancrow. And I hope this next part is obvious... If there is a fire god slayer, there has to be a lightning god slayer, an iron god slayer, an ice god slayer, and so on. This theory only makes sense. The fact that it was too soon to introduce a god slayer is ridiculous. It is seven years down the pipeline, Mashima will have to introduce these characters sooner or later.

And yes, Orga is a god slayer. Here, look at this neat chart.

Zancrow used black fire ---- > God Slayer
    Chelia used black wind ---- > God Slayer
    Orga used black lightning ---- > ????

I seriously hope you guys see the pattern and don't need Mashima to spell it out for you. It's literally right there. You see that? Put 2 and 2 together.

I don't think I've ever been so irritated with FT fans in a single week...
    Last edited by SlayerKisame; June 24, 2012 at 01:27 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't like the way Chelia acted during the chapter (and Lyon's boasting didn't help) but I think people are objecting to having so many god slayers pop up in a row. Zancrow made it out to be unique and in the next arc there are already two more. It may be seven years for the cast, but it's only one arc for the readers, and they're the people who are judging the series. Natsu got to be the only dragon slayer for several arcs before it became the most common magic ability in the series. That, and it's a copy of dragon slayer magic designed less to slay gods and more to beat up the dragon slayers, which makes it's sudden large presence an eye roll.
    Last edited by SerpentTailedAngel; June 24, 2012 at 03:18 AM.

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast