Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 18.42%
  • Good!

20 52.63%
  • Regular

8 21.05%
  • Boring...

1 2.63%
  • Bad!

2 5.26%
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

I was a little surprised with Zancrow appearing back then. I thought back then his magic god slayer was one lame idea of countering Natsu's fire. I guess since he was fire god slayer (maybe it was the way the fight went that made it lame), we should have expected other element other god slayer magic appearing. As for dragon slayers; during the phantom lord arc, it makes you a little down. BUT if you look at the whole picture, god slayers and dragon slayers have important roles for the manga. I think it's tightly link to Zeref. I don't remember who mentioned it, (sorry about that) but he/she said he thought god slayers were created, or it was a magic born to counter dragon slaying magic. I stick to that belief. I'm counting on something about those two types of magic be heavily link to the future dragon feast that Grandeen mentioned chapters and chapters ago.

While second generation dragon slayers seem to have similar attributes to the first generations. I feel as though the first generation dragon slayers are different and has a different potential compared to the second and third. Rogue and Sting's are somewhat questionable to me since it has so many questions like when they killed, or if there was even a killing. What caused it, the history, does it follow the -7- number rule? Unless those are cleared, they're not in the clear to me. I don't think they'll be joining fairy tail in the near future. I think of them as people who may be part of a force along with his other team members that may rebuild Sabertooth if some big disastrous incident may occur that destroys them. It could be Fairy tail but I don't think it would be a guild war. (that be too predictable or an idea too overused) There has too be a bigger picture.

Godslayers magic has too many questions. Unless the plots develop, all theories to be made is hard since there is too much lack in information. Hopefully, this arc may show some light about it. Is god slaying magic really dark. Is it taught by humans? and so forth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKisame View Post
    Sorry man, I don't get this logic. And I don't respect the opinion that it was too soon. I've tried following the hate on introducing another god slayer but I just don't understand what the deal is. It's not making sense to me. [...]
    You rly don't get the logic, as u missed the point entirely! DS magic and GS magic are titled as "lost magic" and are considered a rarity. As such if Mashima keeps introducing them in each arc, the uniqueness will lost its meaning. That's the issue at hand.

Last but not least, please reread my post once again, as I never questioned Orgas GS magic nor complained about their element. Im not sure whose post you were responding to, as it was clearly not mine.

Anyway, I repeat I have no issue with GS magic, just wanted to explain the concern. btw Im not sure whether DS magic is considered as lost magic or not .. xD
    Last edited by BlackHair; June 24, 2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Chuck Norris once broke the land speed record on a bicycle that was missing its chain and the back tire.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKisame View Post
    Sorry man, I don't get this logic.
    That logic is pretty simple: It's said to be lost magic, and that lost magic is rare due to being lost. Now if that "lost (=rare) magic" appears as often as standard magic, readers may jump to wrong conclusion and don't see the point in calling it neither rare nor lost.

But that's actually too plain as bashing as it's totally focussing on the four-digit words "lost" and "rare": As in One Piece with the Haki and the even "rarer" Haoushoku, or Naruto's Sharingan and Rin'negan, Bleach's Bankai, Toriko's Food Honor, Dragon Ball's Super Saiyan powers - there's actually nothing saying that due to it being a rare power that it's totally uncommon that the top characters use lost magic once the plot comes to a certain power levels of characters.

Knowing lost magic is simply the advantage that makes those mages the best of the Fairy Tail manga.
    Last edited by hoeru; June 24, 2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Why do we assume lost magic can't be taught by regular means?
    I'm not interested in this chapter what so ever. However I wanted to comment on this. Every1 is saying that Lost magic can't be trained by regular person ?

Allow me to support your theory kkck

Do you guys actually read Fairy Tail ? Correct me if I'm wrong, It was HADES who trained the entire Grimore Heart members ?

I will not post the link, but if you go back to the S-class Arc you will see HADES clearly saying that he was the one who trained them, and he introduced Arc of Time to Ultear...
    Dreyar Style

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Why do we assume lost magic can't be taught by regular means? If I recall lost magic is one that had severe consequences and thus was lost in history. That does not imply it can't be taught like any other magic nor does it rule out some special process. For all we know there even are a few non lost magics that can't be taught regularly.
    Because rare =/= regular.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

While "rare" could also simply mean that the magic costs the user's life if it's used too much (Azuma, Zaldy for example) - therefore mages at some point decided to no longer use and teach it, it sure has been shown that Ultear had too much magical energy, and that Dragonslayers are taught by Dragons and/or get their powers from lacrima.

Anyways, I hope Wendy will be fine after all and is able to turn the tables as Natsu was against Zancrow ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

So am i the only one who liked the way the Godslayers are introduced in different arcs and groups etc? I like it when a guild/group has different kind of magic users instead of an arc about a group full of godslayers.. i think that would be too cliche (bleach)

Now i have seen a bad godslayer (zancrow) and Chelia is probably the good godslayer. It gives me the same feeling about dragonslayers: Sting and Rogue can stay in their guild if they want.
    Last edited by Raicrune; June 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Edelheld's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you people think that Ultear is that retard to not recognize same God Slayer magic pattern as of the one of her previous teammates(Zancrow)? Is she that retard to not see similarity in Zancrows magic pattern and Zeref's one when she met him in the first place? I for once hope that she's not only smokin' hot but also have some gray matter in her pretty head to see the connection between Zeref and God Slayers if there was any.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There may be some secret to Chelia's magic that makes it more like Zeref's than Zancrow's was. It can't just be god slayer magic because there's a 99.99999999999999999999999999% chance that Orga's a god slayer too, and no one ever flipped out when he used his magic.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

About some lost magics appearing "often"... We should take in consideration that there are hundreds or maybe thousands of legal and not legal Guilds in Fiore, so we have thousands of mages out there in those Guilds, also hundreds in Magic Council and also plenty of mages who remain solos or in small groups, thus actually having something like 7 DS and 3 GS among them isn't that many if you think about it. It's more like the plot revolves around Dragon Slayers and maybe God Slayers are also connected to DS or Zeref or are important to the plot for asnother reason, so having like 10 of each kind won't be that strange.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i liked the chapter, wendy is better power wise now, dunno chelia is pissing me off i would hate if she is connected to zeref cuz she is annoying enough aready. I believe wendy will win because she was watching the fight between natsu and zancrow and she knows how he dealt with him

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it said wendy was running low on magic this is perfecte for her to eat shelies GS magic natsu had to suppress his magic to eat it now with wendy running low and probably running empty soon she maybe able to eat it.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@BlackHair & Hoeru:

The Lost Magic, to me, is about being taught by a dragon, not their element/specialty. There are probably tons of dragonslayers, tons. We know that a dragonslayer can be specialized in something as complex as "iron". To me, the pacing in which they are introduced is irrelevant. These slayers already exist (and even more exist after the TS; Rogue/Sting) , they aren't just created out of nowhere (don't take this literally). With that said, it is only natural that we keep seeing them pop up.

I think of godslayers exactly the same as dragonslayers. They are just like dragonslayers except that they had a different teacher.

And sorry BlackHair, the Orga comment wasn't directed at you.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    You rly don't get the logic, as u missed the point entirely! DS magic and GS magic are titled as "lost magic" and are considered a rarity. As such if Mashima keeps introducing them in each arc, the uniqueness will lost its meaning. That's the issue at hand.
    Unfortunately this happens in almost every manga in one form or another. But it happens because its the quickest and most efficient way for the author to build up immediate hype and interest in a new character. Simply saying something like "Orga uses lighting magic" or "Chelia uses sky/wind magic" would more often then not result in a response of "Ok...but so what? Laxu's uses GS Lighting Magic and Wendy uses GS Sky Magic. Whats so special about these two new characters then?" There has to be something very unique or very similar that new characters share in common with "established" characters that gives the readers the perception that the new characters are somehow close to being on the same level as the far more established characters. Otherwise every new character would exclusively require on screen time in order to be developed before our eyes so that we as readers would then know what separates them from the rest. This can be done from time to time, but it can't be done with every new character that plays a role in a particular arc or the entire manga itself.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Unfortunately this happens in almost every manga in one form or another. But it happens because its the quickest and most efficient way for the author to build up immediate hype and interest in a new character. Simply saying something like "Orga uses lighting magic" or "Chelia uses sky/wind magic" would more often then not result in a response of "Ok...but so what? Laxu's uses GS Lighting Magic and Wendy uses GS Sky Magic. Whats so special about these two new characters then?" There has to be something very unique or very similar that new characters share in common with "established" characters that gives the readers the perception that the new characters are somehow close to being on the same level as the far more established characters. Otherwise every new character would exclusively require on screen time in order to be developed before our eyes so that we as readers would then know what separates them from the rest. This can be done from time to time, but it can't be done with every new character that plays a role in a particular arc or the entire manga itself.
    the problem is not that they are godslayers, but it gets kinda boring if this hyped character all mighty flexing muscles and all, goes all high and mighty and in the end get curbstomped again...
    What is so Godslayerish about that then?
    In essence it means wendy has to lose to validify her as being really strong. If Godslaying in essence is above dragonslaying then winning against a Godslayer should not be the rule but the exception.

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast