Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

7 18.42%
  • Good!

20 52.63%
  • Regular

8 21.05%
  • Boring...

1 2.63%
  • Bad!

2 5.26%
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dark angel KaRamo's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood you but Dragon Slayer is as lost magic as God Slayer.

no it's just that they don't look all when a DS is there but when a GS is there it's like look it's lost magic GS magic is just DS magic with just a black color and a little more destructive power i mean you have to stand in the present of a dragon to learn DS magic (not talking about the 2nd generation) and you learn GS magic from a human (YAWN)
    Last edited by ghostexiled; June 27, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel KaRamo View Post
    no it's just that they don't look all when a DS is there but when a GS is there it's like look it's lost magic GS magic is just DS magic with just a black color and a little more destructive power i mean you have to stand in the present of a dragon to learn DS magic (not talking about the 2nd generation) and you learn GS magic from a human (YAWN)
    I think DS magic is more powerful than GS magic, Also the first generation DS such as Natsy, Gazille, and Wendy, They are more powerful than Laxus, Cobra dragon slayer magic.

We all saw how Natsu was able to defeat Laxus, when Laxus used Dragon Force, First generation has the advantage of using "Secret Art Dragon Slayer" magic, which you don't see with wannabe dragon slayers n God Slayers.

On topic of next Chapter, I think Wendy second skill milki way or whatever "weird name can't remember it". Is equivalent to the skill the Lamia scale girl did to recover herself.

Which mean Wendy got 2 skills, One for attack, and the ultimate healing magic, where she can make any1 in a bad shape recover.

Any think that the idea of Dragon Slayer eating wind is kinda OP ?

We see how Natsu , and Gazille become scary when they eat metal or fire, but its not always there, I think Wendy on the long run should be stronger than Gazille and Natsu
    Last edited by Ifrit; June 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    I think DS magic is more powerful than GS magic, Also the first generation DS such as Natsy, Gazille, and Wendy, They are more powerful than Laxus, Cobra dragon slayer magic.

We all saw how Natsu was able to defeat Laxus, when Laxus used Dragon Force, First generation has the advantage of using "Secret Art Dragon Slayer" magic, which you don't see with wannabe dragon slayers n God Slayers.
    I think it all depends on the user, I mean with a bit of brains the strongest opponent can be defeated as natsu showed when he defeated Zancrow, it was risky but it worked so

The secret arts i guess are what advantage the first generation have of being taught by dragons. If Wendy could use milkyway i bet Chelia would be toast. I'm curious what will happen in the night to day 3 though. i'd think the grand magic tournament will end before any trouble starts

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well...

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Well, maybe I'm wrong.
    But I was under the impression that God Slayer were clearly said to be stronger than Dragon Slayer.

Wasn't Zancrow laughing at Natsu for only being trained by a Dragon whereas he was trained by a "God".

I understand that they clearly weren't trained by Gods for real, though...
    Zancrow never said he learned his magic from a god, not even once. At best he made a reference of hades being a god. He did make fun of natsu for trying to defeat him with a mere dragon's flame when zancrow had a god flame.

Zancrow is one case however we really have no way of knowing who exactly trained shelia or orga. As far as we know hades just took it upon himself to learn a bunch of lost magic and teach it to his pupils. The issue might be different with orga or shelia, perhaps they were trained by a god or perhaps they just got hold of the knowledge of how to use GS magic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I
    Agreed.
    If Wendy would be a fighter type like natsu or Erza, she would be the strongest in FT.
    Forget the FT part, she would be the strongest in the world.

but as she is a support type, she is weak :/

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

On topic of next Chapter, I think Wendy second skill milki way or whatever "weird name can't remember it". Is equivalent to the skill the Lamia scale girl did to recover herself.

Which mean Wendy got 2 skills, One for attack, and the ultimate healing magic, where she can make any1 in a bad shape recover.

We see how Natsu , and Gazille become scary when they eat metal or fire, but its not always there, I think Wendy on the long run should be stronger than Gazille and Natsu
    I don't think it has ever been shown that laxus or cobra were in any way inferior to the others as far as DS magic went. If anything the two of them were shown to be beasts. Laxus lost due to the whole friendship thing and not actually wanting to hurt anyone and cobra was never bested at DS magic, he handed natsu his ass in that particular department. Cobra lost because natsu took advantage of his other magic. There is also the consideration that laxus and cobra seem more dragonlike when using their DS magic. Natsu never looks that dragonlike when fighting normally. If anything, even when using dragonforce he does not look that dragonlike. At least based on appearances and the level we have seen from laxus and cobra I would even go as far as arguing that so far it seems like fake DS are actually stronger than normal DS considering that when it comes to mimicking dragons the fake DS come a bit closer. There is no evidence to suggest fake DS cannot use secret DS arts for that matter. And on that particular matter, god slayers would not even use that but rather they would use secret god slayer arts and we have no actual evidence to suggest they do not have it.

I do think wendy will eventually learn how to heal herself in the middle of the battle. It should be a natural consequence of eating the air and coupled with healing it should work reasonably fast. It does seem like healing herself so far has been impossible though, charle mentioned wendy could not do it at some point. I wonder if the manga will elaborate on the reason for that. And the idea is OP, that is why oda gave it to two little girls without the time to fully develop the magic. Wendy would technically have 3 skills, attack, healing and support.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

On that note, I wonder what sting and cobra look like when they fight. As the manga has shown, dragon lachrima actually makes the user more dragonlike and provides with actual scales. DS does the same thing but to a lesser extent. Now, if we have a a DS with real DS magic and dragon lachrima implanted we would be talking about his natural magic making him dragonlike and his dragon lachrima furthering the transformation. In this regard, what if when sting and rogue fight with their full power they look completely reptilian? So far it has been just the arms which are covered with scales but this double dragon slayer magic source could and perhaps should take the transformation that much further. Could they even get a tail?

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck
    I have two other theorys:
    1. it's because cobra works with a snake, and it's his style he combined dragon lacryma with his own snake style
    2. he mastered dragon force and natsu not, look at gajeel: http://www.mangareader.net/135-7176-...hapter-61.html
    he looks similar to cobra and while you look at laxus, he looks more like natsu who didn't mastered/used it fully yet

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    @kkck
    I have two other theorys:
    1. it's because cobra works with a snake, and it's his style he combined dragon lacryma with his own snake style
    2. he mastered dragon force and natsu not, look at gajeel: http://www.mangareader.net/135-7176-...hapter-61.html
    he looks similar to cobra and while you look at laxus, he looks more like natsu who didn't mastered/used it fully yet
    Snake? There is no real evidence that cobra has anything like snake magic. More so, it was only when he displayed his true DS abilities that he transformed. And it wouldn't explain why laxus had pretty much the same going on for him.

I thought about the gajeel situation but my impression was that gajeel had an inherently different thing going on. The scales were not an actual part of his body, rather he used his powers to create scales around him. This would be intrinsically different from real living scales appearing as a result of being more like a dragon. I would argue galeel using his iron dragon scales technique is similar to natsu covering himself in fire to attack, the difference would be that natsu's element is not solid and thus would not allow him to make solid scales.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that if Orga is really a Goodslayer, I believe that there is a lacryma in his body just liike for Luxus.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea of god slayer lachrima is actually interesting. If we consider what cobra said about DS lachrima (there are no more dragons so we use lachrima or something) then perhaps lachrima would suggest gods are currently extinct. Of course, that would entail that all god slayers (with the exception of zancrow considering hades did succeed in getting knowledge of several lost magics) are lachrima users in turn. However, if this is the case then perhaps it would be reasonable to expect GS lachrima to cause a more noticeable god transformation as is the case with DS lachrima. Or else we could infer that gods are actually humanoid in appearance thus not causing said transformation.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Wendy will EAT god wind! And release Dragon God Brilliant Wind! ^o^

I thought this is the time to prove Wendy's fighting's spirit. Even though she has disadvantage, she should do everything to gain the victory. She must prove her TENACITY inside her for Fairy Tail's victory! (just like Tenacity towards martial arts in HSDK)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xguard View Post
    Wendy will EAT god wind! And release Dragon God Brilliant Wind! ^o^

I thought this is the time to prove Wendy's fighting's spirit. Even though she has disadvantage, she should do everything to gain the victory. She must prove her TENACITY inside her for Fairy Tail's victory! (just like Tenacity towards martial arts in HSDK)
    Well she could use that to power up and be able to use Milkyway, dont want it to be exactly like Natsu's fight though :/

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope wendy pulls it off, but things dont look good for her, it would take some major ass-pull FT hax for her to win

i have a feeling she will be near death and mystogan will have to step in

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lost magic or not, there is no inherent reason why Dragonslayers would be better than anyone. Max with his Gaara thing would've beat Natsu if not for Natsu having learned the lightning attack and now having a power-up from Ultear (someone taught Lost Magic by Hades)

If Natsu weren't the protagonist pulling out luck, Zancrow would have killed him.

Edit: Watching the anime again and seeing Zeref meet Natsu. Natsu asks Zeref "Who are you?" and Zeref has tears in his eyes. It looked like an "I am your father" moment.

Natsu and Gajeel did have trouble getting through Fried's age barrier. Children sent into the future for safety... or perhaps given into the care of dragons who lived in another world kinda like where the spirits dwell and time moves slower.
    Last edited by Zsych; June 29, 2012 at 04:48 AM.

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8