Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kunieda Aoi

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Kunieda Aoi

Aoi Kunieda (17)

Quote Quote:
    • Height: 5 feet 4,96 inches (165cm)
    • Born on 15th of May
    • She Like: Wooden Swords, Historical novel
    • She doesn´t like: Cowards

• She got some great self-sacrifice and a really good distinctive sense of ownership.
    • Aoi was shoved by her grandfather, to the Dojo and learn Sword fighting from small. Aoi
    to be on par with any manly Fighter. She is apathetic to any man, there are weaker
    than her.
    About that fact Aoi got some mangle in the Lesson of Love and that is the weak Point
    at once.
    She's the former leader of the all-girl gang, The Red Tails. She has matched Hilda in terms of strength on more than one occasion, and is currently the only other member of the deliquent cast to have a contract with a demon. An awesomely perverted demon. She also has the strongest sense of justice out of the whole cast, though I have no clue how long this will stick around if she plans on hanging out with Oga.

Aoi is one of my favorite characters besides Oga, Furuichi, and Hilda, lets discuss her here!
    Last edited by Teeba; May 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kunieda Aoi

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    She's the former leader of the all-girl gang, The Red Tails. She has matched Hilda in terms of strength on more than one occasion, and is currently the only other member of the deliquent cast to have a contract with a demon. An awesomely perverted demon. She also has the strongest sense of justice out of the whole cast, though I have no clue how long this will stick around if she plans on hanging out with Oga.

Aoi is one of my favorite characters besides Oga, Furuichi, and Hilda, lets discuss her here!
    She is awesome! QUEEEEEEEEEEEN on a serious note, i srsly think she is an amazing character. Even before she started her demon training i already liked her, but right now I has such a deep respect for her Also the LOL moments from her are simply hilarious ~

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I really really love Aoi. Her willingness to form a contract with a demon despite knowing the pitfalls is really admirable.

I also love her crush on Oga, mainly because it's just so damn believable.

I have a feeling the arc after this one will involve Aoi's parents. Her grandpa seems to be aloof about the whole thing...but I think they were heavily involved with demons too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling the arc after this one will involve Aoi's parents. Her grandpa seems to be aloof about the whole thing...but I think they were heavily involved with demons too.
    I think one of them (probably her father) might even be a demon himself. Kunieda being half demon would explain a few things, and would lead to interesting developments. But that probably won't happen anyway.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
    I think one of them (probably her father) might even be a demon himself. Kunieda being half demon would explain a few things, and would lead to interesting developments. But that probably won't happen anyway.
    I doubt that he rparent is a demon, since I think Aoi would atleast have a bit of demonic power. I am pretty sure she would be aware of it atleast slightly. But i agree that the next arc will be about her parents. Atleast i hope

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Kunieda! Not only is she cute, but she's also a badass chick that'll kick ass. As mentioned, her crush on Oga is cute and believable. I love how shy she gets around Oga, and how mature and businesslike she can be when she has to be.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner natsu78's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

She is definitely one of my favorite characters of all time.I also love her character.She has the looks,she is cute,smart and not someone who you would mess around with.I like the way how she easily misunderstands what Oga really means to say to her,causing her blush every time.
    Last edited by natsu78; December 27, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I was reading on other forums that some people don't "get" Aoi's character, and I was shocked. She is so easy to relate to!

What I want to know is what happened after En burnt the school down. Picking up from where the shipping thread left off, I really want Agiel to have followed Aoi home. She is clearly enamored with her, and she probably wants a place to train so they can fight again.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

She is one of the best in the Beelzebub series and of course she is my favourite among girls in Beelzebub. She is really pretty. Also she is very active and hot-tempered and at the same time she is rather shy.
    Hope she will eventually become Oga's girl.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So what do you guys think is in store for Aoi in this arc? I thought her cover page for this chapter was pretty interesting. It describes her feelings about love quite accurately.

I don't think Aoi is going to geniunely start liking Aiba, in fact, I wouldn't mind him provoking her into a fight next chapter! As much as it would be cool to see Aoi have a holiday romance, I just think Aiba is way too predatorial for it to be O.K.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Aoi will be the main focus in this arc of course, we can see that since the beginning of this study trip arc. I doubt that after this arc Aiba will become useful in the main storyline. Aiba is only used for Tamura-sensei usual shippers trolling to change focus between his two main heroines.

Between the two heroines, Do you think that Aoi character development is more apparent compared to Hilda?

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I totally agree. There's nothing more trollsome than a love triangle written by a comedian.

Aiba is such a classic shadow figure....he's the perfect "fake" love interest. While he's surprised me by being a lot more laid back in this chapter, I still think he's going to be a douchebag, and at the end of it, Aoi will sock him one.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Between the two heroines, Do you think that Aoi's character development is more apparent compared to Hilda?
    Actually, I think character development between the two heroines have been pretty even so far. But, if this was before the Amnesia Arc, I would agree with you.

I think its because Aoi's personality and Hilda's personality are so different that they even each other out. Hilda is an intense person, so either she lays low (Toujou Arc) or she takes up the whole plotline(Amnesia Arc). But Aoi can adapt a lot better at the situation...which allows her to have a part in any storyline. In general, she's really proactive, even though she's a supporting character. Like for example, even though the rest of the Ishiyama gang think Beel and Hilda are different to them, Aoi flat out asked Oga who they really were. She's very opportunistic, too, since she took the plunge and made a contract with Koma. In this chapter, Aoi had to courage to ask Oga out, despite it being the worst timing ever. She's good at making the best of the situation, which is rare for me to see a girl in a shonen manga to have.

At the same time....Hilda's character development has been equally great. Yes, she is just as Beel-centric as she was before, but being around Oga and Furuichi has made her shift loyalties, which is huge. Instead of being focused on Beel as a duty, she's grown to love Beel as her own child, which is totally different. Hilda's never really had a life outside of servitude, so it makes sense that it would take her the longest to open up. If this field trip had happened any earlier in the storyline, there's no way the Red Tails would have convinced her to hang out with them. So yeah, I'd say both girls have had great character development that have constantly matched each other.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think character development between the two heroines have been pretty even so far. But, if this was before the Amnesia Arc, I would agree with you.

I think its because Aoi's personality and Hilda's personality are so different that they even each other out. Hilda is an intense person, so either she lays low (Toujou Arc) or she takes up the whole plotline(Amnesia Arc). But Aoi can adapt a lot better at the situation...which allows her to have a part in any storyline. In general, she's really proactive, even though she's a supporting character. Like for example, even though the rest of the Ishiyama gang think Beel and Hilda are different to them, Aoi flat out asked Oga who they really were. She's very opportunistic, too, since she took the plunge and made a contract with Koma. In this chapter, Aoi had to courage to ask Oga out, despite it being the worst timing ever. She's good at making the best of the situation, which is rare for me to see a girl in a shonen manga to have.
    My bad, I think the word "apparent" in my question before was not the word that actually I wanted to use. How should I say it? Aoi's progress as a character makes more sense to me (I'm a Hilda fans too, I swear!). I mean, in this current arc, we could say that she finally realize that she should try different approach towards Oga, proactively, rather than just "waiting" as previously had been done by her in the previous chapters. This change in her character is not caused by such sudden plot twist (Hilda's amnesia arc) and feels more natural. While Hilda is resembling every man/girl dream heroine, Aoi's character and action are precisely like normal 17 years old girl would do. If I may borrow from the words from user in another forum, Aoi as character is "boringly subdued, but realistically drawn out".
    Also, Aoi's personality changes tend to be understated and subtle, while Hilda change in personality usually "revealed" through another character sayings.

I agree with you, Aoi is also good in making the best of the situation. She could fill in every role in every arc so far.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad, I think the word "apparent" in my question before was not the word that actually I wanted to use. How should I say it? Aoi's progress as a character makes more sense to me (I'm a Hilda fans too, I swear!).
    Don't worry, no one is going to judge you. I like both girls as well, and its because they have a rivalry that its difficult to talk about one without referencing the other or Oga.

I mean, in this current arc, we could say that she finally realize that she should try different approach towards Oga, proactively, rather than just "waiting" as previously had been done by her in the previous chapters. This change in her character is not caused by such sudden plot twist (Hilda's amnesia arc) and feels more natural. While Hilda is resembling every man/girl dream heroine, Aoi's character and action are precisely like normal 17 years old girl would do. If I may borrow from the words from user in another forum, Aoi as character is "boringly subdued, but realistically drawn out".
    I don't think Aoi has been waiting, but I think its taken her this long to admit she wants to pursue Oga romantically. Before she was totally in denial, which is different because she'd freak out at the thought of being initimate with him. But yeah, she is totally acting her age, full of confusion and hormones, which is awesome because it adds to the comedy.

Hilda's character development is never going to be as "natural" as that, mainly because she's the heroine of the story (nor is she a human teenager). Both Oga and Hilda share a strong bond through Baby Beel, and its because of Beel they have changed so much. So if anything, her character development is going to be plot-relevant regardless on how subtle it is.

Lemonai's observation is spot on. Aoi is a great character, its just that she's at her best when she's on the slowburner. She's been hilarious and snarky this whole school trip, so I hope it continues.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Hilda's character development is never going to be as "natural" as that, mainly because she's the heroine of the story (nor is she a human teenager). Both Oga and Hilda share a strong bond through Baby Beel, and its because of Beel they have changed so much. So if anything, her character development is going to be plot-relevant regardless on how subtle it is.
    Yup, I think both of them plays a different role in Beelzebub, so the character development would be different too
    lemon_ai observation is brilliant

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast