Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ToG chapter 101 review by scav

  1. #1
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    ToG chapter 101 review by scav

    ToG chapter 101 review

    well this chapter was really interesting. I like the development so i decided to write a review.

    short summary:

    oh well this chapter start with rapdevil getting raped by the devil
    well more seriously he's getting one hell of a beating by Horyang. Unfortunately we do not see the scene but rapdevil is screaming like a little girl. After the beating we can see rapdevil covered on his own blood, begging Horyang to spare his life. Horyand turn back to normal and spare Rapdevil after giving him a warning. Prince who's usually in bragging non-stop mode is watching the scenery speechless. Horyang take the remote and plug his connector.

    so badass

    On the other side, Lurker's ally runaway leaving him behind with Wangnan and Viole in the room. Wangan start to beat the shit outta Lurker, saying he'll kill him to avenge Nia. Lurker tell him that he'll be just like him if he kill him. Lurker tell his story. He was like Wangnan and had one hell of a debt, he started to work for the president of the company cuz he couldn't pay his debt.The president used his money to make his son (Prince) climb the tower. Wangnan who was to the point to kill lurker decide to spare him so the guys who suffered because of Nia will forgive him. Wangan state he will change the tower and become the king. Viole who was watching the whole scenery didn't say a word. At the end he just insered his connector to the remote, choosing to make a team with Wangnan, Yeo Gosaeng, Yeo Misaeng, Kang Horyang, Hon Arkraptor, Prince and Yeon Yihwa

    how's that? huh huh


    Analysis:

    Horyan's power: Well i guess that was the biggest surprise f the Chapter. From the begining of the arc, rapdevil is rumored as the "devil of the right hand who defeated Hatsu". But at the end he turned to be a disappoint, seems like he made up this rumor. Horyan told him: " Don't go around saying you've seen me ever again", what i can understand here is that Horyan is the rumored Hatsu. Now what i can't understand is why he didn't use his power earlier against Viole, perhaps he's just like Viole and is hidding his real identity while climbing the tower. He said earlier his goal was to find someone.

    One more thing Horyan considered going against Viole to get his connector but he remembered the red thing that appeared and healed Viole's injuries during their fight. That thing seemed dangerous to him, i wonder what kind of power/creature Viole acquired.


    Wangnan ambition: i gotta say at the beginning of the second part, i was disappointed by the new bunch.But now i'm kinda interested in Wangnan. seems like Nia betrayal and death was the trigger. He's aiming to become king and to change the tower. At the moment he's kinda a weakling but i can see him improving
    a lot. One more thing that we all neglected is the fact that he managed to injure Viole during their first fight. We didn't have an explanation of why what he thought to be his weaklest poke-ball injured Viole. But i hope he have some kind of hidden ability he's not aware of, otherwise it'll be hard to him to become the king xD.

    Viole descision: well Viole had the choice but he decided to choose a team. I guess Viole found interest in wangan. they have similar background, Viole was alone when lahel left, has been betrayed, now he wanna destroy the zahard family. Wangnan have been betrayed and now he want to become the king of the tower and change it. Also Baam is a kind boy and he did not change ( he didn't try to kill them). Viole wanted to fail them all for X reason. We don't know the reason yet but maybe it's as Love said: it's the test to be the FUG slayer. If that's the case then that mean Viole decided to give up on the FUG, if not then i hope we will know the reason later.

    Prince: Prince expression when lurker was telling his story, reveal that he didn't know the fact that his father was destroying other's people dream to make him climb the power. Now it's interesting to see how Prince will behave. will his stop hiring bodyguard and borrowing other people's power or will he continue the spoiled brat act. I guess he will change. Also the respect he had for Horyan this chapter, he didn't even protest when Horyan called him kid (that was another story when they first met). maybe he'll try to become like him.

    The new team: well at first i thought those guys were a bunch of weakling. but if we do a power ranking, Viole and Horyan stand out. Yeon, Akraptor and prince are your average strong regular. Wangnan come next but there is more to him, he have the ambition. The 2 girls are total weakling xD
    Now the question is if that new team is better than the old team or not. I think it's hard to compare in term of power because we don't know how much the old bunch grew during the 5 years. but when it come to working together, i think that team will do better. The old team was all about treason, jealousy. And The 2 princess hated each other.

    How far those 2 will go together? a team that will shake the tower?
    Last edited by scav; June 26, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ToG chapter 101 review by scav

    Wagnan's cheap bombs injured Baam whilst the shinsoo bombs didn't was probably because Baam's resistance to shinsoo is very high, so he can take shinsoo-based attacks but not the cheap bombs which probably cause damage by another method

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ToG chapter 101 review by scav

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Wagnan's cheap bombs injured Baam whilst the shinsoo bombs didn't was probably because Baam's resistance to shinsoo is very high, so he can take shinsoo-based attacks but not the cheap bombs which probably cause damage by another method
    true. what im interested in is " that other method". That also seems to be Viole's weakness.
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  6. #4
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ToG chapter 101 review by scav

    Thanks for the review! Just a few comments fro me...

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    Viole wanted to fail them all for X reason. We don't know the reason yet but maybe it's as Love said: it's the test to be the FUG slayer. If that's the case then that mean Viole decided to give up on the FUG, if not then i hope we will know the reason later.
    I wonder... He may not specifically have abandoned FUG, remember chapter 95:

    Love: I learned something interesting about the latest Slayer. It seems that Karaka received a special assignment from FUG for the test:

    Love: 1. Assassinate a specific regular during the test

    Love: 2. Help a specific regular pass the test

    Love: 3. Or fail all the other regulars and pass the test alone.

    Now, my thought is, what if Baam received the exactly same list? Thus he might simply have decided to change the mission objective here - Wangnan might be the one he has to help passing in that case.

    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    Prince: Prince expression when lurker was telling his story, reveal that he didn't know the fact that his father was destroying other's people dream to make him climb the power. Now it's interesting to see how Prince will behave. will his stop hiring bodyguard and borrowing other people's power or will he continue the spoiled brat act. I guess he will change. Also the respect he had for Horyan this chapter, he didn't even protest when Horyan called him kid (that was another story when they first met). maybe he'll try to become like him..
    Hmm, though I'm not sure whether he was shocked over his father ruining other people's dreams for his sake... Or him simply being shocked due to the fact that it was his father's effort that had got him this far, not his own skill. Remember that Prince, as evidenced from his comment during the Shinso test ("Climbing the tower by borrowing the strenght of others? No, that's not it. They're borrowing my power to climb.") has a strong belief in his own abilties/superiority. Either way, I'm hoping to see him becoming a bit more humble after this.
    '
    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    [B]The new team: well at first i thought those guys were a bunch of weakling. but if we do a power ranking, Viole and Horyan stand out. Yeon, Akraptor and prince are your average strong regular. Wangnan come next but there is more to him, he have the ambition. The 2 girls are total weakling xD
    Now the question is if that new team is better than the old team or not. I think it's hard to compare in term of power because we don't know how much the old bunch grew during the 5 years. but when it come to working together, i think that team will do better. The old team was all about treason, jealousy. And The 2 princess hated each other.
    Well, it's an interesting team-makeup (or whatever the word is) for sure. Though I hope Wangnan will grow in ability somewhat at least... And for the last two girls to show abit of awesomeness of their own .

    Though I do indeed find the Wangnan and Baam/Voile teamup the most interesting thing here for sure and like you wonder what'll come of this team-up

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    tower of god (middle area)
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ToG chapter 101 review by scav

    Finally someones doing a review, I hope you keep it weekly
    Just some thoughts of mine
    Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    The new team: well at first i thought those guys were a bunch of weakling. but if we do a power ranking, Viole and Horyan stand out. Yeon, Akraptor and prince are your average strong regular. Wangnan come next but there is more to him, he have the ambition. The 2 girls are total weakling xD
    Now the question is if that new team is better than the old team or not. I think it's hard to compare in term of power because we don't know how much the old bunch grew during the 5 years. but when it come to working together, i think that team will do better. The old team was all about treason, jealousy. And The 2 princess hated each other.

    [CENTER]How far those 2 will go together? a team that will shake the tower?
    I think you underestimate the old team too much, treason and jealousy was not really common in that group, I mean yes Ho was really jealous, but I don´t even put her(him?) in the same team as the others... And Androssi and Anak hating each other? I don´t think that you can call that hating, it´s more like teasing eachother, but deeply they like eachother.
    I also can´t imagine the season2 team to be stronger than season1, even after 5 years I think the powerbalance might be the same, they got very talanted ones, Laure, Hatsu, Anak, Androssi, Rak and the biggest schemer Koon. I don´t want to downplay the new guys, Yeon might be on Androssi´s level and Arkrapter and Teddy are also pretty strong, but I just can´t see the old gang losing to the new. How strong the 2 girls and prince are, is a wildcare till now. Have to see more of them.

    And thanks again for the review, keep it coming

  9. #6
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ToG chapter 101 review by scav

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    Finally someones doing a review, I hope you keep it weekly
    Just some thoughts of mine

    I think you underestimate the old team too much, treason and jealousy was not really common in that group, I mean yes Ho was really jealous, but I don´t even put her(him?) in the same team as the others... And Androssi and Anak hating each other? I don´t think that you can call that hating, it´s more like teasing eachother, but deeply they like eachother.
    I also can´t imagine the season2 team to be stronger than season1, even after 5 years I think the powerbalance might be the same, they got very talanted ones, Laure, Hatsu, Anak, Androssi, Rak and the biggest schemer Koon. I don´t want to downplay the new guys, Yeon might be on Androssi´s level and Arkrapter and Teddy are also pretty strong, but I just can´t see the old gang losing to the new. How strong the 2 girls and prince are, is a wildcare till now. Have to see more of them.

    And thanks again for the review, keep it coming
    Agreed, Androssi was willing to lose her position as a Princess for Anak, that should be enough to tell you that deep down they don't hate each other at all. I'd say the old team members are a lot more gelled together than the new ones atm, if they weren't then they wouldn't have bothered helping Lahel climb the tower out of respect for what Baam did for them. On the other hand, you have Yeon planning to take out Baam when she gets a chance and Miseng who didn't trust Akraptor enough to let him into her room. Then again, the old team has been through so much more than the new one so we'll have to see.

  10. #7
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ToG chapter 101 review by scav

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Agreed, Androssi was willing to lose her position as a Princess for Anak, that should be enough to tell you that deep down they don't hate each other at all. I'd say the old team members are a lot more gelled together than the new ones atm, if they weren't then they wouldn't have bothered helping Lahel climb the tower out of respect for what Baam did for them. On the other hand, you have Yeon planning to take out Baam when she gets a chance and Miseng who didn't trust Akraptor enough to let him into her room. Then again, the old team has been through so much more than the new one so we'll have to see.
    Yeah, that's that I've been saying!

    The old team ended up being a very close-welded one, but they certainly didn't start out that way! So let's wait and see exactly how the newly formed team will turn out!

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts