Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What do you expect from the next arc ???

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Viole/Baam with "all his team" would overwhelmingly win another test and proceed to the next floor

5 25.00%
  • an encounter with teammates that Viole/Baam had in part 1, would be inevitable

6 30.00%
  • all kind of random characters from part 1 would finally show themselves again (like for example rankers like Lero-ro and alike , or princesses like Yuri,...)

4 20.00%
  • a third party would make their appearance (like for example FUG)

10 50.00%
  • if you think about something else click on this link and write in that thread your opinion

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 101 Discussion/102 Predictions

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 101 Discussion/102 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    not a word from Baam eh,
    btw what does 'choosing teammate indicate', who are chosen? Is Baam the one doing the choosing or what, since he got the connector from wangnan he is already a winner in the test.
    Not quite - the other condition Baam needed to meet to win was to take Yeon's room. So I guess at the end he had literally two choices left: Take the room for himself and advance alone, failing the others in the proccess... Or accept the others and advance together with them.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Very short summary of SIU's blogpost. Again by LaFa:

Quote Quote:
    SIU' blog.in short

Things will be explained in the epilogue next week. I'll write how Part 2 will progress in the next week's afterward. He also wrote how he felt about comments.
    ---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Heh... Which reminds me, did anyone else think the funniest part of the chapter was Prince being all "sparkly admiring" over Teddy?
    Yup, him admiring teddy like a little kid was quite funny Guess he could become a likeable character... maybe

guess we will have to wait for a long time to know precisely what is going to happen as i m pretty much sure that the epilogue will start with koon and others
    btw jamin will be pleased, he was upset on baam being cold hearted when this test started
    Seems unlikely looking at SIU's blogpost I guess a short glimpse is the most we could get.

yup, looks like Wangnan made him change his mind. I guess he will get closer to the other teammates now - slowly but steadily (Hopefully this makes Jammin come back here )

Not quite - the other condition Baam needed to meet to win was to take Yeon's room. So I guess at the end he had literally two choices left: Take the room for himself and advance alone, failing the others in the proccess... Or accept the others and advance together with them.
    As far as I know the blue button, which he chose, means he joins the team and thus the rooms are shared (see the first "Untrusted Rooms" afterwords, he explains it there). So Baam and the rest of the team advances

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

things couldnt have been better baam and wangnan both need other
    baam has started his " dont want friend' philosophy after being brutally betrayed
    wangnan needs some sort of a mentor in order to be stronger.
    yeon will act as a comic + romance relief lol

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

It all got so complicated and I´m pretty much confused now
    And the only question I asked myself was, wheres the "enexpected" ending I was waiting for? Everyone and their cousin saw this ending coming a mile away. I just hope that some things will be cleared in the epiloge next week. Also what is now the tower-shaking event? FUG-slayer + GF-girl + possible king + devil of the right hand combined maybe?? Everytime I read a chapter of TOG its like, oh so I have to wait another week to understand what happened this week??

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    It all got so complicated and I´m pretty much confused now
    And the only question I asked myself was, wheres the "enexpected" ending I was waiting for? Everyone and their cousin saw this ending coming a mile away. I just hope that some things will be cleared in the epiloge next week. Also what is now the tower-shaking event? FUG-slayer + GF-girl + possible king + devil of the right hand combined maybe?? Everytime I read a chapter of TOG its like, oh so I have to wait another week to understand what happened this week??
    I think the surprise was just Viole accepting teammates even after he got his hands on the connector. And I think it was because Viole started to see Wangnan and co. as worthy of teaming up. My theory is Viole didn't pick his teammates after the Shinsoo competition because some of the people (Horyang, Miseng, Akraptor and Wangnan) were ready to make a deal with the devil but it was all for selfish reasons (remember none of them helped the guy who was about to collapse after the first 30 minute test). But after seeing how they've started care for each other, Viole might see their value as a selfless team. It's also highly likely that they'll stick as a group for the tests of higher floors as well. May be the "shaking event" is the formation of a very dangerous and famous-to-be group lead by Viole.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    I think the surprise was just Viole accepting teammates even after he got his hands on the connector. And I think it was because Viole started to see Wangnan and co. as worthy of teaming up. My theory is Viole didn't pick his teammates after the Shinsoo competition because some of the people (Horyang, Miseng, Akraptor and Wangnan) were ready to make a deal with the devil but it was all for selfish reasons (remember none of them helped the guy who was about to collapse after the first 30 minute test). But after seeing how they've started care for each other, Viole might see their value as a selfless team. It's also highly likely that they'll stick as a group for the tests of higher floors as well. May be the "shaking event" is the formation of a very dangerous and famous-to-be group lead by Viole.
    No matter what you say or how you try to spin it, it wasn't unexpected. We all expected from the very beginning of the final phase of the test that Baam would end up with that bunch as allies, other than Prince

Baam's still a nice person at heart, so perhaps what SIU was getting at was that Baam was going to discard his cold exterior.

Unless the unexpected ending is that Prince was humbled and joined them...
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; June 24, 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i echo others, the outcome was expected, hell SIU must have thought that we will think otherwise
    but all in all it was a good test, we got to see baams super copying ability and devil of right hand and all.
    btw
    Quote Quote:
    FUG-slayer + GF-girl + possible king + devil of the right hand combined maybe?
    is that really a tower shaking thing?
    they had and irregular 2 princess 2 brilliant genius(koon, lesso) one monster (rak) one hell of a swords man with them to begin with

dont see this group to be superior than others
    i mean in a group effort the most dangerous one is the one who plans givne that the most tower shaking grp was the first one
    where we had Koon and lesso

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    No matter what you say or how you try to spin it, it wasn't unexpected. We all expected from the very beginning of the final phase of the test that Baam would end up with that bunch as allies, other than Prince

Baam's still a nice person at heart, so perhaps what SIU was getting at was that Baam was going to discard his cold exterior.

Unless the unexpected ending is that Prince was humbled and joined them...
    Honestly, I could see people getting surprised from this development if they don't read author afterwords or give much thought to what is happening in TOG. But I agree with you that, one way or another, most of us (at least in this forum) were expecting Wangnan & co. to go up with Viole. But we still don't know the reason. Maybe Wangnan tricked/manipulated him or maybe he felt indebted to Wangnan or maybe he thought he could use them later or maybe he's just gone soft as you suggested. But as I mentioned before, I think Viole saw that there are somewhat powerful&selfless people among them and given they are willing to make a deal with the devil he thought he could use them in the upcoming tests.
    Last edited by braveheart655; June 24, 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Yup, him admiring teddy like a little kid was quite funny Guess he could become a likeable character... maybe
    Well, maybe being betrayed and almost killed, then saved by the "opposing team" has taken him down a notch or two... Would be nice if he learned some humility from this at least.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    As far as I know the blue button, which he chose, means he joins the team and thus the rooms are shared (see the first "Untrusted Rooms" afterwords, he explains it there). So Baam and the rest of the team advances
    So it would seem

That could be it. Remember chapter 5 (part 2), and the story of the man and the star that Rachel told Baam in the flashback there? Rachel sees the story as beautiful (because it's the story of someone succeeding in his/her goal, most likely), but Baam saw the story as being sad because the man seeking the star would be all alone. So presumably, Baam cares more for camaderie/friendship than struggling towards a goal. So as I see it, he may only want to work together with people who can forefeit their goals in favor of their teammates/friends/comrades or th l ike (which Wangnan did here).

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    Honestly, I could see people getting surprised from this But as I mentioned before, I think Viole saw that there are somewhat powerful&selfless people among them and given they are willing to make a deal with the devil he thought he could use them in the upcoming tests.
    Maybe.

Well, either way, Wangnan & co will be way more surpised about this conclusion than us

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

its clear as day what that big event/suprise SUI mentions shakes the tower...Viole pressing Wangnans connctor into the remote creates that event. FUG, Wagnan pipped as the prince of zahard? and Flame girl as team mates in a flour test together to go up the Tower...how much bigger news than that?...surely every quarter or those being represented by these individuals will have something major to say about this sitiation...its extraordinary and isssues are bound to arise out of this...all the Tower, news of this develoment will reach all corners of it IMO.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a detailed summary of the chapter on the ToG wiki now if anyone cares :

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Ch._101:_20F

More detailed translation here: http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Use..._II_Chapter_21

Quote Originally Posted by gold349 View Post
    its clear as day what that big event/suprise SUI mentions shakes the tower...Viole pressing Wangnans connctor into the remote creates that event. FUG, Wagnan pipped as the prince of zahard? and Flame girl as team mates in a flour test together to go up the Tower...how much bigger news than that?...surely every quarter or those being represented by these individuals will have something major to say about this sitiation...its extraordinary and isssues are bound to arise out of this...all the Tower, news of this develoment will reach all corners of it IMO.
    Hmm, I have the feeling that this might not be the real big news here. The thing that'll cause the uproar is that Viole, a Regular (and member of FUG to boot) beat a Ranker (which'll be technically true), something that should be extremly rare, especially on the lower levels of the Tower...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; June 25, 2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Adding stuff plus answering one thinh above)

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I have the feeling that this might not be the real big news here. The thing that'll cause the uproar is that Viole, a Regular (and member of FUG to boot) beat a Ranker (which'll be technically true), something that should be extremly rare, especially on the lower levels of the Tower...
    you mean if it gets out, the way baam is he barely speaks, wangnan didnt see viole doing what he did the only person who can leak out that a regular(seemingly) beat a ranker is Love. do you see that coming? as for me i am in 'may be may be not' region

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

you mean if it gets out, the way baam is he barely speaks, wangnan didnt see viole doing what he did the only person who can leak out that a regular(seemingly) beat a ranker is Love. do you see that coming? as for me i am in 'may be may be not' region
    It doesn´t have to be like that. Others might misundertstand and tell the story differently, again others won´t know what happened, only that baam got the connector from him. And again others might know but with the story going on it changes itself. Thats how legends are born, through telling the same story from person to person until it gets a different story like "woah have you heard, there was a REAL admitted FUG-Slayer taking the test on F20 and just for the fun of it he wiped the floor with the ranker, even the head of the Yeon family was there but couldn´t do a thing. I heard he even killed a regular just because he didn´t liked his ears"

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, kakashi65 more or elss sums it up. I mean, take Lurker, he saw Viole with the connector and was all "ZOMG, NO WAY! U BEAT TEH RANKER!?". And presumably, after this he and the others who failed will be going back into town... Where they'll most likely tell the tale of how a regular associated with FUG took the connector from a ranker (and presumably beat him to be able to do so). So, like kakashi65 said, the rumor'll grow., it'll be the talk of the town for a long while to come and all that... And the tale'll likely spread to the rest of the Tower as well.

Plus, there's no telling exactly what Love will tell his superiors now or what they'll tell their superiors.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    It doesn´t have to be like that. Others might misundertstand and tell the story differently, again others won´t know what happened, only that baam got the connector from him. And again others might know but with the story going on it changes itself. Thats how legends are born, through telling the same story from person to person until it gets a different story like "woah have you heard, there was a REAL admitted FUG-Slayer taking the test on F20 and just for the fun of it he wiped the floor with the ranker, even the head of the Yeon family was there but couldn´t do a thing. I heard he even killed a regular just because he didn´t liked his ears"
    ya that would be funny and awesome, stories snowballing like that would be interesting.
    This might bring Yuri to level 20, you never know

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast