Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

That's pretty much been my stance on the matter and what I thought Bach meant here. It also could explain why they're called war potentials and not just war threats since they can't avoid all these guys forever. We still don't know what tools they have at their disposal but they may have means of controlling, threatening, bargaining, or manipulating potentials who have things that can't be stolen easily. Given Mayuri's past actions I still don't know if they would want anything to do with him outside of stealing his research.
    Last edited by Regret; October 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Regret View Post
    That's pretty much been my stance on the matter and what I thought Bach meant here. It also could explain why they're called war potentials and not just war threats .
    I think someone said that accurate translation was "Notable THREAT".

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    In that case then I am probably wrong... Though, in that case, if Yamamoto isn't on the list - why should Kenpachi be? Even with a change of attitude, Yamamoto is still significantly more of a threat than Kenpachi...
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also what does that mean for Aizen? Bach was offering him a chance to become a "notable threat" if he served underneath him? From the way Bach left him in prison until he changed his mind it seemed like he wasn't much of a threat to anybody at least during the expected time span of the war. If that really was the title then it seems a little off so far unless threats to the SS are also a part of the list which seems to warrant more criteria otherwise all of the Royal Guard members seems like they would be notable threats.
    Last edited by Regret; October 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe JB said that both he and Aizen have an Eternal time before them.
    Suggesting that JB plans to destroy SS and the human world will leave them in a place where time does not exist or at least flows differently.
    I think it is interesting that JB wanted Aizen to join him, and I find it strange that Aizen refused. tho in fairness we only have JB account of that conversation,

Aizen is trapped in that prison, without the power of the Hogyoku to augment his own power except for now supposedly being immortal. I dont see why JB would even bother with Aizen. unless Aizen had something JB needed. Perhaps JB wants people that he cannot kill in an instant around to keep him company.

Or MAYBE)_)_ oh shit idea!!-
    Perhaps JB went to Aizen to recruit him and was now effected by the HG. meaning, Ichigos Use of Blut Vene, might have been activated within ichigo via HG after JB went to see aizen. Perhaps JB really wants the shinigami and the quincy to be one. and since aizen is bound and sealed, it remotely acted upon the other main person that the HG has influenced in this manga, ichigo.

---ehh....maybe not.. but it sure is fun to play the what if game.! ^_^

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Regret View Post
    Also what does that mean for Aizen? Bach was offering him a chance to become a "notable threat" if he served underneath him? From the way Bach left him in prison until he changed his mind it seemed like he wasn't much of a threat to anybody at least during the expected time span of the war. If that really was the title then it seems a little off so far unless threats to the SS are also a part of the list which seems to warrant more criteria otherwise all of the Royal Guard members seems like they would be notable threats.
    We still don't know 2 other Notable Threats. Maybe these are known characters like Ishida and Isshin, or maybe they're RG.

If someone can mop the floor with your whole army, you would prefer him to help you, or to fight you, if he somehow breaks out of prison? Aizen is still dangerous, he is immortal. Notable Threats are people who are stronger than others and can alone stand against Sternritters. Kenpachi was one but he was HUGELY overestimated, as Juha stated. I think Notable Threats are people who are on Dangai Ichigo's level or can become one. (Ishida?)
    Last edited by Duniak; October 26, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this 5 potentials something from the manga?

Ok. I see. Chapter 490. I forgot about that.
    Last edited by mrsticky005; October 26, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the war potentials that hasn't been revealed yet, is probably a great threat to Juha Bach. Most likely, a new character Kubo will introduce in the long run.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

We still don't know 2 other Notable Threats. Maybe these are known characters like Ishida and Isshin, or maybe they're RG.

If someone can mop the floor with your whole army, you would prefer him to help you, or to fight you, if he somehow breaks out of prison? Aizen is still dangerous, he is immortal. Notable Threats are people who are stronger than others and can alone stand against Sternritters. Kenpachi was one but he was HUGELY overestimated, as Juha stated. I think Notable Threats are people who are on Dangai Ichigo's level or can become one. (Ishida?)
    Dangai Ichigo's level? Hahaha. I love how people are suddenly spamming Ultimate Ichigo like he's common/ordinary/regular.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Dangai Ichigo's level? Hahaha. I love how people are suddenly spamming Ultimate Ichigo like he's common/ordinary/regular.
    Ya know, to fight Juha who is stronger than Yama's bankai and actually HAS Yama's bankai now you need a powerful being. One of more powerful captains- Byakuya died likes he was nothing. For all we know Kenpachi was weak and was overestimated, Aizen is WP and is immortal (that makes him... strong, I guess?), Ichigo achieved level beyond Yama and is shown to have Quincy abilities, so he has even MORE room to evolve. 2 spots in WP list left. Ichigo WILL and MUST achieve level BEYOND Dangai Ichigo lvl and BEYOND his power during using FGT. That means we need some strong characters, allies and enemies, Dangai level at least for it to make freakin' sense. It would be boring if he killed everyone without breaking a sweat. If Dangai Ichigo was stronger than EVERYONE else, than Squad 0, Yama's death, senior captain's bankais wouldn't be important. Shinji didn't reveal his bankai yet and has mask, you want to tell me he can't be near Dangai Ichigo level if he wore his mask and used bankai? It would make him actually... near Dangai Ichigo, who gained complete control of his Hollow and Zanpakuto, just like Complete Vaizards. Kyoraku is said to be able to take down Aizen with his bankai (Kubo in one of interviews) so who knows how hax his bankai (and Shinji's, and Ukitake's) might be. Their Shikais are strong as normal bankai's. Shinji's SHIKAI reverts everything. And what would his bankai do? Ukitake's shikai is perfect defense and great offense at the same time. He can deflect anything. And his bankai? Kyoraku's shikai makes games that you have to play. Power comes second in battle with Kyoraku. His bankai was said to be bothersome and it can't be used with people around, as Ukitake said. Even in terms of raw power Kyoraku is like... first or second? Don't know about Unohana's abilities. But her Shikai is just a healing flying shit. Her bankai will heal all her injuries I guess. Or another hax ability that would do trouble to SR.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 29, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you know Juha is stronger than Yama's bankai? Yama was slashed by Bach without having even guarded against the attack, and in shikai. If he was using ZT West, what would happen to that slash? I leave that to everyone's imagination.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    How do you know Juha is stronger than Yama's bankai? Yama was slashed by Bach without having even guarded against the attack, and in shikai. If he was using ZT West, what would happen to that slash? I leave that to everyone's imagination.
    In Shikai, while Juha wasn't using Vollstandig. He didn't even lift a finger in Shikai. He was outclassed in speed and strength. You really think his bankai would KILL Juha? And we can see Juha has Zanpakuto or something zanpakuto-ish. If he had his own ability/bankai+Vollstandig he would be stronger than Yama's bankai, for sure.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya know, to fight Juha who is stronger than Yama's bankai and actually HAS Yama's bankai now you need a powerful being. One of more powerful captains- Byakuya died likes he was nothing. For all we know Kenpachi was weak and was overestimated, Aizen is WP and is immortal (that makes him... strong, I guess?), Ichigo achieved level beyond Yama and is shown to have Quincy abilities, so he has even MORE room to evolve. 2 spots in WP list left. Ichigo WILL and MUST achieve level BEYOND Dangai Ichigo lvl and BEYOND his power during using FGT. That means we need some strong characters, allies and enemies, Dangai level at least for it to make freakin' sense. It would be boring if he killed everyone without breaking a sweat. If Dangai Ichigo was stronger than EVERYONE else, than Squad 0, Yama's death, senior captain's bankais wouldn't be important. Shinji didn't reveal his bankai yet and has mask, you want to tell me he can't be near Dangai Ichigo level if he wore his mask and used bankai? It would make him actually... near Dangai Ichigo, who gained complete control of his Hollow and Zanpakuto, just like Complete Vaizards. Kyoraku is said to be able to take down Aizen with his bankai (Kubo in one of interviews) so who knows how hax his bankai (and Shinji's, and Ukitake's) might be. Their Shikais are strong as normal bankai's. Shinji's SHIKAI reverts everything. And what would his bankai do? Ukitake's shikai is perfect defense and great offense at the same time. He can deflect anything. And his bankai? Kyoraku's shikai makes games that you have to play. Power comes second in battle with Kyoraku. His bankai was said to be bothersome and it can't be used with people around, as Ukitake said. Even in terms of raw power Kyoraku is like... first or second? Don't know about Unohana's abilities. But her Shikai is just a healing flying shit. Her bankai will heal all her injuries I guess. Or another hax ability that would do trouble to SR.

And I love how people are suddenly showing their alleged superiority by being complete idiots.
    You are assuming A LOT of things you have no proof of backing. Bach defeated a shikai Yama that has exhausted his power SO WHAT?
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/510/12

What does that have anything to do with FGT Ichigo?
    Aizen started becoming Yama's superior the moment he undergo his first transfiguration with the hogyoku & he could have easily defeated Yama at full power yet after undergoing his 2nd(& 3rd) transfiguration, it was mocked by Ichigo. Before Ichigo even began to use his FGT,

He outright played with Aizen's devastrating strikes http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57111-1...apter-418.html http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57111-1...apter-418.html

Slapped Hado 90 which is able to disort time & space when fueled with his new found power http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57111-1...apter-418.html http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57111-2...apter-418.html

A simple Ken'a'tsu from his sword is able to complete vaporized mountains leaving nothing. http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57111-1...apter-418.html
    A KEN'A'TSU OF ALL THINGS.

Aizen(hogyoku) realising he was no match for Ichigo was forced into another transfiguration.
    He did a tiny concentrated beam http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-1...apter-419.html
    Capable of this level of destruction http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-1...apter-419.html http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-1...apter-419.html http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-1...apter-419.html http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-1...apter-419.html
    and Ichigo didn't even care do dodge, block or anything. He just stood there and took it like nothing.

It is funny how Ichigo could have complete negated the beams damage simply by releashing reiatsu but he didn't. He just took it.

We then move on to here http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-1...apter-419.html http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-1...apter-419.html
    Aizen after brutally smashing Ichigo's body wanted to finish Ichigo off with multiple beams (forming rings around Ichigo).

Ichigo at this point was outright annoyed & insulted by Aizen's silly attempts to take him out therefore he easily destroyed those rings of beams sorrounding him with a swing http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-2...apter-419.html
    This ony proves that without the regenerative & transfigurative properties of the hogyoku, Aizen would be doomed without Ichigo ever using the FGT.

Ichigo finally used FGT to competely annihilate everything. http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57322-2...apter-419.html http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57474-1...apter-420.html http://www.mangapanda.com/94-57474-2...apter-420.html
    AND YOU SPEAK OF THIS FORM'S POWER AS THOUGH IT'S SOMETHING THAT CAN EASILY BE ACHIEVED? Even by chatacters like Shinji?(who was Aizen's inferior at base?) and you call me an idiot because I think that's totally bogus? pfft

We don't have anything to quantify where Ichigo's FGT or his ultimate bankai form stands in the food chain but we know it's at the very top of the food chain.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    AND YOU SPEAK OF THIS FORM'S POWER AS THOUGH IT'S SOMETHING THAT CAN EASILY BE ACHIEVED? Even by chatacters like Shinji?(who was Aizen's inferior at base?) and you call me an idiot because I think that's totally bogus? pfft

We don't have anything to quantify where Ichigo's FGT or his ultimate bankai form stands in the food chain but we know it's at the very top of the food chain.
    One question. What the hell does it have to do with anything? How can you say how strong is Kyoraku or Ukitake or even Shinji, when you don't know their bankai? Right, you can't. And you really think defeating Bach is matter of using FGT? No freakin' chance. He'll have to boost his power FAR beyond Dangai level. Juha was even with Yamamoto without Vollstandig I guess. When Yamaji was in shikai he was no match for Juha. And I believe Juha has something like his own bankai, then Vollstandig, and then Yamaji's bankai. That makes him... oh well, STRONGER than Dangai Ichigo. He has bankai that evaporates water from the air and from other's bodies (Kyoraku's lip). If he kept it up, it would have been disaster. Too long fighting with this bankai and everyone would die.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Anyway, I think Ginjo would've probably been a war potential had he still been alive. The guy was a half-human half-shinigami like Ichigo, and even had some Hollow-powers in there.
    I don't think his bankai could have been stolen so easily.

Or Ichigo's possible Quincy heritage is why his bankai cannot be stolen.

New Reply
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast