Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 376

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

  1. #241
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    - Ishida makes sense because he's a Quincy, and Opie spoke of him as if he should be even more powerful. Or it could be his father instead.

    - Grimmjow makes sense because he doesn't have a Bankai that can be stolen, and he is the only known Espada left that's roaming free. And he's had a power-up no doubt.

    - Tsukishima, not only is his Book of the End very dangerous in battle, but with one stab/cut he can insert himself to gain intel about the Vandenreich.
    Not only that, but he could likely turn Quincy to his side.

    If he's not a special war potential, I'll be kinda surprised.


    - Ginjo is also a possibility considering his hybrid status, though I doubt it.
    Last edited by Notak; March 07, 2013 at 07:16 AM.

  2. #242
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Ichigo

    Kenpachi

    Mayuri

    Masaki

    Ishida family

  3. #243
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Aizen Aizen Aizen Aizen and Aizen!!! ...........+ Ichigo

    I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

  4. #244
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    The thing I'm more curious about when it comes to the Vandenreich is how the hell they have so much intel on everything that is going on, or has been going on in Soul Society for the past 1000 years? They seem to know everything about everybody. Has this been explained at all?

  5. #245
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    I would argue it has something to do with the shadows they use to move around. Quincy can move around with those virtually anywhere and at large undetected by SS. It is not that weird that they would be able to spy on SS without anyone noticing. There is also the relationship the quincy have with good old aizen. For all we know aizen sold vandenreich information on SS.

  6. #246
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rokkenjima
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Ichigo
    Kenpachi
    Ururu
    Aizen
    Uryuu
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

  7. #247
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    The true 5 potentials:

    Ichigo - da boss

    Aizen - shinigami

    Ishida - quincy

    Tsukishima - human

    Grimmjow - hollow

    I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

  8. #248
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    I don't think tsukishima is good enough to be a war potential on any front. Even as dangerous as his ability is it is not infallible. Take byakuya for instance. Tsukishima inserted himself into byakuya's memories turning into someone who had been there always. That is easily over 110 years. Even then, byakuya remorselessly killed tsukishima simply because tsukishima was ichigo's enemy. The whole thing is even disturbing to some extent, byakuya being cold hearted enough someone who had been there ALWAYS, no exception. Now, why would the ability be so dangerous to vandenreich? Juhabach is essentially a good to the quincy, how many of them would betray him for a mere human? Tsukishima's greatest assets is to turn your allies and own memories against you and neither of them is likely against juhabach. As for war potentials I would argue the following:

    1.- Ichigo

    2.- Zaraki

    3.- Urahara. Not because of his power but his intellect. If someone can come up with a counter to quincy techniques it is him.

    4.- Ishin. Powerful guy, enough to be a match for aizen even though the current timeline suggests ishin was also under the effect of KS (everyone in SS was under the effect of KS and ishin was a captain while aizen also was). I guess it is possible ishin was not under the illusion for whatever reason but even then he would be pretty powerful.

    5.- Aizen or shunsui. I am iffy about aizen being a war potential honestly. He was called something like that but juhabach left him to rot there and there was never any chance of SS releasing him to fight alongside shinigami. Shunsui as expected by readers was made the new captain commander. Juhabach went to SS with the sole and unique purpose of killing yamamoto to the point where he lost 5 or 6 stern ritern and did not give a damn about it. If juhabach planned on leaving once yamamoto was dead then he must have considered that by the next encounter they have with SS they will have a new captain commander and with all the information he had on SS it wouldn't have been weird if he suspected shunsui would be the captain commander. I have pointed this out before, shunsui is a damn dirty and borderline dishonorable fighter. Juhabach would have known that if he had information of shunsui. In this regard juhabach would have seen what danger there was in shunsui being the new captain commander. Shunsui as the type of fighter he is taking decisions for SS not to protect its honor and whatnot but rather to SURVIVE AT ALL COST is something that could make a huge difference in the war. It is precisely that sort of attitude which he feared from yamamoto in the past and which he berated him for not having now. And what was shunsui's first move as captain commander? Without an ounce of remorse he sent unohana to die like a worthless sick dog in the deepest darkest pit in SS. The result? SS got a full powered kenpachi capable of defeating bankai unohana easily. To boot the very power that defeated unohana easily is potentially just a fraction of what kenpachi is now capable of as after easily defeating unohana he finally learned the name of his sword. Of course, it is entirely possible unohana actually survived in which case shunsui sent unohana to die in the deepest darkest pit in SS and in return got two full powered kenpachis. Or perhaps unohana survived but she is no longer capable of fighting which still means shunsui ended on the plus side of the gamble as they at least kept a powerful healer instead.

    Anyways, my point is that shunsui is worth fearing and it is very possible juhabach was aware of that.

  9. #249
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rokkenjima
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Well crap, I really seem to be the only one seeing Ururu as Potential.
    Spoiler show


    That power is still a mystery to me especially when she isn't even awake but sleepwalking.
    I mean freaking hell, she dominated this guy, a Fraccion who is quite high ranked.
    I dunno about you's but IMO she certainly does have enormous fighting potential.
    Last edited by Beatrice; March 14, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

  10. #250
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think tsukishima is good enough to be a war potential on any front. Even as dangerous as his ability is it is not infallible. Take byakuya for instance. Tsukishima inserted himself into byakuya's memories turning into someone who had been there always. That is easily over 110 years. Even then, byakuya remorselessly killed tsukishima simply because tsukishima was ichigo's enemy. The whole thing is even disturbing to some extent, byakuya being cold hearted enough someone who had been there ALWAYS, no exception. Now, why would the ability be so dangerous to vandenreich? Juhabach is essentially a good to the quincy, how many of them would betray him for a mere human? Tsukishima's greatest assets is to turn your allies and own memories against you and neither of them is likely against juhabach. As for war potentials I would argue the following:

    1.- Ichigo

    2.- Zaraki

    3.- Urahara. Not because of his power but his intellect. If someone can come up with a counter to quincy techniques it is him.

    4.- Ishin. Powerful guy, enough to be a match for aizen even though the current timeline suggests ishin was also under the effect of KS (everyone in SS was under the effect of KS and ishin was a captain while aizen also was). I guess it is possible ishin was not under the illusion for whatever reason but even then he would be pretty powerful.

    5.- Aizen or shunsui. I am iffy about aizen being a war potential honestly. He was called something like that but juhabach left him to rot there and there was never any chance of SS releasing him to fight alongside shinigami. Shunsui as expected by readers was made the new captain commander. Juhabach went to SS with the sole and unique purpose of killing yamamoto to the point where he lost 5 or 6 stern ritern and did not give a damn about it. If juhabach planned on leaving once yamamoto was dead then he must have considered that by the next encounter they have with SS they will have a new captain commander and with all the information he had on SS it wouldn't have been weird if he suspected shunsui would be the captain commander. I have pointed this out before, shunsui is a damn dirty and borderline dishonorable fighter. Juhabach would have known that if he had information of shunsui. In this regard juhabach would have seen what danger there was in shunsui being the new captain commander. Shunsui as the type of fighter he is taking decisions for SS not to protect its honor and whatnot but rather to SURVIVE AT ALL COST is something that could make a huge difference in the war. It is precisely that sort of attitude which he feared from yamamoto in the past and which he berated him for not having now. And what was shunsui's first move as captain commander? Without an ounce of remorse he sent unohana to die like a worthless sick dog in the deepest darkest pit in SS. The result? SS got a full powered kenpachi capable of defeating bankai unohana easily. To boot the very power that defeated unohana easily is potentially just a fraction of what kenpachi is now capable of as after easily defeating unohana he finally learned the name of his sword. Of course, it is entirely possible unohana actually survived in which case shunsui sent unohana to die in the deepest darkest pit in SS and in return got two full powered kenpachis. Or perhaps unohana survived but she is no longer capable of fighting which still means shunsui ended on the plus side of the gamble as they at least kept a powerful healer instead.

    Anyways, my point is that shunsui is worth fearing and it is very possible juhabach was aware of that.
    The first four people that you've mentioned are the ones I've suspected all along of being war potentials. As you said, Urahara's intellect is indeed worth fearing. He uses it in fights and is usually 2-3 steps ahead of his opponent (like against Aizen and Yammy), not to mention the fact that he makes his own Kido and his extreme combat proficiency in general. I don't think there's anyone better than him at combining Kido with swordsmanship.

    As much as I like Kyoraku, I don't see him as one of the war potentials. The reason behind that is that, although we have yet to see his bankai (which I have high hopes for), he seems to be a pure-blooded Shinigami in every sense of the term. For that reason, I think his bankai can be stolen just as easily as Yamamoto's was. Instead, I'd suggest Grimmjow is the 5th war potential (I think it's clear at this point that he was the one in HM with Urahara and co.). The reason for that is that Grimmjow seems to have become Ichigo's main rival. Following Ichigo's extreme power boost since they last fought, Grimmjow must have received something similar. My guess is that he can also use the 2nd form like Ulquiorra used. I also find it interesting that they managed to catch Hallibel, but not Grimmjow.

  11. #251
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Well, none of the reasons I gave for shunsui being a war potential had anything to do with power. To be fair if it was only power then even kenpachi has nothing to do as a war potential and urahara is perhaps the single weakest fighter among the people I suggested. I suggested shunsui might be a war potential because it is plausible juhabach might have seen in him a man capable of turning the gotei 13 around, not because shunsui would last a fraction of a microsecond against jugabach bankai or not. Its not about shunsui being powerful, its about his leadership causing that huge an impact among the 13 squads.

    ---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

    As for grimmjow... I am the first to believe he grew stronger during the timeskip however I don't think that alone would make him that much of a threat. Ichigo is at any random time a moment away from turning into a god among ants, urahara has unmatched intellect and the technical know how to apply it, kenpachi is unfathomably powerful to the point where he far exceeds a standard bankai with no technique or special skills, ishin is still a wildcard although he has shown power and perhaps has intel on vandenreich thanks to his relation with masaki and ryuken... nothing grimmjow can ever show can match any of that. Even if segunda etapa is an arrancar bankai and grimmjow got it that is still the limit of his power. As for why he didn't get caught, it would be simply because he wasn't at las noches when the quincy invaded. Harribel became the queen of HM and took leadership of the arrancar there, she was always the one more easily found. Grimmjow not being at las noches is more than enough for him to never be found.

  12. #252
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, none of the reasons I gave for shunsui being a war potential had anything to do with power. To be fair if it was only power then even kenpachi has nothing to do as a war potential and urahara is perhaps the single weakest fighter among the people I suggested. I suggested shunsui might be a war potential because it is plausible juhabach might have seen in him a man capable of turning the gotei 13 around, not because shunsui would last a fraction of a microsecond against jugabach bankai or not. Its not about shunsui being powerful, its about his leadership causing that huge an impact among the 13 squads.

    ---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

    As for grimmjow... I am the first to believe he grew stronger during the timeskip however I don't think that alone would make him that much of a threat. Ichigo is at any random time a moment away from turning into a god among ants, urahara has unmatched intellect and the technical know how to apply it, kenpachi is unfathomably powerful to the point where he far exceeds a standard bankai with no technique or special skills, ishin is still a wildcard although he has shown power and perhaps has intel on vandenreich thanks to his relation with masaki and ryuken... nothing grimmjow can ever show can match any of that. Even if segunda etapa is an arrancar bankai and grimmjow got it that is still the limit of his power. As for why he didn't get caught, it would be simply because he wasn't at las noches when the quincy invaded. Harribel became the queen of HM and took leadership of the arrancar there, she was always the one more easily found. Grimmjow not being at las noches is more than enough for him to never be found.
    I wasn't referring to simply the magnitude of power, but more to the type of power and method of fighting. Based on what we've seen of the Sternritters, their main advantage over the Shinigamis is their ability to steal bankais. Otherwise, they don't seem stronger than captains (using bankais). Kenpachi was able to beat two Sternritters, unharmed, in the last battle. We can assume that after his fight with Unohana, he'll be receiving a huge power boost. That is what makes him one of the war potentials, in my opinion, since the Vandenreich can't contain him or his powers, but have no choice to beat him in a fair fight, which we all know, is not easy.

    Similarly, Urahara is a cunning fighter. Even Aizen had troubles with handling Urahara due to his ability to be a few steps ahead of the opponent, and combine his Shikai with Kido to do some serious combos. The Sternritters have no way of containing his fighting strengths and I'm sure he could beat some Sternritters with ease.

    Isshin was capable of fighting Shinigami Aizen to exhaustion, something which the whole of Gotei 13 were incapable of. Sure, unlike them, he wasn't under the hypnosis of Kyoka Suigetsu, but based on what Gin said, the most fearful thing about Aizen is his immense battle capabilities. Isshing seemed to have no problems with fighting on par with him, even without using shikai, or bankai. I think this last point is important. Thus, he, just like Urahara and Zaraki, has the potential to fight (and overwhelm) Sternritters without giving them a chance to contain his abilities.

    However, I have now realised that I'm wrong in excluding Kyoraku from this bunch. He was capable of beating Espada no. 1 with simply using his Shikai. I'm pretty sure that he's the strongest captain amongst the Gotei 13, and with his unique Shikai, he could probably kick some ass. Furthermore, as you've mentioned, his way of thinking is tough to beat in a battle because he always seems willing to sacrifice some people. Like you said, he was willing to sacrifice Unohana to power up Zaraki. Also, when the captains got their bankai stolen, he simply said that some people had to be sacrificed to get information. Finally, he doesn't seem to care about honour in battle and doesn't mind fighting dirty, unlike Division 11 for example. So, in short, he could very well be one of the war potentials.

    As for Grimmjow, I don't think we can rule him out so fast. Even if he might not be a war potential, he could still be an important wildcard. The Vandenreich might not be aware of his existence, which would explain his exclusion from the list. Furthermore, he was able to cut Kirge in half with one blow only. Seeing as he still had his sword, he was not in any resureccion form. I think he's a whole lot stronger compared to the last time we saw him. Generally, it seems like characters who come back from the verge of death receive a huge boost in power. Grimmjow should be no exception.
    Last edited by Azuma; March 15, 2013 at 02:58 AM.

  13. #253
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Isshin was capable of fighting Shinigami Aizen to exhaustion, something which the whole of Gotei 13 were incapable of. Sure, unlike them, he wasn't under the hypnosis of Kyoka Suigetsu, but based on what Gin said, the most fearful thing about Aizen is his immense battle capabilities. Isshing seemed to have no problems with fighting on par with him, even without using shikai, or bankai. I think this last point is important. Thus, he, just like Urahara and Zaraki, has the potential to fight (and overwhelm) Sternritters without giving them a chance to contain his abilities.
    You're forgetting that
    1. It was Isshin+Yoruichi+Urahara, a deadly combo if they work together well, if you ask me - and they did, Isshin and Yoruichi continuously attacking and Urahara in a more support-like position. Isshin wasn't alone.
    2. When Aizen took down the Gotei, they were already exhausted from fighting Espada. They were most likely just putting up a tough front, but actually desperately looking for a moment of relief in the midst of a contiguous streak of battles. Plus, they were demoralized after Aizen pretty much made them attack each other instead of him. No wonder those that were still standing went down with a single blow.
    3. I guess Aizen was partly in the same situation when fighting Isshin, already after a few battles, the most significant of which being the one against Yama. That's why he didn't bother seriously fighting back or KSing them... he knew that Hougyoku would help him, anyway.

    The main point here is that Isshin's battle capabilities are still unknown - we've seen too little so far to know if he's a senior captain level or just an average one.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  14. #254
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    You're forgetting that
    1. It was Isshin+Yoruichi+Urahara, a deadly combo if they work together well, if you ask me - and they did, Isshin and Yoruichi continuously attacking and Urahara in a more support-like position. Isshin wasn't alone.
    2. When Aizen took down the Gotei, they were already exhausted from fighting Espada. They were most likely just putting up a tough front, but actually desperately looking for a moment of relief in the midst of a contiguous streak of battles. Plus, they were demoralized after Aizen pretty much made them attack each other instead of him. No wonder those that were still standing went down with a single blow.
    3. I guess Aizen was partly in the same situation when fighting Isshin, already after a few battles, the most significant of which being the one against Yama. That's why he didn't bother seriously fighting back or KSing them... he knew that Hougyoku would help him, anyway.

    The main point here is that Isshin's battle capabilities are still unknown - we've seen too little so far to know if he's a senior captain level or just an average one.
    1. That was after Aizen started transforming. Before that, Isshin was fighting him single-handedly and winning. See here: http://www.mangareader.net/94-50586-...apter-400.html. That's why I said "Shinigami Aizen". Neither Urahara nor Yoruichi joined in before Aizen started transforming. So no, I'm not forgetting anything.

    3. That is merely a guess and most likely not even true. The Hogyoku gave Aizen high-speed regeneration, as seen when Ichigo cut him and his wound healed. He seemed perfectly fine at the start of the fight with Isshin. There was no indication whatsoever that he was fatigued.

    Isshin is most definitely not just an average captain. Average captains, to me, are like Soifon, Tousen (pre-hollowification) and Komamura. Both were easily defeated by Aizen, with the latter even using his bankai. Isshin didn't even use Shikai and managed to gain a clear upper hand.

  15. #255
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 5 War Potentials

    Well, shunsui did not win against starrk completely alone. He only got an upper hand on starrk when he managed to sneak up on him and stab him on the heart with one of his games. Before that shunsui could not even keep the fight in melee range. Shunsui is strong for doing what he did to starrk but by no means did he win alone.

New Reply
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts