Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

Well IF Aizen is one, Urahara has to be one. It's only logical. He was always on Aizen's intellectual level if not higher as well as possibly power if he got down to it (AKA Kubo allowed it)
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hossice View Post
    Well IF Aizen is one, Urahara has to be one. It's only logical. He was always on Aizen's intellectual level if not higher as well as possibly power if he got down to it (AKA Kubo allowed it)
    But you have to take into account that Aizen is on a whole different planet in power compared to Urahara plus he's immortal now. Urahara in my opinion is a very unlikely candidate for SWP
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hossice View Post
    aizen hasnt got only intelect, he implanted the hogioku on himself and got super strong, and something tells me he only began the process, if that is true and there is a lot of power to be gained from the hogioku yet then there is no reason for him not to be a SWP.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the 3 confirmed war potentials the remaning 2 can't be just anyone, they really need to be special.

Ichigo is a hybrid of everything and very strong at that, even fighting with most of his power sealed.

Aizen is one of the most intelligent ppl in bleach, he was insanely strong even before hogyoku and after the fusion he is much stronger.

Kenpachi was always a beast and now he unseald his strength and even learned his Zanpakutos name.

That's why i really believe that Urahara must be one. He was connected to every significant event in bleach, Aizen himself admited that Uraharas intellegence is greater than his, he is great at swordfighting, hand to hand combat, kido, he is very fast and i believe that he still didn't show us his true strength.

This is of course only my opinion and i have no evidence to back it up but i wouldn't put it past him that he lost to Aizen on purpose just so that Ichigo could learn FGT or that he let Kirge jail Ichigo so that his quincy powers would awaken.

You can say whatever you want but you must admit that there's more to him than meets the eye.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sir_rocky View Post
    Based on the 3 confirmed war potentials the remaning 2 can't be just anyone, they really need to be special.

Ichigo is a hybrid of everything and very strong at that, even fighting with most of his power sealed.

Aizen is one of the most intelligent ppl in bleach, he was insanely strong even before hogyoku and after the fusion he is much stronger.

Kenpachi was always a beast and now he unseald his strength and even learned his Zanpakutos name.

That's why i really believe that Urahara must be one. He was connected to every significant event in bleach, Aizen himself admited that Uraharas intellegence is greater than his, he is great at swordfighting, hand to hand combat, kido, he is very fast and i believe that he still didn't show us his true strength.

This is of course only my opinion and i have no evidence to back it up but i wouldn't put it past him that he lost to Aizen on purpose just so that Ichigo could learn FGT or that he let Kirge jail Ichigo so that his quincy powers would awaken.

You can say whatever you want but you must admit that there's more to him than meets the eye.
    But Urahara is still a unkown to quincy in theory he was only really in SS for just over 100 years if that but i could be wrong, plus Kirge would have stated something about him, in his fight with ichigo but he didnt the only person he did say anything about was Uryuu which i think is the 4th, the 5th i think could be Harribel
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If urahara is a war potential I seriously doubt it will be because of his actual fighting strength. Don't get me wrong, urahara is without a doubt a powerful fighter, but he has not shown to be anything exceptional within the ranks of the SS captains. His only remarkable feature is not his fighting skills but rather his intellect and inventiveness which exceeds mayuri's and aizen's.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    But Urahara is still a unkown to quincy in theory he was only really in SS for just over 100 years if that but i could be wrong, plus Kirge would have stated something about him, in his fight with ichigo but he didnt the only person he did say anything about was Uryuu which i think is the 4th, the 5th i think could be Harribel
    Kirge didn't really know that Urahara was there untill the very end. Urahara made a suprise attack and after Kirge woke up he attacked Ichigo and then he was killed so he didn't really have the time to talk about Urahara. I agree that Uryuu could be one of 5 war potentials but i really don't see why Harribel would be one. She is strong but she didn't show anything that would separate her from the rest or even hint that there is something special about her.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner n1mr0d's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are all forgetting , that Urahara once said to Renji, when Chad asked Urahara to train him, that his bankai is not meant to train somebody because it's too powerfull, that's why he put Renji to train Chad, so we can't say how strong is Urahara surely, since we don't know his bankai...just think about it , how much can a bankai change a persons fighting style or power. So we can't say that he is one of the war potential.

I would say as i said earlier, Ukitake and on the other hand Kyoraku. I can't think that they aren't more powerfull then Yamamoto's Vice Captain (forgot his name), since he died in 2 minutes against quincys.
    Last edited by n1mr0d; June 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    If urahara is a war potential I seriously doubt it will be because of his actual fighting strength. Don't get me wrong, urahara is without a doubt a powerful fighter, but he has not shown to be anything exceptional within the ranks of the SS captains. His only remarkable feature is not his fighting skills but rather his intellect and inventiveness which exceeds mayuri's and aizen's.
    He is one of the only people (aside from 3 others) who were able to fight Aizen and actually injure him in a 1v1. The one actual fight he has been in IMO puts him above quite a lot of the SS captains in terms of physical ability etc.

He has yet to even show a fraction of his fighting capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by n1mr0d View Post
    You guys are all forgetting , that Urahara once said to Renji, when Chad asked Urahara to train him, that his bankai is not meant to train somebody because it's too powerful
    He never said anything about it being powerful (as far as i remember). He said it just was not suitable to train others, could mean a magnitude of things.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    He is one of the only people (aside from 3 others) who were able to fight Aizen and actually injure him in a 1v1. The one actual fight he has been in IMO puts him above quite a lot of the SS captains in terms of physical ability etc.

He has yet to even show a fraction of his fighting capabilities.

He never said anything about it being powerful (as far as i remember). He said it just was not suitable to train others, could mean a magnitude of things.
    Urahara has never had a 1 on 1 with aizen as far as we can tell. The closest thing we ever had to that was the time when he attacked him during the TBPA while using his reiatsu hiding cloak and only hit the VC badge (which is less than remarkable considering urahara was in a prime position to actually finish off or at least heavily impair aizen). Then we saw him fight aizen alongside ishin and yoruichi however at that stage it was factually impossible for shinigami to damage him. And in fact, urahara did not actually cause any damage. The only time we have actually seen an individual fight evenly with aizen was when ishin fought him.

The only thing I would argue urahara is hiding from us is bankai at this stage. Other than that I would think we saw everything he had to show when he fought cocoon aizen... And considering aizen was hardly trying (and hardly had a need to) I doubt it is above what your standard G13 captain can do. I mean, 8 captains did get their asses handed to them by shinigami aizen but that was an aizen which was actually trying to win (and did win rather easily in the end).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Urahara has never had a 1 on 1 with aizen as far as we can tell. The closest thing we ever had to that was the time when he attacked him during the TBPA while using his reiatsu hiding cloak and only hit the VC badge (which is less than remarkable considering urahara was in a prime position to actually finish off or at least heavily impair aizen). Then we saw him fight aizen alongside ishin and yoruichi however at that stage it was factually impossible for shinigami to damage him. And in fact, urahara did not actually cause any damage. The only time we have actually seen an individual fight evenly with aizen was when ishin fought him.

The only thing I would argue urahara is hiding from us is bankai at this stage. Other than that I would think we saw everything he had to show when he fought cocoon aizen... And considering aizen was hardly trying (and hardly had a need to) I doubt it is above what your standard G13 captain can do. I mean, 8 captains did get their asses handed to them by shinigami aizen but that was an aizen which was actually trying to win (and did win rather easily in the end).
    You do realize that Urahara practically killed Aizen and was calm during the whole encounter.

This whole chapter is basically him against Aizen and both times Aizen did not manage to at all injure Urahara (he did so later before he left for KT)

You could argue that Aizen had his guard down, but that says nothing about Uraharas ability.

Also about the TBTP thing, realize that Aizen was aware of Uraraha attacking him, however his reflexes helped him out.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirge didn't really know that Urahara was there untill the very end. Urahara made a suprise attack and after Kirge woke up he attacked Ichigo and then he was killed so he didn't really have the time to talk about Urahara. I agree that Uryuu could be one of 5 war potentials but i really don't see why Harribel would be one. She is strong but she didn't show anything that would separate her from the rest or even hint that there is something special about her.
    Actually Kirge knew that they were all there he did state it if i remember correctly. Plus the fact if Urahara was a SWP then he could of killed Kirge instead of just knocking him down. And Harribel not only is the queen of las nouche but also is able to help hollows become arrancar in a relatively short amount of time, this alone is probably the biggest war potential out of all of everyone due to the fact Arrancars dont need training in fighting and are pretty easily manipulated as we saw with Aizen all it took was for him to flex his spiritual pressure and they all folded

I'm not saying Urahara is not capable of being a war potential im just stating its unlikely unless the VR have logs of everything Urahara is about which i think is not the case due to him being pretty aware of everything around him. But i do have a theory that Urahara is going to use the VR or do something to stop a later threat from Aizen
    Last edited by devstauk; June 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    You do realize that Urahara practically killed Aizen and was calm during the whole encounter.

This whole chapter is basically him against Aizen and both times Aizen did not manage to at all injure Urahara (he did so later before he left for KT)

You could argue that Aizen had his guard down, but that says nothing about Uraharas ability.

Also about the TBTP thing, realize that Aizen was aware of Uraraha attacking him, however his reflexes helped him out.
    Urahara did not practically killed aizen at all.... Aizen was casually taking punches very intentionally and barely even defended himself. What does urahara's calmness have to do with anything? If that was a factor then aizen would already be god of bleachverse.

Well, no, it does not however that does not mean that what we saw in any way implies urahara has strength exceeding that of your standard captain either. What we saw from urahara when he fought alongside yoruichi and ishin against aizen was nothing entirely out of the ordinary by what we should expect from captains except for those very specialized kidos he developed (however that in itself is not exactly an indication of how he would compare in terms of overall power with a regular captain). Urahara and co ended up lasting 2 seconds once aizen actually tried and that is precisely what would have happened had aizen actually tried at any other point in the fight.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Actually Kirge knew that they were all there he did state it if i remember correctly. Plus the fact if Urahara was a SWP then he could of killed Kirge instead of just knocking him down. And Harribel not only is the queen of las nouche but also is able to help hollows become arrancar in a relatively short amount of time, this alone is probably the biggest war potential out of all of everyone due to the fact Arrancars dont need training in fighting and are pretty easily manipulated as we saw with Aizen all it took was for him to flex his spiritual pressure and they all folded

I'm not saying Urahara is not capable of being a war potential im just stating its unlikely unless the VR have logs of everything Urahara is about which i think is not the case due to him being pretty aware of everything around him. But i do have a theory that Urahara is going to use the VR or do something to stop a later threat from Aizen
    Urahara was hiding all the time until he attacked so i really don't think Kirge noticed that he was there, he saw Ichigo, Nel, Inoue and maybe Sado (don't remember about him) but not Urahara. We know that he is a master at hiding his presence. And about him not killing Kirge, that doesn't mean that he couldn't, maybe he just chose not to kill him for whatever reason.

Can you pls tell me where it is stated that Harribel can help hollows become arrancar in a short amount of time, i can't remember that.

I admit that it's possible that they didn't include him in 5 war potentials because they don't know much about him. He has always worked from the shadows, never showing more than he wanted others to see so he is still a mystery to other characters in bleach as he is to us.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara was hiding all the time until he attacked so i really don't think Kirge noticed that he was there, he saw Ichigo, Nel, Inoue and maybe Sado (don't remember about him) but not Urahara. We know that he is a master at hiding his presence. And about him not killing Kirge, that doesn't mean that he couldn't, maybe he just chose not to kill him for whatever reason.

Can you pls tell me where it is stated that Harribel can help hollows become arrancar in a short amount of time, i can't remember that.

I admit that it's possible that they didn't include him in 5 war potentials because they don't know much about him. He has always worked from the shadows, never showing more than he wanted others to see so he is still a mystery to other characters in bleach as he is to us.
    Its not stated but implied, we know most the original arrancar took century's to become what they were, then we take into account the 1st VR encounter ichigo had was an Arrancar turned VR, plus he was an unknown and young in that case, and we can take into account that the timeskip was merely 2 years this in no way is enough time for hollow to become arrancar
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast