Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Phoenix View Post
    2. - Kukaku Shiba - As well as her intelligence, she also lacks the weakness of having Bankai as her greatest asset as is already strong with her proficiency is Kido and physical strength. Although my reasoning goes a bit deeper than that. If the theory that Yhwach wants to bring the 5 SWPs together to attack the Royal Guard/Soul King then she would be a key factor in this. If that is his goal then he would need to have some way to get there and the Tenchuran would be the best choice. But if attacking the Soul King isn't part of Yhwach's plan, although I don't see why it wouldn't be since he will have to do that at some point, then I doubt she'd be considered special by him.
    I think your on to something with Kukaku, just purely because if indeed Ywach/Juha is after the Soul Kings throne (my opinion is he isn't) he would need a way there, Considering she has the facilities to be capable of such feats this would make sense, not only that but i think the Shiba family as a whole are actually deeper then we originally think. In some respects i think noble families as a whole play a huge role in this Arc and the Shiba are at the foot of it.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tempest Phoenix's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    I think your on to something with Kukaku, just purely because if indeed Ywach/Juha is after the Soul Kings throne (my opinion is he isn't) he would need a way there, Considering she has the facilities to be capable of such feats this would make sense, not only that but i think the Shiba family as a whole are actually deeper then we originally think. In some respects i think noble families as a whole play a huge role in this Arc and the Shiba are at the foot of it.
    Now that I think about it, there's not been any indication as to why the Shiba Clan lost their status as a Noble House. I know they lost their only Shinigami "representatives" in quite a short space of time but that shouldn't have been an issue since, as far as we know, two out of the four current Noble Houses don't have any either. I'm not saying it's relative to Yhwach's possible use for Kukaku but it is quite strange. Perhaps they developed a tendency to want to go against the best wishes of the Gotei 13/Soul Society in general? I mean Ganju despised Shinigami before he met Ichigo, but if they were considered dangerous they would have all been taken care of. For all we know Kukaku is actually training the 3 Fullbringers to fight for Yhwach and the reason she thought her Uncle would be "disappointed" is because she's under the impression he wants Ichigo to fight for the Quincy? I know it's pretty farfetched, but it's merely food for thought and not something I think holds any truth to it.

Actually, another thing I've just thought about is Haschwalth actually pointed out Byakuya's "death." It could have just been because he was injured the most, but quite a few of the captains were at their deathbeds, i.e. Komamura, but Byakuya was the only one pointed out. Maybe you're right about the Noble Houses being of importance.
    Last edited by Tempest Phoenix; June 30, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Phoenix View Post
    Now that I think about it, there's not been any indication as to why the Shiba Clan lost their status as a Noble House. I know they lost their only Shinigami "representatives" in quite a short space of time but that shouldn't have been an issue since, as far as we know, two out of the four current Noble Houses don't have any either. I'm not saying it's relative to Yhwach's possible use for Kukaku but it is quite strange. Perhaps they developed a tendency to want to go against the best wishes of the Gotei 13/Soul Society in general? I mean Ganju despised Shinigami before he met Ichigo, but if they were considered dangerous they would have all been taken care of. For all we know Kukaku is actually training the 3 Fullbringers to fight for Yhwach and the reason she thought her Uncle would be "disappointed" is because she's under the impression he wants Ichigo to fight for the Quincy? I know it's pretty farfetched, but it's merely food for thought and not something I think holds any truth to it.

Actually, another thing I've just thought about is Haschwalth actually pointed out Byakuya's "death." It could have just been because he was injured the most, but quite a few of the captains were at their deathbeds, i.e. Komamura, but Byakuya was the only one pointed out. Maybe you're right about the Noble Houses being of importance.
    They lost Kaien, they lost Isshin, nobody else was strong enough to be a head, nobody was strong enough to hold place in G13. They just became so pathetically weak, that they weren't worth being nobles. Of course Ganju would hate Shinigamis for that decision. It wasn't just to make them nobodies because they lacked power. If Kukaku was working with Bach, she would be sooo dead. It doesn't even make sense. Of course "Uncle" would be dissappointed if he didn't have a chance to explain everything and he got to know about his mother and all from strangers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lyght View Post
    ichigo is a quincy and aizen isnt a shinigami any more so...
    i think uuryu can be one and the other might be urahara
    Oh, I forgot to say about Ichigo that whilst he is part Quincy, he effectively functions like a Shinigami. His powers take the form of a Zanpakuto and as far as we know, all the Hollows he's killed are purified and sent to SS, putting him on the Shinigami side of the two groups' main difference.

On Aizen, I'm not sure if he lost his Shinigami power or not. His Kyoka Suigetsu vanished when he lost his Transcendent powers, but it isn't clear what actually happened with him, other than his Hogyoku-given powers disappearing. I was convinced that he lost all of his powers entirely, but that's not necessarily the case. He's still a SWP for some reason. If he was powerless Yhwach would have determined so when he met him, but evidently he's still on the list.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    They lost Kaien, they lost Isshin, nobody else was strong enough to be a head, nobody was strong enough to hold place in G13. They just became so pathetically weak, that they weren't worth being nobles. Of course Ganju would hate Shinigamis for that decision. It wasn't just to make them nobodies because they lacked power. If Kukaku was working with Bach, she would be sooo dead. It doesn't even make sense. Of course "Uncle" would be dissappointed if he didn't have a chance to explain everything and he got to know about his mother and all from strangers.
    Your confusing the situation with Shiba or any other clan in league with Ywach, now if you talk about recent nobility within the Goeti 13 then yes i do believe it could be possible with all that is really going on.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Oh, I forgot to say about Ichigo that whilst he is part Quincy, he effectively functions like a Shinigami. His powers take the form of a Zanpakuto and as far as we know, all the Hollows he's killed are purified and sent to SS, putting him on the Shinigami side of the two groups' main difference.

On Aizen, I'm not sure if he lost his Shinigami power or not. His Kyoka Suigetsu vanished when he lost his Transcendent powers, but it isn't clear what actually happened with him, other than his Hogyoku-given powers disappearing. I was convinced that he lost all of his powers entirely, but that's not necessarily the case. He's still a SWP for some reason. If he was powerless Yhwach would have determined so when he met him, but evidently he's still on the list.
    From what I can see, he lost his Kyoka Suigetsu (as in his Zanpakutou/Asauchi), but he hasn't lost his powers whatsoever; he's basically been disarmed. It's evident that his powers still remain, as he managed to alter Juhabach's perception; he just can't manifest this power as effectively as he's lost his Asauchi...

...Wait a minute...he created the White Hollow didn't he? If Aizen has a White Hollow hidden somewhere in the Soul Society, he might be able to subject himself to it and regain his Zanpakutou (although it may be slightly different due to the fact that its being manifested by a White Hollow rather than an Asauchi)...
    Predictions
    • Quincies become latent Shinigami when they die, meaning Yhwach is the progenitor of the Shinigami too.
    • The star and name "Quincy" refers to the 5 Royal Guards and the Soul King; this originates in Yhwach wanting to overthrow him.
    • The final battle within the Seireitei will be between Zaraki and Haschwalth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

We can officially add Uryuu Ishida now among the 5 War Potentials.

1-Ichigo Kurosaki
    2-Zaraki Kenpachi
    3-Uryuu Ishida
    4-
    5-

2 more to go!!!
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    We can officially add Uryuu Ishida now among the 5 War Potentials.

1-Ichigo Kurosaki
    2-Zaraki Kenpachi
    3-Uryuu Ishida
    4-
    5-

2 more to go!!!

Where did you get that Uryuu is a SWP ? Also Aizen is a confirmed SWP.
    My money is on
    4. Kisuke Urahara
    5. Yoruichi Shihouin

Other candidates :
    5. ? Ryuken/Uryuu/Isshin/Unohana/Mayuri ?

Reasons :
    - Kisuke : pretty obvious. without the guy, Aizen couldn't have been defeated, even with all of Ichigo's power. He also is the greatest genius of SS, and the one who will probably devise a way to counter the bankai-stealing medallions. In terms of fighting ability, let's not forget he one-shotted Kirge in the coolest way possible ("what, SS is attacked and getting its ass handed to it ? all right playtime's over, let's not waste more time on a guy who is only barely weaker than bankai-Ichigo. bam, he's dead. oh and hey thank you, Ichigo-chan, sure it was all thanks to you...")

- Yoruichi : without bankai, her fighting ability is still greater than captain-level. she owned Soi Fon, she owned Byakuya, she fought transcendental Aizen bare-handed and lived to tell. Also she might not have shown yet all she's got.

- Ryuken : possibly the most powerful quincy currently. the fact that JB said that Uryuu is the last true quincy alive is however weird : Ryuken is a pureblood quincy (whereas Uryuu is only three quarter pure, it seems) and he still has powers. Has he already been killed secretely by the VR ? Or is JB unaware of his existence ? Unlikely, since he knows about Uryuu. There is something going on there...

- Uryuu : it's very possible, especially if JB is fully aware that Uryuu is trying to play games.

- Isshin : a very powerful shinigami, who is not molded anymore by SS's way of thinking and who might have exclusive intel on quincies. Kind of an unpredictable variable. Stronger than shinigami-Aizen !

- Unohana : might not be dead (I will always hope !) and even if she is, she wasn't when JB made the list. An extremely powerful shinigami, with potentially the bloodthirst of the original captains which Yamamoto lost, and a very powerful healer, which made her a precious asset and a natural target for the first invasion (go for the healer first, as always !)

- Mayuri : second smartest guy. Could have figured out the bankai stealing device. Has already experimented on quincies.

As much as I'm a fan of Kyoraku, I don't think he is one of them. His exact power level is not precisely known yet, but if Yamamoto's power wasn't enough to get him on the list, I don't see how Kyoraku's could. Besides raw power, Kyoraku certainly is very sly and intelligent, and has a kind of ruthlessness that will probably be handy, but again I don't think that is enough.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    From what I can see, he lost his Kyoka Suigetsu (as in his Zanpakutou/Asauchi), but he hasn't lost his powers whatsoever; he's basically been disarmed. It's evident that his powers still remain, as he managed to alter Juhabach's perception; he just can't manifest this power as effectively as he's lost his Asauchi...

...Wait a minute...he created the White Hollow didn't he? If Aizen has a White Hollow hidden somewhere in the Soul Society, he might be able to subject himself to it and regain his Zanpakutou (although it may be slightly different due to the fact that its being manifested by a White Hollow rather than an Asauchi)...
    with what he said when ichigo FGT him, he was also fusing with his zan, so his zampakuto cannot be removed, it is already one with him, even if its power is locked away by the seal, however i do not think the powers he already had from kioka suigetsu have been locked by the seal, he altered ywachs perception of time, i think this is very indicative of him retaining kyoka suigetsus power somehow, i have a theory that might explain this and the bankai theft and what as nodt said, maybe when you loose you zan spirit or become isolated form it, you dont loose the ability to use shikai, since it does not depend on materializing you zan spirit you can use shikai so long as you learned it and are still a shinigamy, thus even in his most sealed state, aizen still has kioka suigetsus power, he is only sealed form using his bankai.
    well that is my theory, what do you think?
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

New Reply
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24