Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Actually, another thing I've just thought about is Haschwalth actually pointed out Byakuya's "death." It could have just been because he was injured the most, but quite a few of the captains were at their deathbeds, i.e. Komamura, but Byakuya was the only one pointed out. Maybe you're right about the Noble Houses being of importance.
Last edited by Tempest Phoenix; June 30, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
On Aizen, I'm not sure if he lost his Shinigami power or not. His Kyoka Suigetsu vanished when he lost his Transcendent powers, but it isn't clear what actually happened with him, other than his Hogyoku-given powers disappearing. I was convinced that he lost all of his powers entirely, but that's not necessarily the case. He's still a SWP for some reason. If he was powerless Yhwach would have determined so when he met him, but evidently he's still on the list.
...Wait a minute...he created the White Hollow didn't he? If Aizen has a White Hollow hidden somewhere in the Soul Society, he might be able to subject himself to it and regain his Zanpakutou (although it may be slightly different due to the fact that its being manifested by a White Hollow rather than an Asauchi)...
We can officially add Uryuu Ishida now among the 5 War Potentials.
2 more to go!!!
Where did you get that Uryuu is a SWP ? Also Aizen is a confirmed SWP.
My money is on
4. Kisuke Urahara
5. Yoruichi Shihouin
Other candidates :
5. ? Ryuken/Uryuu/Isshin/Unohana/Mayuri ?
- Kisuke : pretty obvious. without the guy, Aizen couldn't have been defeated, even with all of Ichigo's power. He also is the greatest genius of SS, and the one who will probably devise a way to counter the bankai-stealing medallions. In terms of fighting ability, let's not forget he one-shotted Kirge in the coolest way possible ("what, SS is attacked and getting its ass handed to it ? all right playtime's over, let's not waste more time on a guy who is only barely weaker than bankai-Ichigo. bam, he's dead. oh and hey thank you, Ichigo-chan, sure it was all thanks to you...")
- Yoruichi : without bankai, her fighting ability is still greater than captain-level. she owned Soi Fon, she owned Byakuya, she fought transcendental Aizen bare-handed and lived to tell. Also she might not have shown yet all she's got.
- Ryuken : possibly the most powerful quincy currently. the fact that JB said that Uryuu is the last true quincy alive is however weird : Ryuken is a pureblood quincy (whereas Uryuu is only three quarter pure, it seems) and he still has powers. Has he already been killed secretely by the VR ? Or is JB unaware of his existence ? Unlikely, since he knows about Uryuu. There is something going on there...
- Uryuu : it's very possible, especially if JB is fully aware that Uryuu is trying to play games.
- Isshin : a very powerful shinigami, who is not molded anymore by SS's way of thinking and who might have exclusive intel on quincies. Kind of an unpredictable variable. Stronger than shinigami-Aizen !
- Unohana : might not be dead (I will always hope !) and even if she is, she wasn't when JB made the list. An extremely powerful shinigami, with potentially the bloodthirst of the original captains which Yamamoto lost, and a very powerful healer, which made her a precious asset and a natural target for the first invasion (go for the healer first, as always !)
- Mayuri : second smartest guy. Could have figured out the bankai stealing device. Has already experimented on quincies.
As much as I'm a fan of Kyoraku, I don't think he is one of them. His exact power level is not precisely known yet, but if Yamamoto's power wasn't enough to get him on the list, I don't see how Kyoraku's could. Besides raw power, Kyoraku certainly is very sly and intelligent, and has a kind of ruthlessness that will probably be handy, but again I don't think that is enough.
well that is my theory, what do you think?
Now this has probably annoyed some people since its a bumped thread
But since the 5 SWP's are relevant i think some thing's need discussing.
We know 3(possibly 4 maybe even 5 at a stretch) Ichigo, Zaraki, Aizen these are 100%. 4th is more likely to be Uyruu then anyone else, and it could kind of fit with my 5th choice which is Haschwald. So i'm thinking these two due to the way they are going to SK with Jahabach it makes sense since they have potential plus they are at war and Uryuu thinks he's ultra spesh 'licht regen'.
We kind of know some of whats happening with who they are. What we aren't 100% sure why Juhabach plans to have them. Yet we see him not really care about Zaraki,Ichigo,Aizen.
Uryuu is not a SWP, because his place amongst Ywhach is "succession", whereas, Aizen, Ichigo and Zaraki are disposable because of their temporary advantages they have, due to their special abilities.
The SWP selection could be grouped specifically to deal with the Zero Division, so Yhwach, can easily face off against the King of Souls.
I dont' kow if it has already been said before. But I think the 2 remaining war powers are Kugo Ginjo and Tsukishima.
Kugo Ginjo because he might be an hybrid with fullbring hollow like powers, and maybe powerful shinigami powers.
And Tsukishima with the most deadliest weapon of all Book of the End, and the ability to know everything about anything and anyone, and to minduck some quincies.
You seem adamant that Uryuu isn't a war potential, yet you mention the SWP's could be grouped to defeat the RG. When we 1st saw Uyruu get his letter. Juha stated that the rest would later see his strength, plus he was the last living quincy. Not only does that suggest he will fight an RG later on but we get confirmation in this weeks chapter that 3 of them are going.
One thing i forgot to mention in my last post, Zaraki fought Ichigo and killed him, if it wasn't for Zangetbach saving him he'd of died, Aizen later fought ichigo in his FGT mode and survived only to be trapped by Urahara. Lastly we have Ichigo as the so called leader of the SWP's. My thoughts here are Juha knows 100% that Ichigo is a hybrid of quincy and shinigami, he also must know that Aizen is the genius behind it, Zaraki was around back when Unohana was an ultra badass and even fought her as an infant, this was back during the slaughter of the quincy or even longer we aren't 100% clear on the dates since it wasn't stated but was a flash back for someone who was around fighting 1000 years ago. Bach also must have now that to be a true successor to the Kenpachi title one must kill the Kenpachi before them but also that Zaraki would inevitably kill Retsu to gain that title, that is no small feat as we saw but my question is how did Juha come to that conclusion? how did he know Zaraki's potential?
The last two i stated in the post above being Uyruu and Haschwald, Jugo has an ability that is for all we know a tied turner in battles that aren't in his favour. That is a pretty impressive ability and a possible RG killer on its own, Uyruu is difficult since everytime we saw him fight when he was not a SR he was thrown about like a rag doll. But he does have talents.
In my views there really isn't anyone else that fits the bills when it comes to being SWP's. Only other 2 i can think of is Urahara and Oriheme but they still to e seem unlikely since i doubt those two would do much damage to RG. If indeed that is the reason why SWP's are classed.
What if the SWP are only meant to succeed the old RG, if Juha wants the throne then he would want new guards surely. If he does take the throne i think 2 of the 3 SWP's could actually turn and say yes those being Zaraki and Aizen. Aizen due to him not being able to do it and he now sees Juha as a better king. Zaraki because he's a battle hungry nutcase.
I know i'm not correct on much but it is actually something that can be dwelled on and thoerised over
I'd have thought the SWPs were supposed to be aimed at the RG, but going by Yhwach's latest moves it seems like he doesn't really need them in the Royal Realm, which makes me wonder what he wanted them for in the first place. I get the sense his plans go beyond storming the Royal Realm, but I can't imagine what.
I doubt that the special 5 war potentials have anything to do like fight for Bach.
Zaraki would NEVER side with Bach, if anything he wants to fight him now more than ever. Not to mention that he has real feelings about his subordinates, not to mention he is friends/rival with Byakuya and Ichigo. There is absolutely no chance that Zaraki would fight for Bach no matter what he offered. He enjoys fighting but there are certain things that he respects.
Ichigo would never EVER fight for Bach, no matter what he was and what he offered. Ichigo is extremely affiliated with SS and owns them a great deal. He truly accepted his shinigami duties. Not to mention he was blazing with fury towards Bach. Ichigo could potentially fight against the Soul King but would avoid fighting with the Gotei 13 or the Royal Guard.
Aizen is Aizen. He follows no one but himself, and that's all there is to it.
So it all comes down to this, SWP are ranked based on some form of special power they have that truly makes them dangerous towards the goals of Bach. They are individuals that have the power or means to mess up or completely stop Bach plans.
On Ichigos case it's pretty obvious what that special power is. He is a Quincy-Shinigami-Human-Hollow-Fullbringer hybrid.
On Aizens case it's because he is extremely smart, extremely powerful, extremely influential, has a hax ability not to mention being immortal on top of all that.
On Zarakis case we don't know for sure yet. Sure Zaraki is a total monster when it comes to power but there must be something more with him that makes him SWP. There is still some digging to be done with Zarakis back story.