Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

I don't think Aizen is a war potential for the sole reason that he is in jail. Unless VR is planning to help Aizen escape from underground prison, there is no reason for them to include Aizen in their priority list. Actually, according to Quilge, VR considers Aizen dead. War potentials don't seem to be potential allies either, I have no idea where Aizen fits in VR's plans.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I place my bet in Ishida and Mayuri being war potentials. They are the ones that knows the most about quincies. Furthermore, This arc is all about Ishida. Note how he has been missing and how Opie said that he shouldn't talk too much about Ishida with Ichigo.

Same for Mayuri, he is the most knowledgeable person in SS about quincies. And lets not forget about the stuffs he found in Szayel's lab and load them in a wagon to be brought back to SS. Considering that this is the final arc, i believe that whatever was found in that lab would be crucial in the war.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, with ulquiorra being 4th and yami being 0 I kinda doubt urahara and yoruichi would have won that one. Yami in particular gave kenpachi and byakuya a lot of trouble, they were actually heavily wounded by the time they returned to SS (even if they pretended the opposite).
    Him being 4th and Yammi being 0 really meant nothing. He told Yammi that he would not do much against those two anyway.

Aizen admitted that Urahara could kill him, and so far only strong people have been able to burst out 90 lvl Kidos or even make Aizen flinch. Think about this, Urahara must be damn confident in his abilities and plans to show up at the very last minute just as Aizen was transforming and yet did not seem phased by the initial transformation. Even Isshin came after all the captains were defeated. Arriving late doesnt mean much nor take anything away from them/him.

Urahara IMO is strong, I dont understand why people underestimate him, so badly that they put him in the same league as Byakuya.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Being able to use level 90th kido only means that, you are able to use level 90th kido. And while it is without a doubt useful, the actual power it has depends on the person who uses it. In itself using high level kido is not an indication of actually having a lot of power behind it basically. In the end urahara being capable of said kido does not even suggest he has reiatsu stronger than byakuya. Take a look at hachi. He can probably pull consecutive fully powered level 90th kido and he probably does not have captain level reiatsu without his mask.

And for urahara it does mean something to get there late. Why in the world was there a benefit for him to get there at that particular point? Is there an indication that he was doing anything else? Why deal with aizen alone when he could have helped the captains so as to have the captains back him up in his plans? He believed aizen to be immortal and he chooses to fight him alone rather than with the other captains? at least ishin could have had reasons for not wanting to be seen by the captains but how is it a good plan to appear at the last moment to use some kidos which would work if aizen for some reason stops being godlike? Its not like urahara even did anything there. He did not even stall aizen on his plans, he merely set up a couple of kido to which aizen was effectively immune too?

No one is saying urahara is not strong, he is, but he is not as powerful as aizen (he is just as smart or perhaps smarter), he is not as strong as yama and he is not at a level where he would be out of the league of any particular captain.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Kkck

I guess we will have to wait and see in the manga.

But take into account that Aizen did say that Urahara could kill him and was quite shocked or atleast seemed threatened that Urahara was about to use a full incantation.

We have yet to see a weak character bust out such a high level Kido, infact it seemed out of the ordinary for someone to posses such high knowledge or power (if i rememeber correctly when Aizen used it both times against Tessai and Komamura)

Aizen was wary enough to try and stop Urahara from using a level 90 Kido. Which then made Aizen transform. In terms of power, though not really a testimonial, Urahara was able to toy with Yammi and in the TBTP Aizen was extremely wary of him.

Its like saying Shinji is not a cut above the usual captains.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, right after aizen supposedly trying to stop that 90th level kido we had urahara saying aizen was careless. And aizen did kinda take that kido full on when everything suggest that his speed and KS should have been enough to dodge the kido. I don't think we can really tell exactly how wary aizen was.

To be fair, kido is in itself an incredibly rare skill. Still, we have hachi who as far as we know is not actually on part with the actual captains and yet he uses high level kido rather casually. Still, more important than having high level kido here is having a butload of reiatsu. Even if there are people capable of high level kido among the non normally seen shinigami we are not likely to see them since they wouldn't have the reiatsu for their level 90th kido to matter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 504 Discussion / 505 Predictions

Guys i just reread some of the earlier cbapters of this arc and refreshed my mind on these "5 special war potentials".
    We know that Ichigo is one of them and since we know that his bankai cant be stolen by the quincy, it leads me to assume that these special war potentials are probably all beings that either cant have their bankai stolen, or are incredibly strong even without their bankai, thus being more of a threat to the Vandenreich than the usual captain.

My guess is the 5 special war potentials are:
    1. Ichigo because his bankai cant be stolen for some reason
    2. Yamamoto because he can wipe anyones ass without his bankai
    3. Aizen, because he can wipe anyones ass without his bankai (its the perfect setup for him to return)
    4. Ishida Uryuu (there was some kind of foreshadowing during the fight of Ichigo vs Ivan)
    5. Zaraki Kenpachi?

Im really struggling at figuring out who these 5 special war potentials could be.
    Last edited by gh0un; August 29, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gh0un View Post
    Guys i just reread some of the earlier cbapters of this arc and refreshed my mind on these "5 special war potentials".
    We know that Ichigo is one of them and since we know that his bankai cant be stolen by the quincy, it leads me to assume that these special war potentials are probably all beings that either cant have their bankai stolen, or are incredibly strong even without their bankai, thus being more of a threat to the Vandenreich than the usual captain.

3. Aizen, because he can wipe anyones ass without his bankai (its the perfect setup for him to return)
    4. Ishida Uryuu (there was some kind of foreshadowing during the fight of Ichigo vs Ivan)
    5. Urahara Kisuke?

Im really struggling at figuring out who these 5 special war potentials could be.
    Well I know a few of the characters i'm about to name haven't played that much of a role in the series, but i think it would be a good way for them to play a bigger role. I think the five war potentitals are the Vizards. I mean if we look at "war potentials" its not necessarily combat ability, special abilities, or reitsu levels. It could be just the simple fact that their Bankai's can't be stolen and the Quincy medallion is useless. Thus they're the wildcards. I mean if i try to think about it logically Ichigo couldn't have his Bankai stolen. So what do Shinji, Rōjūrō, Love, Kensei, and Ichigo all have in common? They're all captain level shinigami who can bankai. What if their hollow powers somewhat negate the Quincy medallion and thus they're bankai's cant be stolen.

So my list is:

1) Ichigo
    2) Shinji
    3) Rose
    4) Love
    5) Kensei

Remember my theory isn't just about power (since I think poor Kensei got pwned by WW off panel) but the fact they may have something the Quincy can't take.

The only ones I'd substitue are Kenpachi, Inoue, and Ishida.

Kenpachi - if you read bleach this needs no explanation
    Inoue - power to reject = godlike powers, needs no explanataion
    Ishida - Can't remember for sure but didn't Kirge say something like there's no way he could be stronger than Ishida?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gh0un View Post

5. Urahara Kisuke?

The reason Ichigo is a war potential is because he can use bankai, which means his fight potential increases dramatically. Kirge already implied that going Volstandig against a bankai is useless as all they can do is use defensive blut. But that must be a specific case, maybe Ishida and Ryuken could be war potentials if they manage to get their hands on a glove.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo - Cant steal his BK
    Urahara - Doesnt need BK, very smart and calculating
    Ichigo's Dad - Same as Ichigo
    Yama - Can fight without BK
    Kenpatchi - No BK to steal, can fight without one.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    And for urahara it does mean something to get there late. Why in the world was there a benefit for him to get there at that particular point? Is there an indication that he was doing anything else? Why deal with aizen alone when he could have helped the captains so as to have the captains back him up in his plans? He believed aizen to be immortal and he chooses to fight him alone rather than with the other captains? at least ishin could have had reasons for not wanting to be seen by the captains but how is it a good plan to appear at the last moment to use some kidos which would work if aizen for some reason stops being godlike? Its not like urahara even did anything there. He did not even stall aizen on his plans, he merely set up a couple of kido to which aizen was effectively immune too?

i dont know what you have with urahara ...but we both know that was urahara's plan . there was no luck , things WENT THE WAY HE WANTED

as for you saying that urahara isnt strong enough to be a war potentiel ...well just tell me , who sealed aizen? urahara is the brain and ichigo is the brawn , and that has been the case since chapter 1
    i dont really care wether he is a war potentiel or not (in case he isnt , then the quincies leader is a retard) but i'm sure it will be his plan that will finish off the quincies
    and btw, he isnt as smart as aizen , since aizen with all his arrogance admited he was inferior to urahara in terms of intelligence

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

actually... maybe the king is more intelligent than he gives the impression . ichigo reached a level agasint aizen that would allow him to one shot every single quincy then headbutt defeat the king (clearly he isn't anymore , but certainly he will become at the end of the arc/manga )
    so that would make the 4 other war potentiels people with far ,far more strengh than your average captain ...
    1- ichigo is comfirmed
    2- maybe yama ???? 90% sure he is one , at least he beat the shit out of the king during their last meeting
    3- now it gets hard to tell .............ishin ?because he knows how to use final getsuga tenshou and would also be able to one shot everyone ...and actually i think he is still capable of toying with every single VR with shikai alone(exept the king , to whom he might even lose since this is the last villain)
    4-urahara maybe? if the king is well informed about ichigo, then the mastermind behind everything might scare him too
    5- ishida?? kirge even admitted he should be inferior to ishida in terms of strengh ... he spoke of it in a way that made it look like ishida was like the VR king ,if you know what i mean .

perhaps ryuken?being ishin's rival and a quincy i would expect him to beat easily every single VR exept the king
    orihime ? maybe not since the king didnt say that they had 2 war potentiels in HM . ofc , i'm expecting him to know that orihime follows ichigo like his shadow , otherwise she could still be a war potentiel
    but regardless of the king's opinion , orihime should be a war potentiel ... she could restore bankais to the captains and bring the deads to life ... her lack of super-natural strengh is her only problem , but i doubt you can touch her before ichigo one shot you
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The extent to which we can reasonably assume urahara planned for something was that he set up the kidos inside aizen. I don't see what else he could have possibly planned for. Really, what else is there? I guess he could have conceivably planned that if his kidos were to fail when initially applied (which they in fact did) he could fight aizen to a point where the kidos would work however if that was the case then he would have failed miserably as he would have never gotten to a point where his kido worked. Assuming everything went the way urahara planned for there are still many issues. I can buy urahara conceiving in his mind that aizen would become immortal. What I cannot even fathom is urahara planning to be defeated by aizen alongside yoruichi and ishin, then predicting aizen would destroy the train in dangai thus allowing ichigo precisely the amount of time he would need to rise to a new dimension of power(which is also precisely matches the amount of power ishin would have left after his prolonged confrontation with aizen) thus leading to an epic fight with aizen which would result in aizen losing his power due to strong inner emotional issues thus allowing the previously failed kido to take effect. That would not even qualify as planning. That would be witchcraft and urahara would be a witch with the ability to look into the future and see different scenarios. Or what else did urahara plan? Was it within his calculations that aizen would slaughter the captains in battle? Was it among his plans that yamamoto would go suicidal on aizen rather than fight him? Was it among his plans that yamamoto would have his zampakuto seal by wonderweiss? Was it among his plans that wonderweiss would explode with yamamoto's power thus putting at risk even his own life?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishida isn't a war potential - he's not suposed to be involved on this war. His father forbid him to involve with Shinigamis for the sole reason he knew what was going to happen.

Urahara and Orihime aren't either because the only potential mentioned was Ichigo, who was with them at that time.

And I don't think "war potential" means people who are powerful. It means someone who have potential to cause trouble to the SR. So I would exclude obvious names like Kenpachi, Yama etc.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah because urahara wouldnt cause troubles ...
    orihime goes whenever ichigo does, urahara doesnt ...he didnt show himself to kirge who reported about ichigo's whearabouts to the king
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Kenpachi has already been proven to be a war potential. not surprised there. I alway's thought of him as one since he alway's had captain class strength without even goin bankai.

New Reply
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast