Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    Looks like Kenpachi has already been proven to be a war potential. not surprised there. I alway's thought of him as one since he alway's had captain class strength without even goin bankai.
    Are you sure? I've been wondering about this since the chapter came out. In one translation i see Bach says he's a war potential and the other just comments on his strength.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c505/17.html

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/46297151/20

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    Are you sure? I've been wondering about this since the chapter came out. In one translation i see Bach says he's a war potential and the other just comments on his strength.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c505/17.html

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/46297151/20
    Someone already proved he said "war potential". At least he proved Bach called Kenpachi same as Kirge called Ichigo, and we translated that then as "war potential".

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Someone already proved he said "war potential". At least he proved Bach called Kenpachi same as Kirge called Ichigo, and we translated that then as "war potential".
    Ah ok. Then that leaves 3 then...If Yama-ji isn't one I'll be surprised.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I was 100% sure about Kenpachi. Not using a bankia and a monstrous reiatsu was enough to think him as one of the potentials. Urahara is another person I already mentioned. Yamamoto should be a potential too. His shikai alone is humongous.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

BadKarma's translation says that not only Kenpachi is a war potential but he is also war potential Number 1. It seems war potentials are indeed people with very high potential, I wonder if it means VR sees Kenpachi having more potential than other war potentials including Ichigo. Considering Ichigo is the main protagonist, it would be a bit weird though.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ichigo is war potential, than Isshin with his Engetsu is too. 2 left. I'm pretty sure it's Yamma and someone else. Well, war potentials might be people that are "other". Ichigo and Isshin and -getsu or Squad 0 thingy, Kenpachi and his power without bankai and... if it's judged by being "other" not by power, than Yama might not be war potential. Aaaand he will die, for sure. Make some room for Squad 0!

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I will not be surprised if Yamamoto isn't a war potential. Not that it's because Yamamoto lacks power but there's a possibility that these war potentials may be people who haven't realized their full potential yet. Under this assumption, even Hitsugaya is a better candidate than Yamamoto. If being a war potential is only a matter of strength, I guess we could find more powerful characters than Kenpachi.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

i kinda see your point ,
    shinigamis that can fight at/above kenpachi's level with shikai alone :
    shinji
    shunsui
    yama
    urahara
    ishin
    unohana (presumed)
    yoruichi
    and maybe even rose/kensei with their masks

why would kenpachi be a war potentiel?
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its basically as follows.
    Ichigo is the trump card. Hes clearly a quincy and thats why his bankai cant be stolen.
    Isshun simply because im sure he has a strong connection to the quincy seeing as how every arc we get to see something new from him.
    Ishida and his dad obvious traitors to the qunicy ranks so they will prove to be useful.
    Orihime shes a hack.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kenpachi is a war potential because he was "quite strong" in that novel which was confirmed to be canon. I mean, "quite strong" as in insanely powerful, and would probably be the strongest character around if he had access to bankai. Knowing that makes Bachbeard look quite scary, frankly. Difficult to say how long the fight took, but Kenpachi had the time to decide to take off his eyepatch so it can't have been a one-shot affair. I wonder how did Bachbeard beat him like that, was it just brute blute strength or some special ability like the one he used to discipline his subordinates apart?

Well, at least Ken~chan shouldn't be dead yet. He's still holding his sword (so this could be a funky moment for his awaited inner-world social call), and Kubo said he wants to go into more detail about his history. Heh, perhaps we get the mandatory pre-death flashback next chapter.

Had I been Kenpachi, I would have ran towards the Sternritters/Bachbeard while yelling "BAN...". I would've liked to see those expressions.

EDIT:
    "It was revealed in the Bleach novel “Spirits are always with you”, written by Ryohgo Narita, which was released recently. The power of his Shikai is that Zaraki automatically assumes the power of his enemy, no matter how strong or weak he is, Zaraki will always be on the same level. This was also hinted at during various occasions in the manga, when Zaraki talked about “feeling his blade getting sharper”. Kubo himself confirmed it to be correct in the afterword of the novel, and he was completely excited about it, because he didn’t think anyone would ever figure it out before he reveals it."
    Last edited by Aonsaithya; September 01, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

The term "potential", if there's no mistrandlation/ misintetpretation, refer to possible threats. If the Vr decides to attack Ss, theh must have had a pretty good idea about Yamo's power, so he would nit be a potential threat but an actual threat. The term "potential" here is for people who's power are incomprehendable for them. In such case, Ichigo and Kennybgits perfectly. Ichigo has those mysterious hollow/fullbring/fgt to them. While Kenny has huge potentisl to grow because he skipped many of shinigami's important power ups. Vr can never know if he's able to communicate with his zan and what is the extent of his potential once he does.

Base on those assumptions I agree with Miyagi about Hitsu since the Vr don't know the extent of his complete growth.
    Ishida has also been hinted as a major char in this arc, so he'll be a potential threat.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow, I could not agree with Kenpachi being war potential number 1. The other person we know, Ichigo should be stronger. May be VR has different means to gauge the opponents.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Somehow, I could not agree with Kenpachi being war potential number 1. The other person we know, Ichigo should be stronger. May be VR has different means to gauge the opponents.
    1= Weakest
    5= Strongest.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    1= Weakest
    5= Strongest.
    Makes sense. If people like Urahara or Isshin are among the 5 potentials, I can see it a feasible ranking system.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems I was wrong and Kenpachi is (was? ) a War Potential. Too bad he must have wasted time "enjoying the fight" and "adapting himself to the enemy's reiatsu" while a cool head Bach wiped him out on 1-hit K.O.

That leaves 3 potentials yet to be discovered...

New Reply
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast