Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57474-...apter-420.html
    that in my eye's suggests that ichigo, has become one with his zan which would also mean that the reason he lost his shinigami powers is because ichigo allowed zangetsu to pierce him with the zan become one complete soul... It was also stated back in the early arc's and also by isshin that a shinigami should not be judged by the size of his zan, but also that a shinigami's reishi or whatever should be associated with the actual size but they learn to keep it at a normal size or it would be the size of skyscrappers, i think that the zan materializes from a shinigami's soul and becomes a separate entity
    Last edited by devstauk; June 26, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe "Harribel" is one of the 5 war potentials. Afterall, she was the head of Hueco Mundo and taking her out gave them opportunity to expand their territory beyond their unknown location. That is a potential for advancement in a planned war on an enemy. I also, can understand why, Ichigo would be a perfect potential as well.

So far, I'm going with both "Harribel" and "Ichigo" as 2 of the 5 war potentials. I doubt, Aizen will be one. I would expect Inoue and Uyruu to be the other two.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My list: Ichigo, Aizen, Ishida, Zaraki, Yammy.

Ichigo - for whatever reason, his bankai was not stolen.

Aizen - the shinigami's whose bankai might be world changing (literally)

Ishida - the only old school Quincy with potential

Zaraki - no bankai to steal, massive physical strength and reiatsu to boot

Yammy - "I have a Iacto Arme" "We have a Hulk"
    Last edited by Linfone; June 22, 2012 at 09:05 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that at least a couple of the war potentials are perhaps characters we haven't seen yet. So far we know Ichigo is definitely one. Beyond that, I'm not sure why anyone else would potential be labeled a "war" potential. Maybe Kenpachi, but even still, he's just super strong. Nothing he can do ability-wise should present a problem for vandenreich from what we've seen. The vizards aren't too much stronger than the captains from what we saw in FKT and Isshin and Urahara are no different from the other shinigami which of who they're able to neutralize without much problem. I would think Aizen would be one simply because he has the hogyokyu attached to him, his immortal, and his smarter than virtually everyone else. So I'd say Ichigo, Aizen, and three people to be shown and named later...maybe Yamamoto as the third simply from the fact that about 7 of them appeared right in front of him, but even as strong as they are, they retreated...seeing how strong they are now and how they fair against the other captains, it goes to show you how much respect they must have for Yamamoto as a fighter seeing as how 7 of them still were unwilling to attack him when they seemingly had the advantage.
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo - I think everyone agrees on this one, mostly because his bankai somehow wasn't stolen
    Zaraki - no bankai to steal, the same reason; he's about as strong as a common captain with bankai
    Aizen - he's immortal, that makes him badass, but I'm not so sure if he could be a war potential for SS since he's their enemy
    Ishida - for Quincies, he can be a fearsome enemy, because he can exploit their weaknesses like no one else

Since we haven't seen the full extent of abilities of many strong Shinigami (Yama, Unohana, our mere handsome and sexy shopkeeper, Vizards, Ukitake etc.), it's hard for me to state anyone else I think could be a special war potential...

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Aizen is one of the war potentials because for some reason VR thinks he is dead. Kenpachi makes sense but I see it more likely that none of them is from SS.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So far other than Ichigo, I could think of Kenpachi, Yama, Isshin, and Urahara. Yama, Isshin, and Urahara are far dangerous even without bankai. Ishida or his dad could be also one of them. Ryuken especially looked powerful. Knowing how Quincy fights can also be a bonus for him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rikkaidai94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the top five war potentials are most likey Kisuke, Yoruichi, Ichigo, Isshin, and Toushirou. They have rly strong spiritual pressure and etc. I think they would be handy in wars since they have really good skills and so on.
    *AkayaKiraharaIsAwesome*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that the 5 war potentials are
    1. Ichigo - already stated as fact
    2 Isshin - he is 1 of the leaders of SS as stated by Kubo in the last but 1 question on this page
    3. Urahara - smartest being in bleach
    4. Kenny - eye patch will make VR under estimate him
    5. old man Yama - the big boss and reason for this war

Orihime is not war potential because of her personality, you can improve your powers but it will be a lot harder to change your personality

Also I believe that Ryuuken made Uuryu promise not to help the shinigami against the VR, that is why he isnt in my 5 war potentials
    Last edited by bleach fan 101; July 05, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What if, given the clue mentioned by Kirge, the War Potentials have some other ability that allows them to counteract Quincy abilities.

it's not just that Ichigo's bankai cannot be stolen, but also that his speed is beyond what the Quincy defenses can keep up with.

So... I assume that Kenpachi is a war potential only because he has no bankai to steal and because he is just a monster in fighting.

In terms of speed, I think we can say Grimmjow might be a war potential... Who knows if he's evolved in the time skip.

Aizen has not shown his bankai but I assume his advantage is Kyoka Suigetsu.

Urahara might not be a war potential, since Kirge did not mention his presence in Hueco Mundo to BB.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, perhaps harribel and grimmjow were war potentials then. That would explain why the king dealt with harribel himself. If they are not able to steal resurreccion (which is likely the case) then perhaps any arrancar is a potential threat to the stern rittern.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Ichigo was considered a "War Potential" before the Quincy found out they couldn't steal his Bankai? Probably so.

I'm guessing the "War Potentials" are strong people that the Quincy would otherwise want to avoid fighting if possible, since they attacked when they knew Ichigo was busy in Hueco Mundo. So maybe Ishida is one, because they don't know for sure if he'll help them or fight them? Maybe it just refers to potential threats.

Or maybe it refers to key people that Soul Society needs to wage war against the Quincy, like Yamamoto (super strong leader), Unohana (main healer), etc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad.
    We mustn't forget Chad, regardless of how useless and pointless he has been so far.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I maintain that orihime must be a war potential. Anyone who has power described as godlike and who has the power to resurrect the dead and can heal beyond what unohana can do should be at least a threat. Orihime in some forms has limitless potential here, even before the timeskip her power had limited boundaries. Healing nowadays should even be more efficient.

Chad is a possibility here. I think the fact that he lacks bankai is crucial. While at the moment he would not be worth much against the stern rittern he still has not fully developed his fullbring. I think that at some point chad is going to get a powerboost and from that point onward he is going to actually finish developing his fullbring. I also can't help but wonder if harribel was a war potential. It would kinda explain why they would take over HM. The emperor easily defeating harribel makes sense however the stern rittern being easily able to defeat resurreccion harribel not so much. I do kinda doubt that having bankai would be the sole deciding factor here though, there is something kinda off about that. So how about this list:

Ichigo
    Orihime
    chad
    Harribel
    kenpachi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

My guesses:
    • Ichigo - we still don't know why; we just assumed it's because his bankai can't be stolen, but I think there's gotta be more (maybe he's hollow form, maybe his origins, maybe his trascendental form... maybe all the above)
    • Zaraki - because he is a completely hax/op/cheat-mode character with no bankai and totally... powerful!
    • Uryuu - we still don't know why, but Kirge's words kinda hinted to Uryuu being a war potential
    • Aizen - if Aizen gets out and decides to kill the quincies... he WILL kill the quincies XD Also, I suspect his bankai is something absolutely unbelievable (not that he would ever need his bankai to pwn them all)
    • Haribel - because she's a strong arrancar with no stealable power (unless we're proven wrong about that too) and because thanks to her the Vandereich can produce as many arrancars as they want

Other possible war potentials are, of course, Isshin, Ryuuken, Yoruichi and Yamamoto and... Kon! No, ok... maybe Kon isn't a war potential Btw, wha the hell happened to Kon? Did Kubo forget about him?

New Reply
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast