Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

I am surprised at how few people consider orihime to actually be a choice here. Her ability alone is enough for her to be able to turn the tide on a war. I mean, just how many times was ichigo healed by her during the past war? If I recall he healed him after ulquiorra left him for dead, after the battle with grimmjow and after the final battle with ulquiorra (although she didn't get to finish). I mean, that was 3 times orihime managed to put ichigo back on the battlefield even though he was basically half dead after each fight. Lets not forget that ichigo was the one who managed to defeat grimmjow, ulquiorra and finally little old aizen. In many ways orihime's role was no less than deciding during the war. Its not like unohana could have taken her place either, she simply cannot heal people instantly (it was ultimately up to hiyori herself to recover, orihime wouldn't have had that problem). And orihime could end up doing the same again and considering her powers have developed during the past 2 years it would make sense that she is even better at it.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very difficult to predict who these five war potentials are, the thing is we don't know on what criteria they were chosen. If it's a matter of power, it makes sense that Orihime isn't on the list because she seems pretty useless in battle. She can't heal Ichigo if the person who defeats Ichigo kills her. Quincies are more aggressive in that regard, Quilge almost killed her twice, IMHO her abilities don't matter much under these circumstances. I guess even Unohana can be more useful against such enemies because she is not only very skillful at healing even the gravest injuries but can also protect herself if attacked.

If Orihime is one of the war potentials, I think it can be related to her being one of those humans with powers. There's a possibility that Ryūken, Ichigo, Uryū, Chad and Orihime are those five war potentials due to them posing a threat for some unknown reason. If that is the case, I guess Quilge would mention that Chad and Orihime were war potentials too because why would he bring up the issue when he was fighting Ichigo but keep his mouth shut when the other two were standing before him? Perhaps the five war potentials are Ichigo, Harribel, Kenpachi, Yamamoto and Ryūken, people who can fight at the level of bankai without fear of getting their powers stolen. There are many possibilities.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member RandomShikafan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am surprised at how few people consider orihime to actually be a choice here. Her ability alone is enough for her to be able to turn the tide on a war. I mean, just how many times was ichigo healed by her during the past war? If I recall he healed him after ulquiorra left him for dead, after the battle with grimmjow and after the final battle with ulquiorra (although she didn't get to finish). I mean, that was 3 times orihime managed to put ichigo back on the battlefield even though he was basically half dead after each fight. Lets not forget that ichigo was the one who managed to defeat grimmjow, ulquiorra and finally little old aizen. In many ways orihime's role was no less than deciding during the war. Its not like unohana could have taken her place either, she simply cannot heal people instantly (it was ultimately up to hiyori herself to recover, orihime wouldn't have had that problem). And orihime could end up doing the same again and considering her powers have developed during the past 2 years it would make sense that she is even better at it.
    Seems silly that they would succeed in getting another war potential caught in the trao but not comment on it and have Kirge die without revealing it. i mean if they are aware of Orihime, then I'm sure they are aware that she's friends Ichigo. At least I should hope so.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, so far urahara, chad and orihime did seem to have remained hidden from the quincy at large. I mean, they only noticed ichigo when he jumped right in front of kirge. I think it is fairly probable they simply did not notice the rest of the gang being there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the odds that the "Five Potentials" will be forgotten by the middle of this arc?
    Remember, during the Arrancar Arc, how Orihime was supposed to be the key character?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, kubo didn't actually forget about that. Lets take a look at aizen giving us the james bond special (albeit without the evil laugh at the end).
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-768-6/...apter-314.html

Aizen never meant for orihime to do anything with the orb. He only wanted everyone to think so so that SS shits it pants and makes a bunch of people go into HM where he could trap them. Basically, aizen lied through his teeth and everyone fell for it. Its not that kubo forgot about orihime during the arc, its just that aizen never actually needed her for what he said he did. He literally just used orihime's godlike abilities to scare everyone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it, the only "war potential" in the Bleach real world is Ichigo; and there are none in Soul Society. Unless Isshin and/or Ryuken were also visited off panel by representatives of the Vandenreich at the same time they declared war on Soul Society and Ivan visited Ichigo I couldn't think Buckbeard really worries about them. If Ishida, Chad or Orihime were considered "war potentials," I doubt that Ivan would've followed Ichigo away from his house when 3/4 of the possible people in question were still in the room. Also, Kirge didn't seem too worried when he faced to kill Urahara, Chad and Orihime... at least he seemed more worried about stopping Ichigo and then just mopping up the rest of whoever was left.

Seeing how they avoid Ichigo like the plague and makes all their plans around his actions to avoid him, and seeing how they think just stalling him is considered success, if any of the war potentials were in Soul Society, Buckbeard would have shown more caution in invading Soul Society instead of taking the Stern Ritter there and telling them to just kill everything without any specific strategy. For example, the first thing he would've done if there was a war potential in Soul Society would've been to have a way to deal with them while the Stern Ritter wreck the place.

I think at least some of the war potentials may be in places like hell and the dimension with the Royal Guard which have yet to be explored or explained in any detail. They're also most likely characters the Vandenreich doesn't want to run into for any reason.
    Last edited by Anduren; July 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why people assume that urahara and youruichi are war potentials. They're strong, but really they are not that impressive. Especially after the display that urahara has just shown.

Furthermore, if orihime or chad were war potentials, Kirge would have killed them right away.

My guess:
    Ichigo
    Yamamoto
    Ryukken
    Aizen
    Halibel

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Halibel is not a war potential, she is weak compare to a sterriter and posses no threat to Buck Beard.

1.Ichigo
    2. Kenpachi
    3. Aizen
    4. Isshin/Yama Or Zero Squad
    5. Ryuken/Ishida

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post
    Halibel is not a war potential, she is weak compare to a sterriter and posses no threat to Buck Beard.

1.Ichigo
    2. Kenpachi
    3. Aizen
    5. Ryuken/Ishida
    The only reason I said halibel is because I assume at least 1 hollow is a war potenital.

I don't think that the zero squad would be appearing soon, thus having them as a war potential is kind of strange.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if they was ever going to be a hollow war potential i bet is Grimmjow, And if he is the one that cut down Kirge then More so

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post

1.Ichigo
    2. Kenpachi
    3. Aizen
    5. Ryuken/Ishida
    I don't think harribel would be weak compared to the stern rittern. I don't see any reason in particular to think she is weak overall. Heck, as far as we know she was actually taken out by buckbeard, not the stern rittern. Harribel is a captain level arrancar, if she could join the fray and actually fight the stern rittern I would argue she would be remarkably useful.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If going by the "not seen the rest of the potentials" theory then lets take a look at who's not been seen so far:

1. Isshin, i think he may end up saving Kenny in the upcoming battle only to be revealed as a war potential (why because he knows BB's identity and how much shit SS is in)

2. Yorichi not really sure what she's been doing but hopefully its constructive like trying to find enemy territory, reasons for her being a potential shes a beast at hand to hand combat... duh!

3. Any of the Ishida's. Its a possibility, i mean they do know the techniques and obviously something about the VR due to what kirge said..... but that's still suggesting that the war potentials aren't based of the medallions....

4. Could be a possibility that Grimm was the main Arrancar they was looking for but instead found Herribel. If it was Grimm the reasons i would think is due to having previous battle experience with Ichigo

With that in mind and the way things are going in SS i truly believe VR really do not see anyone in SS as any kind of threat which in a way would make sense, they storm into Seireitei basically obliterate everything in sight until Zaraki pops his angry little head into the mix he in my mind is still a massive candidate for being one of these potentials.....
    Last edited by devstauk; July 30, 2012 at 03:32 AM.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I question how.beastly youruichi in hand to hand compared to yamamoto. It doesn't make sense that weaker shinigamis are listed as a war potential without referencing yama

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    I question how.beastly youruichi in hand to hand compared to yamamoto. It doesn't make sense that weaker shinigamis are listed as a war potential without referencing yama
    Reason i haven't included Yama is due to the fact BB has already fought him plus at the beginning of the arc he sent some low level VRs to see him if he was a war potential BB would be staying well away from him.

With that being said though yama is still a major beast
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast