Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

He sent almost a dozen fighters to declare war against yama and ss. And not one.of.them dared to attack yama while on the other hand, he felt comfortable leaving only kirge to handle ichigo, a war potential. That alone shows how high he holds yama

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think about Tessai or Hacchi? Hachhi might be a stretch, but Tessai is an exceedingly powerful captain class shinigami with unrivaled Kido prowess. Also we havent seen his shikai yet or almost anything, but in the Pendulum arc even Shinsui made a big deal that they were gonna send him to find the missing captains. Just sayin, you never know

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With the quincies mastery over spiritual particles, beating then with JUST kid may be difficult so no i don't think they are possible war potential

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda agree, Tessai mau not be a war potential, but I do think if he went all out except for going bankai, he would likely be more than a match for the majority of the sternriiter. He can teleport and stop time. But its going to be awhile befor his true abilities are revealed, but I do think he will be powerful.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I question whether a war potential would be among the gotei 13 to a great extent. The stern rittern went there with the intention of minimizing the power of every shinigami and fighting themselves at full strength. They waited for ichigo to be in HM because they thought that he alone would have the power to influence the outcome of the war more than a bunch of other people which is kinda consistent with what we have seen since he does have bankai and potentially godlike powers. So my idea is that a war potential should be someone who for some reason has the ability to singlehandedly affect considerably the outcome of the war as a whole. In this regard it would perhaps not make a lot of sense if the likes of urahara was a war potential because he is just a shinigami and while strong he is not strong to the point where the captains would seem weak in comparison. Even if the badge thing was not an issue urahara would still have a difficult battle against a proper stern rittern basically.

Now, if we are talking about people who have the power to singlehandedly influence the outcome of the war then perhaps we are dealing with less than ordinary people to say the least. I would argue that shinigami at large would not fall in this caterogy to a great extent. Without bankai they are basically supressing 90% of a shinigami's power so it wouldn't make sense for them to be such an overwhelming threat. If a shinigami is in the list then it would have to be someone so powerful that even without bankai he could fight evenly with a stern rittern at least. As shinigami that leaves merely yamamoto and ishin as far as we know.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Like a lot of you, i believe Orihime to be one of the war potential. Her powers if fully matured or developed properly would essentially make her a god. The power to reject any event is seriously broken. It would be logical if she was a war potential but not an immediate threat since she does not seem to be a "fighter"

I think Isshin is a given. The fact that he has yet to even show an ounce of his power and the fact that he gave Aizen who im sure the Vandenreich are aware of, a run for his money with nothing less than his sealed sword should really spark some reaction.

Thirdly i think Aizen is a war potential. They have no idea where he stands nor the full extent of his Shinigami/hybrid powers. And his Shikai is extremely hax.

Urahara IMO i would regard as a war potential. Regardless of which side im on. He is obviously loyal to the spirit king (who we do not know how he stands with the whole Quincy thing) and would probably eradicate anything that tries to threaten its existance (as he put it). And he is the smartest man and probably one of the strongest fighters who do not rely on theyre Bankai.

All the above i mentioned are not in SS and like a lot of you figured, it would be rather retarded for the Stern to invade when the "war potentials" are on the scene. It came across like they wanted to avoid confrontation with them at all cost, even going behind theyre words and waging war the moment they hear Ichigo is not in SS.

So that takes Yamaji and Zaraki out of the question.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Yamamoto is one since he's stronger then most shinigami in bankai with just his shikai.... And also Kenpachi because he doesn't have bankai to begin with and yet he's as strong as any shinigami in the bankai... So it's like Kanpachi is constantly in bankai... The latest chapter just showed this too... He had already taken out two Quincies... and is starting the fight with the leader... i mean we know that he will lose againts him or not even fight him, but still he could be one...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is
    1. Ichigo (confirmed lol)
    2. Urahara?
    3. Yourichi (better get a zanpaktuo soon)
    4. Kenpachi?
    5. Grimmjow or other Vasto Lordes possibly?
    maybe (hopefully not) Ichigo's sisters, Tatski, Orihime, Chad, lame-o's
    or Ishhin, Uuryu, Ryuken.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why people regard youruichi and urahara so highly. What in the manga has shown.them to be so powerful? Youruichi is mostly a close combat person. So even if she has a zanpaktou and uses it, it most likely won't increase any of her stats. It will probably be similar to soifon, a zanpaktou that fits her fighting style. And urahara is smart but nothing has shown.him to be high tier like someone like yama or the seniors

So it doesn't make sense.for either to be a war potential. I would place my bet more on orihime then them

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Not sure why people regard youruichi and urahara so highly. What in the manga has shown.them to be so powerful? Youruichi is mostly a close combat person. So even if she has a zanpaktou and uses it, it most likely won't increase any of her stats. It will probably be similar to soifon, a zanpaktou that fits her fighting style. And urahara is smart but nothing has shown.him to be high tier like someone like yama or the seniors

So it doesn't make sense.for either to be a war potential. I would place my bet more on orihime then them
    I mean aside from the fact that they fought Aizen on equal grounds when non of the captains ever could... And the fact that Aizen essentially acknowledged Urahara as being the one of the only people who would be able to kill him (aside from Gin) and the fact that Ulquiorra essentially said that they would lose had they fought those two (means that Aizen did warn them about them) even after commenting on them being handicapped.

So many things point towards them being weak

Its like saying Isshin is not strong because he hasnt shown much in the Manga. To me, going toe to toe with Aizen and atleast surviving against him without his pity is a big accomplishment. KS Aside, non of those captains (aside from Yama) would have done jack sht.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@jay u are a pretty reasonable poster but i have to really disagree with u here.

Against ss, Aizen didn't give them a chance to attack him, he used ks the whole time. It wasn't even a fair fight. But against youruichi and urahara, he didn't use.ks because after fusing with hokyoku he.became over confident, urahara acknowledged. He implicitly stated that his attacks.normally would not connect if Aizen was his normal.cautious self. Why? Because if Aizen was cautious, he would.be using.ks and youruichi and.urahara would not be able to lay a finger in him

Furthermore, ulqui never said he would lose, in fact it is the direct opposite. He stated that youruichi.and.urahara were the one at a disadvantage. You might want to check out that chapter again.

Note, i am not calling them weak. I am stating that they are not on the level of the seniors to me. To even compare them to yamamoto is ridiculous! He would kill both with just his bare hands

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    u are a pretty reasonable poster but i have to really disagree with u here.
    Aww you

Quote Quote:
    Against ss, Aizen didn't give them a chance to attack him, he used ks the whole time. It wasn't even a fair fight.
    No, he didnt actually use it the whole time, he implied that he did, but Gin himself did note that even without KS Aizen would trample them with little effort.

I know KS is always active but Aizen does chose the moment for the hypnosis. So from how i saw it, he bummed the first wave, thought he should mind fk the rest and then came back and finished off the second wave.

Quote Quote:
    But against youruichi and urahara, he didn't use.ks because after fusing with hokyoku he.became over confident, urahara acknowledged.
    True, he became overconfident, but his powers then were that much above his normal powers. You cannot believe even for a minute that any of those other captains would have, even in a group dented Crystalized Aizen as much as those 3 did.

Quote Quote:
    He implicitly stated that his attacks.normally would not connect if Aizen was his normal.cautious self.
    That is true, though Aizen himself said that if it was not for the Hogyouku he would have died against Urahara.
    Aizen by nature is arrogant and he believed that his powers were above any being, so dodging a low level Kido would have been ridiculous in his eyes.

I still believe that Aizen would have let all those Kido hit him just to show how futile theyre attempts at him were, regardless of the state.

Quote Quote:
    Why? Because if Aizen was cautious, he would.be using.ks and youruichi and.urahara would not be able to lay a finger in him
    KS is not everything though, Yama was under KS yet he managed to get Aizen to feel fear. Aizen by nature undersetimates his opponents and is arrogant, that has not changed much. He just let himself go a little against the group.

Quote Quote:
    Furthermore, ulqui never said he would lose, in fact it is the direct opposite. He stated that youruichi.and.urahara were the one at a disadvantage. You might want to check out that chapter again.
    I might have stretched a limb there, but Ulquiorra did tell Yammi ( the zero espada ) that he at his/theyre level they would not be much against them.

They were at a disadvantage because they had those guys to protect, which would not equate to an automatic loss. Ulquiorra just simply cautioned them, not telling them they would lose.

Quote Quote:
    Note, i am not calling them weak. I am stating that they are not on the level of the seniors to me. To even compare them to yamamoto is ridiculous! He would kill both with just his bare hands
    I very much doubt that.

I would place them in the same tier as the senior captains without a second thought and even place them in theyre own league just below Aizen and Yama. To say that Yama would kill them with his bare hands is really out of order.

Your completely discarding theyre Bankais, intellect and overall skill. I mean Isshin has not shown much, but you cannot seriously believe that toushiro who has shown much more could beat him

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody is forgetting about Mayuri? He fought against quincy letz stil and note how dangerous it was. By now, it's only natural for him to have found a way to counter it (took him only 1 hour to be able to counter 8th espada ability).

And we all know that Ishida is missing for some reason )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

actually if i'm not mistaken it was Urahara that essentially defeated Aizen. Mind you he wouldn't have been able to do it without Ichigo but the end result was infact do to Urahara... And what consists of being a war potential isn't simply power level... What really helps a side to win in a war is stratagy, which i think we all know Urahara has this role down in spades... If you were fighting in a war, wouldn't your first objective be to take down the stratagist? would, that way they can't do any coordination attacks or other such tactics... And not to mention that he has bankai but just hasn't used it yet and if i had to take a guess, Urahara won't use it untill he developed some type of devise to counter it which we all know he's goin to do... Which again to put him in the 5 war potential section... It was never stated that raiatsu and pure strength was the only thing that made you a war potential... just saying.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was urahara's kido which ultimately sealed the deal however that only happened when aizen got severely depowered to say the least. Urahara hardly had a part in the strategy of the whole thing. He merely set the grounds where SS could fight with aizen which is not to say much if he was actually ordered to do so. He did leave behind those kidos however there is the consideration that he did not actually do anything to make the kidos work. If it hadn't been for ichigo the kidos would not have worked at all and even then there is the consideration that it is highly likely that it was something which changed inside aizen that lead to him losing power and the kido working. Ultimately, nothing went on which could have been said to have been planned by urahara unless he somehow accounted for ichigo becoming a god among microbes and aizen suddenly not wanting to be godlike. Heck, urahara actually arrived to the war AFTER aizen became immortal even though mere chapters later he mentioned he thought the orb would make him effectively immortal. Wouldn't it make sense for him to at least have the decency of arriving earlier? Ok, it is plausible he thought the orb would already have made him immortal by the time the war started but then why wouldn't he tell SS that aizen might arrive there being effectively immortal? Why did he wait until aizen half killed the entire squads? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to arrive as soon as possible with yoruichi to deal with the espada? The vizards had trouble entering the war zone but there is no reason for that to be the case with urahara considering he made the 4 pillars. We should even question whether urahara cared about winning the war about aizen at this point considering that if that was the case then he made so many poor decisions it is astounding.

I agree with aizen choosing the moments for his hypnosis and I do doubt every single instance we have seen him at is an illusion. It is kinda hard to prove something one way or the other but overall aizen has stopped ichigo's bankai and komamura's shikai with his bare hands, took out a captain with a failed kido, forced an espada to his knees on reiatsu alone and ultimately shunpoed into 4 captains and defeated them at essentially the same time. I think he actually was every bit as stronger than everyone else as gin mentioned.

Well, to be fair ishin went on against aizen and held his ground. Toshiro went up against aizen and the only effort he ever made on the whole thing was shunpoing in to cut him up. Heck, aizen has won against bankai hitsugaya twice by merely shunpoing and slashing.

Well, with ulquiorra being 4th and yami being 0 I kinda doubt urahara and yoruichi would have won that one. Yami in particular gave kenpachi and byakuya a lot of trouble, they were actually heavily wounded by the time they returned to SS (even if they pretended the opposite).

New Reply
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast