Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

Mayuri should be a war potentiel IMO , the guy might create something that counters quincy main tricks (especially stealing bankaiz) .
    Urahara is not a war potentiel because the king either has a lot of data that he knows urahara will not interfere (exept helping ichigo power up , and ichigo is included already in w.p.) or he really doesnt know much about the guy.
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think ishida would be seen as a war potential. I don't see how that would make sense. In his current form he is rather on the weak side and even if he did get stronger it would be unlikely that he is a threat to the king.
    because it is shonen manga; that just might happen. and i didn't mean Ishida will become important through his fighting. no, that's not it. rather, i think Ishida is a part of another plan, a bigger plan maybe. we will have to wait.

The issue with the person in HM is that he is "unknown". If he is a war potential and kirge got killed that way it would have been for a decent bit of gross negligence on vandereich's part. I don't think VR knew about whoever that person is. If they don't know then he can't be a war potential.
    again, in my opinion, that person might just become a big deal. my reason for this assumption isn't much, but you get the idea.

Mayuri seems to have history with an entirely different branch of quincy. So far it does seem like the quincy from 200 years ago were different from the quincy from 1000 years ago.
    the way he talked to Yamamoto about letting Juha go 1000 years ago makes me thinking otherwise.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    because it is shonen manga; that just might happen. and i didn't mean Ishida will become important through his fighting. no, that's not it. rather, i think Ishida is a part of another plan, a bigger plan maybe. we will have to wait.

again, in my opinion, that person might just become a big deal. my reason for this assumption isn't much, but you get the idea.

the way he talked to Yamamoto about letting Juha go 1000 years ago makes me thinking otherwise.
    So far by what I gather the war potentials are people who vandereich believes to be greater threats than others involved in the war. Based on how kirge reacted it did not quite seem like they view ishida as an enemy so far. Kirge was even expecting him to be strong and seemed disappointed in that he wasn't. Overall the attitude kirge would not fit at all with finding out one of the greatest threats to you is not actually a threat.

You missed my point completely. My point was that only people who vandereich knows about can be war potentials. That person can be a bigger deal than the second coming however if vandereich does not actually know about his existence and powers then he can't be a war potential. It would be plain illogical for him to be qualified as a war potential if vandereich did not actually know about him.

Its precisely the way he talked to yamamoto that seems weird. We know for a fact that there have been 2 quincy wars so far, the one 1000 years ago and 200 years ago. Does this mean that juhabach was involved in the one 200 years ago? Yamamoto and juha hadn't seen each other in 1000 years, not 200. There has been no mention of any vandereich, specialy juha, having participated in the past war and the very techniques which they use are completely different. Yamamoto was familiar with blutz based on his current fight however it does not seem like ishida's brand of quincy are familiar with the technique. More so, the letz stilt concept was dropped 200 years ago and yet shinigami thought quincy still used the form. I would think the more logical explanation is that the quincy from 200 years ago were not vandereich at all (vandereich does not reside in the human world, ishida's brand of quincy did).

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tousendrinksbleach View Post
    Mayuri should be a war potentiel IMO , the guy might create something that counters quincy main tricks (especially stealing bankaiz) .
    Urahara is not a war potentiel because the king either has a lot of data that he knows urahara will not interfere (exept helping ichigo power up , and ichigo is included already in w.p.) or he really doesnt know much about the guy.
    They should have plenty of info on Urahara, if they§ve been spying on SS since Bach's 20th birthday. But I don't think Mayuri has more potential to be a war potential than Urahara.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

So far by what I gather the war potentials are people who vandereich believes to be greater threats than others involved in the war. Based on how kirge reacted it did not quite seem like they view ishida as an enemy so far. Kirge was even expecting him to be strong and seemed disappointed in that he wasn't. Overall the attitude kirge would not fit at all with finding out one of the greatest threats to you is not actually a threat.

You missed my point completely. My point was that only people who vandereich knows about can be war potentials. That person can be a bigger deal than the second coming however if vandereich does not actually know about his existence and powers then he can't be a war potential. It would be plain illogical for him to be qualified as a war potential if vandereich did not actually know about him.

Its precisely the way he talked to yamamoto that seems weird. We know for a fact that there have been 2 quincy wars so far, the one 1000 years ago and 200 years ago. Does this mean that juhabach was involved in the one 200 years ago? Yamamoto and juha hadn't seen each other in 1000 years, not 200. There has been no mention of any vandereich, specialy juha, having participated in the past war and the very techniques which they use are completely different. Yamamoto was familiar with blutz based on his current fight however it does not seem like ishida's brand of quincy are familiar with the technique. More so, the letz stilt concept was dropped 200 years ago and yet shinigami thought quincy still used the form. I would think the more logical explanation is that the quincy from 200 years ago were not vandereich at all (vandereich does not reside in the human world, ishida's brand of quincy did).
    it looks like misunderstanding on the term "War Potential" from my part.

anyway, by Ishida being important, i meant on favor of Juha, and also i didn't mean Ishida as individual, rather part of another group.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

If Yamamoto was right and the war potentials are the five people of whom they can't steal the Bankai; they should be at least Ichigo, Yamamoto, Kenpachi. That keeps Urahara, Aizen and Unohana as candidates for that last two places. All three of them have very much elusive bankai's.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig View Post
    If Yamamoto was right and the war potentials are the five people of whom they can't steal the Bankai; they should be at least Ichigo, Yamamoto, Kenpachi. That keeps Urahara, Aizen and Unohana as candidates for that last two places. All three of them have very much elusive bankai's.
    Good point. If Yama-ji was right it could be argued that Aizen would be a war potential. No one had known what his real shikai was for years so i doubt anyone has ever seen his bankai. Only thing is is he's locked up (not sure if the VR think he's dead either) so would they still consider him a threat?

Unohana can be a candidate but I'm betting more on Shunsui only because of that fight with Starrk where Ukitake told him not to show his bankai with everyone around (or something like that). I wouldn't be surprised if Ukitake is about the only person to have ever seen it.

As for Urahara i still doubt he's one. I think if he was Quilge would have sent that in the message about Ichigo being in HM or at least referenced it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    Good point. If Yama-ji was right it could be argued that Aizen would be a war potential. No one had known what his real shikai was for years so i doubt anyone has ever seen his bankai. Only thing is is he's locked up (not sure if the VR think he's dead either) so would they still consider him a threat?
    Indeed. I'm doubting him being one because the result of the War, but if they know the truth, he would be the ideal candidate. It would require the Sternritter to know Aizen was lying though.

Unohana can be a candidate but I'm betting more on Shunsui only because of that fight with Starrk where Ukitake told him not to show his bankai with everyone around (or something like that). I wouldn't be surprised if Ukitake is about the only person to have ever seen it.
    But Shunsui is still a captain, meaning at one moment he did probably show his bankai. He became a captain after the founding of the academy. Didn't that happen around a 1000 years ago, around the time Buckbeard was in Soul Society for his showdown with Yamaoto. Unohana has the advantage of being in an older age category. She could have become a captain based on the sole virtue of being there when it was founded. I'm thinking Shunsui's Bankai just might be a game that doesn't work quite well with a lot of public.

As for Urahara i still doubt he's one. I think if he was Quilge would have sent that in the message about Ichigo being in HM or at least referenced it.
    Urahara being a candidate does open up a possibility that Buckbeard is the mysterious figure, which is the reason why Tite would have chosen to show the entire Yamamoto fight instead of switching back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Urahara would also be a candidate ( remembering what he told to Chad that his Bankai is not suited for training ),but also I would seriously consider Yoruichi one of the 5 war potentials,mainly because she doesn't have a Zanpakutou,has VERY strong hand-to-hand combat and kido and she can also use those anti-hierror pieces that Urahara made and she also has Shunko; if she has a Shikai and Bankai,she'd get insanely strong,thus why I consider her one of the 5 war potentials.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig View Post
    Urahara being a candidate does open up a possibility that Buckbeard is the mysterious figure, which is the reason why Tite would have chosen to show the entire Yamamoto fight instead of switching back.
    Whoa, that'd be interesting. JB-man was told to look down on his subordinates, so he could've cut down Kirge (seeing as he has no further use), and that'd really mean Urahara has a sword on his neck (literally and figuratively).
    Erfworld

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that according to Tite Kubo...

1. Captain Unohana WILL BE FIGHTING AT THE FRONT for the first time in this arc! And the full extent of her zanpakuto's abilities WILL BE EXPLAINED IN MOST EXPLICIT MANNER!

2. Tite said he doesn't know when it will be, but Captain Kyoraku WILL SHOW HIS BANKAI!

3. Tite hopes to return Grimmjow later, as well as considering Aizen's return.

Now for the remaining 3 war potentials...

3. Uryu Ishida; I am thinking that because of the conversation took place between Kirge and Ichigo...

Kirge: "you mean to say Ishida Uryu's Heilig Pfeil is weaker than mine? Weird... IT SHOULDN'T BE. Now I have even more new reports to submit to his majesty..." (Uryu should've been stronger than he actually is but something must've happened to him in the past that made him weaker) Besides, being a Quincy, Ishida could be a big help.

4. could be ANYONE's guess... But what do you think of Tessai Tsukabishi (former captain of Kido corps and a Kido master, even more so than Hinamori)? This could be his chance to display how destructively powerful kidos can be.

5. I am split between Yamamoto (in recent chapters, I was like, WOW... JUST WOW...) and Aizen.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaleco View Post
    4. could be ANYONE's guess... But what do you think of Tessai Tsukabishi (former captain of Kido corps and a Kido master, even more so than Hinamori)? This could be his chance to display how destructively powerful kidos can be.
    You meant to say: even more so than Urahara
    Hinamori can use kido well, but there are plenty much greater experts.
    Erfworld

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Whoa, that'd be interesting. JB-man was told to look down on his subordinates, so he could've cut down Kirge (seeing as he has no further use), and that'd really mean Urahara has a sword on his neck (literally and figuratively).
    Except that the sword that was pointed out towards Urahara is a Katana unlike JB's sword... So it's 100% a Zanpakuto, now it is certainly an Arrancar, but who ? No idea (although I believe it is Grimmjow)

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Quincy actually considered Yama to be a War Potential? They didn't seem concerned about facing him, nor about stealing his Bankai, nor did they mention anything about him when they were talking about Kenpachi. If Yama was one, they probably would've mentioned it... Yama was right there.

Yama is damn strong, but I'm not sure that's what makes the list. It looks like they underestimated him.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So, until now he have confirmed:
    • Ichigo
    • Kenpachi
    • Aizen

Assuming the CC is the 4th war potential, the only one who can fill the 5th position - IMO - is Isshin. Any other thoughts?

New Reply
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast