Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

So Aizen was on after all. Even though he's powerless, I suppose it makes sense, given that the Hogyku is fused with him. On top of that, his knowledge about Soul Society, the Soul King, the Royal Guard (probably) and who knows what else would make him a valuable asset to the Vandenreich. Actually, it's probably because he no longer has Kyoka Suigetse that Juhabach would consider him useful rather than a threat. I doubt he'd want someone with a hypnotising tool hanging around his palace.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And i shall come back tomorrow because i doubt i'm allowed to discuss this today.

As for old data, i'm going to go with ishida and either urahara or mayuuri

Yama is not a potential IMO , simply because a potential is a potential...if you see what I mean . Fighting yama was inevitable, he does not need to be a special potential because he was the last SS boss for the quincies and the war potentials were more like people that the SR would deal with differently

Another thought : Juha aknowledges ichigo as the strongest war potential , this is why he had to wait for him to be out of the picutre before invading SS. This was reinforced with this chapter since juha seem to know about what was going on. I think he fears ichigo more than anyone else and would rather avoid fighting him at any cost
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo will evolve into some god-like warrior and defeat Juha. And his birth may have something to do with his limitless potential that has attracted him to Juha in the first place. I would like to learn more about the Quincy and their abilities.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Well well well. I got the email on my phone, saw BrunoGF's post, and realized the chapter was out early. While I doubted Aizen was a war potential i guess it makes sense. Genius level intellect who tricked all of SS, has a object who can make all your wishes come true fused to him, and almost got to the King's realm.

Anyway, I doubt Yama-ji is a war potential but if his power is too much for anyone except Bach to contain then the same may go for Ichigo.

1) Ichigo (too powerful)
    2) Kenpachi (no bankai, yet so powerful)
    3) Aizen
    4) Isshin (like father like son, plus he pushed Aizen back with his finger LOL)
    5) Ryuuken ("The Last Quincy"...I wonder if the VR know how to return a Quincy's powers once lost)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Ichigo - no bankai to be stolen
    2. Kenpachi - nothing to be stolen. He is freakshily strong without anyway.
    3. Aizen - a possible wild card? Remember, Juha wanted to scout Aizen. But Aizen, the very concept of being someone's subordinate is an alien to him, refused.
    4. not yet revealed. I am hoping it is one of Ishida family member
    5. not yet revealed. I am now torn between Orihime and Tessai Tsukabishi (Kido master)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

I guess this chapter confirmed Aizen. Why would Bach go as far as to go to the prison and scout Aizen, unless he was a SWP?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He did refer to aizen as a special war potential however I found the context strange. He went to invite aizen to his army while as far as the other war potentials he always was rather hellbent on eithe avoiding them or destroying them. Perhaps there is a group of special war potentials who are enemies and a group of special war potentials who are potential allies?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Potentials are...potentials. Regardless of which side they will take on the battlefield, their actions can change the events on this war.

Aizen may be sealed but he still have the Hougyoku. Heck, even if he hasn't - he is one of the most powerful characters, even without the illusion abilities of his zanpakutou. He went to Hueco Mundo alone (pretty much) and conquered it even before Juha Bach and his army did it. He took out a large number of captains on a blink of an eye with his sword sealed.

The fact that Juha Bach tried to convince Aizen to join him means only one thing - his goals are for long-term. The quincy leader doesn't only want to destroy the Gotei 13, he's aiming to dismantle the fountations of Soul Society.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Well It looks like we have THREE war potentials identified.

Ichigo, confirmed by quincy
    Aizen, confirmed by bach himself while talking to CC.
    Kenpachi. confirmed by Y the yourself quincy when kenpachi got his ass handed to him by Bachs impersonator.

Who the remaining two are is open for debate.

I am thinking
    Ishda- the reason I suspect this is because when the quincy found out that ishda was weaker- he seemed surprised like he expected ishda to be way stronger. perhaps he is, there is likely a technique that ishdas father didnt like and was not taught to ishda by his grandfather. so he is weaker but more developed in the "true" quincy sense. Thats my opinion. I think when we get into the back story and ichigo and gang go after the quincies then it will get very interesting and ishda could end up being uber strong.

the other war potential
    Im not sure-
    I think it might be one of these three.

Urahara - since aizen was one, and urahara is also smart and older and has had some contact or knowledge of squad zero and spirit king.
    Orihime - since her power was referenced by bach while killing CC
    Chad - I just want to see a full suit for chad where he gets to be a badass like everyone else.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    He did refer to aizen as a special war potential however I found the context strange. He went to invite aizen to his army while as far as the other war potentials he always was rather hellbent on eithe avoiding them or destroying them. Perhaps there is a group of special war potentials who are enemies and a group of special war potentials who are potential allies?
    I am suspecting that he visited Aizen not just to recruit but also to probe for info on the spirit king.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishida Uryu is one of the best possible choices. He was said to have a great potential (even though I don't buy this asspull) by Kirge.

I also agree on Inoue's possibility. Her ability is really broken.

I don't buy Chad and Urahara. Chad is pretty weak and useless the entire manga and Urahara... well he is also out of his league if we compare him to Ichigo, Aizen or Kenpachi in terms of power and the intellect doesn't seem to be the trait by which they choose. Aizen seems to be choosed by his power as Shinigami and Hougioku.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen
    Ichigo
    Ishida
    maybe the guy who pointed sword at urahara
    Orihime

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

lawlett-kun
    Why are you excluding Ken-chan? He was already confirmed to be among 5 War Potentials along with Ichi and Aizen. We need to find only two of them.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused as to why Kenpachi was considered a SWP. Obviously his lack of Bankai, while still maintaining captain-level capabilities, was a factor. But even so, he seemed to be dealt with easily enough. There is the question of whether or not he was defeated by Bach, or by one of his subordinates. But even if Bach was necessary to defeat him, he obviously didn't cause any real trouble for him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I'm confused as to why Kenpachi was considered a SWP. Obviously his lack of Bankai, while still maintaining captain-level capabilities, was a factor. But even so, he seemed to be dealt with easily enough. There is the question of whether or not he was defeated by Bach, or by one of his subordinates. But even if Bach was necessary to defeat him, he obviously didn't cause any real trouble for him.
    It was stated that it may have been a mistake to count him as a SWP but needless to say its not the last we shall see of kenny, i have a feeling he will learn more about his Zan and become a bigger powerhouse, i mean there is that theory that his lieutenant may actually be his Zan's Spirit. But that is a mighty big theory
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I think<--- I think- --> that Kenpachi is considered a war potential because he has yet to obtain a bankai. I know hes says oh I dont have one, but he does. He just has not manifested or communed with his zanpaktou, Mostly because it goes against his nature, which to me suggests that his zanpaktou prolly has a similar outlook - in which case it will take something monumental for him to get motivated enough to communicate with his zanpaktou,

I think now that CC is dead and kenpachi had his ass handed to him, he might get a bit humbled, communicate with his zanpaktou, get his bankai, and reforge his serrated funky zanpaktou in the process to something that is meaner, and more menicning.

I think the quincy know that it is possible for him to get a bankai, and since the bankai is vastly more potent than the shikai, if he did get one, I think he might end up being one of the strongest besides ichigo.

I think kenpachi can do it, the death of his mentor and CC will no doubt affect him and his zanpaktou.

IMHO- this is why kenpachi is a war potential.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    It was stated that it may have been a mistake to count him as a SWP but needless to say its not the last we shall see of kenny, i have a feeling he will learn more about his Zan and become a bigger powerhouse, i mean there is that theory that his lieutenant may actually be his Zan's Spirit. But that is a mighty big theory
    I remember reading that theroy, but its rubbish.. mostly beacuse his LT. has her own zanpaktou.
    less a theory than a wild what if senario.

the rest of your post I agree, Kenpachi is definitly going to learn more about his zanpaktou after this incident.

New Reply
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast