Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

Kenpachi would have been one (like DarkBankai said) because he's a force of raw destruction without even having a bankai. He basically works by spewing out the power that would normally go into a bankai and focusing it all into sheer strength. But Royd (and therefore Bach) concede that he'd been overestimated. Still, he took out 3 Stern Ritter.

Interesting that Yama wasn't on the list. I suppose it makes sense, though. As far as Bach was concerned, killing Yamamoto was a given. His death was an absolutely necessity. So we have Aizen, Ichigo, and Kenpachi confirmed. I would think Orihime must be one, but then I don't know if Bach is too concerned with healing his wounded subordinates. One of the Ishidas could be on the list. Urahara's a possibility. Hmmm...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Interesting that Yama wasn't on the list. I suppose it makes sense, though. As far as Bach was concerned, killing Yamamoto was a given. His death was an absolutely necessity. So we have Aizen, Ichigo, and Kenpachi confirmed. I would think Orihime must be one, but then I don't know if Bach is too concerned with healing his wounded subordinates. One of the Ishidas could be on the list. Urahara's a possibility. Hmmm...
    Personally I don't think Orihime is a war potential. He referred to her as "that girl". When talking about SWP he talks with their full name.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I must have missed something. Why are people saying Kenpachi was a War Potential? Because he was called #1 in strength? So what?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I must have missed something. Why are people saying Kenpachi was a War Potential? Because he was called #1 in strength? So what?
    The most correct translation is " Notable Threat number 1 "

It is the same term used to describe Ichigo too

Although, Molokidan in his translation refered to the war potentials as " Special weapon "

And Badkarma's translation referred to the war potentials as " Special asset "

Which is the same term used to describe Kenpachi too

Mangastream's translation doesn't make sense then, Kenpachi is indeed one of the war potentials, which are : Ichigo, Aizen, Kenpachi so far

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishida Uryu <at least it seems it wasn't about Ryuuken>; I mean: Quilge Opie said sth about Uryu when Ichigo mentioned Ishida's name, and Opie asked if he means "Uryu" <it was a moment when Ichigo said that arrows of "Ishida" are weaker than his, and he replied its impossible or sth like that after a little conversation> Or I would like Uryu to be one of those 'special asset' or whatever >3
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    Ishida Uryu <at least it seems it wasn't about Ryuuken>; I mean: Quilge Opie said sth about Uryu when Ichigo mentioned Ishida's name, and Opie asked if he means "Uryu" <it was a moment when Ichigo said that arrows of "Ishida" are weaker than his, and he replied its impossible or sth like that after a little conversation> Or I would like Uryu to be one of those 'special asset' or whatever >3
    After Quilge's talk about Letzt Stil and Vollstandig, I found it strange that Ishida Soken didn't accept the improvement made by the Vandenreich... If we consider that Vandenreich's method is the " modern one " and Ishida Soken's teachings as the " traditional one ", there must be some secret about it, it could be actually a lot more stronger than even Vollstandig... Also Uryuu didn't have enough time to train with his grandfather either, unlike Ryuuken, who seems to have learned everything there's to learn about Quincy's powers, and he did comment on Uryuu's powers too and his powers, saying that Uryuu doesn't have enough talent for that (or maybe he was being cynical there, dunno)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I kinda question whether volstandig actually provides the user with more power than lets stilt. Does that make sense given what we have seen so far? Ishida was at most at VC level when he fought mayuri and the form allowed him to completely outclass him. Quilge is supposedly stronger than ishida is currently and even went as far as easily defeating 3 VC level fraccion and with his volstandig he had a remarkably hard time against ichigo. Ichigo could easily be stronger than mayuri and in all likelihood actually is however the sheer amount of power quilge displayed still seems inferior to ishida's.

I think the difference lies in the reiatsu part. Volstandig does not emit reiatsu while lets stilt does. I recall at some point it was mentioned that the lets stilt was a power beyond human limits. Perhaps the lets stilt absorbs more energy than what the user can handle which means a bunch of it is released as reiatsu while the volstandig merely absorbs as much power as the user can handle, it does not go beyond the limit. That would result in volstandig being less frail in the sense that it could be used as the user sees fit while the lets stit has the whole losing power issue. I think this idea would be consistent with what we have seen so far.

The issue would be as to why souken would reject the form. With my theory the form would have theoretically less overall power but wouldn't the fact that it does not rid a quincy of his powers make up for that? Perhaps there is a sanity issue here. Maybe the volstandig has the issue that it causes the user to lose a bit of his sanity with each use and perhaps make them more battle prone? It would perhaps why the quincy, in spite of not technically being evil but rather they are fighting for what they believe to be right, seem to be kinda insane. quilge killed his own subordinates, the rest of the vandereich actually seem overly cruel at large... It would explain why the peace loving souken would prefer the alternative which does not cause him to go insane.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    I wonder if the Quincy actually considered Yama to be a War Potential? They didn't seem concerned about facing him, nor about stealing his Bankai, nor did they mention anything about him when they were talking about Kenpachi. If Yama was one, they probably would've mentioned it... Yama was right there.
    Just quoting myself so I can gloat hahaha. I picked Aizen too, I'm so proud of myself!

Not sure about the rest, beyond what's already been said in this thread a million times already. But for some reason, I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance Ishida's one of them, even though he's a Quincy.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha
    After Quilge's talk about Letzt Stil and Vollstandig, I found it strange that Ishida Soken didn't accept the improvement made by the Vandenreich... If we consider that Vandenreich's method is the " modern one " and Ishida Soken's teachings as the " traditional one ", there must be some secret about it, it could be actually a lot more stronger than even Vollstandig... Also Uryuu didn't have enough time to train with his grandfather either, unlike Ryuuken, who seems to have learned everything there's to learn about Quincy's powers, and he did comment on Uryuu's powers too and his powers, saying that Uryuu doesn't have enough talent for that (or maybe he was being cynical there, dunno)
    About differences about teachings of 'new' and 'old' I won't dwell because I didn't think about those ideas. I think it would be cool to see Ishida in a manga and maybe some stuff will be explained <even if he wouldn't turn out to be one of 5 war potentials, he still is a Quincy and going by the fact that enemies right now are Quincies it would be cool to have some explanations - maybe father and son of Ishida talk?! xD>
    About the last point: even without the recent revelations I thought he was cynical towards his son, and I don't mind that <Uryu is so sympathetic towards his enemies sometimes that it makes me sick - and I think Ryuuken was addressing that point of Uryu's character> My take on that.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck
    The issue would be as to why souken would reject the form. With my theory the form would have theoretically less overall power but wouldn't the fact that it does not rid a quincy of his powers make up for that? Perhaps there is a sanity issue here. Maybe the volstandig has the issue that it causes the user to lose a bit of his sanity with each use and perhaps make them more battle prone? It would perhaps why the quincy, in spite of not technically being evil but rather they are fighting for what they believe to be right, seem to be kinda insane. quilge killed his own subordinates, the rest of the vandereich actually seem overly cruel at large... It would explain why the peace loving souken would prefer the alternative which does not cause him to go insane.
    Seems a cool idea with the idea of making Quincy more 'brutal/full of themselves' while bestowed with such power. It really would suit Souken rejecting that.

Again about Ishida Uryu: due to Quilge saying what he said I do believe that he may be one of 5 war potentials <even if he is a Quincy> Maybe there is sth special about him <or I would like it to be >? <3
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this so far, but has anyone considered Mayuri?

Granted, he's not the most powerful, but he's just about the most cunning person in the Gotei 13. He seems to have enough knowledge of the situation and it's history to try and lecture Yamamoto.

Not to mention that his Bankai can't be stolen... we've seen that how many times?

AND something I just thought of. He's responsible for the dissection and study of HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of Quincy. I'm sure he's got some sort of idea of how their abilities work, and a decent method to counteract them, especially after Uryu destroyed him before. I figure he's been planning this, probably for a very long time.

I don't know, I may be wrong here, but he seems like one of the most likely to tip the scales in favour of Soul Society, the most likely to have a contingency plan.

EDIT

After doing a bit more research, I'm starting to wonder, if my theory above is correct, it could mean that the bodies he found in Szayelaporro's lab were Quicies, right? I mean, it's only speculation at this point, but if that's the case, say a few Quincies were caught by the Arrancar, and their bodies were found by Mayuri there, it would make for a rather interesting moment when he finally shows up.

In any case, I'm rather excited now, can't wait for tomorrow's chapter.
    Last edited by Raziel42; October 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: New idea/info

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope that Uryu is one of the last two Potentials. It's possible that both him and his father are the last two, but it'll most likely just be Uryu. Isshin comes to mind, but he is out of the game half of the time so I doubt they aren't to worried about him. Orihime could also be one considering her powers, but that would just be a repeating her role in the Huenco Mundo arc. Chad is forever useless so it sure as shoot ain't him. Maybe it'll be a new character.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the last 2 are Tsukishima and Ginjo...THE ULTIMATE TROLL!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I question whether aizen was among the war potentials in which kenpachi and ichigo were. The context seems different from the others. Aizen was not a threat to juhabach basically. Even if aizen was strong enough to go up against him there is the issue that aizen was captured and could not do a thing to the point where juhabach simply left him beneath the rubble of the 1st division barracks. More so, as far as ichigo and kenpachi goes neither was asked to join vandereich. To the contrary, ichigo was ordered to be killed on sight and kenpachi was about to get killed by royd. Rather than Aizen "being" a war potential I get the impression there is a strong possibility that aizen was basically invited to be one, if that makes any sense. So there could still be 6 actual war potentials.

Taking in consideration yamamoto was not a war potential it seems strength alone is not actually nearly enough to be one. In that light I think urahara is indeed a war potential and the quincy failed to notice him being in HM due to them being distracted by ichigo. I don't think urahara would hold a candle in a fight against aizen, yamamoto, juhabach or even win against the older captains however his intellect is to be feared and he does not seem afraid to fight dirty as a former member of the second division and master of all fancy gadgets.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck I think Urahara is stronger than you think; though nobody knows because he has only fought a transformed Aizen at this point, and we all know Aizen canNOT by any means be used to gauge the strength of any other character...though yes I agree that his intellect alone is very dangerous, and with his and Mayuri's brain they may come up with a counter to the medallion.

With that said, yes the context may have been off like mentioned, but Bach put emphasis again on the fact that there are only 5. So I do believe there are only 2 remaining, and I don't believe Bach expects Uryuu and his dad Ryuuken to betray their own kind (even tho they most likely will aid Ichigo and his friends at some point in the war) So i think we can safely eliminate them as possibilities for now.

Right now, I'd say none of the Vizards are in the war potentials; I also think Chad and Inoue are a bit of a stretch for now, at least until they get stronger. My best attempt at a guess for now is all 5 potentials are most likely shinigami. Maybe Isshin, maybe Urahara, maybe Yourichi, (though most likely not) Maybe the Kido master himself Tessai..maybe Kon (kidding) but seriously I mean who really knows what the connection is.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Let me add one thing last minute, don't forget that Aizen is a shinigami; and he is extremely unpredictable..what I'm saying is that most likely Soul Society will NOT attempt to recruit him, nor is Aizen likely to offer his services..but we can't exactly rule out the possibility that Aizen "MAY" be forced to temporarily ally with them.

To me it looks like these are the 5 people that Kubo is telling us to pay attention to, and expect big things from in the future. It may also be that these are the 5 characters that WILL ally together and bring down the Vandenreich. Or maybe not. But the implication is there, where there is even the slightest implication, there is a possibility.
    Last edited by gcreech; October 23, 2012 at 12:42 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted this before, in the new chapter discussion - but feel it may be better suited here. Thoughts?
    (hidden due to being unsure how long to wait after chapter release before open discussion)
    Spoiler show

If the war potentials are dictated using something similar to what I have suggested, then perhaps Mayuri may be another war potential? For interesting new specimens?
    Infinite RAGE!

New Reply
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast