Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

After the latest chapters I'm not thinking that the reason Ichigo's a war potential is just because his bankai can't be stolen; I'm thinking it may be deeper than that. I mean if we look at Yama-ji's, it was just too powerful for anyone to contain other than Bach. Then why didn't Bach take Ichigo's when they fought...I'm thinking (hoping) it's because he's a Quincy and certain Quincy abilities (the medalion being one of them) won't work on Quincies. Naturally since Quincies don't normally have bankais, thus Ichigo is a rarity (or special according to Aizen LOL). So my new list is:

Confirmed:
    Ichigo - Hopefully for multiple reasons. i.e. hopefully because his Bankai can't be stolen because he's a Quincy and they could turn him being his mother was a Quincy
    Kenpachi - Just that strong and doesn't even have a bankai
    Aizen - Well he and Ichigo evolved to a different dimension (plane) at one point so naturally he should be one. Plus he's powerful as Gin once analyzed and his intellect is up there with Urahara's

My picks:
    Ryuuken - The man bequeathed the title of "The Last Quincy." Crazy strong and as Notak said probably has intel on them. Lets not forget he returned Quincy powers to his son after he lost them. Not sure how many Quincies would know that kind of technique.
    Mayuri - As much as i hate this guy he has to have a ton of knowledge from experimenting on Quincies and even if you steal his bankai it'll do you no good as Syzael (think thats how you spell it) figured out. On top of all that he is intelligent.

Runner Up: If Mayuri isn't one or is a traitor (sorry a theory I have) then in his place would be:
    Orihime: Her ability. I mean she was mentioned by Bach and her ability was so valuable Aizen kidnapped her.
    Unohana: Only because i'm hyped about how much she's been hyped. She's probably a beast even with her bankai stolen.

What do you guys think?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I told you! aizen was a war potential too! but I can't really make up my mind for the other 3... neither kenpachi nor yamamoto belong to them...maybe urahara,but then why did the SR not mention him when he came to HM? was it because they were unaware of his presence?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    neither kenpachi nor yamamoto belong to them..
    Kenpachi is confirmed for like... 2 months?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    Mayuri - As much as i hate this guy he has to have a ton of knowledge from experimenting on Quincies and even if you steal his bankai it'll do you no good as Syzael (think thats how you spell it) figured out. On top of all that he is intelligent.
    I'd put Urahara over Mayuri anytime anyday , Mayuri knows jackshit about Quincy, the guy was literally surprised about the Letzt Stil, also Urahara seems to be more intelligent than Mayuri honestly

Mayuri is only dangerous when he comes prepared, otherwise he sucks

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I'd put Urahara over Mayuri anytime anyday , Mayuri knows jackshit about Quincy, the guy was literally surprised about the Letzt Stil, also Urahara seems to be more intelligent than Mayuri honestly

Mayuri is only dangerous when he comes prepared, otherwise he sucks
    Agreed . Definitely Urahara over Mayuri but like mattiaildivino mentioned, I'm wondering why Kirge didn't mention him as a war potential. Not much for me to go on but that's the only reason I don't think he's one.

On another note you make a good point, when i think back to Mayuri's fight with Ishida he was surprised as hell when he saw Ishida's final form so maybe he doesn't know as much about the Quincies as i think.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Kenpachi is confirmed for like... 2 months?
    is that so? he was owned and juha bach just stated that he had overrated him. in another translation it was said he was one of them,but I doub tthat,as yamamoto isn't there either. you remember that juha bach gave infos on the captains? well,I think he was talking about those infos,which said he was hella strong. no wait,it wasn't even juha bach! but just that yourself guy

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

All the correct translations do refer to kenpachi as a war potential or to put it in another way precisely in the same way juha referred to ichigo.
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/35620
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/badkarma/releases/35539

Kenpachi being a war potential is basically an incontrovertible fact. Fake juha ultimately being disappointed in him is a different matter altogether. I am sure kenpachi will have a chance to redeem himself though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    is that so? he was owned and juha bach just stated that he had overrated him. in another translation it was said he was one of them,but I doub tthat,as yamamoto isn't there either. you remember that juha bach gave infos on the captains? well,I think he was talking about those infos,which said he was hella strong. no wait,it wasn't even juha bach! but just that yourself guy
    Kenpachi was owned coz the Juha Bach clone had Bach's power (at least 50% of it). Bach is known to be equal to or better than Yamamoto. So, Kenpachi lost to a guy who had at least 50% of Yamamoto's power. That's completely understandable. Kenpachi may be uber beast but even he can't stand up to someone who has more than half of Yama/Bach's power.

Anyways,

My pick:

Confirmed:

1. Ichigo
    2. Aizen
    3. Kenpachi

Other 2:

4. Isshin: We still need to hear his backstory and something tells me he used to be a very very powerful Shinigami in the past. My theory is that, in terms of power, he used to be second only to Yamamoto and that he lost all of it during either the war 1000 years ago or the recent 200 years ago Quincy extinction.

5. Urahara: I have a sneaking suspicion that he's got a seriously nasty Bankai and that he is Captain Comm. material. Not to mention, this is the guy that Aizen himself was scared of.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara is seriously overrated. The guy's only fit is his intelligence and it lies mostly in making some useless devices. Talking about his Shinigami powers... he showed nothing. He didn't show anything to be deemed stronger than Byakuya and no matter how you look at them neither of them is Captain Commander material.
    How you can compare Urahara with Isshin, Aizen or Shunsui. Urahara couldn't even injure base Ulquiorra in Shikai, while base Isshin was at least even with base Aizen and Shunsui managed to take released Stark in Shikai, so how Urahara can be a Captain Commander material?
    If War Potential are given due to power, then Urahara is nowhere near War Potentials... he is too weak to be one. And his Bankai won't change anything, because if you are weaker than any of the strong guys with your Shikai, Bankai won't change anything, especially since Quincy will steal his Bankai in the very moment he releases it.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes Urahara dangerous is his intellect, like Batman. Not his powers.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Urahara is seriously overrated. The guy's only fit is his intelligence and it lies mostly in making some useless devices. Talking about his Shinigami powers... he showed nothing. He didn't show anything to be deemed stronger than Byakuya and no matter how you look at them neither of them is Captain Commander material.
    How you can compare Urahara with Isshin, Aizen or Shunsui. Urahara couldn't even injure base Ulquiorra in Shikai, while base Isshin was at least even with base Aizen and Shunsui managed to take released Stark in Shikai, so how Urahara can be a Captain Commander material?
    If War Potential are given due to power, then Urahara is nowhere near War Potentials... he is too weak to be one. And his Bankai won't change anything, because if you are weaker than any of the strong guys with your Shikai, Bankai won't change anything, especially since Quincy will steal his Bankai in the very moment he releases it.
    It's obviously not power alone that determines whether someone is classified as a WP. I think everyone could probably agree on that. Kenpachi's power doesn't register when compared to some of the displays put on by Ichigo and Aizen, and there are quite a few individuals who are obviously more powerful than Kenpachi and not on the list. I'm not sold on Urahara being a WP, not even close, but it's still possible; considering that we're still not aware of the factors that were used in determining each WP, or if there was just one specific characteristic of each of the five that lead to them being given that status.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    A BIG THANK YOU!! I've always been saying this yet many disagreed. Many are saying he is right behind Yama in power which I find utterly unbelievable.
    I mean, this is the same guy whose attack were blocked by Ulquiorra(though strong) like it was nothing & this is also the same guy who would have probably lose an arm if he didn't protect himself with benihime's Blood Mist Shield against Ichigo's GT during training.

His intelligence makes him dangerous not his power.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Bleach isn't a manga about intelligence. It's manga about power. If a person doesn't have power to back his techs, he would utterly loose. The same Barragan's Respira. It was stated during the timeskip in some interviews that his Respira might be blown away by people with a damn strong Reiatsu like Kenpachi. So we can also assume that Aizen and Yama can do the same. Thus no matter how cunning nasty devices Urahara makes he won't be able to take down really strong characters like Yama, Kenpachi or Aizen or Juha Bach or Ichigo with their help.

Also, talking about intelligence. In any shounen manga if a person is a bit better in terms of intellect than a clinical idiot, he will be deemed a genious... Of course Urahara and Aizen are quite intelligent, but it doesn't prove that their intellect is really something else. It's just that most of the characters are dumb like there is no tomorrow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the WP are likely to be classed as WP because of the likely hood of them becoming VR or part of the VR's Course, either that or it has something to do with how they cant steal their bankai's.... but to be fair it could be anything but they all have one thing in common and that is the bankai thing as far as i can tell so far
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara could be the key to stopping the bankai-medallions, so yeah, he is a pretty big threat to Vandenreich's military strength.

New Reply
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast