Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Urahara could be the key to stopping the bankai-medallions, so yeah, he is a pretty big threat to Vandenreich's military strength.
    I'm not sure thats a problem for the VR anymore, the main people who they came to steal the Bankai from they got and it looks like they have no chance of getting it back either
    Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno but the Zero squad probably have bankais, and even then there are still captains that have their bankais left. Not to mention Yoruichi, Urahara, Isshin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Dunno but the Zero squad probably have bankais, and even then there are still captains that have their bankais left. Not to mention Yoruichi, Urahara, Isshin
    But think about who's bankai's they have.....

Another thing is the situation with yama's body i don't remember it being obliterated, so either the VR took him along with them or someone else picked it up
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, no matter how you look at it, I doubt that Kenpachi or Aizen would hvae work under their enemies, so I doubt War Potentials are connected to it in any way.
    About the possibility of stealing Bankai... I doubt as well. Because you can't compare Ichigo and Kenpachi in this, because they are different in every way. Ken-chan just doesn't have Bankai for now, while Ichigo seems to be able to counter this Bankai stealing due to him being half-Quincy. And Aizen is sure to have Bankai... And thus it's quite possible for him to loose it the same way Yama lost it.

About Urahara being able to stop Bankai stealing... seriously, why even we need to talk about it? If Bach's clone (who was nowhere near real Bach in strength) was able to block Yama's Shikai with minor injuries and managed to fight to some extent against Yama's Bankai and that Bankai is the most insane thing we've seen so far in the manga (exept for Mugetsu, but it's a bit different thing), then I doubt it will be a real threat for Juha Bach anymore.
    Also it seems those who lost their Bankais won't get them back. Or at least for quite a big period of time. And for those who lost them (exept for Soi Fong) they are very crucial as without them they are mostly nothing.

About Yama's body... well it was desintegrated by Bach...

It seems that Squad Zero really has to enter soon as current Gotei can't fight Sternenritter with Yama and Kenpachi and three other Captains without Bankai as well.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

@Jorge D.Dragon..Bleach is always better when you can read it as a whole. And It's crazy How Royd (R) who can copy ppl's memories actually Blocked Yama's Shikia with minor wounds, dodged his bankia attacks and fought agasin't his Zankia no Tachi of the South. Not to mention beat the crao outta Kenpachi off page that he may not return!! Like the dude must of been hella Strong More so thinking about the Kenpachi thing cause he did just dodge around the place until he got cut down by Yama. The Sternritters that attacked Yama too also survived his attack not to mention the Bestia's Lol.....War potentials aren't a big plot thread in my eyes however we have 3 listed so far and Yama was a reject off the list. So it's not solely based on power, and I still have a hunch that it has to do with potential allies....Or Potential individuals that can kill Sternritters pretty easily..Kenpachi killed 3! Ichigo he can't have his bankia stolen it's still evolving, too much and he's a quincy. Aizen managed to distort Bach strapped down in a chair and his shikia is Haxx'd.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea as far as I'm concerned, the bankais are still a threat to the SR if they can't be stolen/sealed...
    It'll be interesting to see the VR use the bankais they've stolen.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    But think about who's bankai's they have.....

Another thing is the situation with yama's body i don't remember it being obliterated, so either the VR took him along with them or someone else picked it up
    you must be joking : http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-16.html

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Urahara is seriously overrated. The guy's only fit is his intelligence and it lies mostly in making some useless devices. Talking about his Shinigami powers... he showed nothing. He didn't show anything to be deemed stronger than Byakuya and no matter how you look at them neither of them is Captain Commander material.
    How you can compare Urahara with Isshin, Aizen or Shunsui. Urahara couldn't even injure base Ulquiorra in Shikai, while base Isshin was at least even with base Aizen and Shunsui managed to take released Stark in Shikai, so how Urahara can be a Captain Commander material?
    If War Potential are given due to power, then Urahara is nowhere near War Potentials... he is too weak to be one. And his Bankai won't change anything, because if you are weaker than any of the strong guys with your Shikai, Bankai won't change anything, especially since Quincy will steal his Bankai in the very moment he releases it.
    Urahara doesnt really make useless devices, they're very beneficial for him, its just others cant use them with the same proficiency. What makes urahara scary is that most of the time we dont know what his intentions are and his crazy intellect and cunning. Its not physical/ spiritual power(which we dont really know) that make him powerful but his use of his vast intellect, I mean he even outwitted aizen.

So for the five war potentials we have ichigo and zaraki already confirmed, the other three...hmm my guess would be ishida, and two other characters who were not in soul society at the time of the invasion.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    So for the five war potentials we have ichigo and zaraki already confirmed, the other three...hmm my guess would be ishida, and two other characters who were not in soul society at the time of the invasion.
    I thought Aizen was confirmed a WP a couple chapters back? If that's the case they're only two spots left now.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    Urahara doesnt really make useless devices, they're very beneficial for him, its just others cant use them with the same proficiency. What makes urahara scary is that most of the time we dont know what his intentions are and his crazy intellect and cunning. Its not physical/ spiritual power(which we dont really know) that make him powerful but his use of his vast intellect, I mean he even outwitted aizen.
    The thing with Urahara is... he can kill without using a sword. Aizen stated himself, that he would have died by Urahara's Kidos if he hadn't merged with Hogyoku. That makes him stronger than pre-Hogyoku Aizen, stronger than every other captain without his sword. xD And with Bankai... URAHARA HAS TO BE WP FFS :/

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    The thing with Urahara is... he can kill without using a sword. Aizen stated himself, that he would have died by Urahara's Kidos if he hadn't merged with Hogyoku. That makes him stronger than pre-Hogyoku Aizen, stronger than every other captain without his sword. xD And with Bankai... URAHARA HAS TO BE WP FFS :/
    Well, I can't really say he's "stronger than every other captain, without his sword" just by judging the fight against Aizen as Aizen was more careless than he would be without Hougyoku and it seemed like he actually wanted to see what Urahara has for him, as opposed to him just slashing Gotei13 down when they became boring, but that's Urahara's pro, I think in his strategies he'd always be able to find a way how to "outsmart" the opponent and thus he'd be able to take down beings stronger than himself.

I think some people overrate Urahara, but I think there's a lot of people who underrate him. I... well, in my 'theories' he's a little weaker than senior captains (Kyo, Uki) in raw power (reiatsu, strenght... well I think Urahara should be quite fast as he was on par with Yoruichi when they were sparring years ago, though I doubt both of them were serious (and I doubt Yoruichi isn't faster, of course), so maybe he's even faster than them...), but he's as strong or maybe even more dangerous than them when serious because of his intellect.
    Only if we ever saw all of power houses using their full powers

He's not a war potential though, of course.

ex oriente lux

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the situation with urahara in regards to aizen is complicated. Aizen did say that he would have been defeated if he had not used the orb however we also know for a fact that aizen wasn't bothering dodging or even keeping his guard up. Would urahara have been able to land a hit on aizen if aizen had been his usual self? We will never know for a fact but IMO it is unlikely. Urahara still has not shown power which would put him past the level of the captains, he seems pretty average when compared to any other captain. He has never shown overpowering reiatsu, he has never shown insane speed, he has never shown insane offensive abilities, everything has always been within what we would expect from any given captain outside of yamamoto and aizen. Urahara is dangerous because of his inventions, not because of his actual power.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup. But that Kido's destructive power would still be enough to kill Aizen. It is powerful as hell. Urahara can make his own kidos and seals, he can outsmart... everyone. He created Kido, that destroys person inside-out with his reiatsu. With his intelligence I'm sure he can cast that Kido on anyone.

Still, who knows what Urahara's bankai can do. With his Shikai Urahara can create similar attacks to that he saw, he is haxed copycat. And his bankai could be even more bothersome. Urahara was on par with Yoruichi when he was in her squad when it comes to speed. His Kidos are more than enough to be called INSANE offensive ability. Ichigo's GT couldn't do shit to Aizen. Urahara's Kido would kill him, as he said. About his reiatsu. Noone ever noticed him, he just appears out of nowhere, always. If he's hiding his reiatsu, he can be a monster without us even knowing.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With Bleach it's not as clear cut about Power levels as we like to think, but I can understand why we all go there instinctively after watching DBZ. I really don't think there is a huge difference between Komomura and Soi Fong..

As for War Potentials, it could mean people who would potentially join the Vandenreich for whatever reasons unknown..or people who are a potential threat to them. I'm inclined to think the first choice, because Kenpachi and Ichigo were clearly shown to have been manhandled relatively easily, thereby posing no real threat RIGHT NOW.

As for the last 2, I would venture a guess and say if Isshin took a quincy to be his wife, he may be considered one based on the joining them theory. And maybe the last one could be Uryuu or Ryuuken..though it's hard to say.

---------- Post added November 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was November 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM ----------

also, they tried to recruit 2 of the 3 known war potentials.
    Last edited by gcreech; November 13, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Aizen is a potential because his bankai has never been truly revealed. Kenpachi has to make a comeback at least learn shikai or bankai, otherwise wtf is the point of him being a potential?

New Reply
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast