Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

The way i see it Ichigo, Zaraki and Aizen are three of the five potentials. The other two are probably "humans", with Uryuu without a doubt being one of them, and possibly Orihime. Her power is completely different from everyone else's, it stands to reason that she could have resurrected the old man even after Bach incinerated his corpse, that's how poweful she is. I don't see any arrancar/vasto lordes being up there, and Uruhara is destined to be an important supporting character in any upcoming battle.

The only other character I can think of would be Karin, she's just like Ichigo in terms of heritage, and has the potential to be swayed by the Vandenreich given she's much younger than the rest of the major players so far. Her hanging out at Urahara's shop during the Xecution arc has yet to be fully explained, and I get the feeling she has a role to play in what's coming.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Only two War Potentials remain unknown. I think Harribel is actually one of them. I can't see any other reason to keep her imprisoned and alive.
    As for the 5th one... Urahara? Karin? Uryu? Someone we don't know about yet?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be pointless added more characters, that we know next to nothing about. Other then the enemy, would cause to much confusion between readers its safe to assume we know the other 2 but without actually knowing....
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

The remaining SWP are Kon and Hanatarou

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Only two War Potentials remain unknown. I think Harribel is actually one of them. I can't see any other reason to keep her imprisoned and alive.
    As for the 5th one... Urahara? Karin? Uryu? Someone we don't know about yet?
    Well, keeping harribel actually makes perfect sense. As far as we have seen and we have been told vandenreich has the capacity to brainwash people into obedient and disposable servants. Juhabach even wanted to do that with good old ichigo. Harribel was tercera espada in aizen's army and regent of HM before vandenreich showed up, in all likelihood she actually is a decent bit stronger than a number of actual stern ritter. Juhabach kept a number of weaker arrancar as servants, it only makes sense he would keep the strongest one he could get his hands on. I wonder who will get to fight her... perhaps grimmjow to show how he got stronger during the timeskip?

More on topic, I don't think harribel has what it takes to be a war potential. How could she affect the outcome of the war? She is strong but not more than the captains so to speak. She has powerful servants however the only relevant ones would be tres bestias but I doubt they would be a match for the stern ritter. Even the other arrancar around would only serve as militia so to speak.... Harribel didn't seem to have the strength or influence to be that big a deal to juhabach even if allied with SS IMO.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    More on topic, I don't think harribel has what it takes to be a war potential. How could she affect the outcome of the war? She is strong but not more than the captains so to speak. She has powerful servants however the only relevant ones would be tres bestias but I doubt they would be a match for the stern ritter. Even the other arrancar around would only serve as militia so to speak.... Harribel didn't seem to have the strength or influence to be that big a deal to juhabach even if allied with SS IMO.
    Well... I have a rather creepy theory about how Yhwach is using her. He said if he wanted an Arrancar to join him, he can get as many as he can. And then he reveals a chained Harribel behind a curtain - in her released form, no less. I think he's using her... are you ready? As a broodmother. For Arrancars.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that would be a bit of a long term strategy to be honest. Even if arrancar can reproduce (which in all fairness should be possible given their shinigami half) the issue would be that he would get arrancar babies in the short term and one at a time at that. Arrancar would theoretically be much stronger than shinigami at that point however even taking that in consideration it would take an arrancar a decent bit of time to get to captain level. The war is happening now so to speak, there is hardly time for harribel to get pregnant and to raise the baby into a powerful warrior. Even if that was plausible there is no guarantee that your average arrancar would be any more talented than your average shinigami or hollow. In that regard it should be 1 among thousands and thousands that could actually get to captain class so to speak.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Not joking here, Harribel's Hollow hole is in her uterus. It was stated in the Masked databook. So I don't think a plan like that would work. Well, it might, technically Hollows shouldn't be able to breathe properly, yet they can, so maybe the Hollow hole mystically leaves organs unaffected... But more practically, Bach would have to spend years on each Arrancar, unless they're born fully grown (poor Harribel) in which case it would still be months. This is a weird train of thought we're on here...

Anyway, the thing the so far revealed WPs have in common is that they are either at or have the potential to be well above Captain-class. Zaraki's just become this, Aizen already was and Ichigo has been (it's not really clear where his strength lies since the FB arc). I don't think Harribel really qualifies. True, Hitsugaya beat her, but only temporarily and only because her powers were pretty much engineered to make him look cool (that's the one fight I really wasn't a fan of). She still packed more raw power than him as far as I can tell, but even so, I'd still say she lies within the range of Captain-class.
    Still, it may turn out that the final two aren't as strong as the others, and that they were picked for some other reason.

Incidentally, it would be a complete and utter cop out if Bach was one of them himself. It wouldn't make much sense, but if it's about power and who can stand against members of the RG, he does technically meet the criteria (presumably). Could Zanka no Tachi be a WP? It's not an individual obviously, but as a tool of war it's virtually unsurpassed in destructive capability. I don't think anyone else from SS is on the list though, since the invasion would have been the time to gather them. Bach made time to visit Aizen and was about to claim Ichigo, and I suppose he was content to let Royd make the judgement on Kenpachi. He's already been to HM, so that leaves the WotL. There's Urahara, but I don't think Bach would need him. Having already acquired Bankai stealing tech, that thing where they disappear into shadows and whatever other stuff there is, it feels like he already has a rather competent R&D wing in his employ, so no real need of another scientist. Yoruichi's got nothing to warrant placement on the list. Tessai I'm not so sure about. Isshin, I'm not sure on either. He's strong, but how strong? I'm of the opinion that his performance against Aizen is often overstated, but that's just me.

How about Karin and Yuzu? They're far, far from Ichigo right now, but they have all the materials to be every bit as special as he is one day. Given time and training, could Bach make use of them?
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; April 02, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Karin and Yuzu would be definitely be considered war potentials if they had some training. Part of me always wanted Karin to gain some shinigami powers during the timeskip. And with these recent revelations Yuzu would be the Quincy of the family . Anyway back on topic though I think Bach is smart enough to not just consider strength. I agree with the captaini class but I wouldn't be surprised if he separated out qualities amongst the WPs:

Zaraki - Captain Class and brute strength
    Aizen - Intellect and strategy (possibly the Hougyoku too)...what better strategist to have then one who's immortal and lost to SS already. LOL I mean the guy knows what NOT to do now
    Ichigo - Various reasons. The fact he's part Quincy and pure quincy's can't contain him. His bankai, if it can be stolen, can probably only be stolen by Bach.

So who does that leave... I would've ruled Urahara out if Aizen agreed to join Bach but I'm not so sure now. As intelligent as he is I would be surprised if he was Bachs contingency plan for a WP.
    Yourichi - nah
    Isshin - Nah
    Orihime - Yeah. i mean this chick has he power to reject. Aizen was right, that's a power that borders the realm of God (LOL or something like that). Who in their right mind wouldn't want her as an ally or consider her a threat. Plus he probably knows how Ichigo would die to protect his friends. That itself can be used as a tool to manipulate him.
    Ishida Uryu - Bach is probably thinking that Ryuuken believes in the whole pure blood thing enough so that he wont stand against him. But Uryu on the other hand may be different. And given Quilge's insinuation of his power I bet the last thing Bach want's is a Quincy of that power level fighting on the other side.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Orihime is a good guess. She may not be powerful in battle but her healing is definitely topnotch and could therefore affect the outcome of the war.

I'm gonna guess Shunsui or Ukitake because they are the only ones from the Gotei 13 that haven't revealed their bankais (not counting the Vizard captains as they are newer additions to the G13).
    Their bankais can be sealed, but perhaps they could bypass this by breaking the badge or with Urahara's help, and once they do, maybe their bankais are extremely devastating.

Urahara is another obvious guess

Ryuuken or Uryuu

Ginjo or Tsukishima is also my last guess, as others have said, Ginjo is a hybrid and possibly has an unstealable bankai.
    Tsukishima though has a very dangerous ability that can be used to turn the enemy troops to his side, and gain intel on them by stabbing them.
    Last edited by Notak; April 06, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner n1mr0d's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Special War Potentials

So i finished the anime, and started rereading the bleach manga. And here i'm now.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/490

Who do you think the remaining 4 special war potential could be ?

My thought: Ukitake, Kyoraku, Kenpachi, And Isshin.

Any other ideas who they might be ?

Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Special War Potentials

Kenpachi and Aizen are SWPs. As for the remaining two, who knows.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Special War Potentials

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Kenpachi and Aizen are SWPs. As for the remaining two, who knows.
    uryuu (because of the speccial badge), uruhara.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Not joking here, Harribel's Hollow hole is in her uterus. It was stated in the Masked databook. So I don't think a plan like that would work. Well, it might, technically Hollows shouldn't be able to breathe properly, yet they can, so maybe the Hollow hole mystically leaves organs unaffected... But more practically, Bach would have to spend years on each Arrancar, unless they're born fully grown (poor Harribel) in which case it would still be months. This is a weird train of thought we're on here...

Anyway, the thing the so far revealed WPs have in common is that they are either at or have the potential to be well above Captain-class. Zaraki's just become this, Aizen already was and Ichigo has been (it's not really clear where his strength lies since the FB arc). I don't think Harribel really qualifies. True, Hitsugaya beat her, but only temporarily and only because her powers were pretty much engineered to make him look cool (that's the one fight I really wasn't a fan of). She still packed more raw power than him as far as I can tell, but even so, I'd still say she lies within the range of Captain-class.
    Still, it may turn out that the final two aren't as strong as the others, and that they were picked for some other reason.

Incidentally, it would be a complete and utter cop out if Bach was one of them himself. It wouldn't make much sense, but if it's about power and who can stand against members of the RG, he does technically meet the criteria (presumably). Could Zanka no Tachi be a WP? It's not an individual obviously, but as a tool of war it's virtually unsurpassed in destructive capability. I don't think anyone else from SS is on the list though, since the invasion would have been the time to gather them. Bach made time to visit Aizen and was about to claim Ichigo, and I suppose he was content to let Royd make the judgement on Kenpachi. He's already been to HM, so that leaves the WotL. There's Urahara, but I don't think Bach would need him. Having already acquired Bankai stealing tech, that thing where they disappear into shadows and whatever other stuff there is, it feels like he already has a rather competent R&D wing in his employ, so no real need of another scientist. Yoruichi's got nothing to warrant placement on the list. Tessai I'm not so sure about. Isshin, I'm not sure on either. He's strong, but how strong? I'm of the opinion that his performance against Aizen is often overstated, but that's just me.

How about Karin and Yuzu? They're far, far from Ichigo right now, but they have all the materials to be every bit as special as he is one day. Given time and training, could Bach make use of them?
    well, we heard that arrancar dont need to be thought how to fight, which sugests they learn far faster then a normal person, maybe even learning all but their ultimate abiulities by simple instnct soon after they come into existence, it would fit their hollow heritage well enough, and speaking of hollow heritage it is possible that any arrancar that are born develop very VERY quikly due to their hollow traits, in that case it makes perfect sense to use halibel as a brood mother, i even theorized about it on another thread, but now i think its more possible then before.
    however i think even if that is true it doesnt make her a SWP, i believe special war potentials are all people who have the potential to be extreemly royaly strong, so strong they could maybe possibly be a threat to ywach himself and of course, change the course of the war. thats why he wants to have as many of them for himself as possible.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Uryuu as a potential, I'm predicting Uryuu picked up some nice tricks from the Vanderich..maybe one of the strongest soldiers now.

Having a hard time letting Issin go, he has a special kind of power that I feel comfortable pairing with Aizen.

And yoruichi and Tessai, havent seen kido used on the Quincy yet and Shunkou a bankai level ability that cant be stolen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Uyuu does seem like he would be a war potenial at this point but we also have to take into consideration that he is a half-blooded Quincy and it would seem that Ywach doesn't see them as anything other the fodder. But Uyruu is a special case, hopefully we will find out soon. I don't think next chapter will show ichigo's new zan
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast