Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 War Potentials

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    Hey, He always have "Zombie" girl for that job...
    Depending on how Giselle´s power functions, those resurrected by her might still be alive even when she´s dead...undead...(whatever state she´s in.)...
    That´s his resurrection/necromancer right there.
    I only brought that up, because he said he would take Ichigo back to Vandenreich by force. Meaning he'd kill him, take him back to their headquarters and resurrect him for his own means. That's what I got from the Mangastream translation, not sure if it was accurate or not.

Would be cool though, if Ywhach, could resurrect people.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The two remaining Special War Powers

So far three of the five Special War Powers have been revealed:
    - Ichigo
    - Zaraki
    - Aizen

While it has not been confirmed yet, it's blatantly obvious that Uryu is one too.

Additionally, Yhwach mentioned that he didn't consider Yamamaoto a Special War Power because he is now "weak" compared to a thousand years ago.

But who is the last one?

===//===//===

The thing all three confirmed Special War Power have in common is that they don't have much power on their own, or at least one they could use to begin with. Both Ichigo and Zaraki still needed to train to make the difference in the war, and Aizen power was sealed. For that reason, I would exclude strong characters like Yhwach himself, Isshin, Urahara, Yoruichi, Tessai, Ryuken and Gremmy.

The only possibility I can think of is the remaining Espada, that is, Neriel and Grimmjow. They don't hold any overwhelming power on their own, but maybe one of them has a hidden potential? Besides Hollows are especially dangerous to Quincy.
    Last edited by Fox666; August 16, 2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The two remaining Special War Powers

Plot twist: there's actually no such thing as the Special War Powers. Yhwach made them up for the sake of trolling his subordinates and us readers.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably not going to be an espada in any way shape or form. It's just so hard to figure out, with the characters switching in power rank over and over........Perhaps it is Chad?
    Meh

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Merged your thread with the already existing war potential thread, since the discussion is based on the same topic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    So far three of the five Special War Powers have been revealed:
    - Ichigo
    - Zaraki
    - Aizen

While it has not been confirmed yet, it's blatantly obvious that Uryu is one too.

Additionally, Yhwach mentioned that he didn't consider Yamamaoto a Special War Power because he is now "weak" compared to a thousand years ago.

But who is the last one?

===//===//===

The thing all three confirmed Special War Power have in common is that they don't have much power on their own, or at least one they could use to begin with. Both Ichigo and Zaraki still needed to train to make the difference in the war, and Aizen power was sealed. For that reason, I would exclude strong characters like Yhwach himself, Isshin, Urahara, Yoruichi, Tessai, Ryuken and Gremmy.

The only possibility I can think of is the remaining Espada, that is, Neriel and Grimmjow. They don't hold any overwhelming power on their own, but maybe one of them has a hidden potential? Besides Hollows are especially dangerous to Quincy.
    Well I think that the War Potential consist solely of Shinigamis and nit Quincy's and Hollows. For once all the Quincy's got their special power from bach himself so they can't really chose a side and the Hollows were never a threat to the VR seeing that they already conquered Hueco Mundo.

I can imagine Isshin being one cause his ban kai seems to resemble Yama-jii's alot seeing that it puts a lot of stress on it's wielder and there has to be a reason why Shunsui visited him before the second invasion. The other one could be Shunsui himself cause he is like the Yama-jii that even bach feared. Someone who is powerful and who doesn't hesitate to sacrifice his comerades if it means winning the war (see Unohana). he even blocked the blade of Hashwald with no effort without using shikai whereas ichigo's in bankai couldn't withstand a clash of hashwald's blade.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryu could choose his side, at least until that point.

I don't remember Shunsui ever facing Yhwach, which chapter did that happen?
    TOBI IS OBITO

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Uryu could choose his side, at least until that point.

I don't remember Shunsui ever facing Yhwach, which chapter did that happen?
    Where did I say Shunsui facing off against bach?
    Uryuu got strong because of bach's blood without bach's blood he would still be lower captain level. So the quincy#s are not really a danger to bach besides maybe Ryuuken with his title last quincy.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad, I read it wrong.

About Uryu, Quilge briefly said he shouldn't be weaker than him, so I don't think he was so dependant of Yhwach blood.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that those 5 are only shinigami, but they are the most dangerous ones for yhwach. Ichigo and Aizen are clearly the 2 diamond points of the manga, and for what concerns kenpachi, we now know the reason. The remaining 2 are most likely Ryuken (strangely a quincy-hater) and either nimaiya or Hyosube (likely stronger than yamamoto).
    Are you discussing about Uryu? he could one-shot mayuri's bankai thank to letz still, now he is supposed to be above the other SRs. however, he clearly isn't a war powers, as they are yhwach's enemies and the SRs have to kill those 5.
    Ryuken hates quincy, but he should be stronger than his son, I guess he is at isshin's level, who was as strong as aizen before the latter used the hougyoku.
    I also thought of urahara, but he surely he isn't an option anymore: he was in the HM but Kirge didn't acknowledge him. He is the smartest character,yet nowhere around Aizen's level. he is "weak" compared to the 3 monsters already known.
    Here it's explained well: http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Wandenr...ial_War_Powers , but can those who have the volumes confirm that kenpachi used to be ranked first amongst the 5 SWP?
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; August 18, 2014 at 07:39 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that the remaining SWP are most probably a Royal Guard member and Urahara or someone that offers mostly at "Utility" fields.

Ichigo is a Hybrid with every single known power inside him. - AKA Hybrid-Plot Armor powers.
    Aizen is immortal, a genious and has power at least double that of a normal captain unless he is still in his ascended form. AKA transcended powers.
    Zaraki has the most raw power than everyone and is currently the strongest shinigami alive. - AKA Destructive powers

So I would say we are missing some kind of Utility and Defensive kind of powers. I would say that Kiddo can fall under defensive and that Utility can come in many shapes and forms either by inventions or healing or who knows what. So my guesses are :

Urahara and Ichibei Hyōsube.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    It's not that those 5 are only shinigami, but they are the most dangerous ones for yhwach. Ichigo and Aizen are clearly the 2 diamond points of the manga, and for what concerns kenpachi, we now know the reason. The remaining 2 are most likely Ryuken (strangely a quincy-hater) and either nimaiya or Hyosube (likely stronger than yamamoto).
    Are you discussing about Uryu? he could one-shot mayuri's bankai thank to letz still, now he is supposed to be above the other SRs. however, he clearly isn't a war powers, as they are yhwach's enemies and the SRs have to kill those 5.
    Ryuken hates quincy, but he should be stronger than his son, I guess he is at isshin's level, who was as strong as aizen before the latter used the hougyoku.
    I also thought of urahara, but he surely he isn't an option anymore: he was in the HM but Kirge didn't acknowledge him. He is the smartest character,yet nowhere around Aizen's level. he is "weak" compared to the 3 monsters already known.
    Here it's explained well: http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Wandenr...ial_War_Powers , but can those who have the volumes confirm that kenpachi used to be ranked first amongst the 5 SWP?
    Strangely? not in the least from what I gather. Juhabach is directly responsible for the death of katagiri, at least indirectly responsible for the death of masaki and perhaps even dozens of others half blood quincy around him.

I would think urahara is a war potential. Urahara's power does not seem to be exceptional by gotei 13 standards so far however his brain is extremely dangerous. Looking at the manga urahara has already changed the course of the war singlehandedly. He devised the hollow pill to get shinigami bankais back and he is the one that is going to send ichigo to the royal realm shortly. And he also has prepared a small army to help the shinigami fight the quincy. He gathered arrancar at HM, he even got grimmjow who is a proper captain level fighter (I get the feeling he is going to fight bazzb), 3 bestias who are VC level fighters that can unleash allon on sternriter and who knows who else. And of course he has tessai, yoruichi and the vizards on the human world on his side. Yamamoto was probably stronger than even the current kenpachi and yet he did not make it to the war potentials, clearly power alone is not the only standard. Urahara's role in the war is already too significant, I doubt juhabach would have failed to consider him a potential issue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What if there's more to Isshin that we have yet to be told, he is a shiba member but again we know very little as to why they were dropped from noble status, also Kaien was killed before Isshin was captain or am I misinterpting the time frame.

Also I remember someone saying Kukaku is a possibility.
    Spoiler show

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Strangely? not in the least from what I gather. Juhabach is directly responsible for the death of katagiri, at least indirectly responsible for the death of masaki and perhaps even dozens of others half blood quincy around him.

I would think urahara is a war potential. Urahara's power does not seem to be exceptional by gotei 13 standards so far however his brain is extremely dangerous. Looking at the manga urahara has already changed the course of the war singlehandedly. He devised the hollow pill to get shinigami bankais back and he is the one that is going to send ichigo to the royal realm shortly. And he also has prepared a small army to help the shinigami fight the quincy. He gathered arrancar at HM, he even got grimmjow who is a proper captain level fighter (I get the feeling he is going to fight bazzb), 3 bestias who are VC level fighters that can unleash allon on sternriter and who knows who else. And of course he has tessai, yoruichi and the vizards on the human world on his side. Yamamoto was probably stronger than even the current kenpachi and yet he did not make it to the war potentials, clearly power alone is not the only standard. Urahara's role in the war is already too significant, I doubt juhabach would have failed to consider him a potential issue.
    I think the important factor for becomming a SWP is if bach can fathom your potential or not. I think that Bach put the ones on the list whose potential he can't calculate. It goes without saying that Ichigo's potential is even way above the Hogyoku, Aizen become the Hogyoku and Kenpachi is limiting himself. All three war potentials have in common that they have a potential ability-wise that is hard to imagine. This gets even more confirmed with Gremmy failing to imagine what Kenpachi is like powerwise.

With this in mind there are only a few possible candidates left whose potential may be way beyond what anyone can imagine:

The RG ( I doubt Bach already faced them once so he most likely knows what most of them are capable off)

Tessai(is a loose card cause he hardly fights and Kidou seems to be not to the quincy's liking)

Isshin( His knowledge about SS far surpasses that of his generation. I mean Byakuya,Gin and so on are not nearly as knoledgable about the SS and zanpaktou making as isshin is. So I still doubt we know everything about his real identity and why he has a beef with the SK and SS.)

Ryuuken(If all Quincy's are bound to bach then I can't see how anyone of them can harm Bach if Bach can easily absorb their powers)
    Last edited by Mohsen; August 20, 2014 at 04:30 AM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I think the important factor for becomming a SWP is if bach can fathom your potential or not. I think that Bach put the ones on the list whose potentual he can't calculate. IT goes withoout saying that Ichigo's potential is even way above the Hogyoku, Aizen become the Hogyoku and Kenpachi is limiting himself. All three war potentials have in common that they have a potential ability-wise that is hard to imagine. This gets even more confirmed with Gremmy failing to imagine what Kenpachi is like powerwise.

With this in mind there are only a few possible candidates left whose potential may be way beyond what anyone can imagine:

The RG ( I doubt Bach already faced them once so he most likely knows what most of them are capable off)

Tessai(is a loose card cause he hardly fights and Kidou seems to be not to the quincy's liking)

Isshin( His knowledge about SS far surpasses that of his generation. I mean Byakuya,Gin and so on are not nearly as knoledgable about the SS and zanpaktou making as isshin is. So I still doubt we know everything about his real identity and why he has a beef with the SK and SS.)

Ryuuken(If all Quincy's are bound to bach then I can't see how anyone of them can harm Bach if Bach can easily absorb their powers)
    To be fair there isn't a cap to what the orb can do as far as we know. Supposedly it beings out things which were already within the realm of possibilities for the user so what we have seen pertains more to aizen than the orb itself. Anyways, thats probably neither here nor there.

Gremy did make the point that he could in fact imagine kenpachi's power. What he failed to do is imagine a body that could contain it.

To be honest I don't get the impression bach thinks very highly of the royal guard as a whole. Seeing how he reacted to kirinji it kinda seems like he holds them in the same stem as yamamoto in a way. There could be a specific royal guard he has on his list although it does not seem like he would even know them all that well.

I am not sure of what you mean about ishin. We don't really have any reason to think ishin is exceptionally knowledgeable about the things you mention as far as I can tell. He has never given us any insight in regards to zampakuto making or SS history so far.

Ryuken is probably bound to bach although not in a way that would stop him from fighting bach. He is not as sternriter after all, he does not have a letter. I guess he could be vulnerable to being selected if that is a thing that juhabach can do at will although there is a chance that he might be unable to do that. Even if he could he would probably choose not to considering he still needs ishida on his side.

If we are talking about "war" potentials then I would argue we are simply talking about people who could have disproportionate influence over the war, people that could turn the tide against wandenreich. The literal translation is "notable fighting powers" however that alone is in itself very ambiguous. Ichigo and kenpachi being on the list is obvious. Ichigo is a whim away from godhood as far as we know, if he turns into what he was against aizen then juhabach might as well wave a white flag, bend over and pray to ichigo that he is a merciful god. Kenpachi is exceptionally powerful and he does not even have bankai. To boot he has the brutality and blood-lust to match his power. For me aizen as a notable fighting power is still a bit ambiguous. He is powerful, brutal and insanely intelligent. It would make sense for him to be seen in the same light as kenpachi and ichigo however at large it does not seem like aizen fits the profile of a potential war enemy. More so, it is a notable fighting power which juhabach apparently thought would be willing to join him. To me it looks like a "One of these is not like the rest" kinda thing.

Anyways, there are at least 2 remaining powers in any scenario. I would think urahara has done more than enough and juhabach is not the kind to have overlooked him. Perhaps to begin with he is what he had in mind when he said he expected the shinigami to figure out how to recover the bankais. Urahara is the most brilliant mind in SS with only aizen perhaps coming close. So the big question is just who exactly would be the last one.... I guess he could be one of the royals although that depends on whether he knew anything about the royals to begin with. I would give a spot to orihime to be honest. Her ability so far has no limits and if abused would make it impossible to defeat the shinigami. We have seen her bring the dead back to life before, her ability to heal by itself exceeds unohana's and she can continue to do so indefinitely. There is no reason for her to be unable to heal shinigami continually. That her ability does not seem to fit into any of the known powers by itself is also suspicious. Juhabach even mentioned her when talking down to yamamoto's dead body.

New Reply
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast