Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Concluding plot in new waves?!?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Concluding plot in new waves?!?

I have been thinking pretty much about the current situation (chapter 76) and I came up with some possible plots for the end of part 2.

Spoiler show

Thanks for reading btw

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Concluding plot in new waves?!?

hm. no offense there but the OP is a bit misleading as you don't really talk about the overall plot, you just raise some points, Ki-center being more a powerlevel thingy rather than plot, and Shiho you talk about but not in terms of all plot points she raises: what about what Shiho's revival would mean for the overall plot? For 9ADs chances to make a u-turn from darkness, for Shioon i.e. Where would she fit in if she were back? Would she be back at 100% or need long time recuperation and healing? Would her mind survive?

As for your theory of the author "killing of Sera" so that she can be "revived"only as a plot device to get the info about Shio waiting for resurrection to Shioon, that is a very far stretch imho as the author should stay away from resurrection as much as possible - it's a high risk of takeing out the realism, Shiho is a very special case I guess - and I still am not sure if I like it - I only would if she still is alive/comatose but it seems she really died (unless he kept her in this state of "clincally dead" -which is determined by ceasing brainwaves or I dunno what but the bottom line is it's not entirely dead yet but so dead that normally no return is possible - or if people are re-animated back from it they mostly end up living vegetables as the brain has suffered way to much oxygen loss and is irrepairably damaged) if she were like that I guess something could be said for her returning not being totally asspull out of the question...

BTW your plot construction when it comes to him enlisting Shioon's help/blood would work without killing Sera if he simply offers him to cure Shioon's mom the way he cures Shiho - much more likely - seriously, killing Sera just to rezz her 10 chaps later would feel borderline retarded to me, it would be all too obvious plot device - it also would give Sera more weight compared to the other girls and I am not so sure we are headded that way either - but this is my subjective take on this ...

Still, nice post takeing your time thinking things out
    But if I read wrapping up "new waves plot" I personally think more along the lines of:
    what will happen with SUC, will Shioon and 9AD meet already during this arc, will Sun-Woo face of against Cundomoon or not and such, will the alliance be completely destroyed, what role will Shioon grow into in the world of Murinim ...
    Last edited by haegar; June 18, 2012 at 03:16 PM.

New Reply