Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 366 Discussion/367 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dake360's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 366 Discussion/367 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    She held her breath

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    I wonder that there is some sort of shield on the flying bike that protects them, otherwise they would have died quickly. The outer space is a place inhospitable for life. Temperatures are lower of -120ºC in the shade but in the sun are of 150ºC. There is no oxygen to breathe, cosmic radiation is very intense and micrometeorites cause sandstorms. And wouldn't they start to catch fire as soon they enter the atmosphere?
    Aren't the rest of the team still on the ship?
    If i'm not mistaken this is the first time that the bikes have appeared to have a protective barrier around the riders. Everybody else got slapped out or murdered while riding. The bike, Kei and Tae couldn't possibly survive the journey.

Yep everyone else is still on the ship.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a feeling something like this (fantastic space adventures) would happen ever since I read somewhere that Oku 'didn't know' what the vampires were up to, when he was asked about their absence. It sounded as though they weren't going to be relevant at all in this arc and I figured everybody would become isolated somehow. I didn't expect Kei to be isolated from the main story though. I just can't see him returning to the mothership now. By the looks of it Nishi will be killed off very soon and the story will focus solely on Kei2/Katou now that Cherry's dead.

Remaining character groups are:
    Nishi (fucked)
    Tokyo team (fucked, but Oku will deus ex machina them the hell out of there)
    Kei + Tae-chan (safe and probably out of action for a while)
    Vampires (lol)
    Sebastien (probably never coming back)
    Zaibatsu?
    Ryou + Natsu (gonna make a comeback I just know it)

Just watch Tae-chan become the sole survivor here when TT dies in space and Kei gets mobbed by anti-terrorist vigilantes.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Tae will be the underdog that all of a sudden rules earth. THE WAY SHE PLANNED IT! GOD DAMN HAX ALIEN TAE..

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we'll ever find out where the Gantz man went after the Italy mission.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite how... unlikely Kei's return to Tokyo was I'm pretty excited to see how the terrorist angle is going to play out.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Possible nothing will happen. The giants are seemingly gone now.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Other than that...it's weird to see all those giant corpses...i wonder how they died.
    Sakurai; he killed them, when he arrived in the ship on the carrier he killed multiple aliens.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I wonder if we'll ever find out where the Gantz man went after the Italy mission.
    Just my thought: Gantz died in the building, he left the room after the Italy mission for some unknown reason and returned when Kato and the team arrived during Katostrophe. Nishi was with Takeshi and Gantz when the suicide spider things came in and blew up the place. By the way, Kaze probably misses his dear Takeshi, I wonder where Oku is going with the Tokyo team (Most probably they're FUCKED haha).

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're talking about the man inside the Gantz ball of Tokyo team, he's dead, his corpse was discovered by Nishi.

----

Sad to see that Oku joyfully show his ignorance of fundamental physics. Making hollywood-like manga is one thing, but simply ignoring world fundamental physics is another thing.

And I don't think the bike had a protective shield, it never had before, that would be just bs too if it magically had one now.

----

Also the thing about Nishi relying on the Zaibatsu to teleport him back is complete bullshit. First the Zaibatsu didn't plan to destroy the building but just submit the aliens, and kill all the mech warriors as soon as they approached too near the building.

And it simply doesn't make sense that Nishi hacked the whole Gantz system to teleport himself, and didn't plan a way out. And who the hell then did send the virus aliens to the Zaibatsu building? Oku just destroyed the Nishi character in the last chapters, making him back to a simple and pretty dumb psychotic schooler, when we were used to see him as the cleverest Gantz character with primary rule being survival (although not the strongest, but at least the smartest).
    Last edited by grosbedo; June 21, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Possible nothing will happen. The giants are seemingly gone now.
    They wouldn't have had his dad crying about the situation just a few chapters ago if they were going to let it just go away, though.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I know he's dead. I'm talking about the time he left the apartment after the Italy mission.

We've never been in a situation where the bike might demonstrate that it has a shield, though you'd think it wouldn't since that's what the suit is for.

I don't know what you're talking about in that last paragraph. The zaibatsu were never going to 'submit' to the aliens. They intended to surround the tower with mechs and blow them all up. This would destroy the tower I would think.

I agree it doesn't make any sense that Nishi would jump into battle without an escape plan. Especially when his only remaining option is to rely on the good will of others. It's Nishi ffs! Many of us saw this coming when we found out he was going to transfer himself to the battlefield. Obviously he can't leave without his laptop so why didn't he bring it?

Furthermore, what the fuck happened to his invisibility? Why doesn't he switch it on and either sneak out of there or lay low til they give up the search?

In any case Nishi can still escape as long as he finds his way to a computer. Hope he makes it somehow.
    Last edited by Damura; June 21, 2012 at 07:13 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The zaibatsu were never going to 'submit' to the aliens. They intended to surround the tower with mechs and blow them all up. This would destroy the tower I would think.
    I didn't say they planned to submit to the aliens, but submit the aliens (making them their slaves, etc...).

As we've seen, it would have been useless to blow up the mechs if they came near enough the tower, since a single mech can destroy it, so if there are several it's only better.

That's why I guess that the zaibatsu only wanted to threaten the Aliens so that they could control them and force them to give their technology, and use it to rule the world. There's no other reason they would blow up their own mechs so close to the goal.

----

About Nishi, even without computer, since he hacked full access to the Gantz system, he could just bind special controls to his suit (like the Zaibatsu did) so that he could just teleport back whenever he wanted.

He HACKED GANTZ for god's sake, it's just totally bs that now he hasn't got any way out. I mean, from what we know, noone ever hacked Gantz. So the cleverest guy ever in Gantz now just gets stuck till death? WTF
    Last edited by grosbedo; June 21, 2012 at 07:27 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Submit isn't the right word. In any case they weren't planning on enslaving the giants. They planned to blow up the tower. The zaibatsu expected heavy resistance before they got to the tower. Apparently Cherry took care of all the threats before he died. Even though he didn't since the robots attacked Tae and Fra...

The zaibatsu didn't have any special controls on their suit.. the fat, cowardly one was controlling everything on his laptop. When the zaibatsu wanted anything they had to use their mobile phones. The main reason I believe some of the zaibatsu are still alive is because the ones that just died were calling out to someone for a transfer even though the guy operating the laptop was obviously unable to do anything about it.

Nishi isn't the only one to hack Gantz. An unknown force (probably the giants) has used it to block transfers and send in spiders, and the zaibatsu have hooked up their own technology to Gantz balls. He said it himself; the security was surprisingly weak (whatever that means). He's no genius.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok but then he could have brought a mobile phone, satellites were still at reach. And anyway he's still the smartest of all of the Tokyo Team, because even if the security was "surprisingly weak", noone of the other member thought to try to do that!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

None of the other members think.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Nishi will somehow be saved by Takeshi. He'll probably push some button on the laptop that teleports him out XD

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast