Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Ukitake's Bankai

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake's Bankai

I have a strange suspicion that based on what's going on in SS Ukitake will be the only one to actually utilize his Bankai. I wonder if anyone else has thought of this but perhaps the reason why he's sick is because his Bankai is based on transfering his own current health to another target and cleaning his own in the process. So by housing this sickness he's been dealing with for years he pretty much has a catalyst which allows him to kill one target of his choosing.

The problem though is his personality, he's to much of a kind-hearted individual to utilize this Bankai on just anyone which is why he has yet to use it and why he didn't use it back in FKT. This situation is different however with how SS is pretty much a battlefield atm Ukitake may use his bankai as a chance to get rid of one overpowered target and perhaps make it where he can throw off the composure of the enemy if they think he can use his bankai as many times as he likes.

The way I see his Bankai working is like this, he first impales the target with his right blade, then proceeds to impale himself with the other blade. Then he yells out Bankai and the surge of energy instantaneously heals him while it inflicts his illness on the enemy. Odds are said illness is at a pretty nasty stage at the moment so if anyone were to suddenly be inflicted with whatever he has at the moment it would most likely kill them instantaneously.

If you notice this Bankai is pretty viscous and not really something Ukitake would want to use unless it was really needed but now's the time that he has to use it so that he can put himself into 100% fighting form otherwise he risk being killed because of the disease he is holding in his body if it were to act up while he was fighting.

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ukitake's Bankai

Interesting idea. How did you base this opinion, I wonder, because I tend to think it has little got to do with Sogyo no Kotowari. We still don't know anything about Kyoraku's Bankai, either.
    Besides, while advising Kyoraku to refrain from using his Bankai against Starkk, Ukitake himself did not resort to his own Bankai. Perhaps it was due to Wonderweiss' unexpected charge that cut his fight short.

Aside from that, this kind of power is a reminiscent of voodoo dolls. Then, Ukitake could cut his own hand and transfer the damage to his opponent with his Bankai, which would be a terrifying power, even for someone of his caliber.

All in all, I found your theory enthusiastic.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It reminds me of the ginu force captain in dbz.
    Cool theory. I am hoping we see lots from ukitake and shunsui. I want to see their complementary zanpaktou working.together in a battle. I want it to be shown.that their complementary skills in shikai can rival even the top bankais

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in the last chapter it showed Ukitake laying on the ground. I hope he's not on the verge of defeat. I doubt Kubo would do that to him or Kyoraku as their bankai's have yet to be revealed. Something tells me their bankai's are too dangerous to be used around comrades. Something like Hitsugaya not wanting to use his flower technique with full bankai power. If they're equals, Shunsui and Juushiro, and Kubo says Shunsui's bankai is on some level where it could beat Aizen- I have a good feeling he'll use it for someone extremely strong. What it entails is beyond me though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I think in the last chapter it showed Ukitake laying on the ground. I hope he's not on the verge of defeat. I doubt Kubo would do that to him or Kyoraku as their bankai's have yet to be revealed. Something tells me their bankai's are too dangerous to be used around comrades. Something like Hitsugaya not wanting to use his flower technique with full bankai power. If they're equals, Shunsui and Juushiro, and Kubo says Shunsui's bankai is on some level where it could beat Aizen- I have a good feeling he'll use it for someone extremely strong. What it entails is beyond me though.
    Ukitake hasn't been shown in the last few chapters let alone wounded on the ground. Also where and when did Kubo say that Shunsui's bankai could beat Aizen?

@Topic

I thought that was a pretty good idea and sounded like some crazy voodoo doll stuff. Sounds like something Kubo would come up with.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice idea. Would suck to have this bankai though as, although powerful, for the whole of your life (outside of fights which would necessitate bankai) you would be feeling rough and sick as hell...
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    Ukitake hasn't been shown in the last few chapters let alone wounded on the ground. Also where and when did Kubo say that Shunsui's bankai could beat Aizen?

@Topic

I thought that was a pretty good idea and sounded like some crazy voodoo doll stuff. Sounds like something Kubo would come up with.
    Maybe you don't pay close enough attention. Check the bottom right panel on this page
    Spoiler show

Now what was that about Ukitake not being shown in these past few chapters? He's right there in chapter 500, but I think it looks like he's either in front of some ruble, or he's down (I hope not the latter).

Anyway on topic, if his bankai is anything like his shikai perhaps it's suited for countering other bankais, but his shikai being what it is should be useful in at least redirecting energy attacks of other zanpakutos. Such as Byakuya's. Not sure if he could redirect all those blades with sogyo no kotowari or not though.
    Last edited by freshseth83; August 05, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

New Reply