Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What are you most excited to see?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tobi's plan come to fruition

11 28.21%
  • The conclusion to Madara's fight

9 23.08%
  • Orochimaru's return

19 48.72%
New Reply

Thread: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 592 The Third Power

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 592 The Third Power

"There's something I absolutely must do, even if it means meeting that bastard."
    Sasuke Uchiha

Well there we have it folks. With Edo Tensei undone and Itachi and Kabuto dispatched, Kishimoto is moving full steam ahead on a number of fronts giving us the briefest teaser of the shape of things to come. Before we get to that, though, let's go over last week's poll on which Kage were most likely to bite the dust. In order of most likely to die to least, you voted: Onoki, Tsunade, A, Mei, Gaara. And about as many of you voted that everyone would live as voted that Tsunade would die.

Now for the chapter review...

Naruto 592 Third Power
    The images in this review are credited to Mangastream.

What is a clan? What is a village? What is a shinobi?

Those musings from Sasuke (accompanied by visuals of his family, Konoha, the Five Kage, and his former comrades) open this chapter. He regards Kabuto and wonders about his own identity, proving that Kabuto had the truth of it when he said Sasuke and he were alike. And from the heavens comes an answer in the form of a (partially) reunited Team Hebi.

Meanwhile, the Kage are still astounded Madara wasn't unsummoned and Madara continues to make arrogant proclamations and be an dick all-around. Sure, he says that he won't bring his perfect Susanoo back out because that would be bad sport (especially given it's reputation) and that the recent interference has caused him to lose interest in their match. It might be more accurate to say that he was forced to quit that technique when Itachi temporarily de-summoned him and that he only now fully has the freedom to pursue his own agendas. Of course, saying any of that would point to Madara not being totally in control of a situation so it's understandable why he wouldn't admit it.

Mei think they should make a retreat, but Onoki won't have it. He means to uphold his promise to Naruto to the death, which is a sentiment Madara may oblige.

Elsewhere, Kabuto, Guy, Naruto and B are giving it their all against Tobi's Gedo Mazo in a brief, but well drawn action sequence. Naruto riles up Tobi, against Kakashi's explicit orders, in an attempt to get him to reveal his true identity. Instead, Tobi decides that he's had enough of this and, Eight and Nine-Tails be damned, he'll revive the Ten-Tails right now. He reasons that even if it's not in its perfect form, the Ten-Tails will be more than powerful enough to accomplish what he needs it to.

So in a chapter that's seen Madara assume the position of the person most in control of the war only to be succeeded by Tobi, the chapter cycles back around to Sasuke. Juugo reveals to Sasuke that Madara is still fighting and at first, it seems like Sasuke will take up his late brother's last mission. However, Juugo's interrupted by Suigetsu, who gets in the chapter's best line when referring to Kabuto's large...appendage. Suigetsu proudly hands Sasuke the scroll he found, sure that it will let Team Hebi rule the world. Which brings us to the chapter's title and the chapter's big mystery/cliffhanger...

The third force that Sasuke mused about was shinobi. What is a shinobi? Unlike clans or individuals, the shinobi is an individual. He trains, becomes highly skilled, and carries out his mission at all costs. Thanks to Itachi's recent revelations, Sasuke mission, his identity, is in flux. Before he decides who to become, Sasuke turns to the sole person who perhaps embodies the idea of a shinobi more than anyone. The man who knows everything. The man who, while not as naturally talented as Hashirama or Madara, pushed past his limitations through perseverance. The man who set himself a task of learning everything there is to know in the world and came closer than anyone has. Orochimaru. Undead, undying, holding refuge, perhaps, inside unconscious Anko.

This was another impressively illustrated chapter, despite what Madara (above) has to say about it. The three different locales/situations gave Kishimoto amply opportunity to deliver diverse artwork. Clear standouts were the environments of the Kage fight and Kabuto's hideout, Sasuke's illustrated thoughts, and some very stunning perspectives (see above) sprinkled throughout the chapter. But then, any chapter that delivers a prominent image of Eight-Tails Killer B uppercutting a Gedo Mazo statue is pretty much guaranteed to be great.

Well, this chapter was definitely one of transition. It moved all the characters into place in very big and in one case very surprising ways. That said, despite the gorgeous art and great dialogue, I hesitate to give this chapter my highest rating until I have a better idea of where these storylines are heading. Let's tackle the big three, shall we.
    • Madara makes clear his intent to capture Naruto. Besides re-motivating the Kage who remember their promise to the young shinobi, this points towards us learning more about the relationship between Madara and Tobi and how the Moon Eye Plan was cooked up.
    • Tobi finally brings his plan to fruition, albeit prematurely, foregoing capturing the 8 and 9 tails to revive a perfect ten tails for reviving a still very powerful ten tails and placing the world under genjutsu. Not nearly as intriguing a development as the one above or below, it is happening a bit sooner than I expected.
    • Finally taking a pause from his non-stop revenge, Sasuke has a rare moment of introspection and is beginning to grow as a character into someone who can find redemption by series end. And the next step on that road involves my personal favorite character (or at least villain) in the manga...Orochimaru.

Naruto 592 was another satisfying chapter, so it gets a ...

4 out of 5.

Predictions

I'll say it. I don't know. There are certain things you can count on from a shonen series. Friendship will win in the end (read: Sasuke and Naruto resolve their issues). And the bad guys are defeated through will power on the protagonist's part. That coupled with some narrative logic suggest that Madara and Tobi will face defeat and that their undoing will be their pride and in Tobi's case, specifically, that the Ten-Tails will be revived in its non-perfect form.

But then there's the cliffhanger. Orochimaru! Just what was hidden in that scroll that could win a war or tame a world? What information could Orochimaru impart onto Sasuke? There are too many directions this could head to guess. Something about the Uchiha or Senju, a particular and new jutsu, the weaknesses of a jutsu we've already been shown or know is coming, knowledge about the Sage.

See you all next week Allied shinobi...

One Line Reviews
    • Yaaarggh, there be (mild) spoilers here! Enter at ye own peril!
    • The plot continues to thicken in One Piece 673 and not just because of the cornstarch. Okay, mostly because of the cornstarch but also because of some betrayals and double dealings.
    • In Bleach 499, someone royally jumps the gun on the whole 'We're getting rescued thing' and Urahara gains a level in badass.
    • In a really, really hard week for me to pick a Best Chapter, I'll give it to Tower of God S02 Ch22, the Untrustworthy Room Epilogue which provides a closure, additional intrigue, and a little bit of fanservice to a pretty entertaining arc.

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 592 The Third Power

thanks black! good review,this time I even agree with you for what concerns the mark . about the poll,I'm the only one who voted tobi,because that's something I really want to witness!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The best part about the chapter is that we don't know what's going to happen next.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

tobi's about to revive the 10tails,whereas sasuke will meet orochimaru. meanwhile,madara will still play with the kages,till someone stronger than them reach the battlefield and slow down madara.
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; July 07, 2012 at 08:47 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Another nice read here. This time I really have nothing to add but thanks!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply