Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

    37 48.68%
  • Good

    34 44.74%
  • Average

    2 2.63%
  • Bad

    3 3.95%
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 191

Thread: Bleach 498 Discussion

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    NAM61
    Of course he ran from Ichi, but Ichi's strength rivals strength of several Captain. Remember that when he fought Ginjou just by getting in Bankai and making a single swing he managed to rip the barrier that couldn't break three Captains and Ikkaku and Renji combined. So imagine Ichi's strength even in Shikai. Thus I believe Kirge can fight Captain in Bankai without a need to steal it as he seems one of the strongest in Vanderreich.

    So in the next chapter I believe we are going back to SS and then after several chapters of fights we are going to see Ichigo coming to rescue. I believe he will come just in time to save Rukia or Renji. But mostly I believe it will be Rukia.
    I honestly don't understand why you are still going on about that? Yes Ichigo is strong but he isn't at the lvl he was at when he fought aizen. I understand that you think that he is super powerful because he could break out of the cube and the captains couldn't(still still think its based on interpretation) but for you to be so adamant about it makes no sense. What would it take for you to believe he isn't as strong as he used to be?

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    So was Ichigo trying to understand his opponent again but clashing swords with him? I think that as something to do with the reason he hasn't killed him yet.

    ---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    I honestly don't understand why you are still going on about that? Yes Ichigo is strong but he isn't at the lvl he was at when he fought aizen. I understand that you think that he is super powerful because he could break out of the cube and the captains couldn't(still still think its based on interpretation) but for you to be so adamant about it makes no sense. What would it take for you to believe he isn't as strong as he used to be?
    I will point that statement right back at you. What makes u so sure that Ichigo isn't has strong as he was when he fought Aizen? What makes u think he isn't holding back his transcended state?

  3. #18
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    So was Ichigo trying to understand his opponent again but clashing swords with him? I think that as something to do with the reason he hasn't killed him yet.

    ---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------


    I will point that statement right back at you. What makes u so sure that Ichigo isn't has strong as he was when he fought Aizen? What makes u think he isn't holding back his transcended state?
    The simple reason that his reatsu can be felt.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  4. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    I wouldn't get to excited over this easy victory, comparing Quirge's power to those Quincies in Soul Society may be as ridiculous as comparing that privarion Espada Dordonni's power to Ulquiorra's.

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    @Kay3795

    Because it doesn't make sense. Why should he hold it back? Do you understand what it means if he struggles with these people? It means one of three things:

    A) You are right and he is jeopardizing the fate of the world because he didn't feel like go all out.
    B) You are right and everybody in the entire manga is now a transcended being which is why he doesn't seem as strong
    C) You are wrong, nobody in the show is a transcended being(save for Ichigo in the future and a select few otheres) and thats why it makes sense for him to struggle.

    Which one makes sense?

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #21
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    NinjaStar
    Seriously, to make him possible get his powers back all the Captains (including Yama), all Vice Captains, all the Vaizards, even such Shinigami as Hanatarou, Isshin, Urahara, Tessai and Yoruichi gave him a portion of their power, so do you believe that it didn't make him as strong as he was before loosing his powers? And after getting them back he immediatly combined his Shinigami powers with Fullbring that was also around Captain level, so why do you think he isn't as strong as he was before timeskip? Even his Getsuga in Shikai state when he wasn't that serious was way bigger than it was when he used it in his Bankai + Evolved Mask, not even talking how it should be strong in his new Bankai. So I do believe that he should be at least as strong as he was before loosing his powers (not counting his FGT form, when he merged with his Zan as it is another thing).

    This manga mostly doesn't make sense, especially it's not logical to try to understand Ginjou and don't go all out frrom the start on him as when he went Bankai he practically one-shotted evolved Ginjou and the same was with Kirge, the guy who was clearly above evolved Ginjou and it seemed that Ginjou could have easily taken at least Hitsugay or Byakuya.

    And yes it seems that Ichigo holded back as well hear. Even though it might not have sense.

    And yes it doesn't make sense for Ichigo to not ask anything from his father about his previous life, about himself, about their mother, about why Isshin isn't in SS. You can't apply l;ogic to Bleach. It's an art.

  8. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Wow, looks good, Urahara is the "smartest" again and if he "oneshoted" that guy with kidou, then Byakuya shall be just allright)

  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    @Jorge D. Dragon

    Nobody is debating that Ichigo has a lot of spiritual pressure. He has more than anybody, that much is true, but they were only restoring his powers to around the level of when he was a vizard. He is not as strong as "Dangai Ichigo" but around the level of his old vizard self. Its not like the captains were giving them all their powers, just a portion. We don't even know how big the portion was. Maybe the reason why so many people were needed was because it wasn't that big of a portion.
    Ichigo's Shikai and Bankai are stronger than what they used to be but they aren't of the transcended lvl. He is firmly around the level of Mid level captains such as Byakuya and Kenpachi now. He doesn't have to use his mask to be their equals anymore.

  10. #24
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    @Jorge D. Dragon

    Nobody is debating that Ichigo has a lot of spiritual pressure. He has more than anybody, that much is true, but they were only restoring his powers to around the level of when he was a vizard. He is not as strong as "Dangai Ichigo" but around the level of his old vizard self. Its not like the captains were giving them all their powers, just a portion. We don't even know how big the portion was. Maybe the reason why so many people were needed was because it wasn't that big of a portion.
    Ichigo's Shikai and Bankai are stronger than what they used to be but they aren't of the transcended lvl. He is firmly around the level of Mid level captains such as Byakuya and Kenpachi now. He doesn't have to use his mask to be their equals anymore.
    Ichigo was always above theyre level. Right now i would put him in the top tier levels. But he is nowhere near his Dangai self as you said.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #25
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Ok, I won't debate with you on this. I believe we agree to dissagree, as it seems that we absolutely see the different things as I absolutely don't see how Ichigo might be on the level of Byakuya as he was stronger than him even before he trained in Dangai.

    Hope in upcoming chapters we'll see some Captains fight. Hope it will be Rose as he seemed to show something interesting and we haven't seen much from him, so he might surprise us.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #26
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Ok, I won't debate with you on this. I believe we agree to dissagree, as it seems that we absolutely see the different things as I absolutely don't see how Ichigo might be on the level of Byakuya as he was stronger than him even before he trained in Dangai.

    Hope in upcoming chapters we'll see some Captains fight. Hope it will be Rose as he seemed to show something interesting and we haven't seen much from him, so he might surprise us.
    I know you dont want to debate this but, Dangai Ichigos reiatsu was inexistent. Even if he tried to make others feel it they simply wouldnt. And he is not one with his sword therefore still isnt in the transcendent form until shown otherwise.

    The fact that Ichigo isnt blowing away mountains by simple sword swings is proof enough. He wasnt even going all out with Aizen and he managed to change the landscape.

    ---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

    Seriously whens the scanlation...
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  15. #27
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    The main difference is that when he was fighting Aizen he was in Bankai, while now he mostly fights in Shikai and has never shown going all-ot as noone even managed to make him really serious for now. Neither Ginjou, nor Kirge.

    I also believe that the form of Bankai he used in the battle against Aizen might be something like second stage of his Bankai, like Gokei to Byakuya. Also, he has Fullbring attached to his powers now and it was already at the level of a Captain, so I doubt that his own Shinigami powers merged with his won't be enough to make him as strong as he was against Aizen.
    Also we should take in consideration that when he fought Aizen people didn't feel his Reiatsu, because he didn't emit it, but he strengthened his body and physical capacities to its limits with it, hence it was obvious that they didn't ffel his Reiatsu. It was explained by Aizen.
    Also people don't feel Kirge's Reiatsu now, but Ichi does feel, so it should also imply that Kirge mighht also be somewhat transcendent, still Ichi easily makes a full of him after going in Bankai.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #28
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    The main difference is that when he was fighting Aizen he was in Bankai, while now he mostly fights in Shikai and has never shown going all-ot as noone even managed to make him really serious for now. Neither Ginjou, nor Kirge.

    I also believe that the form of Bankai he used in the battle against Aizen might be something like second stage of his Bankai, like Gokei to Byakuya. Also, he has Fullbring attached to his powers now and it was already at the level of a Captain, so I doubt that his own Shinigami powers merged with his won't be enough to make him as strong as he was against Aizen.
    Also we should take in consideration that when he fought Aizen people didn't feel his Reiatsu, because he didn't emit it, but he strengthened his body and physical capacities to its limits with it, hence it was obvious that they didn't ffel his Reiatsu. It was explained by Aizen.
    Also people don't feel Kirge's Reiatsu now, but Ichi does feel, so it should also imply that Kirge mighht also be somewhat transcendent, still Ichi easily makes a full of him after going in Bankai.
    Ginjou was able to feel Ichigos reiatsu even when he was not a transcendent. Like i said, Ichigo never really went all out on Aizen either, yet he was able to effortlessly level a mountain.

    Ichigo is not in his transcendent form and doesnt seem like he will be in it for a while.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  18. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    @Jorge D. Dragon

    Nobody is debating that Ichigo has a lot of spiritual pressure. He has more than anybody, that much is true, but they were only restoring his powers to around the level of when he was a vizard. He is not as strong as "Dangai Ichigo" but around the level of his old vizard self. Its not like the captains were giving them all their powers, just a portion. We don't even know how big the portion was. Maybe the reason why so many people were needed was because it wasn't that big of a portion.
    Ichigo's Shikai and Bankai are stronger than what they used to be but they aren't of the transcended lvl. He is firmly around the level of Mid level captains such as Byakuya and Kenpachi now. He doesn't have to use his mask to be their equals anymore.
    Do u even know what Dangai Ichigo is? He simipy combine with his Zan. What make u think the same can't be done now?

  19. #30
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ephesos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 498 Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Quote:
    Also we should take in consideration that when he fought Aizen people didn't feel his Reiatsu, because he didn't emit it, but he strengthened his body and physical capacities to its limits with it, hence it was obvious that they didn't ffel his Reiatsu. It was explained by Aizen.
    Also people don't feel Kirge's Reiatsu now, but Ichi does feel, so it should also imply that Kirge mighht also be somewhat transcendent, still Ichi easily makes a full of him after going in Bankai.
    No. that was just Aizen's theory as to why he couldn't sense Ichigo's reiatsu, he assumed that he only strengthened his physical abilities by letting go of his reiatsu. In truth, Ichigo was on a higher level than Aizen, this is proved by Ichigo when he became the Getsuga and emitted black reiatsu from all over his body, yet Aizen still couldn't feel anything, even though he's able to see the black reiatsu wrapped around Ichigo.

    Your second point might be right, his post dangai form(the one before becoming the getsuga) could be a third level of release, beyond bankai.

New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts