Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

37 48.68%
  • Good

34 44.74%
  • Average

2 2.63%
  • Bad

3 3.95%
New Reply
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 498 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 498 Discussion / 499 Predictions

Urahara a sneaky dude as always tho lol, beware of a guy who waits till he's got 110% accuracy 'head shot' before he attacks lol and of course as many of us guessed Ichigo was NOT the one to finnish the fight, which is in no way a shock since he never really finishes fights with ppl he either hasnt built up a rivalry of some sort, or some sort of personal thing with, or the main enemy, especially when he hasnt revealed his 'new power' yet

now what i wonder is, how much time has passed between the end of Quilgue and SS's situation is Ichigo gonna arrive in time? or does it matter i mean is he gonna take on 5 Quincies at once lol

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ajith_sakthi's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

This week's chapter was a fast moving one, had lot of movement in the story. Two questions are still open.
    1. Why are quincy able to steal the bankai and how are they doing it?
    This could probably be possible since bankai is a realization of spirit and is made of spirit particles, so Quincy might be able to absorve the spirit
    2. Why are they not able to absorve Ichigo's bankai?
    Probably because of his full bring ability addition, which is somehow resisting this absorption.
    Anyway answer to these queries would be interesting and might give to some new developments or possibilities.
    My Thoughts on the Final attack against Madara:
    Naruto and Sasuke will do a combo along with their summons to create some 5 elements attack.
    Naruto - Air + Sage Chakra Summon:Frog - Water
    Sasuke - Fire+Thunder+Cursed Seal Power Summon:Snake - Earth

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
    -Roy Croft

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    That is by far the most logical reason i have read since the introduction of the quincy. It may have been said before but il just credit you for it
    And because of that very reason, I am saying u shouldn't be surprised when Ichigo uses FGT form

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Ichigo picked up the art of antagonization from Aizen. The way he executed that provacative question was perfect, Kirge lost it. However I expect Kirge to be proven as trash in comparison with the Stern Ritter especially that blond haired one who is attacking Rukia's squad. I bet he is going to be Ichigo's next opponent.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara seems to imply he's going to stay behind at the end of this chapter......maybe so he can interrogate Kirge? If Kirge is already dead he could always have Orihime heal him. If Urahara really does want to stay out of this war, I would say that maybe it's because "both sides are just" like Kaojomaru said, but on the other hand Urahara sides with the Soul King based on the convo with Aizen, and I would think the Vandenreich is a threat to the Soul King. I guess Orihime and Chad aren't going to SS lol. Probably a good idea. Orihime's healing abilitiy can be canceled out by Quincy and Chad is one of the characters that Kubo enjoys dumping on the most.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajith_sakthi View Post
    This week's chapter was a fast moving one, had lot of movement in the story. Two questions are still open.
    This could probably be possible since bankai is a realization of spirit and is made of spirit particles, so Quincy might be able to absorve the spirit
    Probably because of his full bring ability addition, which is somehow resisting this absorption.
    Anyway answer to these queries would be interesting and might give to some new developments or possibilities.
    1. They are stealing the Reiatsu from the captains
    2.Ichigo's Reiatsu is overflowing with what seems to be unlimited energy which means it would seem to be impossible to still his Bankai Reiatsu. With that in mind though the same could be said for Yamamoto and Kenpachi(if he hand Bankai) since they seem to have an overexcess amount of Reiatsu at their disposal. Urahara may also fit this bill with how easily he was able to land the finishing blow on the opponent.

it looks like Urahara already knows the trick behind the trinket so perhaps the way to stop them from stealing their Bankai Reiatsu is to find a way to initiate Bankai without revealing their Reiatsu since Bankai can be seen as giving an outword appearance and exposing your soul. Basically think of it as a regular bladed Shinigami has all of their Reiatsu in their body, when they are in shikai an aspect of their reiatsu is infused into the blade to give it a new form however the majority of their reiatsu is still in their body. While the Quincy could use the trinket to absorb their shikai the only way they can do real damage is by absorbing their bankai.

When Bankai is released you can think of it as a full release of their Reiatsu focused on their blade and by doing this they expose a majority of their Reiatsu to the enemy which if they have the right tools can use said release to steal the reiatsu from them since in that form it is the most exposed.

Since Bankai's are suppose to be a sudden burst of Reiatsu you can imagine that perhaps compared to shikai this is 10-100 times more Reiatsu being pumped into the blade than normal which is why it would be the perfect opportunity to steal said reiatsu and completely cripple their fighting potential.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Krige is dead, Urahara looks to me as if he's going to end the fight, i think we will also find out whats so special about ichigo's bankai and why it can not be sealed/stolen

This chapter was good, i wasn't expecting to see Ichigo receive the transmission but that's kibo trolling again i suppose
    Last edited by devstauk; June 27, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kirge is indded correct the power boost ichigo gets from his bankai is insane. he was getting beaten by kirge after just his holy form then he added the monsters strengh to it and ichigo is beating him like his a kid. there no way any other captain bankai gives that much of a power boost. that may be one of the reasons why ichigos bankai cant be stolen because is on a whole different lvl to normal bankais.

Cause ishida destroyed mayuri when he enter a premature Final form and then kirge had Holy form and that ugly monster.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Lurker alert!

Question. Page 9. Hiding half behind a speech bubble... Is that Dondochakka? When did he show up?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajith_sakthi View Post
    I don't think it's his full bring powers, I think he has his hollow powers, and that is whats stopping the absorbtion of the bankai because the hollow and bankai are one and it's too much power to absorbe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEERG View Post
    I don't think it's his full bring powers, I think he has his hollow powers, and that is whats stopping the absorbtion of the bankai because the hollow and bankai are one and it's too much power to absorbe.
    If the hollow part had anything to do with it then allon wouldn't have been easily absorbed
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

To the theories of Urahara shutting Kirge up: I doubt that, from the progression of things - Urahara heard what happened in SS, and thought: "let's wrap things up for Ichigo here, he needs to go to SS as fast as possible" which means giving Kirge a hint of how a Hollow feels (he says it's a mortal wound, so Kirge probably isn't dead, but will be if he doesn't answer Urahara's questions soon; Orihime could heal him, if nothing else) and sending Ichi to the next battlefield.
    As to Ichi's bankai strength: not sure about comparison to shikai, since lately he's fought opponents so strong that he needs a bankai almost all the time, but as noted by Unohana even before the Dangai powerup, his max reiatsu (let's approximate it to "strength") was twice that of an average captain (in bankai, probably). Now there's a bit of a problem... the timeskip. Ichi couldn't power up during the timeskip, while everyone else could. Now I'm not sure about how this changed the power balance, but I'd say the Dangai Ichigo would still pretty much pwn anyone except Yama (and Buck, it seems he's on par with Yama), while bankai Ichigo now is still stronger than an average bankai captain (let's not talk about senior captains now) and, that means stronger than a Vollstarnritter, since they need to seal bankais to beat the captains. And, Buck said that Kirge should buy time fighting Ichi, he clearly expected Kirge to lose.
    Thus my opinion.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of this chapter.

The jury is still out on this whole Quincy war thing but I really like that Ichigo doesn't seem like he will be separated from the shinigami. Since those are the strongest characters I want to see Ichigo among them. Especially in a big time crisis scenario like this.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. I love that Ichigo is back to being a speedster, and we get another confirmation about his bankai. Good showing from Urahara too.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone noticed that this is the first chapter of volume 58? then the 57th ends with akon calling for ichigo. this is interesting for those who,like me,buy the manga.

New Reply
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast