Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

37 48.68%
  • Good

34 44.74%
  • Average

2 2.63%
  • Bad

3 3.95%
New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 498 Discussion

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 498 Discussion / 499 Predictions

Reading all the posts about FB powers, while I hope we don't see Ichigo using these powers, I don't think Kubo will throw away all these concepts out of the window. I like Ichigo so far in this arc. He looks powerful and all business. Can't wait to see him arriving in SS. What would be the reaction of SRs? More importantly, where are the other potentials?

@Reaper1183 & 0Xellos welcome to MH. I hope you'd like your stay here.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess VR isn't afraid of the bankais of shinigami like Renji or Ikkaku, can it be that they devised a bankai stealing method to specifically seal Yamamoto's bankai because it's a gamebreaker? Once there's a way, there's no reason why they wouldn't use it on all the shinigami to make their life easier but it seems to me that strong members of Sternritter can hold their own against the bankai of Gotei captains. Depending on Quilge's position in VR ranks, even current form of Ichigo's bankai seems to be manageable, I wonder if the sole reason why VR went to such great lengths to seal bankai is because VR leader witnessed the power of Yamamoto's bankai 1000 years ago and he thought they couldn't win the war against such immense force.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clydu94 View Post
    You're aware that Ginjo only stole the top layer of his Fullbring but not the part that already merged with his Shinigami Powers who were deeply inside him hence his improved powers and new appearances.. Right ?
    I think it's the opposite - he stole the outer Shinigami power which was already merged with fullbring. See http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/460/12

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    I guess VR isn't afraid of the bankais of shinigami like Renji or Ikkaku, can it be that they devised a bankai stealing method to specifically seal Yamamoto's bankai because it's a gamebreaker? Once there's a way, there's no reason why they wouldn't use it on all the shinigami to make their life easier but it seems to me that strong members of Sternritter can hold their own against the bankai of Gotei captains. Depending on Quilge's position in VR ranks, even current form of Ichigo's bankai seems to be manageable, I wonder if the sole reason why VR went to such great lengths to seal bankai is because VR leader witnessed the power of Yamamoto's bankai 1000 years ago and he thought they couldn't win the war against such immense force.
    I think its not only Yama's bankai they were worried about. I expect the ones who haven't released to have possessed really powerful bankais. Although, I must admit Yama could be the foundation of their intentions to steal bankai. Still not sure how effective or strong Yama is with one arm.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos
    I think it's the opposite - he stole the outer Shinigami power which was already merged with fullbring. See http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/460/12
    That may be so,but Rukia says that Ginjou only stole the tiny fraction of Ichigo's Shinigami powers that had merged with the thing called "Fullbring",thus why I believe that despite Ginjou having stoled his Fullbring,the ability to Fullbring and the reiatsu of Fullbring had already merged with his Shinigami powers deep inside.I'd rather not believe that the Fullbring arc was utterly useless since Ichigo is back with a normal Shikai / Bankai.That would be crap.Especially since in his new design he has X on his chest,armwrists,a collar on his neck.It shows that the Fullbring has affected his Shinigami powers,and by affected I mean fused with his Shinigami powers.

Quote Originally Posted by aymanxa
    i loved your discuss .. so i registered to share my thought :P

i believe the real reason why ichigo bankai can't get stolen is as i remember some friend told me that because ichi does not have zanpaktou .. as you all may remember when Zangetsu said to ichi they would never meet again after ichi loose his power, so when he get his power back he only get bankai - shikai and a sword "with outfit" without any zanpaktou and that's why they can't steal unlike other captain likeToushiro who said that he can't hear hyorinmaru voice
    Now that's a VERY interesting theory imo,so the Shikai and Bankai are actually just "manifestations" of his reiatsu,and by Bankai he releases his whole reiatsu.But to be honest,I kinda doubt this would be the case.I am sure that in the future we will see Zangetsu(if not,a new Zanpakutou maybe).

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    That may be so,but Rukia says that Ginjou only stole the tiny fraction of Ichigo's Shinigami powers that had merged with the thing called "Fullbring",thus why I believe that despite Ginjou having stoled his Fullbring,the ability to Fullbring and the reiatsu of Fullbring had already merged with his Shinigami powers deep inside.I'd rather not believe that the Fullbring arc was utterly useless since Ichigo is back with a normal Shikai / Bankai.That would be crap.Especially since in his new design he has X on his chest,armwrists,a collar on his neck.It shows that the Fullbring has affected his Shinigami powers,and by affected I mean fused with his Shinigami powers.
    The fullbring arc was not utterly useless - it was here to link the storyline via Ichigo's reshinigamification (challenge: make a longer word ) and also a bit of an explanation of "Shinigami substitute" and SS's relationship with Ichi. So far, it hasn't been hinted in any way that Ichi retained his fullbring, so I'm inclined to think he didn't (could be otherwise, but I dunno...). There wasn't that much of a change in his appearance, he just got cooler
    Well we'd both better keep our opinions so that at least one of us could be right in the end

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ his shinigami looks different because it has some strains of the fullbringer left in his body
    Last edited by NAM61; June 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the biggest mystery remains why cant the quincys seal or capture ichigo's bankai?

i assume it has something to do with him being a substitute shinigami as opposed to a normal shinigame, or perhaps it has something to do with some training he experienced along the way

either way i must say kubo is making bleach interesting again, i have been a big fan of this war so far, and now more than ever, SS needs kurosaki ichigo

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For once the fact that Kenpachi doesn't have a Bankai is a good thing. It will be interesting to see how they react to him with is full power released.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    the biggest mystery remains why cant the quincys seal or capture ichigo's bankai?

i assume it has something to do with him being a substitute shinigami as opposed to a normal shinigame, or perhaps it has something to do with some training he experienced along the way

either way i must say kubo is making bleach interesting again, i have been a big fan of this war so far, and now more than ever, SS needs kurosaki ichigo
    I've been assuming that they couldn't seal his bankai because the hollow was more powerful than Zangetsu and he's not letting an outside force steal him.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is pretty obvious why they cant steal ichigos Bankai. Zangetu and Hollow Ichigo are fused making them Shinigami/Hollow the badge was made to steal Shinigami bankai not meant to steal both Shinigami and Hollow thus blocking the medalization of ichigos bankai. and liek Tenza said if ichigos loses one power he loses the other. so is either take both or take none at all.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    [...] So far it's unknown if he retains his Hollow power (which manifested along with the Shinigami one for the 1st time, but not for the 2nd, and Ichi was a transcedental - a Shinigami and a Hollow at the same time), but I doubt these would help against Quincies, since they absorb hollows, so Ichi'd just have his masked sucked off. [...]
    Quoting myself. We still haven't seen Ichi hollowify, and there was no mask when he shinigamified after the break. So I won't agree with the hybrid theory until we see that he is a hybrid.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

btw,if urahara and ichigo are about to leave hueco mundo,I think the possibility for grimjow to be alive is doomed now,don't you think?

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we probably won't see him... unless there's a plot twist and the fight moves from SS to HM
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    btw,if urahara and ichigo are about to leave hueco mundo,I think the possibility for grimjow to be alive is doomed now,don't you think?
    Nah we'll see Grimmjow....count on it. The Arrancar will still be involved in this war, some of them like the Tres Bestias will likely side with Ichigo, so the chance of Grimmjow reappearing is still high. Also, I think Urahara is staying behind, not that that matters as far as Grimmjow returning is concerned.

New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast