Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

37 48.68%
  • Good

34 44.74%
  • Average

2 2.63%
  • Bad

3 3.95%
New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 498 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 498 Discussion / 499 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    the biggest mystery remains why cant the quincys seal or capture ichigo's bankai?

i assume it has something to do with him being a substitute shinigami as opposed to a normal shinigame, or perhaps it has something to do with some training he experienced along the way

either way i must say kubo is making bleach interesting again, i have been a big fan of this war so far, and now more than ever, SS needs kurosaki ichigo
    He overflows with Reiatsu as either ishida or Urahara pointed out in the earlier chapters it's as if he's left the faucet on at max and all the water is just flowing out. Yet even while doing that he's able to fight at 100% which pretty much means there's something about him which allows him to retain such immense Reiatsu as if he's able to draw in Reiatsu around him while he's losing it so that he never truly runs out of Reiatsu which could support the idea that he's half Quincy since a Quincy gathers spirit particles around them to produce their weaponry.

Basically Ichigo can subconsciously regain his Reiatsu while fighting because of his Quincy side. The reason why it's pretty much useless to use the medallion on him in HM is because that area is pretty much filled with Reiatsu so it would be pretty impossible to draw the Bankai out of him since he can regain Reiatsu quicker then they can draw it out of him. Basicallly in a sense it's like they can steal 10% of his bankai every 10 seconds but ichigo can regain 10% of his Reiatsu every 5 seconds, so the effects of the medallion won't work since it can successfully draw out Ichigo's Bankai since said Reiatsu is always regenerating itself.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
    Basically Ichigo can subconsciously regain his Reiatsu while fighting because of his Quincy side. The reason why it's pretty much useless to use the medallion on him in HM is because that area is pretty much filled with Reiatsu so it would be pretty impossible to draw the Bankai out of him since he can regain Reiatsu quicker then they can draw it out of him. Basicallly in a sense it's like they can steal 10% of his bankai every 10 seconds but ichigo can regain 10% of his Reiatsu every 5 seconds, so the effects of the medallion won't work since it can successfully draw out Ichigo's Bankai since said Reiatsu is always regenerating itself.
    It seems the captains lost their bankai almost instantly, I doubt a quincy, even in final form, can replenish his reiatsu that quickly. It was Unohana who helped Ichigo regain his reiatsu when they were going from HM to FKT, I guess Ichigo isn't skillful in that regard even if we assume he has such ability. But it makes sense that having quincy abilities lets him resist the effects of bankai stealing technique, unlike other bankais his bankai is a part of his body after all which makes it even easier for him to stop the attack. When Ivan used it on Ichigo, the technique seemingly worked at first but then it's as if a defense mechanism came into effect which rendered the technique useless.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nafycuk's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing I don't get: Espadas' Ressurection is pretty similar to Shinigamis' Ban Kai. At least, in the terms of sheer power.
    We all remember how Soi Fong and Hitsugaya were owned by Halibel and Barragan, despite using Ban Kai at their full potential. Even that scary move of Hitsugaya - Hyouten Hyakkasou - wasn't able to finish off Halibel.

And noooow... How come Halibel was owned so badly and captured? Just outnumbered? Or the Blackbeard is that strong? So they cannot steal Arrancars' Ressurection (and they can't, cause Halibel was shown in her ressurected state), that's for sure. I doubt any of the Sternritters have a chance to defeat Halibel one-on-one, only by swarming. But (!) it was clearly stated that Halibel wasn't any trouble for Blackbeard. And that's pissing me off. Hey, c'mon! How can SUCH powerful guy just pop-up out of nowhere? I don't like it at all. And Shinigami Intel Squad is so cheap - cannot gather any information at all.

Personally, I don't think that Ichigo would save the day. Yes, he'll manage to boost SS's side a lot, but that would be too trivial for him to just wipe all quinces alone.
    So my predictions:

1. The main rescuers would be Ishida and his father. I would like to see them fighting side-by-side, spitting out very cool phrases 'bout the "true way of a Quincy", not the crappy one new Quinces have chosen

2. Kenpachi will be a big surprise for his opponent. And Ken-chan will go on a bloody rampage, that's for sure.

3. I pray for Espadas to arrive! And not only Grimmjow. Personally I hope, that Noitora was managed to survive. He was my favorite.
    And maybe Halibel would be able to escape.
    I just can see that image - Grimmjow, Halibel and Noitora staying in the hole of Garganta right above the half-ruined SS saying: "Ha! It's time to help that punny Shinigami!"

4. Well, and of course Mayuri and Urahara will find a way to return Ban Kais to their owners, or at least to block the work of amulets to avoid any further problems for other captains.

Cheers~ ^^'
    From Japan with Facepalm

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Nah we'll see Grimmjow....count on it. The Arrancar will still be involved in this war, some of them like the Tres Bestias will likely side with Ichigo, so the chance of Grimmjow reappearing is still high. Also, I think Urahara is staying behind, not that that matters as far as Grimmjow returning is concerned.
    well,I think they can stay in HM,since in SS there are too strong enemies,whereas the tres bestia could defeat a lot of quincies,except kirge.hence I think they,with dondochakka,nel and the other arrancar,can dispose of the remaining quincies in HM,and maybe grimmjow will appear!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well i'd say this is a war that hasnt fully started yet....I think Ichigo is the third party of this war and on his side will be Arrancar, Shinigami, fullbringers and Quincy too, i dont believe this is the same as Ichigo simply joining the shinigami side as he did in the past simply because he felt some sort of allegiance.....i'm sure it'll turn out that way when he finds out the real story of the Quincy/Shinigami war of the past, he'll chose to be on his 'own' side for once...anyways all this to say this gives us a likely scenario where Grimmjow makes an entrance as part of a group out to avenge HM (of course using this as their excuse rather than admitting they've been affected by Ichigo lol)

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    That may be so,but Rukia says that Ginjou only stole the tiny fraction of Ichigo's Shinigami powers that had merged with the thing called "Fullbring",thus why I believe that despite Ginjou having stoled his Fullbring,the ability to Fullbring and the reiatsu of Fullbring had already merged with his Shinigami powers deep inside.I'd rather not believe that the Fullbring arc was utterly useless since Ichigo is back with a normal Shikai / Bankai.That would be crap.Especially since in his new design he has X on his chest,armwrists,a collar on his neck.It shows that the Fullbring has affected his Shinigami powers,and by affected I mean fused with his Shinigami powers.
    i dont really think the Fullbring arc was really about the fullbring powers tho or just regaining his powers...imo its importance to the main plot lies in Ichigo's mental state and the 'toughening' of it, we saw IChigo essentially hit rock bottom in terms of what seems like an utterly hopeless situation, i think the arc was there to remind us as well as Ichigo himself,
    how strongly he as a person feels he must protect, to make him realize he shouldnt take his powers for granted, to REALLY make him understand the responsibility side of having so much power, to make him understand that he is a 'protector of the helpless' at heart before anything else, whereas in the first part of bleach it was all a huge rush from begining to the end with no stopping and no time to reflect on what he wants to do with these powers.....i think all this mess in his head (that he had to deal with for 17 months) started when Aizen made him start to ask questions at the end of their fight...Ichigo face back then said alot without having to say much with words

this is what i think the FB arc was mostly about, all that culmunating into him regaining his powers, so it definetly couldnt be looked at as a useless arc, if Aizen made him reach new levels of toughness in terms of power, then Ginjo and co definetly toughened up his mental (which is the resulting Ichigo we see now)

if it was just about Ichigo regaining his powers, imo it didnt have to be THAT complicated/dramatic lol

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    I've been assuming that they couldn't seal his bankai because the hollow was more powerful than Zangetsu and he's not letting an outside force steal him.
    i wonder about that tho, essentially in the Dangai training, what i gathered from it was that his Hollow and Zangetsu are pretty much even within him (in terms of power as well) i understood it as he is the only one who's stronger than both of them in the end

imo it may be because he actually got to that final form where he was completely 'one' with all parts of his soul, so even if he is currently unable to reach that level of power, the remnant of it would be a much stronger unbreakable 'LOCK/BOND' of sorts on his Zanpakuto, and thus his Bankai....maybe?.....of course there's still that possibility that it has to do with his lineage as Kubo stated in the repeat and reboot 'people's lineage will play a key role in this upcoming war'

Ichigo has been refered to as a 'true blood' in the past after all....we'll see

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Originally Posted by 0Xellos
    [...] So far it's unknown if he retains his Hollow power (which manifested along with the Shinigami one for the 1st time, but not for the 2nd, and Ichi was a transcedental - a Shinigami and a Hollow at the same time), but I doubt these would help against Quincies, since they absorb hollows, so Ichi'd just have his masked sucked off. [...]

Quoting myself. We still haven't seen Ichi hollowify, and there was no mask when he shinigamified after the break. So I won't agree with the hybrid theory until we see that he is a hybrid.
    but is it really a theory tho if we already can see that the fullbring is clearly part of his shinigami look now? i mean its not just a new fashion statement is it? even if we havent seen him hollowfy yet in his 2nd round of being a Shinigami, we can still clearly see the Fullbring is infused..so that alone still makes him a Hybrid of at the very least Shinigami/Fullbring

of course u do have a point about us not seeing it (his mask) yet but its jus that were Zangetsu and his hollow still fused then he'd still have that level of power, it seems to me you cant have one without the other so the Hollow has got to still be inside

as far as Hollowfication helping against Quincy i dont see why not, they absorb Reishi so it doesnt matter if ur a Hollow or a Shinigami you're made of the same thing, they should be able to absorb either one
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; July 01, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

7. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/58520789/10 now we have the confirmation that the iacto arme really was there to hunt arrancars.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/58520789/14 oh and that's the reason why Urahara is the best! I really can't but love this character!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wonder if grimmjow will appear would not be surprised if he joined the quincys and it the quincy that has his face still covered of the ones who attacked SS

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    wonder if grimmjow will appear would not be surprised if he joined the quincys and it the quincy that has his face still covered of the ones who attacked SS
    Nah, I don't think so. Grimmjow is too proud to be with people like Quincies, and the Quincies wouldn't put an arrancar in the Sternritter, because they treat them like trash. I believe he is still in HM, maybe he will get in contact with Ichigo and the others, before they leave.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,I also think that Grimmjow will mostl ikely join the fight together with Ichigo.It seems VERY unlikely that Grimmjow would be one of the Sternrittes,the idea seems ridiculous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike
    well i'd say this is a war that hasnt fully started yet....I think Ichigo is the third party of this war and on his side will be Arrancar, Shinigami, fullbringers and Quincy too, i dont believe this is the same as Ichigo simply joining the shinigami side as he did in the past simply because he felt some sort of allegiance.....i'm sure it'll turn out that way when he finds out the real story of the Quincy/Shinigami war of the past, he'll chose to be on his 'own' side for once...anyways all this to say this gives us a likely scenario where Grimmjow makes an entrance as part of a group out to avenge HM (of course using this as their excuse rather than admitting they've been affected by Ichigo lol)
    Well tbh I don't see this as a war either,to me it seems more like a massacre made by Quincies.I also think that when Ichigo finds out the truth about the Quincy extinction he will ponder whether to help or net the Shinigami,or possibly maintain a neutral ground(reminds of an RPG,The Witcher,under this aspect lol).Then again,I can't see Ichigo doing nothing while the Quincy are mass-murdering Shinigami.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    btw,if urahara and ichigo are about to leave hueco mundo,I think the possibility for grimjow to be alive is doomed now,don't you think?
    Would be kinda too easy to re-introduce Grimjow now this early, it's way, way, way to predictable, and thus why Kubo would probably never do it. You can't use this as an argument for him being dead, he's more than likely alive given all the circumstances.

Grimjow is one of the most loved characters in Bleach, he's more like doomed to return if anything, considering most key arrancars are making an appearance as it is.
    The question is is not "if", but "when" and "how", since he's so popular by many fans, he'll probably get an epic entrance, count on it ;-)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nafycuk View Post
    The one thing I don't get: Espadas' Ressurection is pretty similar to Shinigamis' Ban Kai. At least, in the terms of sheer power.
    We all remember how Soi Fong and Hitsugaya were owned by Halibel and Barragan, despite using Ban Kai at their full potential. Even that scary move of Hitsugaya - Hyouten Hyakkasou - wasn't able to finish off Halibel.

Cheers~ ^^'
    To be honest, I can see it. I like Halibel, but.....as an Espada, she would've lost to Hitsugaya if it wasn't for WW. She managed to hold her own with Hitsu Hiyori and Lisa til Aizen killed her, but honestly, a new character being able to effortlessly defeat her is not surprising to me. I wouldn't be surprised and honestly expect at least some of the Stern Ritter to be able to outclass her.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    the biggest mystery remains why cant the quincys seal or capture ichigo's bankai?

i assume it has something to do with him being a substitute shinigami as opposed to a normal shinigame, or perhaps it has something to do with some training he experienced along the way

either way i must say kubo is making bleach interesting again, i have been a big fan of this war so far, and now more than ever, SS needs kurosaki ichigo
    I've considered some possibilities as well:

- It could be because he's a substitute Shinigami, but for some reason I would feel a tad bit disappointed if this was the case;

- It could be because he's also got Hollow powers and, as described by an user above, that may interfere with the Bankai stealing process;

- It could be because Ichigo is simply "special" and the reason why he's special will be explained by the end of the manga(or maybe it doesn't need any explanation since he's the main character);

- It could be related to the last arc and all the fullbring stuff(that entire arc is a bit fuzzy in my mind, I really didn't like that arc );

- Maybe when Kubo revealed in an interview that he would go into more detail about Ichigo's mother in this arc, maybe he was referring to the possibility that she was a Quincy and Ichigo got some of her powers, making him immune to the Bankai stealing technique;

- Perhaps an entirely different reason?

About this arc, yes I agree with you, this arc is much more interesting than the last and I only hope that, if this really is the last arc, may Bleach end with a blast!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/460/12
    Rukia speficially explained that, Ginjo stole the top layer of Ichigo's shinigami powers that fused with his FB, and continued on the statement that shinigami power is such thing that u cant actually steal it.

This is the basic preleminaries of the theory. Since u can not steal someone's shinigami powers, but given the circumstances u can actually steal the bankai of them. On the other hand, İchigo's bankai is different than others as Chad said here : http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/445/7 , because the power actually covers FOR him, this could mean that his shinigami powers actually covering his body as his bankai, thus to the 1st statement, u can not steal shinigami powers, so it would be like this.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Would be kinda too easy to re-introduce Grimjow now this early, it's way, way, way to predictable, and thus why Kubo would probably never do it. You can't use this as an argument for him being dead, he's more than likely alive given all the circumstances.

Grimjow is one of the most loved characters in Bleach, he's more like doomed to return if anything, considering most key arrancars are making an appearance as it is.
    The question is is not "if", but "when" and "how", since he's so popular by many fans, he'll probably get an epic entrance, count on it ;-)
    Imo,he will appear but will do guerrilla in hueco mundo,I also wonder whether kubo will show it entirely or not. maybe he,nel and the otehr arrancars will free harribel,who should be stronger than them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Imo,he will appear but will do guerrilla in hueco mundo,I also wonder whether kubo will show it entirely or not. maybe he,nel and the otehr arrancars will free harribel,who should be stronger than them.
    It's a tricky question on how it'll go, we don't know what Kubo has in store for Grimjow or whether he'll appear next chapter, or in 100 chapters :&
    Personally I got a hunch that Grimjow will be much stronger than he was before, considering his goals and dreams, and he's also kinda a rival to Ichigo.

We know that Renji is rivalling himself with Byakuya, and not so much with Ichigo, so we can leave their (Ichigo - Renji) bond in the past.
    So that leaves Ishida the Quincy, and Grimjow the Arrancar, who's both (in a way) friends and rivals at the same time, which no other character in Bleach can say.

We know that Ishida is supposed to be insanely strong from Kirge, and both Quincies Shinigamis' and Arrancars play major roles in this arc already.

- So its not too far fetched to think that Ishida will come out as the strongest Quincy in the end to represent the human world.
    - Grimjow could come out as the strongest Arrancar in the end (It's his goal as well), to represent HM.
    - Ichigo could come out as the strongest of them all (Naturally since he's the shounen hero), but representing the shinigami realm.

So the trio each represent a realm, and ironically they got a special bonding to Ichigo, both of them.
    This leads me to believe that we still got very much to see from Grimjow, he's far from done just yet.

However it could lead to that they come together and make peace in the 3 realms, each taking their responsibilities.

Although they would need a solution for Ishida and other Quincies in the human world not to kill hollows entirely, maybe they can learn special techniques for that and only kill the very strong ones or similar ideas.

In the end, this is a shounen manga where people has a hard time to die and very child friendly, I doubt most Quincies will die, except for the Quincy leaders and Sternritters etc.
    So they will have to have a place after all this, and that could be the human world, or maybe even their own realm (They seem to have one, although do they really like it there?).

So back to the initial discussion, didn't put all thoughts on table, but some of it of why I think Grimjow will play a major role in this arc.
    The question is, will he appear next chapter before Ichigo leaves? or will he appear later like Ishida seems to be?

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Although not saying 100% that Grimjow will appear, as I'm not Kubo ;o Just the way I write.
    But I do find it extremely likely that he eventually will.

New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast