Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

19 28.36%
  • Good

27 40.30%
  • Average

15 22.39%
  • Bad

6 8.96%
New Reply
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 497 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Bleach 497 Discussion

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 497 Spoiler Discussion

okay so using my knowledge of the japanese language looks like we'll have a couple of people surprised and the lil girl and geisha assassin will be showing off their toys
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

What will be these a few people be surprised about?

Uh not much progress, but the match ups look promising. Where is the rest of the captains hurrying to?

...can healing kido regrow eyeballs? *imagines pirate Kyoraku XD*

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn! Shunsui loses an eye. And it seems that Mayuri does not know what to do yet about the bankai stealing device...
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprise the "professor" is using a gun, I guess the Vandenreich are throwing away Quincy traditions to make themself more powerful.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

it also makes the fight with Shunsui and the gun-wielding quincy a copy with the Shunsui VS Stark battle... true to the reuse/recycle theme of the arc
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish someone would do an official count on how many "surprise" faces are in a chapter each weak and the series to date.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    I'm surprise the "professor" is using a gun, I guess the Vandenreich are throwing away Quincy traditions to make themself more powerful.
    maybe he is actually stark and he was transformed by the emperor

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Rangiku

I wonder what those seals on Rangiku's hands do?
    I'm really looking forward to her fate and progress, I'm sure she's become stronger after Gin.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v29/c258/3.html

Well technically they do have a sword. In the past they followed the tradition of using long range weaponry of a bow but of course they have to realize that in order to win they have to adapt and throw traditions aside. If they came running in with a bow and arrow then the shinigami would know exactly how to react to them. But they came pretty prepared, bankai stealing amulets, multitude of techniques ranging from blood armor, guns, whips, swords, lazers, etc. They pretty much adapted to the soul style of a zanpakito rather then sticking to once style of a Quincy which was the traditional cross bow with reaitsu arrows. They are fighting with a more varied style which will make it harder for them to counter and it's most likely why they laid in rest for so long. However they may be more then just Quincy it's possible they are some form of a Quincy/Fullbring Hybrid which allows them to wield such a wide variation of techniques.

They may have eliminated the Quincy many years ago but judging from the current situation it looks like they may have spared the children but because of this they were able to hold their grudge and build their own group as they slowly began to rebuild their legacy waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

So much action going on this chapter, it's going to be a letdown if they go back to ichigo soon, kinda see why people missed the shinigami during the Fullbring arc, just seems like a lot more interesting things happen when they are around then when it's focused on Ichigo.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Laif's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone notice Matsumoto's new "skirt slit" ??? Man...

13. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Soul society, who's been there for 10.000 years with it's strongest captains and so on.. gets stomped in like.. minutes.. Shunsui, one of the strongest captain to be there gets totally destroyed by a mere quincy.. while already releasing shikai.. and those quincy also have their more powerful forms left, they only did "basic attacks".. How can it be that an opponent that strong just comes out of nowhere?? I don't want to QQ here, but for me it just makes sense. I'm totally fine with vice captains getting destroyed and killed.. but captains being dominated like shunsui? i better hope his opponent is the strongest of all sternritters. Or he is playing his Shikai tricks already... the more risk you take the heavier you hit..
    What does Soul Society do with all of their REAL powerful shinigami? I guess we have to find out about the royal guard soon because if they don't send the real badass ones to royal guard.. being a shinigami sucks. I finally understand why aizen wanted to transcend the limits of a shinigami.. it seems to be limit you really hard.

Spoiler show

So where is this going?
    a) Top Tier captains releasing bankais that have an ludicrous strength
    b) Royal guard interfering showing soul society how useless they are
    c) Some special Soul society weapon we haven't get to know yet
    d) not gonna happen: Kenpachi cutting down all foes on his own - at least they can't seal any bankai from him

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

you are overreacting! 1. he's lazy 2. its a wound 3. wounds don't really mean much in this manga. i think everyone has the issue of labeling people "strong" but not realizing that a battle is not going to go as simply as he's strong therefore he should win. also these guys are thousands of years old they have been through tough battles before and they will get through this one hopefully. wait and see approach.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wooticus View Post
    Seriously, this is ridiculous. Soul society, who's been there for 10.000 years with it's strongest captains and so on.. gets stomped in like.. minutes.. Shunsui, one of the strongest captain to be there gets totally destroyed by a mere quincy.. while already releasing shikai.. and those quincy also have their more powerful forms left, they only did "basic attacks".. How can it be that an opponent that strong just comes out of nowhere?? I don't want to QQ here, but for me it just makes sense. I'm totally fine with vice captains getting destroyed and killed.. but captains being dominated like shunsui? i better hope his opponent is the strongest of all sternritters. Or he is playing his Shikai tricks already... the more risk you take the heavier you hit..
    What does Soul Society do with all of their REAL powerful shinigami? I guess we have to find out about the royal guard soon because if they don't send the real badass ones to royal guard.. being a shinigami sucks. I finally understand why aizen wanted to transcend the limits of a shinigami.. it seems to be limit you really hard.

Spoiler show

So where is this going?
    a) Top Tier captains releasing bankais that have an ludicrous strength
    b) Royal guard interfering showing soul society how useless they are
    c) Some special Soul society weapon we haven't get to know yet
    d) not gonna happen: Kenpachi cutting down all foes on his own - at least they can't seal any bankai from him
    The thing is, from the information we got in Repeat & Reboot by Kubo, it does seem like the Soul Society is going down, Quincy conquer it and the remaining shinigami manage to flee or something... and after that, Zero Squad makes their appearance and shinigami would I guess fight again (and win obviously)...

ex oriente lux

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 497 Discussion / 498 Predictions

Wow they didn't just lose their bankai, they actualy lost their Zampakutou's spirit. What the fuck.

Shunsui lost an eye? o_O

Mayuri is pissed and he's the one to blame.

So they are contacting Ichigo. Guess that this means he'll finish his fightin a jiffy and go to SS.

Now, Kenpachi move

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Are there translations to Repeat and reboot?

New Reply
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast