Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko by Abe Youichi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko by Abe Youichi

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko
    By: Abe Youichi
    Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural
    Description: A terrible creature has been plaguing the community: a man with a fishbowl for a head. When he attacks someone, the goldfish leaps out of his bowl and drinks their blood. The victim is irreversibly transformed into a goldfish! This terrible crime has happened to high-schooler Kousuke's little sister. With no other option, he takes care of his goldfish-sister as best he can.

One day, he comes across a strange girl named Ringo, who wears a school swimsuit, carries an umbrella, and keeps a gun hanging around her neck. Ringo is an apprentice blood diver, and the gun is her way of shooting herself into the wounds of the fishbowl man's victims. If she can get to them in time, she can prevent them from turning into goldfish. Ringo's mentor, Ichigo, says that she's heard of a way to turn people back from goldfish into humans. Kousuke is determined to help Ringo find a way to help his sister and the loved ones of his friends at school who have met the same fishy fate!

source: Mangaupdates

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko by Abe Youichi

Good, weird stuff. I love how Abe lets his art do the talking unlike some Gorillas. I see it's been picked up for scantlation which means my translations will stop, but I truly am looking forward to seeing more of this series.

Anyone know where to find/read Vanilla Spider by Abe Youichi? I'm truly intrigued by him now.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko by Abe Youichi

I was beginning to think nobody else was reading this potential gem. It has just the right amount of entertaining weirdness for me.

So you are the one who translates this series, but you will stop now that a group picked it up? Does that mean they didn't use your translations, or you just stop doing a series once it gets recognized?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to chapter 3. I hope more people decide to read this and come chat about it.

New Reply