Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1298

Thread: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Quote Originally Posted by matsemann08 View Post
    Masashi Kishimoto comments on Storm 3:
    This is really exciting! The story mode in this game is extremely abundant in volume… and it seems like you can use all of the Jinchuriki in the battle mode!! Also, the video quality, animation and even all the fine details that have been put into the game look really great… Absolutely amazing!! The author shouldn’t be saying this, but this is more exciting than the manga! I can’t wait… seriously!
    At least he's honest.

CC2 have a history of adding really nice filler changes to story events, for example in UNS2 I believe, how Jiraiya dies, goes out like a boss with a giant Rasengan taking a few Pain bodies with him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AkatsukiNoTobi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Been playing for 9 hours, and I've unlocked everyone besides EMS Sasuke. I already feel like returning the game for some reason...

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AkatsukiNoTobi View Post
    Been playing for 9 hours, and I've unlocked everyone besides EMS Sasuke. I already feel like returning the game for some reason...
    Yea it's feta boring if you don't have any one to battle. EMS Sasuke you have to earn 150,000,000 ryo

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know about the 1.5 million for EMS Sasuke. I reached 1 million before I stopped doing free battles (I got the "Rich" title). I wonder if there are additional characters/costumes after EMS Sasuke. Maybe at the 2 million+ marks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member matsemann08's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

The Gametrailers review was a pretty weird, for 80 % of it the reviewer only talked about how the story mode was disappointing and kept repeating the same things, bad review (and bad score).
    http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/...storm-3-review
    Last edited by matsemann08; March 06, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Curryman's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad Re: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Just got done playing on Day 1. Got to the end of Chapter 3 and played one online match.

I already walked into this game negatively which I admit didn't help but at the end of the day I'm not impressed at all. I am just not getting the same feeling I did with Storm 2 and playing the story mode seems more like a chore than anything.

For the people that haven't bought it yet. The demo was a huge trap to get you to buy the game. The epic boss battle that was in the demo is the best part of the game and so far none of the other boss battles or battles from story mode thus far have come close to compare to it.

The story mode itself has gone downhill from Storm 2 to me. The open world exploration with side missions and item collection from Storm 2 is at a extreme minimum and you don't get to run around in the Narutoverse much at all except to move you along from one battle to another.

The new mob battle system was fun for 30 seconds and then turned into the tree climb from Storm 1 after fighting the same respawned group of Samurai for the 52nd time.

I didn't think the side combo being removed was that much of a big deal until the story mode. As in the past game you fight with mostly Naruto again and again which was no surprise but this gets boring even faster when all you can do is an air combo, base combo and down combo. The side combo at least threw a bit of variety into the mix and even this is gone now.

A lot of the boss battles I expected were dumbed down or not in the game at all. Sasuke vs. the five kages was not a cinematic battle but instead a series of battles where you fight the kage 1V1 and the 90% of Chapter 1 is boring dialogue as opposed to running around the world or side missions or cutscenes. There is no. Killer Bee vs. Kisame battle either as Kisame never fuses with Samehada and simply falls down and "dies". I was really looking forward to the giant water dome too.

Speaking of cutscenes they are very minimal or simply dialogue disguised as a cutscene. After 5 hours into the game I have only played 2 epic cinematic battles which were the demo prologue and Team 7 reunion.

Online battle is still fun at least but more or less the same. I did notice you cannot use the DLC costumes however making them more or less pointless for me. A lot of the OP jutsus have been nerfed for instance I played as "Masked Man" against a Nagato w/ Madara/Itachi support and even though I won the battle Tobi's jutsu was nowhere near what it used to be. Substiution jutsu's seem to take a lot longer to recharge so taijutsu is a lot more relevant than it was in the past games which is nice. It's only one match but it seems the best players will be the ones that can master getting the opponent to waste their substitutions.

All in All I won't give a complete opinion since I haven't beaten it fully yet but I am sorely disapponted. It's looking like I will beat the story mode and return the game to get credit towards Tomb Raider by my 5 hours of playing so far. The worst thing is this game had the potential to be so much more if the developers had simply put a little more time into it but has instead turned into a yearly cash grab for CC2/Namco Bandai where they add a few characters and a few minor tweaks and label it as a "NEW" game.

EDIT: Lastly can anyone tell me what the patch was for because there was a Day 1 patch I had to install as soon as I played the game.
    Last edited by Curryman; March 06, 2013 at 05:14 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member liangbi's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the game's loading a bit slow or am i just imagining it?
    "For every man there is a purpose which he sets up in his life. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds"
    PSN: triancirc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zachc2009's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curryman View Post
    Just got done playing on Day 1. Got to the end of Chapter 3 and played one online match.

I already walked into this game negatively which I admit didn't help but at the end of the day I'm not impressed at all. I am just not getting the same feeling I did with Storm 2 and playing the story mode seems more like a chore than anything.

For the people that haven't bought it yet. The demo was a huge trap to get you to buy the game. The epic boss battle that was in the demo is the best part of the game and so far none of the other boss battles or battles from story mode thus far have come close to compare to it.

The story mode itself has gone downhill from Storm 2 to me. The open world exploration with side missions and item collection from Storm 2 is at a extreme minimum and you don't get to run around in the Narutoverse much at all except to move you along from one battle to another.

The new mob battle system was fun for 30 seconds and then turned into the tree climb from Storm 1 after fighting the same respawned group of Samurai for the 52nd time.

I didn't think the side combo being removed was that much of a big deal until the story mode. As in the past game you fight with mostly Naruto again and again which was no surprise but this gets boring even faster when all you can do is an air combo, base combo and down combo. The side combo at least threw a bit of variety into the mix and even this is gone now.

A lot of the boss battles I expected were dumbed down or not in the game at all. Sasuke vs. the five kages was not a cinematic battle but instead a series of battles where you fight the kage 1V1 and the 90% of Chapter 1 is boring dialogue as opposed to running around the world or side missions or cutscenes. There is no. Killer Bee vs. Kisame battle either as Kisame never fuses with Samehada and simply falls down and "dies". I was really looking forward to the giant water dome too.

Speaking of cutscenes they are very minimal or simply dialogue disguised as a cutscene. After 5 hours into the game I have only played 2 epic cinematic battles which were the demo prologue and Team 7 reunion.

Online battle is still fun at least but more or less the same. I did notice you cannot use the DLC costumes however making them more or less pointless for me. A lot of the OP jutsus have been nerfed for instance I played as "Masked Man" against a Nagato w/ Madara/Itachi support and even though I won the battle Tobi's jutsu was nowhere near what it used to be. Substiution jutsu's seem to take a lot longer to recharge so taijutsu is a lot more relevant than it was in the past games which is nice. It's only one match but it seems the best players will be the ones that can master getting the opponent to waste their substitutions.

All in All I won't give a complete opinion since I haven't beaten it fully yet but I am sorely disapponted. It's looking like I will beat the story mode and return the game to get credit towards Tomb Raider by my 5 hours of playing so far. The worst thing is this game had the potential to be so much more if the developers had simply put a little more time into it but has instead turned into a yearly cash grab for CC2/Namco Bandai where they add a few characters and a few minor tweaks and label it as a "NEW" game.

EDIT: Lastly can anyone tell me what the patch was for because there was a Day 1 patch I had to install as soon as I played the game.
    That's weird could have sworn I saw someone use Goku Naruto online...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've also thought of trading this towards Tomb Raider. Maybe I'll get $30 for it. Or maybe Best Buy can give me $40 and I'll get some movies. I just want to finish up the achievements for it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No there's no other achievement at the 2 million mark.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Curryman's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zachc2009 View Post
    That's weird could have sworn I saw someone use Goku Naruto online...
    My bad, I was referring to the Neon Alley DLC. I couldn't use Anbu Itachi or Swimsuit Tsunade and the like. They only show up in free battle for me. Didn't get a chance to try Goku Naruto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zachc2009's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curryman View Post
    My bad, I was referring to the Neon Alley DLC. I couldn't use Anbu Itachi or Swimsuit Tsunade and the like. They only show up in free battle for me. Didn't get a chance to try Goku Naruto.
    They sent my copy today.. Prepare for our battle because your going to lose.. Though I need a few hours on story mode to unlock my main characters..

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

how do you unlock madara?
    "For every man there is a purpose which he sets up in his life. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By going through the story mode. You beat him with tsunade.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    By going through the story mode. You beat him with tsunade.
    one of the negatives of the game... winning against a character like madara with tsunade.. would have preferred it with a cliffhanger of the kages beaten up

New Reply
Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast