Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snakes

1 16.67%
  • Toads

5 83.33%
  • Slugs are the best!

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Oro & Kabuto vs Jiraiya & Naruto - Battle of Masters and Apprentices

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Oro & Kabuto vs Jiraiya & Naruto - Battle of Masters and Apprentices

The final battle to determine which is better, snake or toad.
    Masters and apprentices fight in a 2 versus 2 team battle, and the outcome will determine who's the strongest.

Where they fight: the barren wasteland where the Alliance fought the 4 Edo Kages, they start a good 15 meters from each other

Restrictions: No Edo Tensei for both Oro and Kabuto
    No Kyuubi modes for Naruto, so no Kyuubi tailed mode, chakra mode or Bijuu Mode.
    They all start in base.
    They can't summon the same summon at the same time, but the summons will obey both guys on the team.

Other: They have complete info on each other, and go at it with the intent to kill the other team in the most fast, gruesome and bloody way as possible
    EDIT: adjusted the restriction
    Last edited by Uchiha_Blood; June 21, 2012 at 09:47 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kyuubinoyoko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oro & Kabuto vs Jiraiya & Naruto - Battle of Masters and Apprentices

Is Hydra and Jiraiyas sage mode out?

Most of the nerfs seem to be on Narutos part which extremely limits his ability to contribute this battle. Base Naruto has very low level feats especially considering his main jutsu is enhanced by his ability to use it through different chakra sources(Sage and Kyuubi).

However since he can still use FRS in base mode, and is passable in taijutsu, I will say he takes Kabuto or oro out if he hits them.

If Jiraiya is base mode only he is still formidable. Swamp of the underworld to handle major summons. Close range and long range jutsu, great defense.

Oro is regular oro. Snakeyniss and all, rashamon might be a problem at this level of combat. Other than that the Kusanagi is pretty much all I can think of him using for combat.

Kabuto has the lowest feats in my opinion. Beyond his ability to summon manda 2.0 which Jiraiya could easily dispatch with multiple summons or swamp of the underworld. He can be taken out by either jiraiya or naruto. While ill say only Naruto can take Orochimaaru out due to his resiliency otherwise(except for FRS which he cant tank).

Team Toad wins.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH MEANINGLESS CHATTER

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubinoyoko View Post
    Is Hydra and Jiraiyas sage mode out?

Most of the nerfs seem to be on Narutos part which extremely limits his ability to contribute this battle. Base Naruto has very low level feats especially considering his main jutsu is enhanced by his ability to use it through different chakra sources(Sage and Kyuubi).

However since he can still use FRS in base mode, and is passable in taijutsu, I will say he takes Kabuto or oro out if he hits them.

If Jiraiya is base mode only he is still formidable. Swamp of the underworld to handle major summons. Close range and long range jutsu, great defense.

Oro is regular oro. Snakeyniss and all, rashamon might be a problem at this level of combat. Other than that the Kusanagi is pretty much all I can think of him using for combat.

Kabuto has the lowest feats in my opinion. Beyond his ability to summon manda 2.0 which Jiraiya could easily dispatch with multiple summons or swamp of the underworld. He can be taken out by either jiraiya or naruto. While ill say only Naruto can take Orochimaaru out due to his resiliency otherwise(except for FRS which he cant tank).

Team Toad wins.
    My bad, I meant only Kyuubi modes, Sage mode and Hydra are good.
    Guess in the hurry I forgot to add it lol
    Since I limited Edo Tensei, I believe it is only right to limit Naruto's greatest strenght, that is Kyuubi.

On your analysis, I wouldn't dismiss kabuto so easily, even in base he has his modified body that can be dangerous to face without raiton-based attacks, and the Toads team would require at least a senjutsu empowered Oodama Rasengan to damage him.
    It would be a good fight even without Sage Mode for the trio of users though, all of them are pretty strong on their own.
    Poor Oro, he will feel left out in a battle between Sages

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Snakes win comfortably. Jiraiya takes 12132423421 years to reach Sage Mode, so most of the fighting will be handled by Naruto. And both Kabuto and Orochimaru won't be killed by anything short of an FRS, which Naruto can only use 2 of before his Sage Mode runs out. Kabuto however has revealed no upward limit to the amount of time his Sage Mode lasts, can liquify his body, and use techniques gained from the Sound 5.

He can clear out the entire battlefield worth of clones via Bone Forest or even better, Muki Tensei, since he can control where the attacks come from (directly beneath them, instantly), or paralyze Jiraiya, Naruto, and all his clones via Tayuya's Genjutsu. He can use Suiton which protects him from Jiraiya's Katon, can summon a stronger, larger version of Manda (I'm assuming Orochimaru doesn't have access to Manda 2.0), and potentially, produce the same paralyzing blood fumes that Orochimaru's White Snake Form posesses, just incase he's severely wounded and can't aid Orochimaru. He can also fire Hakugeki to blind and cripple the opponents long enough for a giant snake to snatch them up from underground. He has so many battlefield clearing jutsu it's not funny.

And this is all without relying on Orochimaru's aid. Add him to the mix and we have a gigantic Hydra, or Sanjuu Rashoumon for defensive purposes and nothing short of constant Tajuu Kage Bunshin with giant Rasengan would ever get close enough to do any real damage. It's even possible that Kabuto can obliterate Jiraiya's Swamp of the Underworld in two different ways. He could either use Muki Tensei to force the muck away (parting the red sea like Moses), or use Jiroubo's douton to just drop a massive whole in the ground for the mud to sink through.

My literal only concern is that Orochimaru could be caught with Hakugeki or Tayuya's Genjutsu. I mean even if he is, it's not like he'd be dead... he just couldn't capitalize on the weaknesses of Jiraiya and Naruto.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Snakes win comfortably. Jiraiya takes 12132423421 years to reach Sage Mode, so most of the fighting will be handled by Naruto. And both Kabuto and Orochimaru won't be killed by anything short of an FRS, which Naruto can only use 2 of before his Sage Mode runs out. Kabuto however has revealed no upward limit to the amount of time his Sage Mode lasts, can liquify his body, and use techniques gained from the Sound 5.

He can clear out the entire battlefield worth of clones via Bone Forest or even better, Muki Tensei, since he can control where the attacks come from (directly beneath them, instantly), or paralyze Jiraiya, Naruto, and all his clones via Tayuya's Genjutsu. He can use Suiton which protects him from Jiraiya's Katon, can summon a stronger, larger version of Manda (I'm assuming Orochimaru doesn't have access to Manda 2.0), and potentially, produce the same paralyzing blood fumes that Orochimaru's White Snake Form posesses, just incase he's severely wounded and can't aid Orochimaru. He can also fire Hakugeki to blind and cripple the opponents long enough for a giant snake to snatch them up from underground. He has so many battlefield clearing jutsu it's not funny.

And this is all without relying on Orochimaru's aid. Add him to the mix and we have a gigantic Hydra, or Sanjuu Rashoumon for defensive purposes and nothing short of constant Tajuu Kage Bunshin with giant Rasengan would ever get close enough to do any real damage. It's even possible that Kabuto can obliterate Jiraiya's Swamp of the Underworld in two different ways. He could either use Muki Tensei to force the muck away (parting the red sea like Moses), or use Jiroubo's douton to just drop a massive whole in the ground for the mud to sink through.

My literal only concern is that Orochimaru could be caught with Hakugeki or Tayuya's Genjutsu. I mean even if he is, it's not like he'd be dead... he just couldn't capitalize on the weaknesses of Jiraiya and Naruto.
    That was.....thorough. Pretty much addressed everything. I agree completely, Kabuto & Orochimaru hold the advantage over Naruto & Jiraiya.

The teams seem seriously unbalanced. Maybe if Kabuto didn't have access to the Sound Five's abilities, or Naruto had access to his Kyuubi chakra with the exception of his full Tailed Beast Cloak and a limit on clones, it might be more of a fair fight. To be honest, with the skill sets available to Kabuto & Naruto it would be really difficult to balance this fight out to make it even close. It is likely to clearly go one way or the other no matter how the conditions are manipulated. But as it is, Naruto & Jiraiya are outclassed.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Without Kyuubi, I think Kabuto is better tan Naruto. His sage mode seems stronger to me, and he has achieved a lot of jutsu both from Orochimaru, Suigetsu, the 5 of the sound, etc. He is a very completed ninja plus he has the best summon (Manda II). On the other side, Orochimaru is probably worse than Jiraiya due to the lack of sage mode, but I don't think Jiraiya has something to counter "Yamata no Orochi no jutsu".

I think probably Kabuto + Orochimaru will win. Also they both are pretty inmune to harm.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Orochimaru adn Kabuto win because they're nearly indestructible, and Kabuto's very hard to hit. Even a weakened bijuu cannon couldn't keep Orochimaru down. Though, even he shouldn't survive FRS. Orochimaru and Kabuto's ability to tank is what saves them.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

With the limitations put on Naruto's team, having JMan start in normal mode, Kabuto having all those nice techs including genjutsu and so on this battle is close to spite... Snake would dominate them completly... Hell Kabuto even has AOE genjutsu that Naruto can't avoid with clones... Not a chanse in hell. Team snake stomp.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a GOOD battle. Ok so lets see the Prime factor jutsus's Kabuto's inorganic jutsus,That other light/sound jutsus,his healing and sound's 4 ability + Manda 2...Combined with Oro's snake jutsus,His Demon gate's,Ksunagi sword and Hydra technique.....Versus 3Frog summons, Frog song genjutsus, Swamp,boiling oil,Giant Rasengan,FRS and Kage bushin....Team Snake almost immortal bodies and substitution jutsus makes for good defense on top of Oro's snakes that posses good offense and defense capabilities. Their summons and Hydra technique are easily countered by other Summons + assist jutsus such as swamp world and Giant Rasengan's...Toad team has the upper hand in Tajitsus possessing immesnse strength and acute sense's, Naruto spams KageBushin with Rasengan variation's capable of taking out Snake's defense's. J mans Toad mouth and boiling jutsus are good offensive the first being a game ender..and FRS also a game ender........This battle is wrapped around Imo Kabuto's inorganic jutsus, light/sound jutsus and Oro's Ksunagi sword These are their battle enders versus Frog Song genjutsus, FRS, Toad Esophagus...I go with team Toad but Team Snake puts on more of a show in this fight.

New Reply