Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How would you rate the chapter?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Average

1 5.88%
  • Good

4 23.53%
  • Great

12 70.59%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 193 Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 193 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fkm789 View Post
    O men this gonna be a great chapter finally kuriboh makes apareance and another gourmet national treasures appear!! , also the name of the acacia hors d'oeuvres looks interesiting.

There four great beasts?? i dont understand this part well, and like i said the last week seems that guy is from the same tribe that grinpatch yeah!!!!!!. Thank you very much kewl.
    I believe he was referring to the lvl 100 beasts which every other beast in the HW is compared against. It appears as though they are about to awaken and they will most likely serve as the 4 Heavenly Kings' final training.

It's weird though, we know that Coco is weaker than Zebura yet they are both expected to take down monsters of a similar level? Will the heavenly kings' power be equal now? I was kind of hoping for Toriko to have surpassed the others with Food Honour now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner printLn's Avatar
    Country
    Djibouti
    Post Thanks / Like

i mean levels aren't only determined by brute strength, so its def possible for each of the four kings to fight a diff beast according to their own specialty.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by printLn View Post
    i mean levels aren't only determined by brute strength, so its def possible for each of the four kings to fight a diff beast according to their own specialty.
    At this point I think that all four can take on the beast, the problem I am having is with Zebra he has already fought with beast whose capture levels are immeasurable so will it really be challenging fight for him. As for Coco, he is one of those people who doesn't rely on physical strength, rather in strategies and out smarting his opponent, so even if he is physically weaker he can more than make it up with his tactics.

Now lastly I am really amazed with Starjun and him cooking the bubble fruit. It seems that the guy i like Itachi of the Toriko world. I am really hoping and looking forward to the cooking festival and that komatsu would show us some cool cooking skills that he might have learned.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a feeling that the old master who is going to the Cooking Fest will be injured heavily or eliminated since Midora is expecting him to com. Hopefully Toriko can learn something from him before that happens. I wonder if Toriko's next training will give him more power up than food honor.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

My initial thought was that he was actually the mole who leaked the information.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

It's out guys: http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/193

Awesome chapter, so many new characters and info even though there was no action.

We got confirmation that not only Toriko but all Heavenly Kings will fight lv100 beasts as their final training. Cooking Festival is also going to be major event and hermit Kousairou will be there and it will be interesting to see his abilities.

What I find a bit strange is President saying that he basically entrusts Human World to his disciples, and also instructing other members to leave work to their respective successors. I see this as his intention to stay in GW until God is obtained and war won. Toriko and others might take excursions in the GW but it seems they will be stationed in HW and wage war against Bishokukai there.

I said few weeks ago that it is unlikely we'll see Staajyun cooking and preparing ingredients but there he is lol! Playing around in the kitchen with apron on he looks far less menacing. Boss Midora seems to be training for eating contest against President

Story is now set with so many possibilities, I'm excited for everything that could happen now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting chapter.

Obviously a big question is:
    Who was a traitor?
    I got the feeling that it was the master of pottery and Ichiryu wants to confront him after the meeting.
    Curibou seemed to be quiet surprised that Ichchiryu wanted to talk with him.

I also wonder what Starjun thinks about. "This was wrong, too."
    Is he referring to the ingredient and he fed Midora something wrong?
    Made he some mistake preparing the food since he lacks food luck?

Also we should be aware that if even Starjun is cooking currently, probably EVERY last one of the Bishokukai cooks is currently in the kitchen preparing food for Midora to get stronger.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with LoS, i got a feeling Kousairou is the mole, just something about ichiryuu's face when he said he was going to count on him and also got a feeling he will get kuribou to go to cooking fest and help because he suspects kousairou

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangafox.me/manga/toriko/c193/15.html

i don't like the look ichi is giving here. Is he suspecting the hermit the mole or he can sense that the hermit might die at the festival. Do you think SHima will have no qualms killing a character?

This chapter shows even the good guys can be all that cool. But makes me wonder who built that huge base. No construction company can operate there in GW. Its one of the mysteries in any manga i guess.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Not much in terms of action, but lots of information about what's to come and introductions to IGO's elite members. Can't wait to see what IGO's best are capable of. It appears that Toriko is about to face his last test in the Human World. The Four Beasts should be interesting, considering their status. The President's reaction to Hermit was interesting, it's likely that he suspects him or expects him to face serious threat. Cooking Fest would be a great opportunity for Komatsu to gain experience and show some growth. Looking forward to what comes next.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 193 Discussion Thread

Personal Prediction:
    • The Four Beasts are one of two things:
      1. 1 beast, with the characteristics of four different creatures, four different heads, and the Capture Level 100 beast;
      2. 4 individual beasts, most likely based on these guys these guys, all with incalcuable Capture Levels.
    • If it is the first one, I imagine that Ichiryuu has ordered the Four Heavenly Kings to fight it together, which (though it will annoy them) they will do, bringing along Komatsu as well.
    • If it is the second one, then each King is assigned one beast.
      • All of them want Komatsu's cooking skill, Food Luck and ability to hear the Ingredients "voice".
      • Komatsu wishes to see all the beasts and agree to help all of them.
      • They travel to each of the beasts one-by-one.
      • Either just Toriko, or all Four Heavenly Kings (possibly with their Animal Partners) tag along, mainly to ensure Komatsu's safety rather then to help the other king capture their beast, though they end up helping anyway.
      • Komatsu takes an item, like a scale or a claw, from each of the beasts to be made into new cooking utensils later.
    • As for the Cooking Fest, I think it will most likely happen after the Four Beasts, and will premier Komatsu's new gear.
      • I think the Bishokukai, rather than disrupting the tournament and kidnap the chefs, will enter a few of their own as participants.
      • The participating Bishokukai will scout the weaker but more talented chefs, and then capture them a little later.
      • Ootake is also participating, so Komatsu and Ootake have their own private cooking show down, which is either interupted, or Komatsu wins.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

the chapter was interesting. It was informative and introduced a pack of new characters. So now we know all the members of 0th Biotope and one of them will be fighting soon in the possible battle on Cooking Fest between Bishokukai and others who will be present. So then we might not only learn about his abilities and his strength, but also understand if he is that traitor who licked info to Bishokukai or was it another person. Though he seems the most suspicious for now and really looks more like those from Bishokukai, he might be really innocent. And he also seems to be one of the most powerful among those from 0th Biotope as it was stressed by Astrolog guy.

If you are right on the creatures being based on these chinese beasts, then it would be great if Toriko fights Azure Dragon.

Also, in this chapter Ichiryu's hair has grown quite a bit and he really looks even more like Toriko.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; June 28, 2012 at 09:56 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter with full of info are always so awesome , i think the "mole" is Kousairou because his face remind me gt robo , maybe he is working with the third faction??, and what's the reason for ichiryu to call kuribo???

BTW: Thanks to this chapter i noticed two things:

1-Sakura had already appeared in the memories of grinpatch SEE?

2- Grinpatch have a headscarf with the same forms of livebearer tattos :

headscarf

Livebearer tattos

ummm i dont think that was a coincidence.
    Last edited by B'arzz; June 28, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good informative chapter. We finally get to see all the top dogs for the "good" team. It looks like the Cooking fest will be the next major arc. But i think maybe one or 2 mini arcs might squeeze in there before that (probably transitional stuff).

So a major beast for each King. There's 4 mini arcs right there. I hope they don't disappoint, but i'm sure they won't.

I'm actually looking forward to the Cooking Fest, even though there probably won't be much fighting. I wonder if the competition will require Komatsu to be by his self the whole time or will he be able to have Toriko help in certain situations. If not, maybe he'll have to handle a minor wild ingredient by himself. Hopefully he'll man up instead of crying and yelling "Torigo-zann". LOL!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the reason for ichiryu to call kuribo???
    Either Ichi needs a realy strong/ particular pot for something or Kuribou is the traitor.
    I prefer the latter because of the little exclamation marked and the (faked?) obliviousness.

BTW: Thanks to this chapter i noticed two things:

1-Sakura had already appeared in the memories of grinpatch SEE?

2- Grinpatch have a headscarf with the same forms of livebearer tattos :

headscarf

Livebearer tattos

ummm i dont think that was a coincidence.
    I also want to add this page.
    Many noted the similarities between Grinpatch and Taka. They look very similar.
    Their facial structure is kinda similar and they share the similar black tribal tattoos around their head and neck.
    Main difference is that Taka does have a darker skin colour and that apparently Taka does not have an extra set of arms, best to see here.
    A connection between the two of them is quiet likely.
    We might also add the Saiseya of the Bishokai.
    He has dark skin and similar facial and body tattoos.
    The Lifebearer shares a similar physique (eyes and jawline are quiet distinctive for these 3 guys) and the pattern of Grinpatch bandana.
    Don't know if the author likes the pattern, maybe we can find it elsewhere as well but so far I see no connection.
    Last edited by Umbra Wolf; June 29, 2012 at 02:29 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast