Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Anime Directors

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Anime Directors

Nagai Tatsuyuki: Director of Toradora, Railgun, Anohana, and Anonatsu. I started Toradora when it was airing, but never finished it. I plan on finishing soon. Anohana, Railgun, and Anonatsu are all wonderful anime. Nagai's anime are always so warm, full of feeling and humor. The characters are always memorable, fully developed, showcasing a wide range of emotion. He is an expert at depicting the bond between friends, and tension. Nagai has an incredible eye, his cinematography, scene composition, and color are always gorgeous. Anohana and (both seasons of) Railgun are two of my favorite anime ever.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishihara Tatsuya definitely needs to be mentioned. Chuunibyou, Haruhi Suzumiya series + movie and Nichijou are all awesome works. He was also responsible for the famous Clannad/Clannad: After Story and Kanon, two highly praised shows (which reminds me I should get to watch Clannad at some point). It seems nearly every show he's responsible for is really well-received and I have yet to see him fail. I'm just going to ignore Endless 8

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My only complaint about Ishihara is that most of his anime follow a formula. It is a good formula, and he makes great anime, but it's still a formula. Apathetic guy meets quirky, energetic, socially isolated girl, they accidentally become friends, madness ensues. That is really just nitpicking on my part, it does not really take away from his greatness. When all is said and done, Miyazaki movies follow an even more rigid formula, so I can hardly fault Ishihara. He's definitely one of my favorites. I started watching anime again specifically because of Chuunibyou. I was not missing a new series by the director of Haruhi and Clannad. I have not seen Nichijou yet, but plan too eventually.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2