Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recipes Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recipes Thread

Not really much of a recipe, but since I just made some....

Mimi's Morning Muchies:
    It's a very simple procedure that grants oh so yummy morning rolls ^_^

What you need(say for 1):
    - pita bread
    - egg(1 or 2 depending on how thick you like your omelettes)
    - green onions(probably half of one should be more than enough)
    - 1 or 2 slices of cheddar cheese
    - 1/2 slice of ham
    - milk

So pretty simple, just crack open the eggs in a bowl and add milk to it(normally I just wing the amount, but just ad in a bit). The stir, the eggs until the yolk and the white become uniform with the milk. Add in the green onions, ham and anything else you'd like.

Start the frying pan and dump the whole mixture on it. Keep a close eye on it because it can fry fast. While doing that, dump the cheese slice on the pita bread(feel free to add more if you like cheese).

Once the omelette is done(i.e. once the back facing the pan is brownish), remove it and place it on the pita. The heat from the omelette should basically melt the cheese so you don't need to actually do anything lol. After that, roll it up, cut it in a few pieces(I normally do 3) and eat!

So pretty straightforward and I doubt I actually had to bother to write this post because half of you already know how to make this lol

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Emilie <3

Basic, but very tasty meal Thanks for posting.

I usually fold the omelette. Never ate it with a pita bread before. I shall try that sometime

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Putting it into a pita allows you to bring it around as a snack/breakfast on the move though. When I have time, I make it in the morning and bring it to the bus(when it's not too cold outside that is lol )

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

mhm, agreed!

I really like it when Pita is freshly made. Nice and warm
    Hmmm fresh pita and omelette

I may go to the superstore and buy some fresh made pita lol. Plus I need to make someone a meal >.>

Ah well, I love cooking too much.

Hiya!!
    Recipe Number 2

This awesome, delightful, tasting recipe is directly from Chef Gordon Ramsay's books

Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe is 'tis recipe's name hehe

The ingredients below serves 4 people!
    Ingredients

* Groundnut oil
    * 1 large onion, peeled
    * 2 fresh green chillies
    * 1" piece of ginger, peeled
    * 3 garlic cloves, peeled
    * ½ tsp red chilli powder
    * 1 tsp turmeric
    * 2 tsp garam masala
    * 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
    * 1 tbsp tomato puree
    * 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
    * 4 boneless chicken breasts (approx 150g each), cubed
    * 10 dried curry leaves
    * 4-6 tbsp natural yoghurt
    * Handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped

For the steamed rice

* 400g basmati rice, rinsed
    * 600ml cold water
    * Salt and pepper
    * 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
    * 2 star anise

Making the Chicken Tikka Masala

1. Heat two tablespoons of groundnut oil in a pan. Slice the onion and fry in the oil. Meanwhile, deseed and chop the chilli, chop the ginger and add to the hot pan, crush in the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften.

2. Add the chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and sugar and cook for 1-2 minutes. Next, add the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes to the pan and allow them to cook for a further few minutes.

3. Transfer the sauce to a food processor and blend until smooth.

4. Add a tablespoon of fresh groundnut oil into the pan and fry the chicken pieces until lightly coloured. Pour in the blended sauce and add the curry leaves. Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

5. Place the rice in a saucepan, add the cold water and season with salt and pepper. Lightly crush the cardamom pods with your fingers and add to the pan with the star anise. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the rice to steam for a further 5 minutes. Remove the cardamom and star anise. Fluff up the rice with a fork and set aside.

6. Stir in the yoghurt to the chicken curry along with half the chopped coriander. Serve with the steamed rice and garnish with the remaining coriander.

THE PRESENTATION!!
    Last edited by Matthew; April 23, 2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MissYuki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yummy that looks so good Matthew! I'm going to have to try that recipe pretty soon!
    Lets see...

Yuki's Apple Cinnamon Bread:

Ingredients:
    1 cup peeled, chopped apples
    2 teaspoon cinnamon (You can add more if you love your cinnamon!)
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup butter (melted)
    1 egg (beaten)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla

OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS::
    1/2 cup pecans
    1/2 cup raisons

Steps:

Preheat the oven to 350 F

Use a large bowl to mix your flour, sugar, vanilla, milk, egg, melted butter, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Make sure you mix them well!

Carefully fold in the chopped apple pieces. (If you chose to add raisons add them in as well)

Now pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan. (If you decided to use pecans you can top the loaf now)

Bake the loaf for about 45 minutes, keeping the temperature at 350 F. Make sure the center is baked through before you take the loaf out to cool.

Cool for about 10 minutes in the loaf pan before removing the bread onto a wire rack to cool completely...

And Wallah!! You have your bread! =D ENJOY!

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment...Please enjoy!!

To your blessed destruction

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The Recipe Thread

Have a special recipe you always use when baking apple pie or maybe you have a great pork recipe you feel like sharing.

Here we share and discuss the best and the worst. Which recipes should you, and should you NOT use :-)
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blood1523's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those look like awesome recipes MissYuki and Matthew I'm gonna have to try both of yours.

My recipe is Yakisoba that my dad originally started to make and I kinda made it into my own style. Depending on your appetite the can serve 1-2 people. Well lets get started... (And forgive me if i don't have exact measurement I usually wing it XD)

Ingredients:

2 Packs of Chicken Flavored Ramen
    Ham (Thick lunch meat works the best.)
    1 Green Onion
    Bean Sprouts
    Napa Cabbage
    2 eggs
    Red Pepper Flakes (Optional. My family likes hot food so depending on you tastes you can use it or not.)
    Butter
    Chili oil

Steps:

You need to start by boiling the water for the ramen noddles.

Once its ready put the ramen in it your gonna want to make the noddles a bit al dente.

Strain them and keep them in the strainer then put the noodles to the side.

Cut the ham into 1/4 inch strips. After that give the napa cabbage and green onion a rough chop.

Add about a tablespoon of Chili Oil and Butter into a large sauté pan.

Once butter is melted add the Ham, Napa cabbage, Green onions. Sauté them until browned.

Get the noodles and run them under some water to loosen them up again and add the packs of Chicken flavoring.

Now add your noodles and a hand full of Bean Sprouts to the sauté pan mix together. (I just flip the food in the pan but mixing with a spatula works fine too. Now would be the time to add the Red pepper flakes if you choose.)

Sauté it for about 5-10 minutes stirring often.

Now make a hole in to middle of the food and put another tablespoon of butter in. Once melted add the 2 eggs and scramble them.(You can do this in a separate pan but doing it this way is one less thing you'll have to clean later. )

Mix everything together a few more times.

And Voualá!! That is it if you have any questions feel free to PM me. This is my first recipe I've written so I hope I did alright.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for something unhealthy to do with spaghetti?
    Roast ham sausage and onions in a pan, add cream and spaghetti when they're slightly roasted. Wait for most of the cream to evaporate. Usually my last minute rescue when I'm really hungry and there's few food at home.

Banana Curry Sauce:
    Squish a banana and combine it with some cream in a pan, optionally some onion can be added. Add some thai curry and that's pretty much it. Suits well to rice and chicken. Easy and fast. Just don't use too much cream or the taste will be stale, there's no problem if it's just a little bit viscous.

Yeah I'm too lazy for real recipes, no precise measurement required
    My mother has some great recipes, I'm just too lazy. Gotta finally lern hers.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Charlie-San
    Thread Merged
    Last edited by Charlie; September 16, 2010 at 08:12 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since this is a holiday season for many of us, I thought it would be a cool idea to share some holiday recipes. Here’s a recipe that is quite easy to make and that is also pretty yummy.

Eggnog

Ingredients
    • 6 eggs
    • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 quart milk
    • 1/3 pint heavy whipping cream
    • 1 pinch ground nutmeg
    • 1 pinch salt

Directions
    1. Beat eggs; mix in condensed milk, vanilla, quart of milk and salt.
    2. Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold in to egg and milk mixture and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve chilled.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azurel View Post
    Japan #2 (From Yakitate!! Japan)

Ingredients
    350g of bread flour
    21g of butter
    21g of sugar
    35ml of milk
    180ml of water
    5g of dry yeast
    6.5g of salt

How to make Japan #2?
    1. First add flour, sugar, salt, yeast dissolved in water, water and milk to rice cooker pot.
    2. Mix it well and knead the ingredients
    3. Then, add butter
    4. Knead it some more until it no longer feels sticky
    5. Leave it in a warm place for 1 hour to allow it to rise
    6. Get rid of the extra gas
    7. Place in the rice cooker for 1 hour
    8. After 1 hour, turn it over and cook it again
    9. After that, turn it over and cook it once again

And there you have it fluffy rice cooker bread!
    Will that shine like gold similar to the anime? LOL

I envy you people who know how to cook. I can only fry hot dogs, eggs, bacon, etc.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

"Anyone can cook" ~ Gusteau

Seriously though... it's basically down to practice. Start with a simple recipe that you actually like the sound/look of lol. I never stick 100% to a recipe. If you have an interest in cooking or would like to improve ya skillz in the kitchen then nothing is stopping you practice riiiight?

Btw - Quote from the movie; Ratatouille.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know the french dessert eclair or the profiterolles
    Here is the recipe to make the pastry and make your friends believe you are a 3 stars chef

Ingredients :
    1/4l water
    150g flour
    75g butter
    4 eggs

Put the butter cut in small pieces with the water in a saucepan. Let melt the butter until the watter boil then stop the fire

Put the flour in the mix all at once. Turn with a wood spoon until it is homogeneous

Put the mix on a small fire to dry it (continue to mix it with the spoon). The mix shall stop attached to the spoon or the saucespan
    Put out of the fire

Add 1 egg to the mix. At first it does not mix well but after a few effort you have a nice homogeneous pastry
    Do the same with the other eggs ( one by one )

With a spoon ( cofee spoon for small ones, sup spoon for big ones), set small amount of the mix on a floured plate. Put in the oven for 25 minutes at 200C ( the choux shall have a nice brown color )

Here is a site with pictures of the different steps
    http://chefsimon.com/pate-a-chou.html

Now you just have to fill the choux with whatever you like. The traditional is a chocolate or cafe cream but the easiest and favorite one are the profiterolles
    You put vanilla ice cream in the choux and serve them with melted chocolate.

Trust me it's a really simple dessert always wonderfully appreciated.

And here is another great dessert to make your friend believe you can compete in Master Chef : The macarons
    Theory :

Ingredients for chocolate macarons :
    biscuits
    360g of ice sugar (if you don't have ice sugar, put standard sugar into a blender)
    20g of chocolate powder (van houten or equivalent)
    140g of almand powder
    5 white eggs

cream :
    40 g of Cream
    400g of dessert chocolate

Recipes :
    Mix the almand powder, 300g of sugar and the powder cacao

Mount the white eggs (sorry I don't know the expression in english : you whisk them until it's all fluffy). Add the rest of the sugar meanwhile

Mix the eggs with almand/sugar mix. After a while the egg should incorporate well to the preparation.

Heat the oven at 180°C. Put half of the pastry on a flat plate recovered with cooking paper (well the type of paper that will make the pastry easy to remove). Spread the pastry with a wood spoon so that you have a big square of ~1cm heigh

Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The pastry shall be still soft.

Do the same with the other half. Then you should have the 2 part of the biscuit.

Meanwhile prepare the cream by melting the chocolate with the cream in a saucepan. Turn and let it cool.

Once everything is cold. Put one of the half biscuit on a plate, spread the chocolate cream on it (if the cream is to soft put it in the fridge). Put the other half biscuit and here you have your giant macaron.

If you are patient enough you can make little ones like for the choux but it's much more easy this way an it tastes the same.

Now instead of chocolate you can add any flavor and change the cream but the chocolate one is the easiest to do.
    Last edited by k-dom; December 31, 2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner diana5franks's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter drink Cafe Brulot:
    Its a hot French drink!

first prepare about 3 cups of black coffee and leave it to brew for 5 minutes. In the meantime, mix in a saucepan 1 tbsp brown sugar, 6 whole cloves, a long strip each of lemon peel and orange peel, a stick of cinnamon, a pinch of natural vanilla, and 1 cup brandy.Serve into 4 cups that are three-quarters full of hot, strong coffee.Be ready to to receive compliments.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A favorite chicken spaghetti recipe.
    Ingredients:

* 1 or 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in chunks
    * 1 (6 oz.) pkg. thin spaghetti, COOKED
    * 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    * 1/2 cup diced onion
    * 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
    * 1/2 lb. Velveeta, cubed
    * salt & pepper to taste
    * Parmesan cheese, grated

Preparation:
    Mix all ingredients together, except Parmesan cheese, and place in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Cover, bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Stir once or twice toward end of cooking time to mix ingredients. (amounts of ingredients can vary slightly, if desired) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
    Carolyn's Note: thin spaghetti is best and the olives give it a taste all it's own. To me without the olives, is kinda bland. But then I like the black olives.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast