Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Official Godslayer vs. Dragonslayer Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Link between Godslayers and Dragonslayers

I don't really see any evidence to suggest that there is some sort of link between the Dragonslayers and Godslayers, in terms of their fundamental magic. The styles are similar, but beyond that there doesn't appear to be anything that would indicate some sort of deep connection. I think it likely that comparable attacks have emerged because the two groups may have learned from each other in the past, often mimicking the techniques of other groups, because their magics were similar in their form and their purpose. The theory of the evolution of DS to GS seems far-fetched based on what we've seen so far. I think the most interesting aspect of the GSs is the fact that their magic exists to take on gods. I'd be interested to see exact what these gods are, and what they're capable of. I do admit to liking the idea of a pantheon that mirrors the dragons, at least to a certain extent.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I don't really see any evidence to suggest that there is some sort of link between the Dragonslayers and Godslayers, in terms of their fundamental magic. The styles are similar, but beyond that there doesn't appear to be anything that would indicate some sort of deep connection. I think it likely that comparable attacks have emerged because the two groups may have learned from each other in the past, often mimicking the techniques of other groups, because their magics were similar in their form and their purpose. The theory of the evolution of DS to GS seems far-fetched based on what we've seen so far. I think the most interesting aspect of the GSs is the fact that their magic exists to take on gods. I'd be interested to see exact what these gods are, and what they're capable of. I do admit to liking the idea of a pantheon that mirrors the dragons, at least to a certain extent.
    We know godslayers can eat their element just like dragonslayers. Dragonslayers were said to be able to eat their element because they have the physiology of a dragon. I'm not sure what the physiology of a god is, though. Then there's the similar attacks. Those two pretty important similarities, imho.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm wondering is that the way godslayer magic taught is different. For Zancrow, it was Hades who taught the magic, a human while dragon slayers were taught by a dragon itself, second generations aren't really considered dragon slayers as Makarov once stated. The other two Orga and Chelia has yet to be discovered about who learned it from whom. Chelia's a cousin of Sherry's so I think its human. Another point is that godslayer magic is still a tad mysterious because hte magic behing it is still in a question mark. The manga hasn't revealed that much. With other two godslayers showing up, I think Zancrow might show up in a future arc. Do you think there are different generations of godslayer like dragonslayer which had the second and third. I still question if they have what it takes to defeat the first since the first, from my view are different from the second and third.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kauia View Post
    What I'm wondering is that the way godslayer magic taught is different. For Zancrow, it was Hades who taught the magic, a human while dragon slayers were taught by a dragon itself, second generations aren't really considered dragon slayers as Makarov once stated. The other two Orga and Chelia has yet to be discovered about who learned it from whom. Chelia's a cousin of Sherry's so I think its human. Another point is that godslayer magic is still a tad mysterious because hte magic behing it is still in a question mark. The manga hasn't revealed that much. With other two godslayers showing up, I think Zancrow might show up in a future arc. Do you think there are different generations of godslayer like dragonslayer which had the second and third. I still question if they have what it takes to defeat the first since the first, from my view are different from the second and third.
    That reminds me of what Mystogan was talking about last chapter about how he felt Zeref's presence (or connection to Zeref) with Chelia. Could he have something to do with her magic? If so, why wasn't that obvious with Zancrow as well? Or Orga? Does Zeref teach it a special way? It's all weird...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually thinking if Chelia's really Chelia right now. She was acting odd to me by the last few panels. Or maybe her level of godslayer magic may be much advanced to the others OR maybe it's because of the nature of her sky godslaying magic. Like someone mentioned before, it was an opposite, Life-Death. There must be some kind of link.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I doubt shelia's level of GS magic is so advanced. She hasn't been eating wendy's magic and has actually been hurt by it. Not sure if sky magic is the same as life magic. more so, more than death magic zeref's magic has been called living magic throughout the manga.

As for her being weird looking in the last few panels....
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-58342...apter-207.html
    We have seen mashima pull that one before albeit more shamelessly.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dark angel KaRamo's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

as far as i'm seeing it's a fight between a girl who doesn't like to fight with a girl who likes to fight so wendy who doesn't like to fight wont use her full power ontill she is back in to a corner witch she is now wendy also needs to learn how to heal her self quick and not to use to much large scale attacks at the start of a fight cause she run out of magic power too damn fast what wendy needs to do now it eat shelia magic now and kick her ass and shelia is not all that good i mean she isn't bad but there are so many wizard in that stadium that could kick shelia ass with ease.

back to the point Shelia's GS magic may have a little more over Wendy's DS magic but it depends on what kind of training they bout had, wendy had to teach her self when her dragon disappeared but who thought shelia that is one of the question so wendy is not at her full potential yet shelia just may have learned a bit more then wendy and trained harder
    Last edited by dark angel KaRamo; June 26, 2012 at 03:24 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I know, Dragon Slayer Magic, learned by humans, cannot kill the Dragons (Sting/Rogue might BS Natsu & friends), and God Slayer Magic, learned by humans, also cannot kill the Gods (whoever they are). In term of strength, GS is above DS, but so far GS Mage can't beat/tied with DS Mage because of FT Nakama's charm... Or maybe there really is a bunch of Gods who thaught GS magic LOL...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

how can slayer magic learned without the help of dragons be stronger than the ones learned from actual dragons even if DSers dont look like they can beat actual dragons ? if thats the case wouldnt it be better to not learn it from the dragons themselves and why call it slayer magic in the first place ? i think the GS magic is actually just dark element infused with a natural element , the dark magic is what makes it so powerful and in my head , fairy tail magic law is light magic > dark magic > others lol

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    how can slayer magic learned without the help of dragons be stronger than the ones learned from actual dragons even if DSers dont look like they can beat actual dragons ? if thats the case wouldnt it be better to not learn it from the dragons themselves and why call it slayer magic in the first place ? i think the GS magic is actually just dark element infused with a natural element , the dark magic is what makes it so powerful and in my head , fairy tail magic law is light magic > dark magic > others lol
    Well, the whole thing has hardly be explained by the manga. The only things we actually know are that dragon slayers use their magic to turn their bodies into some dragonlike being and use the same type of magic dragons use. Honestly, the idea that "real" dragon slayers are actually better than the ones that use lachrima cannot actually be supported with the manga. Has the manga ever confirmed real DS are better than lachrima users? More so, if dragons were the actual source of real DS lachrima then even "real" dragon slayer magic would not actually be real. If dragons doing something to the potential user is a requirement for the DS to learn the magic then it wouldn't in principle be significantly different from using a lachrima as either one would require foreign involvement. Then again, sticking to the definition of what a DS is, someone who mimics the body and powers of a dragon, the lachrima users have conclusively proven to be better at it. Not only they have usually being stronger than real DS (laxus would hand natsu his ass and cobra actually did that until natsu took advantage of his non DS ability) but they seem more dragonlike. Overall at least based on what we have seen so far the idea that real DSs are better than fake ones is nothing but simple bias based because the word "fake" has a negative connotation which cannot be sustained by anything in the manga. More so, sting and rogue were implied to have become stronger through the use of DS lachrima meaning that even a real DS can take advantage of it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2