Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

Quote Quote:
    At the end of an article published in the Saturday evening edition of the Asahi Shimbun paper, manga creator Masashi Kishimoto revealed that his Naruto "series is rising towards its climax" at its current point. He added, "How the story will end has already been set in my mind, so the story is just 'racing headlong in that direction.'"

Kishimoto has been serializing the ninja manga in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine since 1999, and Shueisha published the 60th compiled book volume last month. Viz Media will publish the 57th volume next month.

[Via Manga News]

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...rds-its-climax

well, I had a fellling, that Kishimoto will end this Manga after the current arc. Perhaps this year ?^^

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

Climax doesn't mean its ending. It means its "highest pick or biggest moment in the story".

Kishi already said he has the ending in the mind years ago. Please lets not go around spreading rumors about it.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why he has been rushing towards the end...

Does he believe that the world is going to end in 2012! :P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't mean we're heading straight to the end - read closely. He specifically worded it: "rising towards its climax", NOT "the manga will end extremely soon".

Climax means a huge event. Naruto is rising to the huge event. Then we'll get some closure. And then the end.
    Last edited by SlayerKisame; June 25, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

but still this tells us something.

If Naruto is ending as a drama (unlikely for shonen) this would mean we will soon reach part 3 of 5
    Otherwise in normal storys the climax is end of the second third. (compare: Part 1 Naruto, Part 2 Chronicles, Part 3?)
    Last edited by Son-Derling; July 17, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

There are few worthwhile enemies left for Naruto to fight other than Sasuke and Tobi with all the villages at peace, and Kabuto essentially out of the picture thanks to Itachi. Unless Kishi wants to introduce another continent for the ninja world as a whole to fight this manga doesn't have much juice left. You need a conflict for a drama to succeed.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the same thing Kishimoto has been saying for the last couple of years regarding the series (recently said exactly the same thing in an interview in Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha, and prior to that in one of the tankobon forewards). Everything up to the finale has been planned out and he's just working on getting to it now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the final arc, at this point. If there's another arc after this one, it'll probably be shorter and definitely be the final arc.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity laughing@you's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it kind of feels like the final arc. I mean who's left? They already establish that the bijuus were misunderstood and mistreated. Sasuke vs Naruto is gonna be epic we all know that, and we know is gonna end with sasuke seeing the light or dead as a stick.

Unless Tobi turns out to be many-out-of-this-world villain in one host body that get splitted, this manga is pretty much over. Anything else will be very boring. Details of what happens during peace? No thank you

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

He's definitely rushed through the war arc...i guess he really wanted to write whatever he was planning to end the manga, but the editors made him write the war arc(specially the edo tensei) for fan service...cause after the whole arc ended, i find that it hasn't contributed much to the overall story.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you know it was the editors who made him write the war arc?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    How do you know it was the editors who made him write the war arc?
    Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    ...i guess...
    Would you disagree that the massive fanservice [previous kages, 7 Swordsman, etc] was included intentionally? Maybe ashher unconsciously wants to put the blame from Kishimoto to the editors, I don't know, but the FS is on hand.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Cyberlink35's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'll be good for series.Naruto must be finished at where it belongs.at mountains top for good.İt'll be sad for us but its the best for Naruto series.
    Last edited by Cyberlink35; June 26, 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    He's definitely rushed through the war arc...i guess he really wanted to write whatever he was planning to end the manga, but the editors made him write the war arc(specially the edo tensei) for fan service...cause after the whole arc ended, i find that it hasn't contributed much to the overall story.
    I don't think he rushed it at all. I'm not even sure how you thought that was rushed. I'll give you that beginning the war was a bit fast but that's it. If you re-read the whole thing you'll realize how lengthy it was. Edo tensei was required for the war to even be a war. Right now it's just Madara vs the world and he could possibly lose but I am more than sure he has an ace up his sleeve that will keep the battle interesting before he loses.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara planed the war without the Edo Tensei, so of course it somehow could have been a war without them too. That or Kishimoto has a big plot hole in his story leaving out how Tobi imagined to win over the united shinobi strike force with just his Zetsu clones.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Would you disagree that the massive fanservice [previous kages, 7 Swordsman, etc] was included intentionally? Maybe ashher unconsciously wants to put the blame from Kishimoto to the editors, I don't know, but the FS is on hand.
    I don't see any particular reason it would have been forced on him by the editors. It was a perfect chance to actually show us what some characters which had had a decent bit of hype built over them had. I do doubt so many characters would have been introduced as ET if kishi had not meant to do that, there are plenty of ways he could have done that differently with half the effort.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Madara planed the war without the Edo Tensei, so of course it somehow could have been a war without them too. That or Kishimoto has a big plot hole in his story leaving out how Tobi imagined to win over the united shinobi strike force with just his Zetsu clones.
    The manga already made it clear that the war as a whole was a charade.
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/545

The main purpose of the war was to lure naruto to the battlefield where tobi cold use his rinnengan and 7 biju to capture him while everyone else was fighting the clones. And it worked pretty well. Overall killing the shinobi is perhaps not even in tobi's best interest, after all he is attempting to mind control everyone in the world. What good is that plan if he kills all the good shinobi? The ET helped and gained him some time however the plan to lure naruto out to the fight would have worked perfectly well either way.

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast