Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    You don't have to tell me why he even started the war, that's a given, one would have to be an idiot to miss Tobi's plan, as that's what part 2 has mostly been about, capturing Naruto. However he would still need a strong enough force to keep the kages at hold and as far as we know, his pre-Yamotized Zetsu were in no way ready to hold them off, being slaughtered as we were shown. And personally, I did not wish to see all the mysteries about the past kages and strong fighters revealed on a silver platter as in this war.

    Half the effort, how? How exactly would he have shown the attacks and backgrounds to so many characters without continuously showing battle after battle as in this war? Kishimoto might have planed it from the start[j/k he never ever did that], but it probably only came up with time. After Tobi he may have thought, fuck it, I will just make Kabuto another imbalanced character capable of summouning dozens of the strongest characters in the Narutoverse. => easy explanation for fan service total. :P [warning: It's just my humble and joking opinion.]
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 26, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  2. #17
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't see any particular reason it would have been forced on him by the editors. It was a perfect chance to actually show us what some characters which had had a decent bit of hype built over them had. I do doubt so many characters would have been introduced as ET if kishi had not meant to do that, there are plenty of ways he could have done that differently with half the effort.
    As schbark said the involvement of editors is only my guess. may be its cause i'm keen to let someone else take the blame for that devastation of an arc, which the war arc was.

    however i do have my reason for making that guess,which is the general careless-ness in the writing of this arc. Kishimoto hurried through most of the fights, hardly put any effort in making fights unpredictable and was prone to end most of the fights with one-shot-deus-ex-machinas,which is clearly in contrast with the way he used to write upto the war.

    In fact the huge number of ET is another reason which makes me suspect that it was imposed on Kishimoto by the editors. fans care about many of the side characters, who were not getting screentime...cause clearly kishimoto was finished with their stories(like team shika). however some edos were dug up just to give them some pages....while kishimoto hardly even bothered to add anything new to their characters, or even write their fights properly. Making chouji fly or revealing about gaara's mom were somethings kishimoto obviously wanted to do, but he just threw in those half-baked plans of his in this war arc...which is why we can see the lack of any significant plot relevance to those occurrences in the war arc.

    So this overall half-baked manner, the attempts to finish the fights as quickly as possible without giving much care about them, edo tensei and the way it was ended by a dead guy who has little more relevance in plot any more than his huge fanbase, plus the lack of overall plot relevance to many of the events that took place in the war...makes me think that what kishimoto really wants to write about is tobi and his moon eye plan,and sasuke vs naruto...things he couldn't write before finishing this war. hence the half-assed-ness printed all over it.

    Since he was not seeming to me at least,to be all that invested in writing the war...it seemed like a likely possibility that someone else was more interested in making him write it(due to wanting to please the fans and milk the series for more)...which could only be his editor.

  3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #18
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Yes Naruto is reaching its end. Once Madara and Tobi get defeated and after the Sasuke fight (assuming Naruto lives) what's he going to do?

    He's approaching Sage of Six Pathes level of power and the only of comparable strength will have been defeated. Time for the series to end.

  5. #19
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    next year the manga will end. the war isn't finished yet,and there are a lot of things toa djust before ending the story: such as flashbacks. I think the last fights will be naruto VS sasuke and naruto VS konohamaru,albeit the latter will last...2 pages? after that there will be less than 10 chapters to conclude everything,including naruto's promotion to Kage.

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Kishimoto discussed his reasons for creating the war arc and introducing reanimated shinobi via Edo Tensei in his interviews with Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha.

    Here, direct quotes:

    Quote Quote:
    Q. Currently, there is a major war brewing in Naruto with a multitude of characters from the past and present. How do you feel about war? And what are the challenges of depicting such an epic event in manga?

    There are a lot of characters who are involved in the current war in the world of Naruto. I want to pay a lot of attention to every character while drawing them, but I have to omit some points. So it is difficult to make a judgment on what to omit and what to show.

    Also, war is a difficult theme to write about. I grew up in Okayama, which is right next to Hiroshima. My grandparents went through the terror of war, and I know from their stories that the war was built up on people's grudges.

    But you can't just look at the current state and criticize it as being simply wrong, because every little thing in our history causes the build-up towards war, and when it reaches its limit, it breaks out. So even in the manga, it wouldn't be believable unless I carefully elaborate on the war's background.

    As my grandfather taught me, I believe that "war is never the right answer," but I also understand that there will always be war. I feel lucky that I grew up in a generation that didn't experience war. However, there are certain things only my generation can tell in a story, and I can tell it from my own perspective. Even though it's fiction, I want to make people feel like that there is still hope.

    ...

    Q. Who is your favorite undead ninja to bring back to life as one of Kabuto's army?

    The people who were brought back by Kabuto's Edotensei Reanimation jutsu are like zombies, but with their consciousness and memories intact from when they were alive. It allows the characters from the past to talk to the characters in the present. It's a fantasy element of the series.

    While creating a story about war, I started thinking to myself that there must be a reason why war occurs, and I wanted the characters from the past to talk about it themselves.

    Out of Kabuto's army, Deidara is my favorite character. Honestly, I think Edotensi Renimation could make him the deadliest character because he can come back to life after he uses his special power to explode himself. I really like Deidara as a character.

    Now, you may or may not agree that he accomplished what he set out for. Personally, I feel like a lot of it could've been handled better. I don't think it feels like a real war. It's more like just one giant battle. And there haven't really been any tragic casualties, at least yet. Though a lot of characters died, it was mostly off-screen and unimportant extras in the backgrounds. He also wasn't able to focus on some of the more interesting shinobi to be revived, which was a real bummer. A bigger bummer is that the anime didn't use that as an opportunity to expand the fights as filler, either.


    Also, more relevant to the topic, from the same interview:

    Quote Quote:
    Q. Last but not least, what do you want to say to the fans of Naruto in the U.S.?

    Naruto is getting close to the climax of the series, and it's going to get really heated from now on, so keep following Naruto until the end. That would make me really happy.
    Last edited by Suzaku; June 28, 2012 at 02:21 AM.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #21
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    i think the climax as of now was the pain invasion and destruction of the leaf

    now the war still has potential to possibly equal the pain arc in epicness, but to this point it has not,

    just my opinion

  9. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Given what I have seen in the past 40 chapters, I am less interested in the ending of Naruto as I am about the epilogue. I basically just want to see what happens to the Konoha 11, Sasuke, and the Sand Sibs in the future. I just don't care about the journey anymore.

    The war had so much promise when it started. So many stories could have been told. I can't believe it turned into what it did. Very disappointing. I have to watch Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth to remind me how great the Konoha 11 are as characters.

  10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #23
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Given what I have seen in the past 40 chapters, I am less interested in the ending of Naruto as I am about the epilogue. I basically just want to see what happens to the Konoha 11, Sasuke, and the Sand Sibs in the future. I just don't care about the journey anymore.

    The war had so much promise when it started. So many stories could have been told. I can't believe it turned into what it did. Very disappointing. I have to watch Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth to remind me how great the Konoha 11 are as characters.
    i will agree that the majority of the konoha 11 as you refer to them, have been systematically removed from relevance to the story, including sakura

    i hate that this happens in some longer stories where the main characters get over powered and thus no one else is relevant in major battles

    i was a big fan of most of them as caracters, even the most irrelevant one in tenten had her moments, i will not go as far as to say i have lost interest in the story as i think as a whole naruto has never been better, but i am sad about neji, rock lee and the others not mattering as much anymore, i really liked them as characters

  12. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKisame View Post
    I don't think he rushed it at all. I'm not even sure how you thought that was rushed. I'll give you that beginning the war was a bit fast but that's it. If you re-read the whole thing you'll realize how lengthy it was. Edo tensei was required for the war to even be a war. Right now it's just Madara vs the world and he could possibly lose but I am more than sure he has an ace up his sleeve that will keep the battle interesting before he loses.
    Of course the war was rushed:

    Dan was resurrected for the sole purpose of mindfucking Tsunade. Did that happen? No. Hell, he even had a chance to see her. Did they even have a decent conversation once he found her? No.

    Did we see Hyūga Hizashi and Hyūga Hiashi go face-to-face? No.

    Did we get to see the other neglected "Konoha 11" shine? No. Ten Ten just used the mythical fan for a bit then fainted. Neji and Hinata didn't do anything. Kiba didn't do anything. Rock Lee coming and kicking Haku was promising, yet did we see him fight Haku? No. That fight would've been epic. Did we see Shino do anything at all? No. Shino has an amazing ability yet we only saw him fight Kankurou in the whole series. At least Ino showed a bit of skill with her use of her clan's technique and saving Chouji's ass. And talking about Chouji, he had the ability necessary to turn into Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō (Captain Komamura's bankai) and clean the battlefield and he only does that when a whole bunch of people have already died. I wasn't even impressed when he transformed into the winged giant. So basically the war only shone a bit on Chouji. That's it. Well, that's not true. At least Shikamaru received praise from Tobi. Epic.

    Did we Kimimaru own all the samurai? No. Did we see the Seven Mist Swordsmen - the most hyped team in the history of the series, actually fight for more than a couple of panels each? No.

    The war looked promising with the fight between the ambush squads, the fight between Naruto & Killer B vs. zombie Nagato & zombie Itachi, and that was pretty much it until we saw the fights between the zombie Kage and the living Kage. Then the fight between the 5 Kage and enhanced zombie Madara. But that was pretty much expected because we had to see the Kage fight at some point. Naruto vs. Tobi was to be expected but Kakashi and Gai there are pretty much superfluous. Also, Sasuke & zombie Itachi vs. Kabuto was totally rushed. Kabuto was just eliminated as a main villain.

    So yeah, the war was pretty much rushed.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

  13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #25
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Of course the war was rushed:

    Dan was resurrected for the sole purpose of mindfucking Tsunade. Did that happen? No. Hell, he even had a chance to see her. Did they even have a decent conversation once he found her? No.

    Did we see Hyūga Hizashi and Hyūga Hiashi go face-to-face? No.

    Did we get to see the other neglected "Konoha 11" shine? No. Ten Ten just used the mythical fan for a bit then fainted. Neji and Hinata didn't do anything. Kiba didn't do anything. Rock Lee coming and kicking Haku was promising, yet did we see him fight Haku? No. That fight would've been epic. Did we see Shino do anything at all? No. Shino has an amazing ability yet we only saw him fight Kankurou in the whole series. At least Ino showed a bit of skill with her use of her clan's technique and saving Chouji's ass. And talking about Chouji, he had the ability necessary to turn into Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō (Captain Komamura's bankai) and clean the battlefield and he only does that when a whole bunch of people have already died. I wasn't even impressed when he transformed into the winged giant. So basically the war only shone a bit on Chouji. That's it. Well, that's not true. At least Shikamaru received praise from Tobi. Epic.

    Did we Kimimaru own all the samurai? No. Did we see the Seven Mist Swordsmen - the most hyped team in the history of the series, actually fight for more than a couple of panels each? No.

    The war looked promising with the fight between the ambush squads, the fight between Naruto & Killer B vs. zombie Nagato & zombie Itachi, and that was pretty much it until we saw the fights between the zombie Kage and the living Kage. Then the fight between the 5 Kage and enhanced zombie Madara. But that was pretty much expected because we had to see the Kage fight at some point. Naruto vs. Tobi was to be expected but Kakashi and Gai there are pretty much superfluous. Also, Sasuke & zombie Itachi vs. Kabuto was totally rushed. Kabuto was just eliminated as a main villain.

    So yeah, the war was pretty much rushed.
    it basically sums up to.....

    every ninja in the world was about to be owned by a bunch of zetsu's until naruto showed up and shadow cloned the piss out of them

    the edo tensi zombies were also owning the allied shinobi's

    basically naruto is even more over powered and the other shinobi are all even more insignificant including the kages

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    it basically sums up to.....

    every ninja in the world was about to be owned by a bunch of zetsu's until naruto showed up and shadow cloned the piss out of them

    the edo tensi zombies were also owning the allied shinobi's

    basically naruto is even more over powered and the other shinobi are all even more insignificant including the kages

    That's kinda sad. There are ways to showcase Naruto and his ability than to come and own everyone on the battlefield, making 50,000 shinobi look like droopy-eyed armless children. I was excited and then disappointed.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

  17. #27
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    That's kinda sad. There are ways to showcase Naruto and his ability than to come and own everyone on the battlefield, making 50,000 shinobi look like droopy-eyed armless children. I was excited and then disappointed.
    in all fairness zetsu IS an akatsuki member (weakest of the bunch or not) he was well above average as far as shinobi power

    and the shinobi who were ET were hand selected by kabuto and some of the strongest shinobi in history, with the ET limitless chaakra

    so it does make logical sense that the allied shinobi had their proverbial hands full with this "army" put together by tobi and kabuto

  18. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    in all fairness zetsu IS an akatsuki member (weakest of the bunch or not) he was well above average as far as shinobi power

    and the shinobi who were ET were hand selected by kabuto and some of the strongest shinobi in history, with the ET limitless chaakra

    so it does make logical sense that the allied shinobi had their proverbial hands full with this "army" put together by tobi and kabuto
    Precisely my point. Naruto alone did what they all were almost totally unable to.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

  19. #29
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Precisely my point. Naruto alone did what they all were almost totally unable to.
    You should probably reread the war arc to see how much they actually did on their own. Of course Naruto was a big help for the heavyweights and to point out the fake shinobi as there can't be enough sensor type users to point out 50k[or whatever the remaining number was] possible fakes, but Kishi did show a lot of different sealing users on the battlefield. In the end it was the fodder shinobi that took half of Madaras forces, not a group of elite shinobi.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 02, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  20. #30
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga Is 'Rising Towards Its Climax'

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    You should probably reread the war arc to see how much they actually did on their own. Of course Naruto was a big help for the heavyweights and to point out the fake shinobi as there can't be enough sensor type users to point out 50k[or whatever the remaining number was] possible fakes, but Kishi did show a lot of different sealing users on the battlefield. In the end it was the fodder shinobi that took half of Madaras forces, not a group of elite shinobi.
    Actually, only Naruto had the ability to point out the fakes because of emotion. Chakra was alike, if I recall, so that way wouldn't have worked. It was the killing intent of the Zetsu that gave it away to Naruto. Otherwise their only method was asking questions to spot hte fakes, which apparently didn't work as well, according to Shikamaru.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts