Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 102 Discussion/103 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tower of God Chapter 102 Discussion/103 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Tower of God.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

• *Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out.
    • Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 102 Spoilers

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's... it's freaking awesome Koon

Finally, finally

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

So he's on the 25th floor, not far away from Baam looks like there's talk about a FUG member going 1 on 1 with a Ranker, not too sure though

on a sidenote, does anyone else think ToG's art has improved lately? Looks really great too me

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

First raw translations by LaFa:

Quote Quote:
    So yes. Wangnan "tricked" Viole. Viole was cool as ice, so he probably knew.
    Augusgus is FUG ( he talked with the submerged fish). They all passed. Viole asks Wang why he forgave Lurker. Big incident is that there is a FUG slayer candidate in floor 20 and that he beat a ranker in a one vee one game.
    Augusgus is a FUG member? and who exactly is the submerged fish? Only one that comes to my mind is Yu Han Sung

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Full Summary out by Chestnut:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; July 01, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Summary by Naver.com:

Spoiler show

7. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick summary/translation from FudgeNouget from batoto.net
    Spoiler show

The question is who is the Prince? Wangnan, the Boss's son or someone else?
    Also the big/important (according to SIU) situation regarding this test is probably a ranker being defeated by a slayer candidate at 20F. It'll probably make Viole famous and I guess FUG wants all the attention on Viole away from the Prince!
    Btw, it is mentioned in the forums that SIU is taking a week off and the next test will be at 25th floor.
    Last edited by braveheart655; July 01, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 102 Discussion/103 Predictions

The spoilers so far kinda bum me out.

So Baam was "tricked" into passing everybody. Though he may have known he was being tricked that still kinda sucks to me. I mean, isn't it a little late to be playing the "is he heartless or not" game? We know he has a heart, since we are all familiar with his past. I guess, I just got my hopes up that Baam's emotional walls would come down more than they have.

*sigh* And Koon. I like his character just fine but he isn't exactly first on my list of part one characters I wanted to see.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 04, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In case no one has noticed, there won't be a chapter next week. SIU wrote about a two week break in the chapter but changed it to 1 week, not sure if it was a mistake by him or if it was caused by fans of the series (because he wrote that he was really touched by all the fans comments in the last chapter's afterwords).

edit: Okay, I just read it was a fault by a Naver Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    The spoilers so far kinda bum me out.

Spoiler show
    I understand your disappointment Jammin but on the other hand I actually like what SIU did there - he build a resolution to travel without anyone/not trust anyone over 5 years, there's no way he would just throw it away after one event. A slow but steady development to the old Baam is logical in my opinion, even though I prefer the old Baam as well.

You read about SIU's post where he mentioned Koon splitting the group right? Androssi, Anak, etc. travel ahead to focus the attention on them while Koon and the rest slowly follows. Havin that in mind it makes sense that we first get a glimpse on him, I'm sure the rest will follow

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Very raw info from SIU's blogpost:

Quote Quote:
    There will be a long episode after the next one.

Next episode will connect with Part 1 in an unexpected direction.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; July 01, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I understand your disappointment Jammin but on the other hand I actually like what SIU did there - he build a resolution to travel without anyone/not trust anyone over 5 years, there's no way he would just throw it away after one event. A slow but steady development to the old Baam is logical in my opinion, even though I prefer the old Baam as well.
    All that is perfectly reasonable but I have strongly disliked the "resolution to go it alone" thing from day one; interweaving character dynamics are SUI's greatest strength in my opinion and this direction basically distances the protagonist from it all. That is a resolution that I think should be weakened as soon as possible.

Right now the Tower of God story seems to me like it's working against itself . All it's best characters are absent. It's character dynamic is stunted due to Baam's new personality. I find the whole thing frustrating and want to see some progress toward something better; which is what this seemed to be....but then apparently wasn't.

So I'm bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    You read about SIU's post where he mentioned Koon splitting the group right? Androssi, Anak, etc. travel ahead to focus the attention on them while Koon and the rest slowly follows. Havin that in mind it makes sense that we first get a glimpse on him, I'm sure the rest will follow
    I actually avoid writer posted stuff on purpose(or try to). They are a little like spoilers to me. I want to get the information through the story as much as I can, any other way ruins the narrative impact for me.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 01, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!
    I started this manwha (my first manwha ever!) this week and I'm finally up-to-date!

I must say I like it a lot!

Although, I'm not sure about the whole "I'll change the tower!" speech from last week.
    I liked this manwha because it was so different from the other things I was reading, but this speech just sounded a bit too much Naruto-ish...

Anyway, it seems I joined the ToG reader at a good time since we are heading to a very interesting part where we will see how Part 1 and Part 2 are tied.
    I can't wait to see the people from Part 1 again!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

GoDai has posted a more extensive summary:

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Use..._II_Chapter_22

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I started this manwha (my first manwha ever!) this week and I'm finally up-to-date!

I must say I like it a lot!

Although, I'm not sure about the whole "I'll change the tower!" speech from last week.
    I liked this manwha because it was so different from the other things I was reading, but this speech just sounded a bit too much Naruto-ish...

Anyway, it seems I joined the ToG reader at a good time since we are heading to a very interesting part where we will see how Part 1 and Part 2 are tied.
    I can't wait to see the people from Part 1 again!
    Welcome to the Tower of God fandom Nindo!

I'm glad you decided to give manhwa a try. I hope you find as much to like in it as I have.

Just throwing this out there, since I know you and I share certain interests, a recent event in the series The Breaker: New Waves is very much up your alley. If only for that, you should try and give The Breaker a read. The author of that series is as good with his female characters as I wish Kishimoto was.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 02, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading the extended summary, I start to think that Wangnan is a lot more sinister and shadier than I thought. Even after Nia died, he calmly analyzed the situation and tricked Viole. When begging him for his life, he secretly gave a smirk when he realized Viole isn't gonna kill him. Finally, when Viole asks him about his dream/goal, he gave a very underwhelming one just hours after that speech with Lurker. So, he thinks he's very smart and can manipulate people easily. Also Akraptor seems to be a very good judge of character (Remember him seeing right through Yogurt Ajumma's intensions). I guess Akraptor thinks this situation is just too good to be true and he starts to get suspicious of Wangnan.

Also depending on these last two chapters, I think Wangnan didn't really own the Zahard's ring. He probably has killed someone and snatched it from him.

On another note, I now think that Viole isn't really FUG. First of all, there was a contradiction about his goal to begin with (Killing Zahard vs finding Rachel). Furthermore, the network that recruited Baam seems too vast to be the FUG (Remember that even a princess of Zahard was involved with this network and there were bunch of others too who were seemingly involved). So, my guess is, this is another organization that wants to overthrow Zahard. They probably wanted to bring chaos to the tower using an irregular like Baam in disguise of FUG slayer candidate. This whole situation will create an uproar and they're gonna make their prince climb the tower only to take it from Zahard.

Btw, I don't think Yeon will be able to drink anything for a while
    Last edited by braveheart655; July 02, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    After reading the extended summary, I start to think that Wangnan is a lot more sinister and shadier than I thought. Even after Nia died, he calmly analyzed the situation and tricked Viole. When begging him for his life, he secretly gave a smirk when he realized Viole isn't gonna kill him. Finally, when Viole asks him about his dream/goal, he gave a very underwhelming one just hours after that speech with Lurker. So, he thinks he's very smart and can manipulate people easily.
    That's true. Still, as I see it it's all in his character - he even admited last chapter that he wasn't much different from Lurker and Nia for one thing. And considering that his defining character trait is "I won't give up", him "giving up" in favor of avenging Nia did ring a little false with me (though I don't doubt he really wanted to take revenge on Lurker).

Finailly, it's very doubtious whether Viole was really tricked or not - the long pause when he took the connector two chapters ago, his way of acting after that and Augusgus's comments... It's if anything more likely that Viole wasn't tricked, but went along with it anyway, either because it was his FUG-assignament this time around or simply because something Wangnan did/said (him forgiving Lurker?) made Viole think that he deserved the chance to pass.

Also Akraptor seems to be a very good judge of character (Remember him seeing right through Yogurt Ajumma's intensions). I guess Akraptor thinks this situation is just too good to be true and he starts to get suspicious of Wangnan.
    Yes, I do think he thinks something's fishy here. But it's not clear exactly what - does he think that there's no way Viole could've been tricked so easily? Or does he think Wangnan's more dangerous than he thought? Or is he simply skeptical at Wangnan's confindence in his own shrewdness? Or does he just think the whole situation smells fishy? Or is it something else? Hmmmmmm....

Also depending on these last two chapters, I think Wangnan didn't really own the Zahard's ring. He probably has killed someone and snatched it from him.
    An interesting thought....

On another note, I now think that Viole isn't really FUG. First of all, there was a contradiction about his goal to begin with (Killing Zahard vs finding Rachel). Furthermore, the network that recruited Baam seems too vast to be the FUG (Remember that even a princess of Zahard was involved with this network and there were bunch of others too who were seemingly involved). So, my guess is, this is another organization that wants to overthrow Zahard. They probably wanted to bring chaos to the tower using an irregular like Baam in disguise of FUG slayer candidate. This whole situation will create an uproar and they're gonna make their prince climb the tower only to take it from Zahard.
    ... I don't know, sounds a little far-fetched. Still, we've got to remember that it's Headon who set Baam on his current path. And the one he has been with lately is a Guide, Hwa Ryun, and the Guides seem to be closely assisocated with the Tower itself and may therefore have their own agenda(s). So, far-fetched but not impossible, I guess.

Btw, I don't think Yeon will be able to drink anything for a while
    Haha, true that . At least not anything from a can...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; July 02, 2012 at 07:56 AM.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

@DarkLordOfKichiku
    I agree that Viole not being FUG is a bit far-fetched but I believe SIU likes that kind of thinking. Just recently, we've seen that the guy who was advertising himself as the Devil turned out a fake although he had a powerful right hand and all. Also I got to think that we've only seen couple of floors and it seems like Headon, Augusgus, Yu Han Sung, Hwa Ryun and also an important princess is actively involved with the organization now Viole is in. If it was really FUG, I wouldn't expect so many of its members be in these low-level floors. Also since FUG is rather secretive, I wouldn't think that all those people are just hired/used by FUG.

Just remember that I called it first if/when Viole turns out to be not related to FUG.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember that I called it first if/when Viole turns out to be not related to FUG.
    I'll try to make a mental note of it

Anyway, Notherncolors has posted his translation/scanlation of chapter 102:

1. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ods202201.png/
    2. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ods202202.png/
    3. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ods202203.png/
    4. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ods202204.png/
    5. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ods202205.png/

Single file download (17.3mb, 1200 x 61564): http://www.mediafire.com/?umz0dunawe0n0pz
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; July 02, 2012 at 11:37 PM.

24. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast