Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 102 Discussion/103 Predictions

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 102 Discussion/103 Predictions

Oh, Koon. How awesome your ways end to be.

So we know now that Karak was the previous slayer, that there was someone else with the talent of Baam and that FUG wants to help Wangnan to climb.
    Last edited by Uriel; July 03, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

We already knew about the previous slayer actually...
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    We already knew about the previous slayer actually...
    Oh yes? I skipped that O_O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow this chapter was so amazing

I'm glad Baam has new teammates and i really like Wagnan . I knew he was a good guy and i like his character . It was a surprise though seeing that the general supervisor is working for FUG I'm really curious to see those slayers

And the ending was awesome . Here enters my fav character . I like Koon the best . I just hope he's not a bastard now . The way he's acting makes me think that since he thought Baam died he reverted back to his original self of not trusting anyone . I can't wait to see what are the old characters doing . Are they still trying to reach the top for Rachel's sake ?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested on Koon outfit. What's that Boy Scout uniform? He always looks cool, but still.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Wow this chapter was so amazing

I'm glad Baam has new teammates and i really like Wagnan . I knew he was a good guy and i like his character . It was a surprise though seeing that the general supervisor is working for FUG I'm really curious to see those slayers

And the ending was awesome . Here enters my fav character . I like Koon the best . I just hope he's not a bastard now . The way he's acting makes me think that since he thought Baam died he reverted back to his original self of not trusting anyone . I can't wait to see what are the old characters doing . Are they still trying to reach the top for Rachel's sake ?
    I wouldn't say he was a good guy, he wants to change the tower so that people don't have to betray and kill each other all for the sake of climbing and yet that's exactly what he does to Viole. He himself admits that he doesn't know how many more people he'll kill compared to Lurker in the future anyway so how can he become this righteous king who changes the tower if he commits the same wrongs himself? Though I admit, I like his character, he's less one-dimensional compared to other characters like Naruto.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 102 Spoilers

I liked this chapter mostly because of the appearance of Koon, even though he isn´t the one I wanted to see the most ( Androssi or Rak would be better for me and pleease no Rachel for some time)
    He´s called A.A now, but I wonder why, he was always proud of his Koon title, maybe he wants to make a name for himself. And his arrogance is the same as always
    I thought that this weeks chapter would clear a few things, but with the exception of the clearifying that Baam was "tricked", it didn´t explain anything, every week I feel trolled from SIU -.-
    Next chapter will be in F25, so will we see F20 again? And I think what Love saw on his monitor will probably revealed in 15+ chapters or at the end of season 2, thats the thing I like about SIU, everything is planned and changes with some explanation. But damn everytime I feel like, so he was the bad guy [20 chapters later] so he actually was the good guy, but acted like he was bad [another 20 chapters later] so he was really the bad guy, but acted like he was the good guy after the acted like he was the bad guy... [another 10 chapters later] I see so Zahard is the bad one and everyone else is good... I see -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    on a sidenote, does anyone else think ToG's art has improved lately? Looks really great too me
    Definitly, it keeps up improving since chapter 50, but recently it got even better. I want to see the black march in his new art-style (the girl, not the needle

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Spoiler show
    Yeah, but I guess it would be kinda irritating, if his emotional walls would come down suddenly, I think it happened already a little and will be more triggered and really down after he meets his friends from season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Right now the Tower of God story seems to me like it's working against itself . All it's best characters are absent. It's character dynamic is stunted due to Baam's new personality. I find the whole thing frustrating and want to see some progress toward something better; which is what this seemed to be....but then apparently wasn't.
    Even though the best characters are absent, it broke a record in rating and commenting on naver, so the author does something right I think. After the other characters reappear it will be even more awesome. Just have faith in SIU.

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    After reading the extended summary, I start to think that Wangnan is a lot more sinister and shadier than I thought. Even after Nia died, he calmly analyzed the situation and tricked Viole. When begging him for his life, he secretly gave a smirk when he realized Viole isn't gonna kill him. Finally, when Viole asks him about his dream/goal, he gave a very underwhelming one just hours after that speech with Lurker. So, he thinks he's very smart and can manipulate people easily. Also Akraptor seems to be a very good judge of character (Remember him seeing right through Yogurt Ajumma's intensions). I guess Akraptor thinks this situation is just too good to be true and he starts to get suspicious of Wangnan.
    I never really liked Wangnang very much, but after all this events, it got even worse. His speeches contradict themselves and I even thought that maybe he will be an antagonist in the future, because with SIU you never know, if someone is a good or bad person, it even changes with the point of view and in TOG its even harder to see.
    But I guess we have to see him getting more character depth to finally sentence him

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

On another note, Augusgus said "the prince passed our test" and I´m saying it now, the prince is Violet
    I think that would make sence, because who else would have been passing the test of FUG without knowing about it, so I think it really is baam... And also just how much further do this FUG guys plan, first Yu han Sung, now Gusgus, its like they know what exactly will happen, yes I know some people say that guide´s have the ability to see the future, but I think more of it like, they senec danger or "sometimes" they can predict what will happen, but to really see the future, i can´t imagine that, though Yu han Sung said "They are the ones blessed by the tower with ne knowlede of all the paths within, to assist in its navigation, an at times, are even able to foresee the future and change it". So I´m a little confused now
    Last edited by kakashi65; July 04, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, this is my first Manhwa, and it's really great.

I picked it up because it was meationed sometimes in here. So thanks to Jammin and matzik1212 in particular for that.

I really like the style, one long page nonstop, also the art of Tower of God is quite good, the first chapters really left a good impression on me, so I ended up reading the whole thing in 2 days lol. And the plot is also good, there's 2 sides to it, in one hand the more "mature" side, the mysticism of the Tower, the realistic brutality of some tests, the struggles of power etc, on the other hand a more "shounen" side with the interactions between the Regulars on the Second Floor and now the new guys with wangnan at the centre. Personally I prefer the first one, but as long as a good balance between both is maintained it's cool. Until now SIU was able to do it imo.

Part 2 is interesting in the sense that SIU just kinda changed his main character, and he did say he will not have a fixed one, I find that nice.

And sorry for disagreeing with some of you guys about Baam, I like him better now, now he is a proper irregular. I mean he doesn't need to be "evil" and he actually isn't. He is just cold and a proper baddass fighting. That feats well the Tower of God (the mature side), a place where the 2nd test is basically to kill opponents left and right. The "good guy" kind of character can perfectly go for Wangnan, the guy that even tough has potential will always get beaten up before revealing his "true" strength etc, I'm actually a bit tired of that kinda of thing. Baam was a little like that, or better, if he kept like that he would develop into it. Viole(in contrast with Baam) on the other hand is more like Yuri and Koon, he can still be a good guy, but when fighting be ruthless and go straight to the point, he is a monster after all, so I like him that way.

About Viole opening up to others, well I agree that at core he is still Baam so he will not just "kill em all" and move forward alone, he definitely belongs to this new group, but something like what Rachel did is not overcome that easily, and I hope he keeps being a little distant until the day he meets Rachel again and finds her reasons for betraying him. (deep down inside I just hope he would kill her hehehe, don't like her xD). Also his reason to be there seems to assure that Wangnan moves forward, on orders of FUG. And even though Wangnan will have an increasing influence on Viole, I hope Viole keeps with his new self, stays in FUG, becomes a slayer etc.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 102 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    Yeah, but I guess it would be kinda irritating, if his emotional walls would come down suddenly, I think it happened already a little and will be more triggered and really down after he meets his friends from season 1
    It wouldn't be irritating to me. I mean, obviously that aren't going to come down all the way but have some more significant cracks than this would nice. All it really would do I think is show me marked progress toward Baam being a more likeable character than he is as Violet.

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    Even though the best characters are absent, it broke a record in rating and commenting on naver, so the author does something right I think. After the other characters reappear it will be even more awesome. Just have faith in SIU.
    I'm sure Tower of God as a series will be fine. In the long run it will get to where it's going, and it should be fine once it gets there. But for me, speaking solely as in individual reader, this part of the series is not very enjoyable.

I mean, I'm absolutely certain there are tons of people who love this new Baam/Violet; and for them everything about this is probably a dream come true.

For me though, and forgive the long analogy, it's like sitting down for movie marathon in a theater where the 1st movie is great and the 2nd movie is mediocre; but you have to sit through it to get to the 3rd movie which looks to be awesome. So here I am sitting in the second movie checking my watch and seeing that it's been like 2 hours and the second movie is barely half over and groaning in despair.

That's what this chapter makes me feel like.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 04, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    And sorry for disagreeing with some of you guys about Baam, I like him better now, now he is a proper irregular.
    Wasn't it confirmed that Baam wasn't an irregular?

In the chapter where you see Rachel coming in the tower, Headon says to Rachel that she's not the one that was chosen.
    Doesn't that mean that Baam was the one that the tower actually chose?
    http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/76/22

Many pages (Wikipedia, etc) still mention Baam as an irregular...
    Did I misunderstood something?

At least, that's how I interpreted that, but I could be wrong...
    I guess, it's possible that they both open the door themselves somehow...

Still, that's pretty surprising, since Irregulars are supposed to be rare, and two of them getting inside the tower one right after the other...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; July 04, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed that Baam wasn't an irregular?
    In the chapter where you see Rachel coming in the tower, it is revealed that Baam was intended to come to the tower, and that Rachel is the one that wasn't supposed to be there.

Wouldn't that make Baam a regular, and Rachel the irregular?!
    I think SIU confirmed Baam as an Irregular, also the fact that the last test of the 2nd floor was given to him directly by the Guardian prooves he is an Irregular, since only Irregulars can do that.

This is my interpretation of Rachel's flashback and Irregulars in general. I don't think Irregulars are "not chosen", I think they are not chosen according to the laws of Zahard and the contracts he made with the Guardians, more specifically in this case with Headon, I think he made such contracts and outlawed Irregulars (like himself) because of the danger they pose to his rule. I think Irregulars are more like the "true" chosen of the Tower, the ones with capacity to open the Gate and to take tests directly from Guardians.

In Baam and Rachel's case, I think it was actually Baam who opened the Gate of the Tower and that Rachel "took a ride", thus explaining Headon's words. But Rachel did manage to enter the Tower even if in a "unfair" way, and after her pleading, Headon gave her a chance, which she miserably failed. Then Baam arrived, the Irregular ie imo the Chosen of the Tower itself, but "unchosen" according to Zahard's laws. He took the test and passed. Headon imo made that deal with Rachel, allowing her to procceed, and thus turning her into an Irregular as well, for her to work as another "test" for Baam, a "test" that the other Guardians seem to be aware of, because the last test of the 2nd Floor, in which Rachel's actions were planned, was the test given directly by the Guardian.
    Last edited by Daniel; July 04, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Spoiler show
    Instead of Baam, Rachel went in the tower, so even though she didn´t open the door herself, she wasn´t chosen, but Baam opened the door himself, so he is an irregular, but it can be argumented that he is still a chosen one, but the question here is, would he really be chosen, if he didn´t open the door himself? Maybe there was some seal, which stoped him from being chosen, so in the first try not him, but Rachel went in the tower... but after all the incidents that happened its more plausible that it was all a scheme of Headon to lure Baam in the tower...

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Nindo
    I don't know much about was SUI said apart from the series but in part 1 Baam met with that guardian of the floor or whatever it was in order to get assigned a test where he could pass with Rachel. If I remember correctly the condition for meeting that being was being an irregular. So, based on that, it's safe to assume Baam is definitely an irregular.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there's not that much to say, so I'll just wait until next week when we see more.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

The Company version is out:

Reading the Afterword, it's really interesting and promising to see that SIU looks at TOG not just an author but more of a reader

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast