Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 103 Discussion/104 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tower of God Chapter 103 Discussion/104 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Tower of God.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

• *Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out.
    • Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 103 Spoilers

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 103 Spoilers

For this chapter I really need translation, but wow is that "Rachel" at the last picture, I'm seeing ???

Also I think that the author needed a rest to create new characters. After looking only at RAW version my first feeling about new development that started this week, is kind of good, again...

Fast translation of blogpost from LaFa:

Quote Quote:
    SIU's blogpost in short.

Next week's contents will mark the start of this story.
    Actually, I have it done. I really wish I could show it to you. But, please wait a week.
    Because I'm a pro, I can't show you unless you give me money. My mentality is a pro's mentality, not my skills.

After this episode, you'll know the direction this manhwa is headed. Or not.

But, the important part is that it'll get more entertaining.

Summarized. Not verbatim.
    Last edited by Monsterguy; July 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling, adding blogpost translation

"How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 103 Discussion/104 Predictions

Looks like Koon is still his old self, he easily tricked that dude
    and is that Rachel at the end? O_o

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Fast translation by LaFa:

Quote Quote:
    Hey mate, I'm the scout, Edin Dan.
    Koon requests a silver carp from him.
    Koon then tries to scout him, but Edin decline

Thi edin mate is a speeder who has never been caught on a light house. Because of his exceptional ability, many people tried to recruit him on his team, but this fodder declined them all and lived as a hunter.

Koon acts friendly.
    Ignoring Edin's answer, Koon asks Edin to play a game/bet.

Here's a big suspendium mate. You want in?

Edin accepts. Edin now has to escape fron this shop w/o getting caught.
    Koon claims that he bought all the people here to work for him.

Emergency exit found, but it's blocked. Koon says that he only said he bought those people to lure him here. He then says something like this: You should believe a trustworthy person.

Hah, what a noob. Underestimating my speed (None of this is verbatim btw)... I'm faster than you think!
    Edin runs.

But Edin gets immobilzed by that cashier.
    He says something like this: You said you didn't hire anyone....!
    Koon says somethibg like this: Believe someone trusworthy (Same line as the one in the post abbove. I don't know which sounds better)
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; July 15, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW CHAP OUTTTTTT,
    i guess we need the full translation, i suppose i will have to tolerate rachel for a whole arc..
    i dont know Y but i was hoping that some thing happened and she died or something

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter summary by FudgeNoudget:

Spoiler show

and LaFa's translation of SIU's blogpost:

Quote Quote:
    SIU's blogpost in short.

Next week's contents will mark the start of this story.
    Actually, I have it done. I really wish I could show it to you. But, please wait a week.
    Because I'm a pro, I can't show you unless you give me money. My mentality is a pro's mentality, not my skills.

After this episode, you'll know the direction this manhwa is headed. Or not.

But, the important part is that it'll get more entertaining.

Summarized. Not verbatim.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, but I'd rather not have to see more Rachel immediately. I wanted Androssi...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

People probably won't like me saying this, but honestly Im bored with this.

He promised to reveal what happened in the last game, but kinda failed, he promised to link characters from the past these last 2 chapters but all we've seen is Koon and Rachel whom no one likes.

Im just let down.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, LoS, that does about mirror everyone else's thoughts, so...

However, you need to give it time. SIU has never been the fastest storyteller in the world. A lot of times, barely anything happened in a chapter, often making some of the Jump mangas, whcih were famous for barely anything happening in a single chapter, look good in terms of story progression. There have been quite a few ToG chapters where nothing happens. That scene with Love in the bathroom could've been way shorter, for example.

Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction:

After the test where Koon seamingly lost Baam's life, he entrusted the leadership to Rachel, who wouldn't care about loosing a few members. In fact Rachel would even see those people as her minors, that are disposable.

So all that is left for Koon is as always gathering seemingly strong regulars(instead of perfecting himself, he goes backwards, making more and more mistakes), who he himself sees as people that are worthy enough to climb with.

Unfortunately most of them soon fail or die on the same floor Koon would recruit them. So on each floor Koon needs to go on the look out, for new talented people.

With time and floors passing, Koon would sink deeper and deeper into depression, starting to even doubt his own judgment.

Now on floor 25 there would be a turn around, why in the middle of the test Koon's team would compete with other teams, among them also against Baam's or better to say Viole's team:

Rachel as a Light Bearer would soon realize(remember she knows how Baam looked like with long hair in the past before both of them came in tower), that in the next team there might be Baam/Viole, who is still alive !!!

So Rachel would again out of desperation try sacrifice not only a few, but almost all her team members in order to climb to the next floor, ditching and leaving most of her team behind.

At the same time Koon would start loosing himself, and would almost got the feeling to give up and die.

Right at that exact time Baam would save him instead of going after Rachel, why his unconscious wish has always been to hang out with real friends (trustworthy enough to help Baam instead of stabing him at the moment of his weakness, that almost each of us experience rarely, but still "sometimes").

But with this a FUG member, who would seem like the most promising would for the first time fail a test.

Koon not knowing that Viole is Baam would be reallllllly confused (in his imagination: Long hair with no chest, so not a girl or is it perhaps a flat one, but it could also be a boy --> dilema...) !!!

Viole/Baam: "Look's like we really have chosen both cheap and dirty way to climb this tower.".

Koon: No it can't be, you were alive all this time ?!? I, I thought you died back there...

Viole/Baam: Yes, I died on the inside, but the tower grants wishes so perhaps it will grant also mine, and revive the part of me that died on that day.

Koon: ??? -> What are you talking about, no I mean, what happened back than ???

Viole/Baam: Now is not the time to talk. First we must pass this floor, and catch up with Rachel !!!

All team mates from season 2: Impossible, we just failed and have no money or time to register for the new test.

Koon: *smirks* No need for any of that !!!

Viole/Baam going directly to the admin near them, and starts talking: "As an iregular, I demand a test directly from the guardian."

All team mates from season 2 in "AWE" mode...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; July 16, 2012 at 04:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    My prediction:
    Spoiler show
    While your prediction is nice and all, you really want to suffer through 20-30 bad chapters like that? I wouldn't have a problem with Rachel getting screen time if she actually had personality or something. SIU wrote her so poorly; I don't hate her for wanting to kill Baam, as she felt wronged in her mind, but if SIU actually gave her something, it would be acceptable. We haven't seen any form of ability out of Rachel, and all we know is that she wants to see the sky/stars at the top of the tower. Almost every other character, even some of the insignificant spear bearers or wave controllers on the training floor, had more personality and development than Rachel has had. Now, obviously, some of the 20th Floor opposition characters really didn't get any development, but I think that the overarching problem is SIU's writing style. SIU is often poor at character development or linking stories together. Why couldn't we see Leroro or someone? When I was reading the first season of ToG, I often thought it was overly slow and poorly written; there are definitely positives here and there, but I'm not expecting any amazing story on the 25th Floor or anything.

Now, onto your prediction. As I mentioned above, Rachel doesn't appear to have any abilities of her own, and as she hasn't been training/fighting for all of these floors, she hasn't been leveling up like everyone else has been, which could leave her as one of the very weakest, if not the weakest, people who have passed the 20th Floor. There's no way that she could make it through the tower on her own at those levels, unless SIU gives her some overpowering ability out of the blue, or she has the ability to steal others' abilities/powers. The other members of the season one cast went ahead on their own to survey the path or whatever, so they wouldn't be around to support Rachel. I just don't see Baam meeting up with Koon yet, and especially not in a manner where Rachel escapes on her own.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha was really pumped up about this chapter for the last 2 weeks.. and it felt dissapointing.. Was really hope to see something good. Not koon playing with some random

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, negativity all around XD . Well, I kinda understand though. Koon is one of my favourites, but I'd still rather have seen, say, Rak & Androssi instead of Koon & Rachel <_<. If they're all we'll be getting in terms of Part 1 characters this time around, I can only hope we'll quickly get back to Team Viole & Wangnan...

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Hmm, negativity all around XD . Well, I kinda understand though. Koon is one of my favourites, but I'd still rather have seen, say, Rak & Androssi instead of Koon & Rachel <_<. If they're all we'll be getting in terms of Part 1 characters this time around, I can only hope we'll quickly get back to Team Viole & Wangnan...
    I really want to focus on the positive but... Koon has never really been a personal favorite of mine; and NOBODY likes Rachel. Combine this with the Baam stuff and I'm having a really hard time looking on the bright side.

Old Baam, Anak, and Androssi made me feel like.....

New Baam(Viole), Koon, and Rachel makes me feel like.....

It's just so hard to get excited about whatever SUI has got in the works with these characters; because, quite simply, these are not the people I want to read a story about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only silver-lining here for me, that I can think of, is the possibility that Baam/Viole might catch up to Rachel this low in the tower and get that crap out of the way early; and put an end to this solitary "Dark Phase" of his. The sooner that ends the sooner we can get back to the parts of this series I love.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I really want to focus on the positive but... Koon has never really been a personal favorite of mine; and NOBODY likes Rachel. Combine this with the Baam stuff and I'm having a really hard time looking on the bright side.

Old Baam, Anak, and Androssi made me feel like.....

New Baam(Viole), Koon, and Rachel makes me feel like.....
    Yes, I'd agree there - ever since the end of Season 1, there has been a bit of a general gloomy/broody atmosphere over TOG, much thanks to the "new" Baam.

It's just so hard to get excited about whatever SUI has got in the works with these characters; because, quite simply, these are simply not the people I want to read a story about.
    Well, I agree, even if season 2's cast is starting to grow on me. Still, I'll say that I respect SIU's desire to, for whatever reason, make this the bunch we're following and have things turn out this way.

The only silver-lining here for me, that I can think of, is the possibility that Baam/Viole might catch up to Rachel this low in the tower and get that crap out of the way early; and put an end to this solitary "Dark Phase" of his. The sooner that ends the sooner we can get back to the parts of this series I love.
    Yes, I was a bit surpised that the two teams are not very far apart ("only" 5 Floors), which might in a best case scenario mean that Baam will catch up to Koon & Rachel in Part 2. That's better than the worst case scenario I've envisioned (Baam not catching up with the old brigade until Floor 134) and would indeed probably mean an end of the dark phase, as well as us finailly getting to see more of Part 1's characters (since they've likely moved on to higher floors than the one K&R is on).

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast