Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2003

Thread: Pinoy Community v. 18

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinoy Community v. 18

...Oh...I actually thought it was two separate religions. Our of curiosity, Catholicism is taken quite seriously there right? Is the younger generation as religious as the older one?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say generally no. Young Catholics encompass a whole range of people from the really devout to the average weekly church-goer to the cafeteria/lapsed Catholics (who mostly are liberal), to those who would be atheistic/agnostic, but still list themselves as Catholic. A lot of them who do take religion seriously end up drifting onto one of the several other Christian denominations in search of a faith that fits them more.

Generally, it's frowned upon by the majority, but celebs can get away with it (not that there's anything wrong with switching religions) because they're celebs. That's why a lot of fledgling faiths tend to find audience among the celebrities and the rich. Nevertheless, Catholicism still plays a major role in everything that legislation can get derailed by Catholic interference, and things like people calling storms and natural disasters God's punishment for immorality still makes headline news.

Oh, and they ARE separate religions. Evangelicals just don't want to lump themselves as a religion but as a 'relationship', but that's just semantics.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrayson_au
    Much safer argument is "Who should play Robin in any Christopher Nolan Batman sequal?" Personally, I say lady gaga. He's totally right for the role.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the problem isn't the religion but the do's and dont's of that said religion.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Oh, and they ARE separate religions. Evangelicals just don't want to lump themselves as a religion but as a 'relationship', but that's just semantics.
    Arent they just different forms of Christianity?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    Yep, technically. Over here, we classify them as separate religions out of deference, because some denominations don't want to lump themselves with Catholics and vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrayson_au
    Much safer argument is "Who should play Robin in any Christopher Nolan Batman sequal?" Personally, I say lady gaga. He's totally right for the role.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mangadictus's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    No. The main distraction of Manny is his mommy and her so called religion.

So Manny should get rid of his mommy first to get back to his prime.
    dude, even if he reverts back, his office duty still hinders him from training full time. all the more that he has to since he's not getting any younger, thus he has to train more than the younger ones to compensate for that.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

...Oh...I actually thought it was two separate religions. Our of curiosity, Catholicism is taken quite seriously there right? Is the younger generation as religious as the older one?
    Anywhere in the world there would be one big lump of Christianity, and among those would be the different religions such as the protestants, Lutherans, adventists, Roman Catholic, etc. etc.

Christian=acknowledges Christ.

A similar concept would be Language and Dialect. Under one Language that is English, there are many dialects.

A majority of people in the Philippines though, is Roman Catholic. Because we were a Spanish colony for 300 fucking years. And it's been deeply engrained in our culture. Although there are many other christian (and non-christian, I guess) religions here and there.

I would list myself in registrations as Roman Catholic, because I was baptized and raised as one, but right now all I can say is "Meh". I only go to church when I'm with my parents on a sunday, which happens like, once or twice a year when I visit them.

Plus I work on Christmas, and New Years' most of the time, which I would have otherwise felt I had obligation to go to mass- still only for Tradition's sake.

What would you list yourself as, if I may ask, Sir Imperium?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Gandhi summed up today's Christians the best:

Quote Quote:
    I would suggest first of all that all of you Christians, missionaries and all begin to live more like Jesus Christ.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit different here. There is Christianity which is the religion, and the others are denominations of Christianity. The term religion is not used for different denominations, which was why I was a bit confused the first time.

Me? I am agnostic I suppose. I am not an outright atheist as I do not reject that there can be a deity. Though I don't really like labelling myself. I was born and raised a Muslim though, so I am in a sense a cultural Muslim? That is another stupid label right there though.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

You're Sousky Sagara.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea...I had to google that. My otaku sense is not that good. I havent watched Full metal Panic so I dont really get the reference?

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch it, read the novels, or read the manga (full metal panic! sigma). I guarantee it's gonna be a fun experience.

And also a payback for recommending Craig's James Bond movies. grim and gritty universe indeed, at the very least he gets to have his hair mussed up, unlike previous Bonds who always have perfect hair regardless of what's being done to them.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Well seing as I've watched Full metal Jacket and Full metal alchemist, I might as well finish the full metal trilogy...

It's interesting how everything is turn dark and gritty recently. Batman, Bond etc I wonder when Hollywood will get tired of it. You should check out Tinker, Tailor, Solidier, Spy, film. It's less actioney more talking spy film. More realistic in a sense (but knowing how realistic a spy film is kinda hard).

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Already watched that. and also, Argo. They went dark, grim and gritty when the "reality of 9/11" hit the world.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well seing as I've watched Full metal Jacket and Full metal alchemist, I might as well finish the full metal trilogy...

I was thinking more along the lines of Setsuna F. Seiei. Setsuna! F! Seiei!

Thread Closed
Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast