Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Akira's new main disciple ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akira's new main disciple ?

What if Loki became Akira's new student ? As of right now Akira doesn't have a main student since Sho died. I think he would fit as his new disciple because he practices karate and is also talented(Not as talented as Kano, but he has potential). And if I remember they both use Nukite a lot in attacks.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Akira's new main disciple ?

Doubt it. He's already got those 2 other people, and there's no reason for Kenichi to have to beat down a disciple of his again. There's been too much Hongou lately anyway.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt akira ever had a "main" disciple. Obviously kano was the strongest of his disciples and the leader of yomi but would that make him his main disciple in his eyes? Odds are akira valued all of them the same.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I doubt akira ever had a "main" disciple. Obviously kano was the strongest of his disciples and the leader of yomi but would that make him his main disciple in his eyes? Odds are akira valued all of them the same.
    They weren't all his disciples shou was his only disciple the other 2 were his body guards and then after shous death he trained them because of their will to avenge shou.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    They weren't all his disciples shou was his only disciple the other 2 were his body guards and then after shous death he trained them because of their will to avenge shou.
    When was that ever said? For that matter, was sho's bodyguards ever an actual position? My actual take on the thing was that they were actually self proclaimed bodyguards. It is not actually that uncommon in shonen mangas for random kids to idolize someone that much.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

The Princess of Tidat.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    The Princess of Tidat.
    If Hongou were a little less serious and stubborn he could have become The Prince of Tidat

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the princess seems to want a little more than training from Akira if you catch my drift but I would have to agree with kkck that they probably are not his actual bodyguards. However, they idolize him so much they naturally feel compelled to protect him and follow his orders. I don't think he valued all three of them the same; I was under impression he and Akira had a very special bond since they've been master and disciple for so long. I don't see how anyone can argue that he wasn't the main disciple if anything he was clearly the most important. Now I don't think he'll take on another disciple; he'll probably continue to train them and later they can battle it out for Sho's vacant position in Yomi.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for me the issue is more about akira's character and perspective on the whole thing. I don't get the impression that he would be the type to have a preference over his disciples. He is a straightforward guy who cares about his disciples, I don't think it would be consistent with his character to take preference over any of his disciples. Within the mid term I don't see how any of them could take kano's position in yomi though. The two of them already lost to kenichi lol.

New Reply